• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sora Unlocks the Door! The Sora Social Thread

Sora's chances of getting in?

• Total voters

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
MVC3 came out after the marvel buyout in 09. Not having X-men or Fantastic Four was a conscious choice for MVCI. I agree with the sentiment. Sora isinmy top 5 most wanted. But don’t lie. Disney did have a strong role in the roster for MVCI. They consciously chose to exclude the X-Men. It was not for licensing reasons or anything like that, we have MVC 3 to prove it. It was so the focus was on characters prominent in the MCU. Outside of Nova and Venom (though even Venom might get incorporated into the MCU) the roster is a big ad for the MCU. I don’t like that fact either, but it is evidence.
Nooooo, No. The buy out may have happened before the release of MvC3, but the agreements would've been settled before-hand via contract to use those characters. The first trailer being revealed a year after the buyout helps support this, since developing games on that scale is time consuming. All in all, it makes complete sense as to why the X-Men were in MvC 3, but not MvC: I.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Doesn't every community debate this hard about anything regarding 3rd party stuff regardless of what company is in question though? I mean it's kinda in the nature of... well debating. You're trying to get a point across and get people to agree with you so you're obviously going to go hard when you're making your claim. Cause the harder it is to argue your claim the easier it is to make people agree with you that's what debating is.
i meant they were debating how hard the negotiations would be far harder than actual negotiations might go

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
That new KH3 DLC trailer was lit. I was really excited when my favorite soundtrack started playing in the trailer Oscurita Di Xehanort. If Sora does get into Smash that definitely should be one of the tracks they should add to Smash.

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
I don't really care for the option to play as the others unless it comes with multiplayer, but I AM in love with the added droplets of lore we're getting!

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Although it is looking more likely that Erdrick is getting in, I personally would not lose hope.

Should a 2nd Fighters pass happen, I definitely feel sure that Square Enix is going to demand more from Sakurai and Nintendo in order for their characters to stay in Smash Ultimate.

Naturally, I think Sora would the next choice for the second Fighters Pass. Since Kingdom Hearts 3 development is done, I would imagine that Disney and Nintendo are going negotiate for a long period of time, similar to how it took a decade for Nomura to convince Pixar to add Toy Story and Monsters Inc in Kingdom Hearts 3. Or more accurately, a year or two year long process of negotiating that might be akin to Microsoft collaborating with Nintendo closely to finally reach the dream that is Banjo. I imagine with Disney, it might take a long time for licensors to agree to his inclusion, even if Tetsuya Nomura were to agree easily.

I think Sora has a bright future, should another Fighters Pass happen. Sora might be the primary reason Sakurai might continue to make DLC to continue the dream picks hardly anyone would expect.

Last edited:

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
Although it is looking more likely that Erdrick is getting in, I personally would not lose hope.

Should a 2nd Fighters pass happen, I definitely feel sure that Square Enix is going to demand more from Sakurai and Nintendo in order for their characters to stay in Smash Ultimate.

Naturally, I think Sora would the next choice for the second Fighters Pass. Since Kingdom Hearts 3 development is done, I would imagine that Disney and Nintendo are going negotiate for a long period of time, similar to how it took a decade for Nomura to convince Pixar to add Toy Story and Monsters Inc in Kingdom Hearts 3. Or more accurately, a year or two year long process of negotiating that might be akin to Microsoft collaborating with Nintendo closely to finally reach the dream that is Banjo. I imagine with Disney, it might take a long time for licensors to agree to his inclusion, even if Tetsuya Nomura were to agree easily.

I think Sora has a bright future, should another Fighters Pass happen. Sora might be the primary reason Sakurai might continue to make DLC to continue the dream picks hardly anyone would expect.
I have a feeling if another fighter pass happens, it’ll be full of 1st party characters though. Seeing as how this fighter pass consists of only 3rd party characters.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I think Sora would be swell. And is my top Square character.
Followed by Lara Croft.
And finally, Slime. (Id accept another Dragon Quest here, the series is big).

No one else is on this list.

T∅XIC HYDRA

Smash Cadet
I think Sora would be swell. And is my top Square character.
Followed by Lara Croft.
And finally, Slime. (Id accept another Dragon Quest here, the series is big).

No one else is on this list.
Sora is actually Disney owned. I really want a Square rep AND Sora as the series first Disney rep but we'll see.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Sora is actually Disney owned. I really want a Square rep AND Sora as the series first Disney rep but we'll see.
I'm quite certain I've seen the opposite directly proved, that its Square Owned.
Not to mention, the general consensus online that Sora is a SE character.

Now, I understand people are sheep and the internet lies, I have not verified the information myself (which for me would still be googling, as I don't have Kingdom Hearts easily available to view the rights), but I am quite strongly in belief after ... way too many hours on this topic.

T∅XIC HYDRA

Smash Cadet
I'm quite certain I've seen the opposite directly proved, that its Square Owned.

Now, I understand people are sheep and the internet lies, I have not verified the information myself (which for me would still be googling, as I don't have Kingdom Hearts easily available to view the rights), but I am quite strongly in belief after ... way too many hours on this topic.
I used to think that. It was always my understanding that Disney owned Disney trademarks and Square owned KH original properties (non-Disney worlds, characters like Sora and Roxas and Kairi) but there's a few videos I've watched on the matter and interviews that I've read that say Disney is the owner of these properties as well. However, despite it not being jointly owned, Disney still respects Tetsuya Nomora and his devotion for the Kingdom Hearts brand, and as such will always notify, involve, and get approval from him before doing ANYTHING with the properties. Ever. That's the understanding I've gathered from multiple sources.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

yeah the copyright notices on each game say it belongs to disney

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman

Kingdom Hearts is 100% owned by Disney but Square has development rights over the games. But they do not actually own the IP that is still Disney and it's something that has been confirmed by the Vice President of Disney Japan. Also people from a gaming perspective see Sora as a Square character because he has never had a game that wasn't made by them.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It should also be noted that Disney has used KH stuff without even asking Nomura. Which they have a full right to. Mainly stuff like crossovers.

In fact, this is how Dissidia got born, because they refused to allow a KH fighting game as is. Also, they usually ask Nomura because they respect his input.

timbo8

Smash Cadet
it funny looking back at the fake smash ball it remind me of certain x in certain series now in this series the letter x is important then i remember a while back those dice that sakurai in the background now if i remember this person gimmick uses dice playing devil advocate here but could we be getting someone we didn't see coming

now im still going for erdick or banjo but let see what happens

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman
That KH3 DLC was pretty hype. I assume everyone else was happy too. Too bad we still haven't gotten a playable Kairi.
A user in the Banjo thread linked to a Twitter post stating that It makes me wonder if Sora would have to be negotiated more than Erdrick with this statement:

"Negotiations are always brought up to denounce characters, but Erdrick, and DQ as a whole, has it rough. Bird Studios, Armor Project, Square Enix, Akira Toriyama, and Koichi Sugiyama. That's FIVE whole parties needed to be in the discussions."

Lemme see how Sora goes.

There is Square Enix, Tetsuya Nomura, Yoko Shimumura, and Disney of Japan. Wait, that is literally it. Holy crap.

Two of those people are ones he collaborated with before in Smash, so Sora negotiations should be easier.

Just something I wanted to bring up.
THREE ACTUALLY. Yoko already makes some of the music tracks for Smash Bros, When Cloud was announced Nomura drew his poster for the game and Square, of course, gave the rights for Cloud. And Disney of Japan already said they would be interested in Sora getting in Smash.

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman
Well Im afraid to say that 'Hero' kind of spilled the end for Sora, his moveset is very close to how I'd imagine Sora playing with the mix of spells and combat, especially the attack select screen.
On another not so sad note, Hero looks awesome but more importantly

BANJO IS IN THE GAME, I'm literally so happy right now.

Super Flygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Master_Zach
3DS FC
1289-8257-7574
Switch FC
SW-5750-9817-6593
Sora doesn't look likely at all, which is unfortunate. Still hyped for what we have coming though. Maybe there will be a Sora Mii Costume when Hero launches! That's probably the best we can get for this game.

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
Anyone else disappointed with just how much DQ Hero seems to be taking from Link's kit for his own kit or is that just me? When the original trailer cut to gameplay I felt like I was watching a modded skin for link because all of his main basic attacks seem to just be ripped clean off of Link. His kit got more interesting when they started showing off magic but that was just something I noticed while watching the reveal for him. Which was pretty disappointing to me because I'm tired of 80% of sword characters in Smash just being straight up pseudo clones of the same three characters those being Marth, Ike, and Link in this case. I want to see characters have fully new unique kits all their own instead of just feeling like modded version of characters we already have.

SwitchButton

Banned via Administration
I don't see why generic anime sword: the slot would have any effect on this Disney owned gaming icon.

Sora is still very likely as far as I can tell

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman
I don't see why generic anime sword: the slot would have any effect on this Disney owned gaming icon.

Sora is still very likely as far as I can tell
because if Sora is added into the game he would play so similarly to Hero that it would be more of an echo fighter. And I dont believe 'generic anime swordsman' is entirely correct to say as he seems to have a huge moveset. with most of it being magic of some kind

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
Well I'm fairly serious, Hero's moveset is pretty dang close to what I was expecting from Sora, How would you differentiate them?
That's not how Sora swings the Keyblade. Sora can't turn into metal, or self-destruct, or use sleep magic, or self-buff.

Sora CAN transform his Keyblade into different weapons, cast limited magic spells, use Flowmotion to improve his mobility, glide, change into different drive forms, use Shotlocks, and swap between weapons on the fly.

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
That's not how Sora swings the Keyblade. Sora can't turn into metal, or self-destruct, or use sleep magic, or self-buff.

Sora CAN transform his Keyblade into different weapons, cast limited magic spells, use Flowmotion to improve his mobility, glide, change into different drive forms, use Shotlocks, and swap between weapons on the fly.
On top of that, he'd be more of an aerial fighter if nothing else. His style of gameplay should, for all intents and purposes, be fundamentally different from what we're seeing from Edrick.

Kingdom Hearts is 100% owned by Disney but Square has development rights over the games. But they do not actually own the IP that is still Disney and it's something that has been confirmed by the Vice President of Disney Japan. Also people from a gaming perspective see Sora as a Square character because he has never had a game that wasn't made by them.
This is not true. Kingdom Hearts V-cast was a game where SE had no involvement with it. The game flopped hard (and so did the V-cast) but it still exists as an official title which was released by another developer that wasn't Square Enix.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
after banjo & kazooie im a bit more hopeful for sora, dont know why, probably cause theyre both 3rd party characters i can get on board with

Ryder16

Smash Cadet
thinking about it we need sora and we have all the kings of the RPG world in the same game.

Last edited:

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
Sora actually can use sleep magic he learns it in KH DDD by getting it from the Tama Sheep mirage board. As for self buffing... uh? Have you played KH1 because that's literally what Aero magic was in that game it was a defense and evade extender self buff. everything else I agree with though.

Well I'm fairly serious, Hero's moveset is pretty dang close to what I was expecting from Sora, How would you differentiate them?
Sora would play pretty much nothing like DQ Hero, the magic that they use isn't even the same apart from like what? Fire? If you actually look at DQ Hero he looks like he borrows a **** ton from link for his basic sword combos pretty much every one of his attacks are Link's attacks. The only thing thats different about him compared to Link is his magic attacks that's about it. Sora's basic sword swings and magic attacks on the other hand would very likely look completely different from all the other characters in the game mainly due to the fact that we already know his sword combos do look completely different from the sword combos of Marth,Ike, and Link. And Sora has magic attacks that look nothing like anything we already have in the game, things like Reflect, stop magic, water magic, explosion, gravity magic, magnet magic, and even balloon magic. Along with his other more well know projectile elemental magic fire, thunder, and aero magic that would look/ function similarly to stuff other characters have.

All of that and I haven't even started talking about his air combo potential, Sora has very large aerial potential with what they could do for his aerial combos which in his own games are quite expansive and long and tend to end in fairly strong finishers. Which already be very different from pretty much every other character we currently have. Then there's Sora's more unique abilities like Sonic Blade, his glide ability, his drive forms, and his more recent ability of keyblade transformations. Which literally change how his keyblade looks and works. Which in and of themselves alone not even counting magic or his regular basic attack combos could be a kit in and of themselves.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
Sora actually can use sleep magic he learns it in KH DDD by getting it from the Tama Sheep mirage board. As for self buffing... uh? Have you played KH1 because that's literally what Aero magic was in that game it was a defense and evade extender self buff. everything else I agree with though.

Sora would play pretty much nothing like DQ Hero, the magic that they use isn't even the same apart from like what? Fire? If you actually look at DQ Hero he looks like he borrows a **** ton from link for his basic sword combos pretty much every one of his attacks are Link's attacks. The only thing thats different about him compared to Link is his magic attacks that's about it. Sora's basic sword swings and magic attacks on the other hand would very likely look completely different from all the other characters in the game mainly due to the fact that we already know his sword combos do look completely different from the sword combos of Marth,Ike, and Link. And Sora has magic attacks that look nothing like anything we already have in the game, things like Reflect, stop magic, water magic, explosion, gravity magic, magnet magic, and even balloon magic. Along with his other more well know projectile elemental magic fire, thunder, and aero magic that would look/ function similarly to stuff other characters have.

All of that and I haven't even started talking about his air combo potential, Sora has very large aerial potential with what they could do for his aerial combos which in his own games are quite expansive and long and tend to end in fairly strong finishers. Which already be very different from pretty much every other character we currently have. Then there's Sora's more unique abilities like Sonic Blade, his glide ability, his drive forms, and his more recent ability of keyblade transformations. Which literally change how his keyblade looks and works. Which in and of themselves alone not even counting magic or his regular basic attack combos could be a kit in and of themselves.
I forgot Sleep and Aero, it's been a while since I've played 1 or DDD.

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman

I understand all of that but if Nintendo and Sakurai (especially Sakurai) are looking for unique character potential the gameplay mechanics for Hero and Sora would be very similar. With the MP gauge and scroll menu. With half the moveset being sword and the other magic of some kind.

I think as much as i want Sora to be in smash a lot of potential was taken by Hero. But I dunno I'd still be ecstatic to see him and its not like i know what Sakurai and Nintendo are thinking.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
I understand all of that but if Nintendo and Sakurai (especially Sakurai) are looking for unique character potential the gameplay mechanics for Hero and Sora would be very similar. With the MP gauge and scroll menu. With half the moveset being sword and the other magic of some kind.

I think as much as i want Sora to be in smash a lot of potential was taken by Hero. But I dunno I'd still be ecstatic to see him and its not like i know what Sakurai and Nintendo are thinking.
There are literally dozens of other gimmicks you could give Sora and you think they'd copy-paste the MP system? Yeah, magic is useful in KH, but it's only a small part of how combo'ing works there.

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman

with the scroll menu logic Cloud should have had one too since FF also has the same type of magic menu but he didn't so there's nothing saying Sora absolutely NEEDS to have that mechanic to be in the game, and as for an MP gauge they could just give him his KH2/KH3 MP gauge bar and call it a day at the end of the day it's just a limit meter anyway. Also if they can give a similar mechanic to another character other Cloud and Little Mac they can give it to another one and be just fine. Lastly like I stated before Sora's sword combos look and feel completely different to any other sword character's sword combos. He swings completely differently, moves differently and behaves differently in his attacks compared to other sword characters in the game. You can literally see that in any KH game if you've ever played any of the KH games and looked at Sora attacking. Sora doesn't feel like Link, he doesn't feel like Marth, and he doesn't even feel like Cloud. If we're going off of characters feeling similar to each other or borrowing from each other for candidacy over half the roster shouldn't be in the game INCLUDING DQ Hero by that logic, and that's the problem with the argument you're giving. It's that the game we're talking about itself doesn't even follow that idea that, that's how it works. If your point is that Sora would be "very similar" to DQ Hero because he's a sword character that uses magic and DQ Hero is a sword character that uses magic then the same can be said about DQ Hero compared to Robin and the argument is still just as bad. You're actively ignoring every other thing that could and would make Sora stand out on his own as a character at that point and that's my problem with your argument.

Last edited:

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman
with the scroll menu logic Cloud should have had one too since FF also has the same type of magic menu but he didn't so there's nothing saying Sora absolutely NEEDS to have that mechanic to be in the game, and as for an MP gauge they could just give him his KH2/KH3 MP gauge bar and call it a day at the end of the day it's just a limit meter anyway. Also if they can give a similar mechanic to another character other Cloud and Little Mac they can give it to another one and be just fine. Lastly like I stated before Sora's sword combos look and feel completely different to any other sword character's sword combos. He swings completely differently, moves differently and behaves differently in his attacks compared to other sword characters in the game. You can literally see that in any KH game if you've ever played any of the KH games and looked at Sora attacking. Sora doesn't feel like Link, he doesn't feel like Marth, and he doesn't even feel like Cloud. If we're going off of characters feeling similar to each other or borrowing from each other for candidacy over half the roster shouldn't be in the game INCLUDING DQ Hero by that logic, and that's the problem with the argument you're giving. It's that the game we're talking about itself doesn't even follow that idea that, that's how it works. If your point is that Sora would be "very similar" to DQ Hero because he's a sword character that uses magic and DQ Hero is a sword character that uses magic then the same can be said about DQ Hero compared to Robin and the argument is still just as bad. You're actively ignoring every other thing that could and would make Sora stand out on his own as a character at that point and that's my problem with your argument.
The MP stuff was just an example of what would of made Sora unique.

I do understand that Sora has alternative fighting methods I guess I mostly based my idea of how Sora would play after KH1 due to that being the one I remember the best.
With what your saying with the sword combo attacks, yes they look unique but in the end it is just a combo sword attack in the same vein as links standard A attack (just with more fluid motion and swing directions).
I guess after seeing Hero I couldn't really imagine a moveset for Sora, I mean he could use flowmotion, presumably as a recovery or wall bounce. The drive forms could appear though it is more likely for him to be based off of KH3 so limit forms are more likely. I guess I can't really think of any 'special' skills other than magic that Sora uses hugely in the game that would be used for smash.

My argument wasn't so much that Hero and Sora are both magic and sword (Keyblade although it looks different is still a sword) users, but rather Hero's magic used is very similar to Sora's ingame magic such as the Aero, Fire, thunder and even sleep and reflect (although KH reflect is a little different). This more or less left not much for Sora to shine as a unique DLC fighter that would get people to buy him even if they don't know KH.

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
The MP stuff was just an example of what would of made Sora unique.

I do understand that Sora has alternative fighting methods I guess I mostly based my idea of how Sora would play after KH1 due to that being the one I remember the best.
With what your saying with the sword combo attacks, yes they look unique but in the end it is just a combo sword attack in the same vein as links standard A attack (just with more fluid motion and swing directions).
I guess after seeing Hero I couldn't really imagine a moveset for Sora, I mean he could use flowmotion, presumably as a recovery or wall bounce. The drive forms could appear though it is more likely for him to be based off of KH3 so limit forms are more likely. I guess I can't really think of any 'special' skills other than magic that Sora uses hugely in the game that would be used for smash.

My argument wasn't so much that Hero and Sora are both magic and sword (Keyblade although it looks different is still a sword) users, but rather Hero's magic used is very similar to Sora's ingame magic such as the Aero, Fire, thunder and even sleep and reflect (although KH reflect is a little different). This more or less left not much for Sora to shine as a unique DLC fighter that would get people to buy him even if they don't know KH.

Again with the logic of them having magic that's similar the argument could be made for DQ Hero when compared to yet again Robin as he also shares the same elemental style magic that function pretty much the same in fact DQ Hero's lighting is LITERALLY the exact same as Robin's a straight shot attack lazer there's also his wind magic recovery which is basically just Joker's recovery animation. Sora's Aero has completely different properties to that of DQ Hero's it can be a defensive wind barrier and or a AOE attack tornado he can summon in front of himself that enemies can get stuck in for a free hit. His thunder is also more similar to that of Pikachu but not directly on top of himself it's a lazer that he can summon on top of enemy. His fire attack could be one of two things a straight single fire ball attack that he can repeat fire very quickly like in his own games by repeatedly pressing what ever button it's mapped to until he runs out of MP, or it could be defense ring of fire like in KH2 were fire would surround him for a short moment that could be used in combos. As for sleep magic he doesn't absolutely need to have that attack he could have bind as his stun attack or stop magic, and blizzard to stop enemies in their tracks for a short moment or longer depending on percent damage. He could use gravity magic as well as a slower casting ability meant to some damage and trip the opponent/opponents since gravity is an AOE ability. Like I also stated before Sora could also use special abilities like Sonic Blade to get close to an enemy and do good damage for short bursts in a hard to predict ability that lets him dash kinda like Beyonetta with her main combo that can aim in different directions just like hers as Sonic Blade can also be directed at different enemies. There's Strike Raid that lets Sora throw his Keyblade at an enemy to get to people at a distance while he can also run while the Keyblade is flying through the air to close distance. There's ars arcanum which could function as very fast high percent dealing string combo attack kinda like Cloud's cross slash but as an attack that carries you and the enemy you're hitting forward in the attack.

I just gave you a bunch of things they could easily use to make a kit for Sora with all the moves I just stated there and that's only a very small number of abilities Sora could use if he were added to Smash that would make him feel different to other characters.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Robin doesn't have a "magic mechanic". He has a weapon break mechanic. They're nothing alike beyond the fact they can cast magic and use a sword in some way.

I can see why people think this hurts Sora's chances. That's definitely the same style of Menu Sora uses. There are clear similarities. But they're also massively different beyond that too. Sora's a huge aerial fighter, to the point that he's the opposite of Little Mac in a way. The magic in FF and DQ are extremely different as is and have no overlap beyond "well, kind of the same elements".

That's like saying PK Fire is the same as Mario Fireball. Not even close.

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
Robin doesn't have a "magic mechanic". He has a weapon break mechanic. They're nothing alike beyond the fact they can cast magic and use a sword in some way.

I can see why people think this hurts Sora's chances. That's definitely the same style of Menu Sora uses. There are clear similarities. But they're also massively different beyond that too. Sora's a huge aerial fighter, to the point that he's the opposite of Little Mac in a way. The magic in FF and DQ are extremely different as is and have no overlap beyond "well, kind of the same elements".

That's like saying PK Fire is the same as Mario Fireball. Not even close.
That's the same style of menu basically all Square RPGs tend to use and as for my comparison to Robin and DQ was due to them mechanically being quite similar in practice. They're both from a design perspective the same archetype of fighter aka strong magical ability having melee fighters. Not saying I think they're super similar though as that just isn't true but they do share similarities and that's my point.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
That's the same tyle of menu basically all Square RPGs tend to use and as for my comparison to Robin and DQ was due to them mechanically being quite similar in practice. They're both from a design perspective the same archetype of fighter aka strong magical ability having melee fighters. Not saying I think they're super similar though as that just isn't true but they do share similarities and that's my point.
They have aesthetic similarities but no real gameplay ones.

They're severely different.

And yeah, that's an issue with Square's rpg's. They did used to have slightly different ones, like in FF1. It has a very different menu from the Action Time Battle system, which is the current one used.

Top Bottom