• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sora Unlocks the Door! The Sora Social Thread

Sora's chances of getting in?

• Total voters

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
https://twitter.com/_Mizumi/status/1082781827629223936?s=20

If Brave turns out to actually be Sora I'll buy the Fighters Pass then and there, I wouldn't even care who the others are. If Sakurai got the character 99% of people seems to agree is impossible to get the rights of, I'll never complain about Pirahna Plant again.
Omfg, shut up! It's bad enough that I'm feeling hopeful again, but seeing that tweet is killing me! Killing me I tell you! I don't know what to believe right now! This is just too much!

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
https://twitter.com/_Mizumi/status/1082781827629223936?s=20

If Brave turns out to actually be Sora I'll buy the Fighters Pass then and there, I wouldn't even care who the others are. If Sakurai got the character 99% of people seems to agree is impossible to get the rights of, I'll never complain about Pirahna Plant again.
I seriously hope it turns to be the case. It would be the most profiting move from SE and also Nintendo to put Sora in Smash.

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
I'm noticing a lot of people are accepting that Sora is a more of a Disney character than Square. Kind of weird to keep this thread when threads for characters owned by non-gaming companies get closed immediately. And I don't really think we would have anymore Square content, because Cloud was almost cut and there's an awful lack of Final Fantasy spirits and songs. But if Sora gets in, I would be playing as him a lot and supporting Mickey and Goku for Smash 6. In fact, I think if Sora can get in as a Disney character, then all those characters who were banned from getting threads should be given a chance.

Anyway, I just bought a PS4 to pre-order Kingdom Hearts III. I am addicted to Kingdom Hearts: The Story So Far right now. It's great to finally have a chance to play Birth by Sleep since I never owned a PSP.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I'm noticing a lot of people are accepting that Sora is a more of a Disney character than Square. Kind of weird to keep this thread when threads for characters owned by non-gaming companies get closed immediately. And I don't really think we would have anymore Square content, because Cloud was almost cut and there's an awful lack of Final Fantasy spirits and songs. But if Sora gets in, I would be playing as him a lot and supporting Mickey and Goku for Smash 6. In fact, I think if Sora can get in as a Disney character, then all those characters who were banned from getting threads should be given a chance.

Anyway, I just bought a PS4 to pre-order Kingdom Hearts III. I am addicted to Kingdom Hearts: The Story So Far right now. It's great to finally have a chance to play Birth by Sleep since I never owned a PSP.
The rule is that non-videogame characters can't have a thread so while Disney isn't a gaming company Kingdom Hearts is a videogame and Sora is a videogame character that's why he's eligible also the lack of Square content isn't an issue for Sora as he is owned by Disney. He probably won't be joining Smash but it won't have anything to do with Square.

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
But what about Vader's Apprentice and Android 21?

Nope... Not going back to that discussion again. I backed off from this thread for months.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Please stay on the topic of Sora. There is no argument against the fact that he was a videogame character first and nothing else. This thread is not here to debate that point. These are support threads, not bashing threads.

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
But what about Vader's Apprentice and Android 21?

Nope... Not going back to that discussion again. I backed off from this thread for months.
But then came back..?
Anyway, I can only speak for myself when I say this but I think those two are eligible enough to have their own support thread. However, Android 21 would inevitably lead to discussions surrounding Goku joining since she's not even the main character in her own game, so I can see why they'd ban her. Vader's apprentice should be fair game though.

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
Well anyway, if Disney and Tetsuya Nomura voiced their support for Sora, would that be breaking an NDA contract?

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Well anyway, if Disney and Tetsuya Nomura voiced their support for Sora, would that be breaking an NDA contract?
Depends on how it’s worded. If they specifically and exclusively said it would be great to have Sora in Smash, I don’t think that’s technically breaking an NDA. But regardless, if a comment like that is made I think it’s likely that Sora isn’t in, it’s not the kind of comment you make when you want to keep a surprise secret.

NinjaSmash_414

Smash Rookie
I don't see Sora coming to Smash. Nintendo don't want to add any Disney references into their game because it would mean they have to pay Disney. Disney ain't going to let Nintendo use their stuff without paying them for it. And you can't add Sora without any Disney refs, his Keyblade have Mickey's logo all on it. There's no stages they can use from KH because everyone of them are either from Disney's movies or have heavy Disney references in them. And don't even start on his Final Smash, when he needs Donald and Goofy to pull it off.

