• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sora Unlocks the Door! The Sora Social Thread

Sora's chances of getting in?

• Total voters

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Nope, in fact what we got is some random creature nowhere harder or as hard than any of sephiroth fights, hell it doesn't even look as hard as the terra secret boss fight from final mix. To me it's even more disappointing considering that they left his encounter with Cloud on kh2 as a cliffhanger and we never saw them again.
****! Now I am sad. :(

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Nope, in fact what we got is some random creature nowhere harder or as hard than any of sephiroth fights, hell it doesn't even look as hard as the terra secret boss fight from final mix. To me it's even more disappointing considering that they left his encounter with Cloud on kh2 as a cliffhanger and we never saw them again.
When you say the Terra boss do you mean Lingering Will because if so your comment implies the Sepiroth fight is harder which I thought everyone agreed LW was the hardest fight

****! Now I am sad. :(
We know that an epilogue is being added as a free update so no one can access it early. They could add a Sephiroth fight as well alongside it. I mean it's a long shot but it could happen.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I already mentioned that I've always wanted to see Nintendo doing something of what Disney is doing by making a Kingdom Hearts esque but with their own characters and strangely enough, I kind of wanted to see Disney do something that Nintendo is doing by making their own version of Smash Bros.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jboy1010

Smash Cadet
I already mentioned that I've always wanted to see Nintendo doing something of what Disney is doing by making a Kingdom Hearts esque but with their own characters and strangely enough, I kind of wanted to see Disney do something that Nintendo is doing by making their own version of Smash Bros.
The problem is that Disney likes their IPs to be represented properly... and not all their IPs are marketed as warriors/fighters. But then again... Disney infinity had Mickey throwing his fits around

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
The problem is that Disney likes their IPs to be represented properly... and not all their IPs are marketed as warriors/fighters. But then again... Disney infinity had Mickey throwing his fits around
In Kingdom Hearts basically everyone fights hell ****ing Minnie can even fight in KH. It's not that Disney has a problem with their characters being in violent situations so much as they just want their character's "character" to be properly represented that's it, a.k.a mannerisms/ defining characteristics, etc.

D

Deleted member

Not to mention, the movesets from all characters in Smash have slapstick like movesets.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I've basically spoiled myself entirely on KH3 while waiting for my copy to arrive.
Despite the writers laying the groundwork for the future storyline they want to do this was a pretty satisfying conclusion to this 15 year long saga of madness.

My favorite scene in the game has to be when Woody is giving a speech to Xehanort. That was a good scene.

D

Deleted member

Well I'll be darn tootin. I always had the idea of an Disney Smash Bros. when I was younger. It was like it almost came to be.
I also have an idea days ago with my brother, like for Simba's up b, it's basically Duck Hunt's up b but with Zazu and a bunch of generic birds carrying him.

Starblax

Smash Apprentice
I feel like I'm one of like 3 people who still genuinely believes this character is gonna happen.

I've talked with a lot of people who kinda know what they're talking about, and a lot of things about Sora seem to make more sense than Erdrick, and some things about Erdrick himself make no sense. Then again, around Sakurai, not much makes sense.

Just gotta keep the dream from dropping baby.

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
Oh man I forgot to post here lol. Sign me up for support if you could, Sora would be awesome!

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
I don't have the game yet, but after seeing so much footage, I am completely convinced that Sora would be the next Bayonetta - everybody will hate him for being too good.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Hey Sora fans! Just dropped by to say you guys are probs Brave and I'm getting KH3 soon

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
So um... About that secret ending...
OH MY GOD MY BOY NEKU IS COMING BACK YES

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
still quite early on
i dont know why but i loved that bit with woody telling young xehanort off

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
What's up, I'm here from the Geno thread just to hope you guys are having fun with KH3. I only have a Switch, so sadly I can't play it right now, but I've heard overwhelmingly positive things about the game, so buying a PS4 despite not having the money for it right now is pretty tempting :p

I also fully support Sora in Smash. He would be such an interesting character to me.

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
I feel like I'm one of like 3 people who still genuinely believes this character is gonna happen.

I've talked with a lot of people who kinda know what they're talking about, and a lot of things about Sora seem to make more sense than Erdrick, and some things about Erdrick himself make no sense. Then again, around Sakurai, not much makes sense.

Just gotta keep the dream from dropping baby.
I'm on the same boat here. At first I was pessimistic about his chances, at least for the first fighter pack, but after we saw how those stats actually looked when attached to a character, my perspective did a complete 180. It feels so good to know that Sora has a solid chance to be included again.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Sora always had a solid chance. There was never any evidence of him being unlikely to begin with. There was reasons to believe he might not happen, sure(generally due to people believing Sakurai wouldn't reference any of the Disney Animation elements, but he doesn't mind referencing non-game stuff, so that wouldn't matter anyway).. But that's most characters anyway. I mean, everybody say Inkling coming, but the rest were way more up in the air in comparison. Some were surprised by many of the other additions, others felt they were obvious.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
So, if Sora does manage to get in Smash, what songs do you expect/want to come with him?

