• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sora Unlocks the Door! The Sora Social Thread

Sora's chances of getting in?

• Total voters

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
well the point of an echo is to pad the roster by putting them over a character with a similar body type, i mean im sure daisy didnt have a huge fan base, and characters that play identical to them in the same games

as for the ones you listed dry bowser is bowser so that makes sense, hilda is a counter part to zelda so that also makes sense, though shed have to lose the staff and roxas comes from sora and plays indentical to sora in kh2 and days so it makes sense
Yes, and padding the roster is wonderful. I love additions like Daisy and Dark Samus, echoes who expand the roster with characters who were incredibly popular on their own legacy, that are determined to be able to fit to another character.

I ask myself, "Is Hilda a wanted character, or is Hilda just an answer to 'Who COULD BE Zelda's Echo?"
I don't want an echo forced in to get another version of a character that exists.
I want a character that can finally get his/her chance BY becoming an echo.

Echoes I want are Sub Zero for Scorpion, and Jill Valentine for Leon Kennedy.
Any of these four characters could get in on their own.
Or in other cases- Dixie Kong for Diddy and Impa of Sheik.
These are characters who have fought for a spot for a long time, and may be able to get in as an echo.

M@R!3

Smash Ace
So I'm kinda curious what sort of KH content you all enjoy, if any, beyond playing the games directly. I'm partial to challenge runs of boss fights. Watching someone who knows the ins and outs of a boss absolutely destroy a fight is hypnotic in any game, but I find it especially so in KH. I also listen to the soundtrack quite often.

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
So I'm kinda curious what sort of KH content you all enjoy, if any, beyond playing the games directly. I'm partial to challenge runs of boss fights. Watching someone who knows the ins and outs of a boss absolutely destroy a fight is hypnotic in any game, but I find it especially so in KH. I also listen to the soundtrack quite often.
I normally just like to listen to the OSTs or watch your occasional fanimations from time to time. Sometimes I'll watch a video making fun of the plot, or some sick compilation video. I'll even re-watch the secret endings to admire what the devs brought to the table since the PS2 days.

M@R!3

Smash Ace
I normally just like to listen to the OSTs or watch your occasional fanimations from time to time. Sometimes I'll watch a video making fun of the plot, or some sick compilation video. I'll even re-watch the secret endings to admire what the devs brought to the table since the PS2 days.
I haven't gone back to a secret movie in while, but I used to watch the birth by sleep movie over and over back in the PS2 days just for Fate of the Unknown. In terms of comedy, I like Stickman Sham's channel since there's still a large focus on gameplay.

AncientArk

Smash Apprentice

I am very fond of the OSTs, its brilliant!
I really like the Project Destati albums, they are so good!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oa0yMbqtyRQ

^ I think this was actually used in the VR game that released recently.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Okay, here's my idea for a KH stage, fleshed out.

Station of Awakening: Shows projections of different parts of the original KH worlds that appear on a giant flat stage.

Destiny Islands: The bridge near the water; cameos by KH1 Riku and Kairi.

Traverse Town: The tower in the 4th district, before the coliseum. A Meow Wow balloon appears on one side of the stage every now and then.

Hollow Bastion: The moving platforms near the last floor of the castle; cameos by Shadows, Soldiers and Large Bodies.

End of the World: A group of space rocks that float in different directions, and sometimes clash with each other; cameo by Ansem, Seeker of Darkness.

Radiant Garden: The gate to the castle, with two pillars on either side; cameos by BbS Kairi, Even, Dilan, Ienzo and Aeleus.

Castle Oblivion: A group of twisted platforms with doors that teleport the player to different sections; cameos by Marluxia, Larxene, Vexen, Zexion, Lexeaus, and Naminé.

Twilight Town: The Clock Tower with buildings on either side down below, above a tram; cameos by Axel, Roxas and Xion.

The World that Never Was: Buildings that occasionally move up and down; cameos by Saïx, Xigbar, Luxord, Demyx, Xaldin, and Xemnas.

Land of Departure: A central platform in the middle, with two floating platforms on either side held together by a breakable chain; cameos by Terra, Ventus, Aqua and Eraqus.