Sorry but Sora can't be in Smash! There's no way!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I don't see Sora coming to Smash. Nintendo don't want to add any Disney references into their game because it would mean they have to pay Disney. Disney ain't going to let Nintendo use their stuff without paying them for it. And you can't add Sora without any Disney refs, his Keyblade have Mickey's logo all on it. There's no stages they can use from KH because everyone of them are either from Disney's movies or have heavy Disney references in them. And don't even start on his Final Smash, when he needs Donald and Goofy to pull it off.

First, they can add Sora without Disney stuff. There's a ton of KH content that doesn't rely on Goofy, Donald, Mickey, etc. Plus, those getting nothing more than cameos isn't a big deal anyway on its own(bar how much money Disney would charge). I mean, if he has no issues blatantly referencing the Captain N show of all things, do you honestly think he cares all that much about an accurate cameo? The answer is "no". Besides that, those are specifically game designs, so whether or not he goes for it is a matter of money.

Second, Disney owns Sora 100%. They're paying them regardless if Sakurai wants actual cartoon character references or not(and let's not pretend it's a big deal for non-game references to be in anyway. He's only pretty much talked about non-game characters not being in specifically in the context of playable fighters). Stuff like Spirits/Trophies aren't a big deal. It's more that Disney will charge way too much.

Third, it's not like Nintendo cares that much about cameos either. Why would they? Some ridiculous stigma that non-game references aren't allowed(despite the fact that non-game references have happened in Smash before. Even one of DK's costumes is pretty clearly based upon one of the cartoon DKC characters, not a game character. And that's not exactly like referencing the Pokemon anime either, which is wayyyyy bigger overall than the DKC cartoon was. And again, they're referencing Captain N, as Pit remembers Simon and MegaMan. He hasn't met them outside of that show. Of course, I can't see any reason to name it directly unless Captain N becomes a Spirit or Mii costume. Which is hardly impossible, as Nintendo owns the character and all the unique designs where possible. Or co-owns in the case of 3rd parties. They just don't own the rights to distribute the show, but also own the comic, which I know a bit less about, besides Simon being replaced by Samus). I could go on, but people are just way overthinking these things. Money is really the only reason it'll be avoided. Playable characters, yeah, that's one thing. Costumes and Spirits, as well as other descriptions/things? Whole different ballpark as we've seen in practice.

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace

Excuse you, but who are you to tell us who we can’t want within the roster! Why are people coming on this thread to bash us for wanting a character.

You have an assist trophy in your want list as a character are we suppose to tell you to stop supporting that character to make it in the roster! First off you seem to be new, but don’t come on established support thread of a character to tell people it’s not happening when a character you support has little to no chance considering he’s an Assist Trophy.

Last edited:

NinjaSmash_414

Smash Rookie
First, they can add Sora without Disney stuff. There's a ton of KH content that doesn't rely on Goofy, Donald, Mickey, etc. Plus, those getting nothing more than cameos isn't a big deal anyway on its own(bar how much money Disney would charge). I mean, if he has no issues blatantly referencing the Captain N show of all things, do you honestly think he cares all that much about an accurate cameo? The answer is "no". Besides that, those are specifically game designs, so whether or not he goes for it is a matter of money.

Second, Disney owns Sora 100%. They're paying them regardless if Sakurai wants actual cartoon character references or not(and let's not pretend it's a big deal for non-game references to be in anyway. He's only pretty much talked about non-game characters not being in specifically in the context of playable fighters). Stuff like Spirits/Trophies aren't a big deal. It's more that Disney will charge way too much.

Third, it's not like Nintendo cares that much about cameos either. Why would they? Some ridiculous stigma that non-game references aren't allowed(despite the fact that non-game references have happened in Smash before. Even one of DK's costumes is pretty clearly based upon one of the cartoon DKC characters, not a game character. And that's not exactly like referencing the Pokemon anime either, which is wayyyyy bigger overall than the DKC cartoon was. And again, they're referencing Captain N, as Pit remembers Simon and MegaMan. He hasn't met them outside of that show. Of course, I can't see any reason to name it directly unless Captain N becomes a Spirit or Mii costume. Which is hardly impossible, as Nintendo owns the character and all the unique designs where possible. Or co-owns in the case of 3rd parties. They just don't own the rights to distribute the show, but also own the comic, which I know a bit less about, besides Simon being replaced by Samus). I could go on, but people are just way overthinking these things. Money is really the only reason it'll be avoided. Playable characters, yeah, that's one thing. Costumes and Spirits, as well as other descriptions/things? Whole different ballpark as we've seen in practice.
"First, they can add Sora without Disney stuff."
No they can't! Sora's keyblade uses a Mickey's keychain, which is a Disney ref.

