• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sora Unlocks the Door! The Sora Social Thread

Sora's chances of getting in?

• Total voters

zabimaru1000

Smash Journeyman
Did this thread suddenly blow up because of Harada? LOL

At the end of the day, the decision for the DLC was already made. i think sakurai definitely did not appreciate being tagged by that one dude as much as Harada did.

Sora does have a bad reputation among some people before the tagging incident, this probably might push it further unfortunately

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I'm just correcting you on your uneducated comment calm down
youre telling me to calm down? you? the one who got unnaturally upset when something was said against your precious daisy?

Sora, Arle, Crash, Doomguy, and Master Chief may face a reputation similar to that of Waluigi soon. I'm very sorry this happened, and take at least some responsibility.

(EDIT: Normally I don't post in here because I'm neutral on Sora. But today I want to help you guys out.)
how is that helping?

Last edited:

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
Harada's comment is pure Harada humor, people who know him already knows this, specially at events, he is always like this, lol. Besides, Sakurai complained only about him getting replies off-topic on his tweets. #Sora4Smash as long it's not being done off-topically as replies on his tweets, it's all good, simple as that.
I'll take your word for it, but what's this about Sakurai making a complaint?
Sorry about the Harada stuff, guys. I don’t think it’ll affect Sora’s chances but i’ve already seen some people painting all Sora/Crash/Arle fans as bad spammers when even those who replied to that tweet probably make a small minority. It’s another Waluigi type deal which is unfortunate.
Sora, Arle, Crash, Doomguy, and Master Chief may face a reputation similar to that of Waluigi soon. I'm very sorry this happened, and take at least some responsibility.

(EDIT: Normally I don't post in here because I'm neutral on Sora. But today I want to help you guys out.)
Thanks guys, really appreciate you going out of your way to show some support. I feel like if we learn from the other fanbases and take some form of accountability for that portion of our fanbase that went off the deep end, then I think we should be fine.
Plus, most people say Harada was just trolling anyway, so there's still hope that Sakurai won't be convinced to blacklist Sora from Smash.
Actually, it blew up cause Sora was trending for a while (At #12 in the US last time I checked). Harada's comment was just a nasty scare.

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Thanks guys, really appreciate you going out of your way to show some support. I feel like if we learn from the other fanbases and take some form of accountability for that portion of our fanbase that went off the deep end, then I think we should be fine.
Plus, most people say Harada was just trolling anyway, so there's still hope that Sakurai won't be convinced to blacklist Sora from Smash.
Harada is serious about being very annoyed by spammers. I'm pretty sure, however, he really is trolling in regards to telling Sakurai to ban these characters, because there's a myriad of reasons as to why that's unfeasible.

That's not my problem, though. My fear is that we've (or at least, Nick has) damaged the credibility of the characters by associating them with spammers. That's why I was warning of Sora facing a Waluigi-esque reputation soon, because now people will see Harada's tweet, go "goddamn it, Smash community's at it again" and hate on us and our characters. I would say this is unfounded, but this is exactly what happened to Waluigi's fanbase a year ago. So maybe I'm just cautious, or paranoid. I do have anxiety issues, so this might be that. But still.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
I can at least appreciate you saying something about it. I found some really negative stuff about my character and community that angered me. Thanks for saying this.
And now here are your words later that day:
Part of it was also #Sora4Smash since it was trending with a lot of people constantly tagging Sakurai as well. If I recall, I think the Sora handle was unfairly grouped into the Harada block spree but it is what it is.

It's a weird situation but don't take it too seriously. He's on the same level as Kamiya who blocked everyone asking for Bayonetta or Wonder-Red during Smash 4 days.
I guess it was a good thing I didn't join the SSE2 memes or latch onto the Sora4Smash hashtag.

We didn't get Harada'd and nobody seems to be targeting us as annoying. Our biggest strength has been really sharing the talents of other content creators/artists and I think it genuinely has had the most positive reception.

Big Ups to this community. Let's keep doing our thing and continue to remain respectful moving forward.

View attachment 242527
NintendoSoup has also covered this post. Thankfully, Geno isn't getting any negative press from this. We respectfully stayed out of SSE2 and Sora4Smash posting
I'm sorry, but what the hell is wrong with you?

What happened to your so-called "apologies" for going on tirades against Sora supporters? Here you are again demonizing Sora support for your own cause. What, not in the mood to pretend you learned from your past actions?