Keyblade Graveyard: A stony stage with ravaged Keyblades that pop up from a random area of the screen (31%, medium knockback); cameos by Vanitas and Master Xehanort.

Scala ad Caelum: The top of the clock tower where the final battle of KH3 takes place; cameos by the Seekers of Darkness, who all cast a spell that rains down lasers on random reticles on the stage (30%, medium knockback)

The order of the projections is random, but Scala is usually the 4th or 5th one.

After every 3rd projection, a Darkside appears as a stage boss.

UserKev

Smash Champion
I actually don't mind Sora in Smash if:

He gets in without Disney content.

No Mickey KH series representation logo.

No opening of non originated Video game Disney characters in Sora's DLC reveal trailer.

No complaints for me.

Marvel-Otaku-Man

Smash Apprentice

I've actually really gotten into the KH manga. I didn't like it much as a kid 'cause there's way last action and combat than there is in the games. Also, IMO they made Sora into kind of a generic dumb shonen hero. In recent years though, I've grown to enjoy it as a more comedic take on the series. Also the 365 Days adaptation is legit good. Its become my go to for experiencing that story. And recently I've been following the monthly (I think) updates for the KH III manga.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
I've made a more in-depth moveset for Sora, loosely based on HMK's video.

Who?: Sora is the main protagonist of the Kingdom Hearts series. After his world was initially destroyed by the Heartless, Sora travels with two new friends in search of his old ones, Riku and Kairi. His journeys take him and his friends to Ansem, Seeker of Darkness-the leader of the Heartless-and after a year of unknown sleep following the Ansem's defeat, into a battle with the Organization XIII, a mysterious group of by Xemnas. And from there, Sora's journeys lead to complications.

Sora is a kind yet naïve boy who won't hesitate to protect his friends or anyone else he can be on good terms with. Sora is also a somewhat reckless boy, having gotten himself into dangerous situations countless times.

Importance to Nintendo: Like Cloud, Sora isn't massively prevalent on Nintendo consoles; the only games on Nintendo consoles he's appeared in are Chain of Memories for the GBA, 358/2 Days and Re:Coded for the DS, and Dream Drop Distance for the 3DS.

Intro: Sora appeared from a save point and gets into his fighting stance.

Stance/Idle 1: Sora holds his Keyblade near his right hip and looks around.

Idle 2: Sora rests his Keyblade on his right shoulder for a few seconds.

Idle 3: Sora bares his teeth in the direction he's facing.

Notable Palette Swaps: KH3 outfit, KH2 outfit, KH3 Guardian Form, KH2 Valor Form, KH3 Element Form, KH2 Final Form, KH3 Second Form, KH2 Limit Form

Walk: His walk from the games.

Dash: His run from the games.

Damage: His damage animation from the games.

Jump: High Jump and Doubleflight.

Crouch: Crouches with his Keyblade's end on the ground, holding it.

Weapon of Choice: The Kingdom Key, the Keyblade Sora starts his journey with.

A,A,A: Slapshot; Sora slashes twice, then follows up with an uppercut (14%, OK knockback)
Forward+A: Speed Slash; Sora slashes twice (8% each hit, small knockback), and then does a quick dual slash (13%, OK knockback)
Down+A: Sliding Dash; Sora performs a slide across the ground, slightly faster than that of Cloud (12%, OK knockback)
Up+A: Upper Slash; Sora swings his Keyblade upwards with both hands (10%, OK knockback)

Air+A: Magnet Burst; Sora briefly surrounds himself with an array of magnetic orbs (13%, OK knockback). Pressing A again, if necessary, sends these orbs flying out (19%, medium knockback)
Air Forward+A: Aerial Finish; Sora slashes forward three times (12%, small knockback), and then finishes with a strong slash (10%, OK knockback)
Air Back + A: Aerial Sweep; Sora slashes behind himself three times (11%, OK knockback)
Air Up+A: Hurricane Blast; Sora vertically swings around four times with his Keyblade (14%, OK knockback)
Air Down+A: Diving Strike; Sora dives down and strikes the ground with his Keyblade (15%, OK knockback)