"I mean, if he has no issues blatantly referencing the Captain N show of all things, do you honestly think he cares all that much about an accurate cameo?"
Really?! First of all Captain N was created to push the NES and the games for it. Also most of the characters from the show are in Smash as fighters and AT. So why wouldn't they reference that show?

"Second, Disney owns Sora 100%."
More reason why Nintendo won't be using Sora nor any KH stuff in Smash.

"Third, it's not like Nintendo cares that much about cameos either."
Oh so wrong you are! Nintendo care a lot about who they put in Smash. That's why we won't get Sora, nor other crazy choices like Goku or Superman. And Disney is anal about who and how other companies use their stuff. And Nintendo don't need to deal with that.

Excuse you, but who are you to tell us who we can’t want within the roster! Why are people coming on this thread to bash us for wanting a character.

You have an assist trophy in your want list as a character are we suppose to tell you to stop supporting that character to make it in the roster! First off you seem to be new, but don’t come on established support thread of a character to tell people it’s not happening when a character you support has little to no chance considering he’s an Assist Trophy.
Uh..there's no character on my support list that's a AT in Smash Ultimate. Barbara WAS a AT in Smash 4, but not in Ultimate. And the Zero I'm asking for is from Mega Man Zero. That Zero is totally different (and better) Zero then the one from MMX, the one that's a AT right now.

Last edited:

Jboy1010

Smash Cadet

"I mean, if he has no issues blatantly referencing the Captain N show of all things, do you honestly think he cares all that much about an accurate cameo?"
Really?! First of all Captain N was created to push the NES and the games for it. Also most of the characters from the show are in Smash as fighters and AT. So why wouldn't they reference that show?

Oh so wrong you are! Nintendo care a lot about who they put in Smash. That's why we won't get Sora, nor other crazy choices like Goku or Superman. And Disney is anal about who and how other companies use their stuff. And Nintendo don't need to deal with that.
Sora himself is a Disney reference due to being a Disney character, so it’s absurd and ignorant to think Disney influence will be present. KH itself is a Disney property... so there’s no use in avoiding it. Also the Mickey Mouse logo is also the alternative logo for Disney as a company. So it’s bizarre that you would be so adamoon not including the brand logo on a character that is owned by the company. What you talk about is nearly as absurd as any other 3rd party charging Nintendo for using their brand logo. Unless you think that Disney charge SE a high profit every time sora is used by them because his keyblade has their brand logo on it. Think it over why don’t you

Also you’re making the claim that Nintendo won’t work with disney under Zero notable Knowledge. It’s a baseless assumption, but Nintendo and Disney have worked together in the past in the NES days with all their licensed games, along with Newer titles like art academy, along with recently working on an exclusive show for Disney XD about the Nintendo switch. Once again.... you’re statement about Nintendo not wanting to work with Disney is nothing more than a baseless assumption

Also it’s becoming clear that you haven’t looked into this subject a lot because it’s not a case of Disney being protective of who is using their character. They’re just particular in how their characters are portrayed and represented. Guess who’s the best person who knows how Sora and KH needs to be portrayed... Nomura. So as long as Nomura is ok with show Sora is portrayed, Disney have no reason to be “anal” as you claim (yet you also present zero example of that behaviour also). Nintendo already dealt with SE who was pretty difficult, Disney have at least publicly opened up and said they’re willing to work with Nintendo on this.

Double0Groove

Smash Ace

Okay, so, I know you're already being pelted from 3 different directions and all, but I still want to add my 2 cents here. I'll try not to tread to much on grounds that's already been explored, so this should be short at least.

-You're certainly not giving Sora enough credit in terms of FS potential or stages. Any role requiring Donald and Goofy (assuming you're talking about the final form) could easily be given to the likes of Riku and Kairi. And stages like Destiny Islands, World that Never Was, Radiant Garden, Twilight Town, and Traverse Town all originate from KH, and would all make for excellent stages.

-Nintendo and Disney are on good terms with each other, at least, that's what this partnership suggests: https://www.businessinsider.com/nintendo-disney-switch-show-2018-6
and there's nothing that suggests that Nintendo has no interest in the KH franchise. Especially since it fits so well with Nintendo's Kid friendly aesthetic.

