• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sora Unlocks the Door! The Sora Social Thread

Sora's chances of getting in?

• Total voters

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
It seems that you think that death battle bios are just people making up random old attacks when it isn't. They gather up all their attacks etc. So my point still stands. As samurai takes their attacks from games he will have to pick from hundreds of different options. And it is sorely wrong to assume sakurai only focusses on how the character is portrayed. As for my other parts I still slightly disagree with castlevania. And it's very likely square would be involved in the negotiations even without nomura no matter what way you slice it.
right your point was that from what youve read on death battle sora would end up just like hero, so the issue there isnt with death battle but rather how you think sakurai would use sora, what you basically said was sora can do so many things hed have to be just like another character which just doesnt make any sense
i never said that sakurai would only focus on the character you were the only talking about how soras portrayal would need disney stuff which to me sounded like you were meaning about soras moveset rather than all kingdom hearts stuff
why dont you count castlevania? cause you said geno's cameo last time should give him an edge and then i pointed out all the new 3rd party characters who had no such thing, why doesnt that count for castlevania?
why would they need to talk to se to use a character they do not own?

M@R!3

Smash Ace
Now there's something that more people should be made aware of! I didn't even know that he was in those games! I'd say that this also proves that Disney is more willing to let Sora's character be used in other games, but this is still just a case of SE using him as opposed to another company. I'd like to know what the overall process was like just to have him included in those games.
I thought Sora's appearances in those games was common knowledge, or I would've mentioned that a while ago. One pretty big detail about all of these crossovers is that they were time limited. Anyone who missed those events has no way to get Sora in those games. I don't think this sets much precedence for Smash since mobile games using the "fear of missing out" strategy with timed exclusive content is basically a standard for the platform.

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
I think people are aware of what the games are and whatnot. I personally believe they dont count because they are final fantasy games. Smash would be crossing over with Kingdom Hearts not final fantasy or final fantasy brave exvius. If they were crossing over with the latter the lack of Disney would make sense and as Mr Sakurai likes to correctly portray characters they'd obviously lack Disney despite the fact that Final Fantasy Brave Exvius Sora is too specific of a character to ever be given the light of day
No, they definitely count. Whether they're Final Fantasy games or not doesn't matter because Sora's still a Disney character at the end of the day. SE can't add him in their games whenever they feel like it, take World of Final Fantasy as a prime example, where Disney only allowed SE to include him for a limited time as a free DLC summon. Which is worse treatment then Sega got when they were allowed to include Wreck-it Ralph in Sonic and Sega All-star racing as a full-blown character in the main game.

Sora and all KH original content are legally owned by Disney. With that being said, Sora doesn't need the animated Disney stuff to be portrayed correctly in the first place. It's like saying that Cloud needs his partners or his main villain in order to be portrayed correctly in Smash, it's just not an argument with any weight behind it.

I thought Sora's appearances in those games was common knowledge, or I would've mentioned that a while ago. One pretty big detail about all of these crossovers is that they were time limited. Anyone who missed those events has no way to get Sora in those games. I don't think this sets much precedence for Smash since mobile games using the "fear of missing out" strategy with timed exclusive content is basically a standard for the platform.
I haven't been following any news in relation to those games, so it definitely took me by surprise. Especially in a world where there are still people who use Dissidia as an example as to why Sora wouldn't be able to join Smash.

Last edited:

M@R!3

Smash Ace
I haven't been following any news in relation to those games, so it definitely took me by surprise. Especially in a world where there are still people who use Dissidia as an example as to why Sora wouldn't be able to join Smash.
I don't follow news on those games either. I found out about it when KHInsider posted an article about the announcement in the months leading up to KH3, and I saw it brought up in some other discussions around here.

The whole Dissidia thing is pretty dumb. Nomura made that call, not Disney. Though I will say if Nomura were to try and make that KH fighter now it would likely be given the same strict guidelines as MvCI concerning non KH Disney characters.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I don't follow news on those games either. I found out about it when KHInsider posted an article about the announcement in the months leading up to KH3, and I saw it brought up in some other discussions around here.