Dash Attack: Prism Windmill; Sora spins Keyblade in front of him, protected by a shield of light (15%, OK knockback)
Edge Attack: Magic Flash; Sora lifts himself up and uses a flash of light that affects the area around him (11%, OK knockback)

Smash Moves
Forward+A: Strike Raid; Sora throws his Keyblade forward as it spins (15%, OK knockback). Pressing A again performs two more throws, and then the last throw is slightly stronger (18%, medium knockback)
Up+A: Ripple Drive; Sora swings upwards and summons a barrier of light with rectangular patterns (21%, medium knockback)
Down+A: Explosion; three orbs of light surround Sora as he thrusts his Keyblade down to the ground (22%, medium knockback)

Grab: Sora grabs the opponent with his open hand.
Pummel: Sora slaps his opponent with the handle of his Keyblade (8%)
Forwards+Throw: Quick Blitz; Sora thrusts his Keyblade on the ground in a downward arc (14%, OK knockback)
Down+Throw: Fail-Safe; Sora spins once before tossing the opponent on the ground (13%, OK knockback)
Back+Throw: Merge; Sora spins around backwards before hurling the opponent in that direction (11%, OK knockback)
Up+Throw: Lunge n' Launch; Sora pushes the opponent forward and slashes upwards (13%, OK knockback)

Special Moves

B : Magic Selection; Sora can select a magic spell from his list (consisting of Fire, Blizzard, Thunder, and Aero). Once a spell is selected, it will stay on that spell until another is selected, which can be done on the fly.
B + Forwards : Sonic Blade; Sora thrusts forward four times, with consecutive button presses, after charging up (7% each hit, small knockback) and then performs a final stronger thrust (18%, OK knockback)
B + Up : Airstep/Flowmotion; Sora travels in the pointed direction at the speed of light after releasing the button (holding it slows him down for six seconds). When he comes in contact with a wall, Flowmotion will activate.
B + Down : Ars Arcanum; Sora charges up and unleashes a flurry of ten slashes (19%, OK knockback), and then finishes off with three stronger slashes (24%, medium knockback)

Magic Spells
>Fire: Sora shoots out a small fireball (9%, small knockback)
>Blizzard: Sora surrounds himself in an icy wind (11%, OK knockback) that has a chance of freezing the opponent. Sora can tilt forward after pressing B to create an icy rail, which he can then jump on for a Rail Slide.
>Thunder: Sora summons a spark from his Keyblade that surrounds a fair amount of his surroundings (15%, OK knockback)
>Aero: Sora shoots a wind arc from his Keyblade that turns into a mini-tornado (17%, OK knockback)

Final Smash: Ultimate Union Ragnarok; Sora attempts to unleash Ultimate Form (Final Form in his KH2 outfit), and catches any opponents he successfully hits (8%). The trapped opponents are taken into a cutscene as Sora slashes them with hundreds of swords (32%), and finishes off with Union Ragnarok, with the Lux symbol showing as he fires it (16%) (56% total, far knockback).

Gimmick: Situation Commands; after pulling off successful combos, three arrows appear by Sora's HUD, one by one. Once a combo is successful with all three arrows, a command appears above Sora's icon, and pressing B will activate one of five attacks, four of which are Grand Magic.

>Firaza: If the combo is kept up by constant Fire spells, Sora summons a giant fireball that can travel offscreen when it doesn't hit any opponents (24%, medium knockback)
>Blizzaza: If the combo is kept up by constant Blizzard spells, Sora fires a giant ice projectile that freezes the first opponent it hits, and sends all others flying (26%, medium knockback)
>Thundaza: If the combo is kept up by constant Thunder spells, a pillar of electricity appears and combos any opponents above Sora (26%, medium knockback)
>Aeroza: If the combo is kept up by Aero spells, Sora summons two tornadoes that circle him, sending opponents flying (28%, far knockback)
>Stun Impact: If the combo is kept up by melee attacks and no magic, Sora will briefly explode in a dome of light with a small electric effect, stunning anyone on the ground (23%, medium knockback)

Flowmotion: Sora's answer to acrobatic platforming. Activated when he comes in contact with a wall after Airstep, Sora can use two types of Flowmotion attacks:

>Shock Dive: An AOE slam attack Sora uses when he uses Superjump (19%, medium knockback)
>Kick Dive: Sora attacks immediately after shooting off a wall, pointing his feet at the enemy as the Keyblade spins around him.

