• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sora Unlocks the Door! The Sora Social Thread

Sora's chances of getting in?

• Total voters

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Yes. I see your opinion is different than mine.

I also know there are people that want the paper clip from Microsoft word document. So I neither see your point, nor why you responded to the clarification of my opinion.
The fact that you are comparing Hilda, Dry Bowser, Jeanne, and Roxas to a “character” that never even originated from a video game nor is barely even a character at all is probably the single biggest stretch of logic and flimsiest straw man I’ve ever seen, even by internet standards. That was such a huge stretch even Dhalism and Lanky Kong can’t comprehend it.

But hey, if you can’t see why all four of those characters could be very easily adapted to their base character’s movesets and are highly wanted, perhaps that just means you haven’t played any of their games in depth and don’t actually know anything about those characters. I can’t help you there, all I can do is suggest you either play those games or watch some Let’s Plays and try to learn something about those characters and why they are so popular. Just because YOU have no personal attachments to those characters doesn’t mean that OTHERS don’t.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
The fact that you are comparing Hilda, Dry Bowser, Jeanne, and Roxas to a “character” that never even originated from a video game nor is barely even a character at all is probably the single biggest stretch of logic and flimsiest straw man I’ve ever seen, even by internet standards. That was such a huge stretch even Dhalism and Lanky Kong can’t comprehend it.

But hey, if you can’t see why all four of those characters could be very easily adapted to their base character’s movesets and are highly wanted, perhaps that just means you haven’t played any of their games in depth and don’t actually know anything about those characters. I can’t help you there, all I can do is suggest you either play those games or watch some Let’s Plays and try to learn something about those characters and why they are so popular. Just because YOU have no personal attachments to those characters doesn’t mean that OTHERS don’t.
I find it insulting that you think my self stated opinion that they are ridiculous character choices is an overwhelming statement. If you cannot comprehend that others have opinions different than your own, but have the pop cultural knowledge to link Dhalism and Lanky Kong, then please, spend some more time practicing the art of acceptance.

Yes, I think they are ridiculous characters. You cannot force my opinion to change by trolling me online.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I find it insulting that you think my self stated opinion that they are ridiculous character choices is an overwhelming statement. If you cannot comprehend that others have opinions different than your own, but have the pop cultural knowledge to link Dhalism and Lanky Kong, then please, spend some more time practicing the art of acceptance.

Yes, I think they are ridiculous characters. You cannot force my opinion to change by trolling me online.
I find it ridiculous that you think my self stated opinion that they are not ridiculous character choices is an overwhelming statement. Why do YOU have the right to insult those characters but I don't have the right to defend them? I'm allowed to state my opinion that your opinion is absurd and ridiculous as well. You cannot force my opinion to change on that either.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
I'm assuming fogbadge means something like Delfino Plaza, where there's a central platform that travels and stops over various areas changing the layout. Or just transforms outright like Castle Siege.
That's basically my idea for a Station of Awakening stage; a transformation stage with features from every single original KH world with cameos from the characters.

M@R!3

Smash Ace
That's basically my idea for a Station of Awakening stage; a transformation stage with features from every single original KH world with cameos from the characters.
As much as I love the Station of Awakening I always felt it would be a bit lacking in terms of features and layout for a smash stage. The best I could come up with was having a Darkside show up and attack players, and Twilight Thorn come in and flip the stage.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I'm assuming fogbadge means something like Delfino Plaza, where there's a central platform that travels and stops over various areas changing the layout. Or just transforms outright like Castle Siege.
i meant like delfino plaza, skyworld, etc

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I lean more towards Hollow Bastion myself. I think it's more versatile in terms of what can be done with it location, layout, and music wise.
But then we'd have to get actual final fantasy 7 content since that where that gang lives.

M@R!3

Smash Ace
But then we'd have to get actual final fantasy 7 content since that where that gang lives.
By that logic Traverse Town would be in similar situation. What FF/TWEWY characters appear in a world should have little impact on whether or not that world can be a stage. Besides, that's out of Disney's hands anyway.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
As much as I love the Station of Awakening I always felt it would be a bit lacking in terms of features and layout for a smash stage. The best I could come up with was having a Darkside show up and attack players, and Twilight Thorn come in and flip the stage.
Well, not necessarily. Here was my idea for it:

Okay, here's my idea for a KH stage, fleshed out.

Station of Awakening: Shows projections of different parts of the original KH worlds that appear on a giant flat stage.

Destiny Islands: The bridge near the water; cameos by KH1 Riku and Kairi.