The whole Dissidia thing is pretty dumb. Nomura made that call, not Disney. Though I will say if Nomura were to try and make that KH fighter now it would likely be given the same strict guidelines as MvCI concerning non KH Disney characters.
the ironic thing is disney once tried to make their own fighting game with their characters

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
No, they definitely count. Whether they're Final Fantasy games or not doesn't matter because Sora's still a Disney character at the end of the day. SE can't add him in their games whenever they feel like it, take World of Final Fantasy as a prime example, where Disney only allowed SE to include him for a limited time as a free DLC summon. Which is worse treatment then Sega got when they were allowed to include Wreck-it Ralph in Sonic and Sega All-star racing as a full-blown character in the main game.

Sora and all KH original content are legally owned by Disney. With that being said, Sora doesn't need the animated Disney stuff to be portrayed correctly in the first place. It's like saying that Cloud needs his partners or his main villain in order to be portrayed correctly in Smash, it's just not an argument with any weight behind it.
This 200%. I also wasn't aware of his appearances in those two FF games, that's actually a very nice nice catch.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I dont mean to be petty...

I'd be in this group more, but the (never changed) name, every time, makes me cringe.

There are few characters with the offerings that SORA has, and quite frankly he hits just about every box.
But - the audacity to have Roxas listed in the title, makes me turn away, constantly.

Double0Groove

Smash Ace

I'd be in this group more, but the (never changed) name, every time, makes me cringe.

There are few characters with the offerings that SORA has, and quite frankly he hits just about every box.
But - the audacity to have Roxas listed in the title, makes me turn away, constantly.
Well, that's probably the fault of a lack of subject matter, but who knows. It's enough to know that you're still willing to show some support every once in a while despite your contempt for the group name.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

probably best not ask whats wrong with roxas

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
probably best not ask whats wrong with roxas
It's just like when people say Jeanne, or Dry Bowser, or Hilda.
Of course, I could be wrong.

But some characters suggested as echoes are absurd to me.
The point of an echo, in my understanding anyway, is to utilize the same character base to appease a HUGE fanbase of a character that on its own could have been the choice.

Theres just not a way I can reconcile how Jeanne or Dry Bowser or Hilda or Roxas arent such a catastrophic drop from their echo base that its a moot point.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
It's just like when people say Jeanne, or Dry Bowser, or Hilda.
Of course, I could be wrong.

But some characters suggested as echoes are absurd to me.
The point of an echo, in my understanding anyway, is to utilize the same character base to appease a HUGE fanbase of a character that on its own could have been the choice.

Theres just not a way I can reconcile how Jeanne or Dry Bowser or Hilda or Roxas arent such a catastrophic drop from their echo base that its a moot point.
well the point of an echo is to pad the roster by putting them over a character with a similar body type, i mean im sure daisy didnt have a huge fan base, and characters that play identical to them in the same games

as for the ones you listed dry bowser is bowser so that makes sense, hilda is a counter part to zelda so that also makes sense, though shed have to lose the staff and roxas comes from sora and plays indentical to sora in kh2 and days so it makes sense

AncientArk

Smash Apprentice
Using Roxas as an echo fighter is a grave mistake.
I'm sure if he were to make it into Smash, he'd be 100% unique.
Especially since he's going to be playable in the KH3 DLC this winter.
Also, I'm going to make an uneducated guess, I would assume most people would remember Roxas as a dual wielder before they remember him as
using just one keyblade. Especially given that his mandatory fight in KH2FM is one of the top 5 best and most difficult.

Double0Groove

Smash Ace

So HMK just made a new video describing how Sora still has a chance to join Smash bros. And while I personally think he could've delved deeper into some of his points or made a video like this earlier when Skywardwing made his video, I think this does a good enough job to get the point across. Most importantly, it's a really good discussion starter and we could potentially use this to demystify a lot of the misconceptions surrounding Sora's chances. This should be a good thing over all.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion

So HMK just made a new video describing how Sora still has a chance to join Smash bros. And while I personally think he could've delved deeper into some of his points or made a video like this earlier when Skywardwing made his video, I think this does a good enough job to get the point across. Most importantly, it's a really good discussion starter and we could potentially use this to demystify a lot of the misconceptions surrounding Sora's chances. This should be a good thing over all.
You beat me to it! yeah the video is pretty good, covers what needs to be said at least.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Any particular reason Sora4Smash is trending on Twitter right now?
Most likely because of HMK's new video ^^^^
Good reminder + a few things he didn't say the last time he made a video about the topic.