Flowmotion's startup is indicated by a blue aura, while its fizzling out in a second is indicated by a pink aura. When Sora is using Superjump to recover, he will be left in free fall once Flowmotion goes away.

Taunts:

1: Sora wipes his nose and smiles.
2: "Yeah!" Sora raises his Keyblade high in the air.
1+2: Sora performs Break Time, where he spins around for a bit and says "ta-da!" as he puts his right hand on his hip and puts up his left hand.

Winposes:

1: "That's the power of the Keyblade!" Sora's victory animation from KH1, whenever he wins a tournament in Olympus Coliseum.
2: Sora spins his Keyblade and sticks it firmly in the ground, smiling (based on one of his renders based on KH1 artwork of him).
3: Sora opens a treasure chest as he does in the games, and a Meow Wow comes out to cuddle-tackle him.

Icon: The heart in KH series logo.

Boxing Ring Title: The Key from the Sky

Victory Music: A variation of Hikari (orchestra)

Kirby Hat: Sora's hair and necklace.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
How would you feel if somehow we ended up getting "The world ends with you" content alongside Sora in smash since Sora and Neku are friends?

Paraster

Smash Lord
How would you feel if somehow we ended up getting "The world ends with you" content alongside Sora in smash since Sora and Neku are friends?
If I'm being honest, I'd prefer Neku over Sora. That said, I would still be ecstatic if we got Sora for a fighter alongside Twister (Kingdom Mix) and a Neku costume.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
its a cool thought, but i think itd be more likely wed get twewy stuff with another SE owned series

I'd prefer Neku getting in over Sora but yeah sqenx shows no love to tweny so I don't see it getting anywhere near smash
geez it hasnt been that long since the switch port

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I don't really see it as impossible. Seeing as other third party series in Smash have stuff from series associated with them, like Getsu fuma, KOF, Final fight or the Namco arcade

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
So in case you missed todays big news

I know it's a meme that Smash fans love correlating non-Nintendo news with Smash Bros announcements, but I do think this is at the very least a good sign in Sora's favor. It shows that Square and Disney have a desire to push Kingdom Hearts further beyond than being known as a "Sony" series.

Everyone raised their eyebrows over KH3 getting ported to Xbox when the system had never seen a single KH game, while Nintendo's systems usually got every other game in the series with Sony being the company KH was associated with since it started life on PS2. But now the old games are starting to break into other systems, and I have no doubt Switch ports are on the horizon at some point

Compare to how Sony is trying to hoard Persona all to themselves while the Switch is getting the spin-off game rather than P5 proper.

I don't think Sora is Fighter 5, but I do think this is a good sign that maybe one day our boy will join the battle

Perkilator

Smash Legend

M@R!3

Smash Ace
So in case you missed todays big news

I know it's a meme that Smash fans love correlating non-Nintendo news with Smash Bros announcements, but I do think this is at the very least a good sign in Sora's favor. It shows that Square and Disney have a desire to push Kingdom Hearts further beyond than being known as a "Sony" series.

Everyone raised their eyebrows over KH3 getting ported to Xbox when the system had never seen a single KH game, while Nintendo's systems usually got every other game in the series with Sony being the company KH was associated with since it started life on PS2. But now the old games are starting to break into other systems, and I have no doubt Switch ports are on the horizon at some point

Compare to how Sony is trying to hoard Persona all to themselves while the Switch is getting the spin-off game rather than P5 proper.

I don't think Sora is Fighter 5, but I do think this is a good sign that maybe one day our boy will join the battle
Hey Square, do the boys on Xbox a favor and DON'T FORGET about KH1 and KH2's frame rate dependent mechanics. It would be a shame to have to wait an entire year for a patch to make the games function the way they were intended to.

Speak of the devil, KH3 got a patch today.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Welp, nothing is gonna stop me from believing they can port those to switch as well and have sora promote them and vice versa.