This is so immature coming from you that it's honestly baffling.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Out of the loop, can someone TLDR about this Harada guy?
Essentially, some random on Twitter tagged Harada and a bunch of other devs inside a meme thread and many people unconsciously replied to him not knowing that Harada was still mentioned, and thus resulted in the guy getting pissed off at the Twitter users and claiming he'd have any Smash DLC cancelled.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I'll take your word for it, but what's this about Sakurai making a complaint?
This
He specifically words it as staying on topic and not flood with off-topic replies his tweets. There is nothing wrong with making #sora4smash posts as long as it's not done in that way (off-topic replies to him), basically. Tbh, once again, only one guy or a very small minority did that regarding sora, literally 90% of the thousands of tweets this week weren't directed at him directly, it's just the internet likes to shine on what one or few idiots do and they attempt to frame us all for it, lol.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
And now here are your words later that day:

I'm sorry, but what the hell is wrong with you?

What happened to your so-called "apologies" for going on tirades against Sora supporters? Here you are again demonizing Sora support for your own cause. What, not in the mood to pretend you learned from your past actions?

This is so immature coming from you that it's honestly baffling.
I'm not saying what I said for self gain. I'm just saying what happened. We did not try to put Geno in with the SSE2 memes or try to derail the Sora4Smash tag. We just watched them both unfold.

Nothing I said was meant to be malicious. It's just the full story. I'm not trying to sling mud if that is what you are claiming I am doing.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
I'm not saying what I said for self gain. I'm just saying what happened. We did not try to put Geno in with the SSE2 memes or try to derail the Sora4Smash tag. We just watched them both unfold.

Nothing I said was meant to be malicious. It's just the full story. I'm not trying to sling mud if that is what you are claiming I am doing.
Yeah, because entering into the Arle thread just to say the Sora movement was involved (even though you should know well this was just one guy being an idiot at Twitter and everyone else not being conscious of it) and then acting all high and mighty about Geno not being involved doesn't sound malicious at all, specially not coming from the guy known for having trashed supporters in the past.

Sorry, but that doesn't sound like a good or justified excuse at all.

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
I’m all for it. Imagine if Sora got into Smash with his own stage with music from the Kingdom Hearts series. Both originals and new remixes, especially by Yoko Shimomura. As for Roxas, I guess it would make sense for him to be Sora’s Echo Fighter. After all, he IS his Nobody. They should use both his Twilight Town design, and his Organization XIII design. They should also get Yoko to do a Smash remix of Roxas’ Theme/The Other Promise. Although...getting Sora and Roxas in Smash would be difficult, because not only are they owned by Square Enix, but they’re also owned by Disney.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I’m all for it. Imagine if Sora got into Smash with his own stage with music from the Kingdom Hearts series. Both originals and new remixes, especially by Yoko Shimomura. As for Roxas, I guess it would make sense for him to be Sora’s Echo Fighter. After all, he IS his Nobody. They should use both his Twilight Town design, and his Organization XIII design. They should also get Yoko to do a Smash remix of Roxas’ Theme/The Other Promise. Although...getting Sora and Roxas in Smash would be difficult, because not only are they owned by Square Enix, but they’re also owned by Disney.
theyre not owned by square enix at all

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Yeah, because entering into the Arle thread just to say the Sora movement was involved (even though you should know well this was just one guy being an idiot at Twitter and everyone else not being conscious of it) and then acting all high and mighty about Geno not being involved doesn't sound malicious at all, specially not coming from the guy known for having trashed supporters in the past.

Sorry, but that doesn't sound like a good or justified excuse at all.
I am listed as a supporter for Arle. People in the thread were asking about block. I provided further context. Most of the attention the ForSmash characters were getting started with the fact there was Sora4Smash trending. Did I say you guys were harassing devs?

I'm pretty sure I also said:

I think the Sora handle was unfairly grouped into the Harada block spree but it is what it is.
If you are looking to find a reason to smear me, this ain't it chief.

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
This
He specifically words it as staying on topic and not flood with off-topic replies his tweets. There is nothing wrong with making #sora4smash posts as long as it's not done in that way (off-topic replies to him), basically. Tbh, once again, only one guy or a very small minority did that regarding sora, literally 90% of the thousands of tweets this week weren't directed at him directly, it's just the internet likes to shine on what one or few idiots do and they attempt to frame us all for it, lol.
Oooooh! I thought you meant that he made another complaint recently.

Well regardless, I think we're gonna need to take accountability for their actions if we want to move past the stigma. It's a good way to assure people that we're not trying to harass Sakurai.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
I am listed as a supporter for Arle. People in the thread were asking about block. I provided further context.
You call that context? You're claiming this all started because of a Twitter movement when it wasn't like that. It was a joke thread that devolved into an issue because of one guy.

Most of the attention the ForSmash characters were getting started with the fact there was Sora4Smash trending. Did I say you guys were harassing devs?
I never accussed you of calling anyone here a harasser, just that you made those posts just to demonize a Twitter campaign with little evidence to provide.