Personally, much as I'd love to hear Simple and Clean or Sanctuary, those songs are merely licensed to the series from Utada. Same with both Face my Fears and Don't Think Twice. So I doubt they'd grab any of them. I also doubt they'd use themes from any of the Disney themed worlds, since those tend to be more suited solely for those worlds.

Personally, I kinda expect the stage to be Radiant Garden/Hollow Bastion, so there's the obvious Hollow Bastion and Scherzo di Notte.

Then there's some boss and miniboss themes, The Encounter, Rowdy Rumble, Sinister Shadows, and Tension Rising.

Then there's the battle themes for the hub worlds of Kingdom Hearts & Kingdom Hearts II, Traverse Town and Twilight Town - Hand in Hand and Working Together.

Then there's two boss and battle themes from the "side games" (as some refer to them) I'd like to see - The 13th Struggle, which is Organization XIII's battle theme, and Sinister Sundown, a different battle theme from Twilight Town.

Lastly, if I could pick three Disney world battle themes, I'd choose Risky Romp (Dwarf Woodlands' battle theme), The Rustling Forest (Enchanted Dominion's battle theme) and Mkaukau? (Deep Space's battle theme), all from Birth by Sleep, as they are three of my favorite battle themes from the series.

Last edited:

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
Dearly Beloved (Smash-Actiony remix)
Hikari
Destiny Islands
Night of Fate
Traverse Town
Olympus Coliseum
Spooks of Halloween Town
Hollow Bastion
Scherzo Di Notte
Fragments of Sorrow
Working Together
Waltz of the Diamond
The Underworld
Rowdy Rumble
Hazardous Highway
Byte Bashing
The Other Promise
Unforgettable
Enter the Darkness
Sanctuary (Instrumental)
Don’t Think Twice (Instrumental)

If Disney music is allowed:
This is Halloween
Under the Sea (KH1)
Winnie the Pooh
Mickey Mouse Club March
He’s A Pirate
You’ve Got a Friend in Me

I’m not that far into KH3 yet so there’s probably some good stuff there too.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
So, if Sora does manage to get in Smash, what songs do you expect/want to come with him?

Personally, much as I'd love to hear Simple and Clean or Sanctuary, those songs are merely licensed to the series from Utada. Same with both Face my Fears and Don't Think Twice. So I doubt they'd grab any of them. I also doubt they'd use themes from any of the Disney themed worlds, since those tend to be more suited solely for those worlds.

Personally, I kinda expect the stage to be Radiant Garden/Hollow Bastion, so there's the obvious Hollow Bastion and Scherzo di Notte.

Then there's some boss and miniboss themes, The Encounter, Rowdy Rumble, Sinister Shadows, and Tension Rising.

Then there's the battle themes for the hub worlds of Kingdom Hearts & Kingdom Hearts II, Traverse Town and Twilight Town - Hand in Hand and Working Together.

Then there's two boss and battle themes from the "side games" (as some refer to them) I'd like to see - The 13th Struggle, which is Organization XIII's battle theme, and Sinister Sundown, a different battle theme from Twilight Town.

Lastly, if I could pick three Disney world battle themes, I'd choose Risky Romp (Dwarf Woodlands' battle theme), The Rustling Forest (Enchanted Dominion's battle theme) and Mkaukau? (Deep Space's battle theme), all from Birth by Sleep, as they are three of my favorite battle themes from the series.

the encounter isnt a mini boss theme, its one of kh2's disney boss themes

Last edited:

zabimaru1000

Smash Journeyman
After beating KH3 I believe the way Sora plays in that game should be implemented in a theoretical Smash moveset

As you can tell from the gameplay trailers:

Sora can change forms based on how many times he hits people much like Cloud's Limit. The only difference is that there's 3 tiers of bars and filling it up to 3 will unlock the option to change into that form. Everything runs on a timer, the bars will gradually fade away if you go on without attacking, so this encourages rushdown based play. When you unlock the option to change this prompts a Situation Meter that also runs on a timer, if you don't use it before it runs out you have to start over again.

The form in question should be either Second Form, which grants him his powers from KH2 and where his aerial combos reward him with more range. Or give him a Smash Bros original designed Form change. Obviously this is the part where this needs some fine tuning and balancing to make this fair.

He should also use a MP meter as well for basic usage of Fire, Thunder, and Blizzard magic. These moves can also be upgraded with the Form Meter, however, instead of attacks filling the meter you need to use magic instead. The upgraded magic runs on the Situation Meter as well. Basically all his meter gimmicks are Cloud and Robin's combined with a twist.

The stage has got to be Dive to the Heart. It is the most iconic non Disney place for the series.

Most of the music has got to go to KH3. This delves into spoiler territory:

1. Oscurita di Xehanort (Xehanort Boss Medley) - Ansem/Young Xehanort/Xemnas Battle theme

2. Tension Rising (Corona Remix) - Nobody Fight Theme

3. Cercatori del Bulo (Seekers of Darkness ver) - Destati remix

4. Cercatori del Bulo (Xehanort ver) - Rage Awakened remix

5. The 13th Struggle (original track)

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
So talking of Dive into the Heart as a stage, I was thinking maybe that could basically be a transformation stage featuring all of the original worlds?
I’ve been against Dive being the stage since I think it’d just be another Final Destination. But this is a pretty good idea.

Top Bottom