Traverse Town: The tower in the 4th district, before the coliseum. A Meow Wow balloon appears on one side of the stage every now and then.

Hollow Bastion: The moving platforms near the last floor of the castle; cameos by Shadows, Soldiers and Large Bodies.

End of the World: A group of space rocks that float in different directions, and sometimes clash with each other; cameo by Ansem, Seeker of Darkness.

Radiant Garden: The gate to the castle, with two pillars on either side; cameos by BbS Kairi, Even, Dilan, Ienzo and Aeleus.

Castle Oblivion: A group of twisted platforms with doors that teleport the player to different sections; cameos by Marluxia, Larxene, Vexen, Zexion, Lexeaus, and Naminé.

Twilight Town: The Clock Tower with buildings on either side down below, above a tram; cameos by Axel, Roxas and Xion.

The World that Never Was: Buildings that occasionally move up and down; cameos by Saïx, Xigbar, Luxord, Demyx, Xaldin, and Xemnas.

Land of Departure: A central platform in the middle, with two floating platforms on either side held together by a breakable chain; cameos by Terra, Ventus, Aqua and Eraqus.

Keyblade Graveyard: A stony stage with ravaged Keyblades that pop up from a random area of the screen (31%, medium knockback); cameos by Vanitas and Master Xehanort.

Scala ad Caelum: The top of the clock tower where the final battle of KH3 takes place; cameos by the Seekers of Darkness, who all cast a spell that rains down lasers on random reticles on the stage (30%, medium knockback)

The order of the projections is random, but Scala is usually the 4th or 5th one.

After every 3rd projection, a Darkside appears as a stage boss.

M@R!3

Smash Ace
well you could get the music on any stage
This is true. I just feel it's the best fit for the tone of most of the music. Not that the tone of a world has ever stopped KH from using it's darker boss themes.

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
If this is true, well…at least our boy got anywhere near Smash.

EDIT: Scratch that, this is apparently a sh*tpost.
It was obviously a fake photoshop sh*tpost, anyone could've told you that! I get that they were being funny, c'mon man Spirits at this point, scare people almost just as much as Assist trophies. It was already disheartening seeing Resident Evil get this treatment. Imagine if Kingdom Hearts got the Spirit treatment, but, with no playable Sora. I would actually cry and not cry like a happy cry neither. Two of my favorite franchises go into the spirit graveyard I don't know if I can handle that honestly.

Again, this is just hypothetically speaking, I know this wasn't real.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
ElizaZeArtist made an awesome Spirit Board for if Sora got into Smash! Check it out!

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
ElizaZeArtist made an awesome Spirit Board for if Sora got into Smash! Check it out!

My only problem with this is the amount of legend class spirits.

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace

It’s a nice spirit board, but I think that’s a bit one too many legend status characters for DLC spirits. I can Riku and Aqua being Advanced spirits more so.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
My only problem with this is the amount of legend class spirits.
It’s a nice spirit board, but I think that’s a bit one too many legend status characters for DLC spirits. I can Riku and Aqua being Advanced spirits more so.
Voice your complaints to the artist on Twitter (if you haven't already). Nothing I can do about it.

Last edited:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
As Sora supporters, people LOVE to scream "DISNEY! YOU LOSE!" back at us to shut him down. HMK already did a great video about why Sora isn't as unlikely as one would think, but here I've compiled a big list

Reasons why Disney isn't that big a problem
--They've loaned out Marvel to Fortnite twice, and as of recently, now Star Wars too
--They loaned out Wreck-it Ralph the character to appear in Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing
--Bowser himself was in WIR, only reason Mario wasn't was because the writers felt he was too big of a star to demote to just a cameo and they couldn't think of anything for him to do without distracting from the story
--Disney and Nintendo teamed up to release a Mickey Mouse branded Nintendo Switch for Japan, joycons and all
--Kingdom Hearts 'in-between games' have always been on Nintendo handhelds with the exception of BBS and the mobile game
--The special edition 3DS and GBA SP systems made in honor of Kingdom Hearts
--Smash Brawl namedropped Mickey Mouse in the Chronicles section regarding Game & Watch games. A small thing to be sure, but of all the licensed games to reference they picked the Disney ones
--Nomura and Sakurai are buddies, Disney always goes to Nomura first when it comes to Sora and there's little doubt he'd say no to it if presented the oppertunity
--They outright admitted that they know people want Sora to join Smash, it's a matter of Nintendo going to them first

Reasons Disney might be a problem
--Nintendo might not want to go through the trouble/haven't considered him
--Disney might not want the 'core' Disney characters like Donald and Goofy in a fighting game
--Mickey symbol on the Keyblade

The pros VASTLY outweigh the cons here

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
At this point it's gonna be either Sora or someone equally big / a curveball. Less than 2 weeks left to figure out I guess...