I'm pretty sure I also said:
And this is also you:
I guess it was a good thing I didn't join the SSE2 memes or latch onto the Sora4Smash hashtag.

We didn't get Harada'd and nobody seems to be targeting us as annoying.
If this is not a propaganda, then what should that be called?

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Every other comment with people siding with Harada has been calling the groups involved annoying. I don't believe any of the groups associated are. I am not going to be shamed for giving g a compliment to a community I am apart of.

That is all I am going to add. I am not going to keep this going any further. It is not productive at all.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Every other comment with people siding with Harada has been calling the groups involved annoying. I don't believe any of the groups associated are. I am not going to be shamed for giving g a compliment to a community I am apart of.

That is all I am going to add. I am not going to keep this going any further. It is not productive at all.
It really sucks that because of one guy or a stupid minority, entire fandoms get framed for behaving like such minority when it's definitely not really the case. This is true.

At the end of the day, the decision for the DLC was already made. i think sakurai definitely did not appreciate being tagged by that one dude as much as Harada did.

Sora does have a bad reputation among some people before the tagging incident, this probably might push it further unfortunately
It exploded because of HMK's video, which was a good one, explaining most if not all of what's needed to be said about Sora's chances and such. For example, I remember well the # spiking from 1k tweets to 8k tweets in less than 2 hours and it kept growing like that. Harada's comment became notorious by the time the # was already on around its 15k, lol.

Sora has as much bad reputation as banjo ridley krool and everyone else then, by that logic. Everyone that got their character so far did so because they were loud about it, for YEARS. How some minorities in such fandoms were loud in the wrong way (by tagging and spamming directly to devs) didn't stop such characters from getting in in the end, now did it?… This won't stop Sora, lol. You should have seen how Banjo and Ridley fandoms were for example, it was no different I will tell you right now. If you actually research the tweets and do some analytics (which i know might be an endless CHORE…) when #Sora4Smash exploded a few days ago, you will realize how small that annoying minority with the tagging deal going on was. Literally everyone else, like 90% of the 16k tweets was just people making their regular #Sora4Smash support tweets.

It's the same story all over again. No high demanded character's fandom has been pure nor saint , like with no stupid minorities ruining the fun, lol. Every single fandom is grey, never black and white. I just wish ppl (not you particularly, by the way) would stop trying to make an entire fandom look bad because of a minority, for once… but i guess that's too much to ask from the internet, specially from twitter lol.

Tbh i just want to move on from the topic… this is nothing new, after all. It stopped no one before either, if anything it just made them more noticed despite the minor bad side effect (the rest of us having to deal with it).

Last edited:

M@R!3

Smash Ace
What's done is done. Drawing attention to the demand for Sora in Smash was always going to bring some degree of negative response from other communities. Harada getting accidentally caught up in this was unfortunate, but we shouldn't let up on our support just because a few people messed up. Apologizing is unlikely to get us anywhere with the minority unreasonable enough to attack us over this. Just ignore attacks and keep pushing forward.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I dunno if anyone already came up with this idea but i think it would be pretty neat!

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
So there's (allegedly) a new KH game in the works! I'm not too jazzed about it since it just means that we're waiting a good 7 years at least before we see anything become of it, but it's at least something to talk about.

Um... Just to kill off this awkward silence, we now have 2 of the 3 criteria supposedly in the bag. Despite the backlash towards our community's surge in support, Disney should now know that KH fans are definitely okay with his inclusion to Smash bros., we know Nomura thinks highly of Smash bros., and Hashimoto is still down for his inclusion which is still a big deal! All we really need now is Nintendo dropping in a request and hopefully, Sora trending on twitter was the push we needed to get it done (if it hasn't happened already).

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
So there's (allegedly) a new KH game in the works! I'm not too jazzed about it since it just means that we're waiting a good 7 years at least before we see anything become of it, but it's at least something to talk about.

Um... Just to kill off this awkward silence, we now have 2 of the 3 criteria supposedly in the bag. Despite the backlash towards our community's surge in support, Disney should now know that KH fans are definitely okay with his inclusion to Smash bros., we know Nomura thinks highly of Smash bros., and Hashimoto is still down for his inclusion which is still a big deal! All we really need now is Nintendo dropping in a request and hopefully, Sora trending on twitter was the push we needed to get it done (if it hasn't happened already).
Yeah i kinda want them to focus on 7R and get it fully out as soon as possible. Like sirius black would say… I DID MY WAITING! lol
I just hope this month is over and we get terry already and see what happens at this point. Good sign is no leaker or source has deconfirmed sora, just ryu and crash so far (and tracer but that honestly didnt even need deconfirming, it was stupid lol)

