• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sora Unlocks the Door! The Sora Social Thread

Sora's chances of getting in?

• Total voters

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
That new render really does look like it's from a different game. Sora looks ready to throw down too.
It kinda reminds me of his render for the Pirates world tho, that one is already way more detailed than his non pirate world render. It's like among their own KH3 renders they got more detailed ones and not so detailed ones lol

M@R!3

Smash Ace
It kinda reminds me of his render for the Pirates world tho, that one is already way more detailed than his non pirate world render. It's like among their own KH3 renders they got more detailed ones and not so detailed ones lol
Yeah, they're pretty similar. I saw some comparisons to the secret ending, and this render is pretty much identical to that visual style. It's looking like we may get to visit that place in Remind, however briefly, and would explain the more realistic rendering.

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
Welp! Tonight's the night guys! The odds of Sora being revealed tonight as a Smash bros. character are very slim, probably non-existent, but I haven't let go of any hope that the reveal will happen. Even if he doesn't though, tonight will mark the beginning of a new wave of speculation. One where we'll be able to make some strong arguments without being readily dismissed due to leaked info. It's kinda like marking the beginning of a new year, except it's a new wave of DLC. I don't know about you guys, but I'm ready to get this over with!

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
been meaning to ask, what does everyone think of being able to play as kairi at last?
"Eh."
If we can choose to play as her whenever we want and can customize our playstyles (like we can for Sora) then I'm definitely down for it. But otherwise, I'm not really thrilled about playing her. Especially after Aqua and Riku.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
"The ancient texts were correct?! I... I cannot believe it...'
nope dont get it

"Eh."
If we can choose to play as her whenever we want and can customize our playstyles (like we can for Sora) then I'm definitely down for it. But otherwise, I'm not really thrilled about playing her. Especially after Aqua and Riku.
well she is the only guardian we havent be able to play as before, im hoping this is the first step towards her getting her own game

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
nope dont get it

well she is the only guardian we havent be able to play as before, im hoping this is the first step towards her getting her own game
Getting her own game is definitely something that I'd support. Hell, I'm even down for some 1 world, episodic stories that features the other casts as main characters. Kinda like what they did for Aqua. Well... for $20 a pop.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Hey all just dropping by to wish you all luck in your favorite keyblade wielder making the cut tonight. Even if he doesn't continue to support him as he still has a chance post-Pass.

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty mad that Death stranding won the best music award over Kingdom Hearts 3. And what happened to best RPG?

Edit: okay so Disco Elysium beat KH3 at best RPG and I've never even heard of the game. They certainly won a lot of awards as well

Last edited:

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty mad that Death stranding won the best music award over Kingdom Hearts 3. And what happened to best RPG?

Edit: okay so Disco Elysium beat KH3 at best RPG and I've never even heard of the game. They certainly won a lot of awards as well
I'm more mad Death Stranding was even nominated for game of the year at all. At best all Death Stranding deserved to be nominated for was its narrative and its performances. But as an actual game Death Stranding is garbage. The gameplay of Death Stranding is just boring, and tedious, and it doesn't help that the game punishes you for playing any other way that isn't just avoid any and all conflict. As you walk through the characterless, bland, mostly empty world of Death Stranding. To get **** to people you don't actually care about and watch as they give you pointless exposition of their personal lives you never asked to hear let alone actually care about. Only for them to become almost immediately forgettable and completely unimportant to the large overall plot like five minutes later. Anyway what I'm trying to get at is that Death Stranding is a **** game but a great movie. Therefore it's not really a game of the year contender.

Last edited:

M@R!3

Smash Ace
been meaning to ask, what does everyone think of being able to play as kairi at last?
I guess it's nice to have? I wasn't particularly interested since I don't expect any of them to have complete kits like Sora. It's ultimately just a novelty, but if we can choose to play as Sora in the scenarios where he's present I won't complain. The new abilities in the patch have me pretty excited at the possibility of more combat options.