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
Any particular reason Sora4Smash is trending on Twitter right now?
Probably HMK's newest video (YES!). This is the kind of thing that I like to see though. It shows that we want Sora in Smash, and that message can probably get to Disney and Nintendo if he isn't already a chosen participant of Smash bros. However, I can't stress this enough, PLEASE BE RESPECTFUL WHEN SPEAKING ABOUT SORA IN SMASH! You guys are probably cool in your discussions but I'll see some needlessly foul behavior from time to time in a conversation about #Sora4smash and it needs to stop being a thing. It only gives off a bad perception of the community and it's just not productive for this kind of argument.

Now with all that being said I also found this thing on Twitter, and it's pretty awesome, not gonna lie:

StormC

Smash Hero
That's rad. Sora in Smash would be great so I'm hoping you guys get your day.

Could be a long wait though lol.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Ann Takamaki's (included in the Persona DLC) voice actress is a huge fan of Kingdom Hearts, and she has a great idea for how Sora's trailer could go.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
However, I can't stress this enough, PLEASE BE RESPECTFUL WHEN SPEAKING ABOUT SORA IN SMASH! You guys are probably cool in your discussions but I'll see some needlessly foul behavior from time to time in a conversation about #Sora4smash and it needs to stop being a thing. It only gives off a bad perception of the community and it's just not productive for this kind of argument.
I can at least appreciate you saying something about it. I found some really negative stuff about my character and community that angered me. Thanks for saying this.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Geno fan here to say I hope you get your guy. I think Sora's chances are massive right now, and some people are really sleeping on him, I think. I know not all of Geno's fans are so nice about Sora and see him as competition, but I personally don't. The DLC is the wild west right now, and Geno and Sora couldn't be any farther apart beyond their SE roots (with Sora being owned by Disney even then).

I honestly think there is a future where we can either get one (Sora) or both (Sora and Geno), hopefully the latter. Best of luck!

M@R!3

Smash Ace
Geno fan here to say I hope you get your guy. I think Sora's chances are massive right now, and some people are really sleeping on him, I think. I know not all of Geno's fans are so nice about Sora and see him as competition, but I personally don't. The DLC is the wild west right now, and Geno and Sora couldn't be any farther apart beyond their SE roots (with Sora being owned by Disney even then).

I honestly think there is a future where we can either get one (Sora) or both (Sora and Geno), hopefully the latter. Best of luck!
Every character has detractors. The best thing to do has always been to continue to show support, but I doubt anyone knows that better than a Geno fan.

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
Pretty amazing to see Sora4Smash trending on Twitter. Now the Doomguy For Smash Discord server is going to try the same thing on October 20th. I wonder if it'll be as successful.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Harada's comment is pure Harada humor, people who know him already knows this, specially at events, he is always like this, lol. Besides, Sakurai complained only about him getting replies off-topic on his tweets. #Sora4Smash as long it's not being done off-topically as replies on his tweets, it's all good, simple as that.

On another topic, HMK will be making a moveset video now! Can't wait to see what he comes up with it.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Sorry about the Harada stuff, guys. I don’t think it’ll affect Sora’s chances but i’ve already seen some people painting all Sora/Crash/Arle fans as bad spammers when even those who replied to that tweet probably make a small minority. It’s another Waluigi type deal which is unfortunate.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Sorry about the Harada stuff, guys. I don’t think it’ll affect Sora’s chances but i’ve already seen some people painting all Sora/Crash/Arle fans as bad spammers when even those who replied to that tweet probably make a small minority. It’s another Waluigi type deal which is unfortunate.
It doesn't affect at all, and basically people are not really spamming sakurai, that was long ago and it was for other characters. Big number of #s being tweeted is not spamming him in any way if he is not being tagged on such #s. Literally browsing on twitter since yesterday and i haven't found anyone tagging him, if there are it's a minority out of the thousands tweets there are at the moment. Ppl shouldn't take Harada seriously specially with his humor and disonnection with smash at all lol. Banjo, Ridley, Krool and other previous fandoms were pushing the same way and we got those characters in the end. It means nothing really lol

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Sora, Arle, Crash, Doomguy, and Master Chief may face a reputation similar to that of Waluigi soon. I'm very sorry this happened, and take at least some responsibility.

(EDIT: Normally I don't post in here because I'm neutral on Sora. But today I want to help you guys out.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom