• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sora Unlocks the Door! The Sora Social Thread

Sora's chances of getting in?

• Total voters

ZetaXO

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-4787-7862-7678
What are the chances for sora to get en european dub in smash?

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Has anyone talked about this yet?

http://kiramune.jp/artist/irino/jiyucho/?p=2163

Basically it’s Sora’s seiyu saying that new information will be revealed this month, but was ambiguous as to what.

There’s also the fact that Shinji Hashimoto retweeted the Direct twice on Twitter, so I feel something is up.

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
do we know that he is contracted to be credited as sora's voice actor every time? if not he can use the same loop hole the other union voice actors use
Well, if Kingdom Hearts was Steve Burton's debut as Cloud, I'd imagine the other voice actors from Kingdom Hearts like Sora would get a similar contract. Then again, if that was the case, Steve Burton could have been replaced for Smash Bros because of a lot of actors got replaced throughout the series and Kairi kept switching between Hayden Panatierre and Alison Stoner. Hmm... Maybe it's just the Final Fantasy characters that can't be replaced? Nope, Aerith got recast. Wow, now I'm even more mad that Cloud's Japanese. And if they can replace Osment with a soundalike, that will make me madder. I guess the different actors could have different contracts? Or maybe they just couldn't find an impersonator that sounded good enough? I don't know. But if they get Sora in, I hope Haley Joel Osment could voice him. I'm still skeptical about the idea of Sakurai asking Disney for a character for a gaming crossover, but if Sora gets in with Osment voicing him and he can have the Kingdom Key with the Mickey keychain and Donald and Goofy can join him for a Trinity Limit Final Smash, he'd probably be my main.

D

Deleted member

Shinji Hashimoto is also the FF series brand manager, so it probably relates to all of those FF games coming to Switch.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Well, if Kingdom Hearts was Steve Burton's debut as Cloud, I'd imagine the other voice actors from Kingdom Hearts like Sora would get a similar contract. Then again, if that was the case, Steve Burton could have been replaced for Smash Bros because of a lot of actors got replaced throughout the series and Kairi kept switching between Hayden Panatierre and Alison Stoner. Hmm... Maybe it's just the Final Fantasy characters that can't be replaced? Nope, Aerith got recast. Wow, now I'm even more mad that Cloud's Japanese. And if they can replace Osment with a soundalike, that will make me madder. I guess the different actors could have different contracts? Or maybe they just couldn't find an impersonator that sounded good enough? I don't know. But if they get Sora in, I hope Haley Joel Osment could voice him. I'm still skeptical about the idea of Sakurai asking Disney for a character for a gaming crossover, but if Sora gets in with Osment voicing him and he can have the Kingdom Key with the Mickey keychain and Donald and Goofy can join him for a Trinity Limit Final Smash, he'd probably be my main.
i think you might be over thinking the voice acting, also i doubt we'll get donald and goofy, regardless of sakurai's position on non video game characters i cent see them paying probably a larger licence fee than sora for two characters whod only be cameos

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
Not gonna jump to conclusions about this new Shinji and Sora JP VA news but if it does mean we get a new trailer for Sora in Smash I'll be very happy.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
i think you might be over thinking the voice acting, also i doubt we'll get donald and goofy, regardless of sakurai's position on non video game characters i cent see them paying probably a larger licence fee than sora for two characters whod only be cameos
While I don't think Sakurai would mind whatsoever, as he really has nothing against non-game third parties, I agree entirely that the cost is not worth it alone. Sora is going to be pricey enough.

zabimaru1000

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone talked about this yet?

http://kiramune.jp/artist/irino/jiyucho/?p=2163

Basically it’s Sora’s seiyu saying that new information will be revealed this month, but was ambiguous as to what.

There’s also the fact that Shinji Hashimoto retweeted the Direct twice on Twitter, so I feel something is up.
This doesn't really mean anything, it could possibly just be upcoming VA work on future anime

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
This doesn't really mean anything, it could possibly just be upcoming VA work on future anime
I don’t think he was referring to anime, the context was very clearly about Kingdom Hearts but as to what it was about was ambiguous.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Kingdom Hearts 3 Arendelle Impressions:

Arendelle was ok. Just like Kingdom of Corona the story is cut in corners, lacking context of Hans and the relationship she has with the sisters needed for emotional impacted. I would have killed to see a few more Kristoff and Anna scenes too, with more interesting discussion from Elsa/Sora. I initially liked how Elsa was introduced because it told the story of Frozen in a different intriguing way, but it never went anywhere. Just adding more story to the world would have satisfied me, and helped me get through the musical scenes that without full context, felt cringeworthy.

Gameplay-wise, there are a few things that I loathed. The setting of Arendelle makes it extremely hard and frustrating for me to find Lucky Emblems. After my first run, I only found four and only wanted to get over with the story. Another thing I hated was the Flan in this world. The challenge here is the worst because the rails in-game make it hard to control Sora to hit the Flans you want. Another disappointment was not exploring the actual town of Arendelle, as it would have made for a nice change of pace for traveling in the world, like how Corona shifts from forest to town. These issues make it hard for me to be motivated to 100% complete Arendelle in collecting items. The sled minigame in particular that requires finding all treasure items is very discouraging for me, and I would rather use a guide to find all the items. If there was one fun positive to come from this world, it would be the partner for this game. I was very VERY surprised by this character joining and welcomed it with open arms, but the partner’s contribution to the world serves little, as this character only appears in the last portion of the world. Overall, ok world, more story would have made a big difference in my impression of this world.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Dropping by to wish you guys all luck again on your favorite keyblade master being revealed as "Brave" tomorrow!

Keep hoping guys! :grin:

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
I don't know about anybody else, but I have 100% faith that Sora's going to be revealed as the next fighter for Smash at the Direct.
I want to so bad man but gotta keep a level head and not hype myself up for disappointment so right now my faith for him being announced is like an 80%.

Bobthealligator

Smash Ace
Jon from GAMEXPLAIN thinks we're getting 1.5 and 2.5 on Switch, if your not familiar with him, he definately has insider information s he makes some really weird out there predictions which almost always turn out to be true.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Jon from GAMEXPLAIN thinks we're getting 1.5 and 2.5 on Switch, if your not familiar with him, he definately has insider information s he makes some really weird out there predictions which almost always turn out to be true.
That's interesting news. It just seems like Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy, and Kingdom Hearts have a lot of hinted things that make it seem like they have a decent chance of being revealed.

D

Deleted member

The (nice) Sora fanbase has shown me the merits of Kingdom Hearts in Smash. He'd be an excellent fighter. Even if Sora doesn't make it in, I'm at least going to try out Kingdom Hearts as soon as I can. Best wishes, y'all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ezclapper

Smash Apprentice
If it’s Sora’s time to be announced, it’s going to be today.

Last edited:

Falco_DJ

Smash Apprentice
Nintendo Direct tonight, Sora is happening. What are your thoughts?

Last edited:

Mischiiii

Smash Apprentice
I think they won’t show a new DLC Character as they still have to show actual gameplay of joker. Also piranha plant just came out. It would be too much.

Last edited:

Falco_DJ

Smash Apprentice
Weird I posted this as a forum thread, and now it's inside a thread itself. How's this possible?
Nintendo Direct tonight, Sora is happening. What are your thoughts?

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Weird I posted this as a forum thread, and now it's inside a thread itself. How's this possible?
It shouldn't have been a forum thread to begin with. I contacted a mod to move it to someplace more appropriate. Namely, here.

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
Welp, the Smash news was alot more disappointing than it needed to be. We didn't get a new character reveal, we didn't see much of Joker, and we didn't even get info on the new Mii costumes. At the very least, we have a confirmed month for more Smash news, so we won't be waiting as blindly as we were after the game awards.

Last edited:

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
While I don't think Sakurai would mind whatsoever, as he really has nothing against non-game third parties, I agree entirely that the cost is not worth it alone. Sora is going to be pricey enough.
Another reason I don't like our ban on non-game characters. But anyway, I wonder what would happen in the Smash community if Sora gets revealed and people see the Disney credit at the end? Never mind, it would just be the same kinds of reactions for every character... But hey, I would like to see Sora to wack the Nintendo cast with a key!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Another reason I don't like our ban on non-game characters.
It might be easier to bring this to Forum Support instead of mentioning it here. Pretty much it goes around in circles and nobody agrees with you. Keep in mind we considered it off-topic because it wouldn't stop. You'd get a better response here. Maybe the case will give us more options for character support threads. Who knows. Definitely worth the try. :)

But anyway, I wonder what would happen in the Smash community if Sora gets revealed and people see the Disney credit at the end? Never mind, it would just be the same kinds of reactions for every character... But hey, I would like to see Sora to wack the Nintendo cast with a key!
Well, it wouldn't make a difference cause a good chunk of people know Disney owns him, not Square-Enix. Now, if Donald/etc. made a cameo among the trailers/gameplay, that would actually make a difference. I mean, sure, I guess a small set of people will think it's weird Square-Enix isn't mentioned, but not everybody knows he's owned by Disney, so it's something easy to correct.

Last edited:

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
Here are my list of KH3's disney worlds, from Best to Worst

1. Olympus
2. Toy Box
3. Monstropolis
4. The Caribbean
5. Kingdom Of Corona
6. San Fransokyo
7. 100 Acre Wood
8. Arendelle