M@R!3

Smash Ace
Welp, nothing is gonna stop me from believing they can port those to switch as well and have sora promote them and vice versa.
It's really weird that they haven't. Even if there are no plans to bring KH3 to Switch.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
All Smashboards users, the Game of the Year nominees have been revealed, and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is on there! (Plus a nominee for best fighting game.)

Everyone, PLEASE vote for Smash, we all know the countless hours of love and passion poured into the game. Sakurai and his team deserve these awards. Please, pass this around wherever you can and spread the word! Let's all show Sakurai how grateful we are for all him and his team have done for us!

Best Fighting Game:
https://twitter.com/thegameawards/status/1196848900977545217?s=19

Game of the Year:
https://twitter.com/thegameawards/status/1196838294392332289?s=19

(Of course, if you feel like another game should win these categories you do you, but for those who don't... please vote!)

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
All Smashboards users, the Game of the Year nominees have been revealed, and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is on there! (Plus a nominee for best fighting game.)

Everyone, PLEASE vote for Smash, we all know the countless hours of love and passion poured into the game. Sakurai and his team deserve these awards. Please, pass this around wherever you can and spread the word! Let's all show Sakurai how grateful we are for all him and his team have done for us!

Best Fighting Game:

Game of the Year:

(Of course, if you feel like another game should win these categories you do you, but for those who don't... please vote!)
You do know that Smash is also under the family game category as well, right?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

Best Fighting Game:

Game of the Year:

what the time frame for the "year"?

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
I'm just going to drop this video here:
I mean, it's pretty interesting, but it's not really relevant here. Maybe if there was a video that had shown the idiocy of claiming that the hidden Mickey on Sora's keyblade prevents from joining smash since Cloud and Terry both have costumes in Smash that originated in an animated product, then we'd have a conversation starter. But yeah...

M@R!3

Smash Ace
The timing of this post clearly indicates that the choice for FP5 is between KH and SMT.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I’m legitimately am growing suspicious of Sora being FP5.

There’s a lot of signs and things that genuinely point in his favor of him being next, the timing of the Game Awards and Kingdom Hearts 3’s heavy presence there makes it a perfect place to announce him at.

M@R!3

Smash Ace

There’s a lot of signs and things that genuinely point in his favor of him being next, the timing of the Game Awards and Kingdom Hearts 3’s heavy presence there makes it a perfect place to announce him at.
As much as I would like all this to point towards Sora being FP5, it's almost certainly just coincidence. If we get anything at the VGA it'll probably be a date for Remind. Square will need to get it out of the way before FFVIIR begins ramping up it's marketing campaign.

Double0Groove

Smash Ace

My heart is with you on this...
As much as I would like all this to point towards Sora being FP5, it's almost certainly just coincidence. If we get anything at the VGA it'll probably be a date for Remind. Square will need to get it out of the way before FFVIIR begins ramping up it's marketing campaign.
But my (re)mind agrees with you...

It's kinda hard for me too since I've been having this nagging feeling that Sora's chances of being FP5 is really high. This feeling is just based on my own little theory though, and the fact that there isn't a credible leak to water down my speculative drive is really getting my mind racing at the possibilities.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Remind will most likely release in Jaunary as every lately KH release of anything. I doubt they will do it in february and even less in march having FFVIIR there, even if it's just "DLC" for KH3. Imo

zabimaru1000

Smash Journeyman

While Joker was indeed revealed at TGA last year with Persona 5 in the nominations in one or more categories, i think this doesn't really mean it's almost certain. There are other game nominations with characters that can make it to smash:

Leon Kennedy/Jill Valentine (Resident Evil 2)
Akira Howard (Astral Chain)
Dante (DMC 5)
Tracer (Overwatch)

And that's not to say that games that weren't nominated doesn't necessarily mean that fighter's franchise won't be FP5. We could get Doomslayer or Geno for all we know. Nothing is certain and everything is still very up in the air.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
None of those echos are catastrophic drops in the slightest. They all make perfect sense and have fanbases of their own.
Yes. I see your opinion is different than mine.

I also know there are people that want the paper clip from Microsoft word document. So I neither see your point, nor why you responded to the clarification of my opinion.

Top Bottom