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
So... interestingly enough, people are so salty about the game awards that they've started bashing Sabi. Well, I mean, that part was borderline predictable due to the 5th fighter not being revealed, but people have also started discrediting him with stuff unrelated to smash bros. (for some reason) and while I personally still believe he's credible, I can't help but wonder how this will effect speculation going forward.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
So... interestingly enough, people are so salty about the game awards that they've started bashing Sabi. Well, I mean, that part was borderline predictable due to the 5th fighter not being revealed, but people have also started discrediting him with stuff unrelated to smash bros. (for some reason) and while I personally still believe he's credible, I can't help but wonder how this will effect speculation going forward.
It will probably be the end of the community hanging onto every word insiders have to say. Not completely, but a good portion of the community is pretty fed up with the 'I wish I could tell you more but i won't'

For all I know, everyone is still on the table to be the next character.

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
It will probably be the end of the community hanging onto every word insiders have to say. Not completely, but a good portion of the community is pretty fed up with the 'I wish I could tell you more but i won't'
Yeah, I definitely doubt that considering the fact that leakers like Sabi were transparent with the process of their leaks and shared info whenever they got it. Not to mention the accepting nature of the community as a whole.
For all I know, everyone is still on the table to be the next character.
I'm hoping for that conclusion, in all honesty.

M@R!3

Smash Ace
Somebody brought this up on gamefaqs, and I wanted to see some other opinions. This is a screenshot from Remind, if you look in the upper left corner you can see Sora using Magic Flash. Is it just me or is the AoE on that significantly larger? The blue orb is certainly new.

https://gamefaqs1.cbsistatic.com/user_image/1/2/1/AANPQ9AAAC9Z.jpg

Somebody mentioned that it's possible these effects just aren't visible during gameplay due to the camera's proximity to Sora. What do you all think?

TriggerX

Smash Ace
You know Sora is probably one of the very few characters whose narrative could actually work in smash and make sense to the rest of his own series’ story.
That being said, I hope Remind works in some kind of cameo from Nintendo or even drops a hint of Sora traveling to “smash world”.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
You know Sora is probably one of the very few characters whose narrative could actually work in smash and make sense to the rest of his own series’ story.
That being said, I hope Remind works in some kind of cameo from Nintendo or even drops a hint of Sora traveling to “smash world”.
He's met cloud before, and some series in smash do canonically exist somewhere in the KH universe.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Almost a month away from the KH3 DLC and less than 3 months away from VII Remake… Early 2020 is a great time to be a Nomura fan

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
is that just them shooting the messenger? im not sure it will effect speculation that much, after years of extreme grasping at straws itd be daft for them to give up on anything they say

He's met cloud before, and some series in smash do canonically exist somewhere in the KH universe.
no cause smash isnt cannon in any of the series

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
Feels a bit "too little too late" to me. She goes from whacking a few (& I do mean few) shadows to wailing on the final boss of the whole saga, it's a bit of an extreme leap. Kairi should've been made playable a long time ago & have had proper journeys of her own.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Feels a bit "too little too late" to me. She goes from whacking a few (& I do mean few) shadows to wailing on the final boss of the whole saga, it's a bit of an extreme leap. Kairi should've been made playable a long time ago & have had proper journeys of her own.
she can still have them

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
Here's another insightful argument in Sora's favor.
This is less of an insightful argument, and more like common sense. It's kinda like how people arguing against Sora, claim that Sora without Disney representation wouldn't be right, despite the fact that any Kingdom Hearts original content is just Disney representation to begin with.

Fitmanonice

Banned via Warnings
I hope Sora opens the door for other Disney characters to join Smash. Can't wait to brawl it out with Mickey and Donald against Mario! Sora is a Disney character, so he isn't a video-game character, which means if he gets in we can just as much get other Disney characters like Goofy!

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
I hope Sora opens the door for other Disney characters to join Smash. Can't wait to brawl it out with Mickey and Donald against Mario! Sora is a Disney character, so he isn't a video-game character, which means if he gets in we can just as much get other Disney characters like Goofy!
Sorry, but you ain’t getting food from me.

Top Bottom