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
Reasons Disney might be a problem
--Nintendo might not want to go through the trouble/haven't considered him
--Disney might not want the 'core' Disney characters like Donald and Goofy in a fighting game
--Mickey symbol on the Keyblade
The only real problem in that list is the first one. The other two are completely inconsequential.

zabimaru1000

Smash Journeyman
So out of curiosity, which fighters do you guys think Sora would get along with the most?
Cloud because that's the only person in the entire roster that he's met before

On a side note: if a Subspace 2 happens, i would like to see a 3-man team up with :ultlink: :ultrobin:

This calls back to Donald and Goofy being a pure magic user and a pure defender.

Last edited:

Catguy1994

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-1274-8556-4800
So if Roxas was an echo of Sora, how would he be different from Sora in terms of play style? Regardless of the game, the strategy of KH is mostly the same. Reacting to the enemy's patterns and attacking when they're open to damage. I initially pegged Roxas as a more aggressive version of Sora as a straightforward pressure character while Sora would have a more bait and punish play style.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
So if Roxas was an echo of Sora, how would he be different from Sora in terms of play style? Regardless of the game, the strategy of KH is mostly the same. Reacting to the enemy's patterns and attacking when they're open to damage. I initially pegged Roxas as a more aggressive version of Sora as a straightforward pressure character while Sora would have a more bait and punish play style.
Perhaps Roxas would have a tipper instead of Sora? He's known for weilding the Oathkeeper and Oblivion, and both keys have very sharp points, compared to the Kingdom Key which is blunt

M@R!3

Smash Ace
Only thing I can come up with is worse magic as a trade off for better physical attacks based on how magic works in Days. Roxas being an echo is quite limiting since beyond his most basic options he differs from Sora greatly.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Something that was brought to my attention regarding Sora

Nomura said back in September he was working on a big mystery project that is related to Kingdom Hearts.

Or rather, a mystery *request*

Screenshot_20191202-190548_Reddit.jpg

Wouldn't it be like Sakurai to ask for Nomura's guidance in overseeing Sora's development?

Now of course, that could mean ANYTHING, it doesn't automatically mean Smash. But the language used here intrigues me

It was a request for something Kingdom Hearts related, something he clearly isn't directly overseeing, something that's actually pulling him away from KHUX, and clearly it's something on the shorter side of development if he can go do this and then hop back into developing UX

So what could it be?

In a hypothetical Smash scenario, I'm sure developers of guest fighters are more than willing to let Sakurai do his thing, but given how he and Nomura are good friends, I can imagine Sakurai would ask Nomura to come oversee Sora's implementation into Smash

Again, this mystery thing could be anything... but it could also mean this thing

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

Nomura said back in September he was working on a big mystery project that is related to Kingdom Hearts.

View attachment 249549

Wouldn't it be like Sakurai to ask for Nomura's guidance in overseeing Sora's development?

Now of course, that could mean ANYTHING, it doesn't automatically mean Smash. But the language used here intrigues me

It was a request for something Kingdom Hearts related, something he clearly isn't directly overseeing, something that's actually pulling him away from KHUX, and clearly it's something on the shorter side of development if he can go do this and then hop back into developing UX

So what could it be?

In a hypothetical Smash scenario, I'm sure developers of guest fighters are more than willing to let Sakurai do his thing, but given how he and Nomura are good friends, I can imagine Sakurai would ask Nomura to come oversee Sora's implementation into Smash

Again, this mystery thing could be anything... but it could also mean this thing
Me think your overthinking things.

M@R!3

Smash Ace

So what could it be?

I remember seeing this and thinking it could be Smash related since not else much fits the bill for a KH related project that Nomura wouldn't be running himself. We won't know till this third line reveals itself. For now I'll just add it to long list of coincidences and circumstantial evidence.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
I remember seeing this and thinking it could be Smash related since not else much fits the bill for a KH related project that Nomura wouldn't be running himself. We won't know till this third line reveals itself. For now I'll just add it to long list of coincidences and circumstantial evidence.
Indeed, I concede this is purely circumstantial evidence. But its something to think about at least

Or maybe we'll finally get a damn KH anime

Top Bottom