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
Yeah i kinda want them to focus on 7R and get it fully out as soon as possible. Like sirius black would say… I DID MY WAITING! lol
I just hope this month is over and we get terry already and see what happens at this point. Good sign is no leaker or source has deconfirmed sora, just ryu and crash so far (and tracer but that honestly didnt even need deconfirming, it was stupid lol)
No, I remember a certain leaker claiming he was "deconfirmed" a while ago. Back during "the seven" leak speculation, if I'm remembering things correctly. Although, I didn't believe it back then because the leaker's source was so sure that Sora wasn't in the game despite the fact that they couldn't even pin down which character of the seven was in.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
No, I remember a certain leaker claiming he was "deconfirmed" a while ago. Back during "the seven" leak speculation, if I'm remembering things correctly. Although, I didn't believe it back then because the leaker's source was so sure that Sora wasn't in the game despite the fact that they couldn't even pin down which character of the seven was in.
Verge I guess? either way it was just deconfirmed to be the one that was coming in hero's place, doesnt really mean he is deconfirmed to ever come as dlc anyway. Currently no actual huge legit source has deconfirmed him in the present, it's kinda why im hopeful atm

M@R!3

Smash Ace
That was Xenother iirc, but that was quite some time ago. I don't see how that could apply for the DLC beyond the pass since no one even knew it existed at the time.

As far as the next game is concerned, I don't think it'll take nearly as long given they're still using Unreal Engine 4. They'll be able to reuse assets much more easily. I just hope we stick with the command menu.

Last edited:

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman
I doubt we would get accurate leaks for Sora coming to smash anyway. Disney are pretty good at keeping leaks at bay (so is Nintendo). Sora wasn't deconfirmed as the square enix source was where the leak was coming from and Sora, as we all know, isn't owned by Square.

zabimaru1000

Smash Journeyman
it was the whole Square Enix leak debacle with Sora, Geno, Luminary (Hero), and Erdrick (Hero) as frontrunners. Sora was dismissed as "deconfirmed" because he was part of the leakbait list of Square related characters despite being Disney owned.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
it was the whole Square Enix leak debacle with Sora, Geno, Luminary (Hero), and Erdrick (Hero) as frontrunners. Sora was dismissed as "deconfirmed" because he was part of the leakbait list of Square related characters despite being Disney owned.
Yeah that was actually the easiest leakbait name to spot on for a SE rep now that i think about it… lol simply because of the ownership

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
Yeah, that would make alot more sense. Especially given the context that the leakers tend to jump to conclusions.

M@R!3

Smash Ace
So, here’s what Fatmanonice Fatmanonice has to say recently about what Fighter #5 could be and that we can be expecting some interesting things as to some other DLC characters.

I think it’s looking pretty good for some certain characters to eventually make it in Post this fighter pass!
I've been following the thread as well. Not really sure what to make of it at the moment.

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
I've been following the thread as well. Not really sure what to make of it at the moment.
I mean honestly, if there's one thing that the Geno thread is at least good for, it's to at the very least get some kind of "insider scoop" on some leaker sh*t. You would think they would just put that kind of stuff on the in general character discussion thread so that everybody can be kind of up to date, not just a single character thread where only fans of that character would know what's going on from the outside looking in. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

M@R!3

Smash Ace
I mean honestly, if there's one thing that the Geno thread is at least good for, it's to at the very least get some kind of "insider scoop" on some leaker sh*t. You would think they would just put that kind of stuff on the in general character discussion thread so that everybody can be kind of up to date, not just a single character thread where only fans of that character would know what's going on from the outside looking in. :rolleyes:
Anything of note usually makes it's way out, but yeah, if you want to be up to date that thread's a good place to be.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You would think they would just put that kind of stuff on the in general character discussion thread so that everybody can be kind of up to date, not just a single character thread where only fans of that character would know what's going on from the outside looking in. :rolleyes:
It's because Fatman is pretty much the big veteran Geno supporter of the community. I imagine it's where he feels most comfortable sharing that sort of stuff, as most of us in the Geno thread know his character very well.

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
I didn't think this would end up spreading to other forums aside from Smashboards, and even getting into people's discords. I think the reason as to what Fatman has said is spreading is because we haven't really had much Smash info in a while since Terry has been revealed and the confirmation of more characters. Like, it's been pretty dry out here in terms of news, that's really my only guess as to why this is kind of blowing up so big!

M@R!3

Smash Ace
I didn't think this would end up spreading to other forums aside from Smashboards, and even getting into people's discords. I think the reason as to what Fatman has said is spreading is because we haven't really had much Smash info in a while since Terry has been revealed and the confirmation of more characters. Like, it's been pretty dry out here in terms of news, that's really my only guess as to why this is kind of blowing up so big!
This isn't the first time it's happened so I'm not really surprised.

Top Bottom