-Sora's a videogame character who is nowhere near as big as either Superman or Goku. So he's far from impossible. The comparison is also inaccurate.

-The Keychain is just a logo. It wouldn't make Sora himself more expensive and thanks to Disney giving their blessings for his inclusion, it isn't something that could prevent him from joining.

Sora's chances are alot more plausible than you give him credit for.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Uh..there's no character on my support list that's a AT in Smash Ultimate. Barbara WAS a AT in Smash 4, but not in Ultimate. And the Zero I'm asking for is from Mega Man Zero. That Zero is totally different (and better) Zero then the one from MMX, the one that's a AT right now.
Please, we don’t want another Sean Wheeler situation. If you do t want Sora, we get it. But Sora is anything but impossible, because he’s a video game character first and Disney’s copyright bus boy second.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Wasn't what I was referring to. And also super easy to get. I mean the actual characters appearing. Though that's about as unrealistic as Misty having an anime trophy, which means Sakurai isn't going to go.

Because it's not a video game in itself, now is it? Same logic. It's literally about as notable as his keychain. Or outright naming Ash/Satoshi in Pokemon Trainer's trophy(which you can't get more blatant than that for strict non-game references). Hell, Ash-Greninja is proof this isn't any remote issue. And he only existed in the anime first as a very specific transformation, akin to Mega Evolution, but more personal. It was pretty clearly created for the anime. It was lucky to appear in the Pokemon games, but it wasn't even made for them, as it was created quite a few years prior before its first game cameo, which might not even be canon, as it was just a demo. Even if it didn't get a game appearance, it still would used for Greninja's Final Smash because it's a very pivotal thing for Greninja at that point. People know him well for it.

"Second, Disney owns Sora 100%.
Exactly why they would. There's no reason to say no other than it costing way too much. That's kind of literally it. Nintendo does not hate Disney one bit. Not sure where you're even getting this silly idea that's a war between 'em. There isn't. Really, the hardest part is that its creator, who works at SE, wants to actually work with Nintendo/Sakurai on him. Disney respects his opinion that much that in many cases, aren't willing to put him in something with the guy's approval. Of course, it's only sometimes, as they own him and have added him to stuff. They don't need SE's permission in any way.

Why are you comparing a video game character who has some unique stuff unrelated to video games(like Smash itself does, even with Ash-Greninja as part of Greninja's Final Smash) and actual non-video game characters entirely as if it works the same way? There is zero correlation. If Nintendo chooses to even add things like stickers of Mickey, Donald, and Goofy, it won't be a remote issue. The keychain is pretty much automatic with Sora. That's his signature design. It's part of the package, and Nintendo won't say no when they already have non-game original content in Smash itself. Let's stop pretending that one being 3rd party even changes how they don't mind non-game content. Again, it only has ever been noted as an issue with which playable character exists. Not if a game character has a few non-game elements. Now, I won't say it's likely Mickey/etc. would appear as a Sticker, and I doubt they'll be in the Final Smash when they have Riku and Kairi which work just fine. But it's the amount of money that determines any of this, not some illogical thing towards non-game characters that blatantly doesn't exist.

--------------

Also, please do not double post. Edit your messages instead. You can just hit reply more than once and add multiple quotes to your message, or hit the quote button and then insert every quote into there. This way you can avoid it. As someone who is new here, it can be confusing at first.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I don't see Sora coming to Smash. Nintendo don't want to add any Disney references into their game because it would mean they have to pay Disney. Disney ain't going to let Nintendo use their stuff without paying them for it.
Disney isn't going to let them use their stuff without paying? You mean like every 3rd party ever in Smash?

And you can't add Sora without any Disney refs, his Keyblade have Mickey's logo all on it.
So far Sakurai has included references to the Pokemon anime all the time in Smash so I don't think the key chain would cause any problems but even if it did the key chain could be changed very easily as it changes in KH. Normally that would change the blade too but Sakurai plays liberal with canon anyways.

There's no stages they can use from KH because everyone of them are either from Disney's movies or have heavy Disney references in them.
This blatantly false. KH has so many original areas that Sora get get like 7 stages and none be from a Disney film.
And don't even start on his Final Smash, when he needs Donald and Goofy to pull it off.
Sora has so many final smash worthy techniques he can pull off solo he wouldn't need Donald or Goofy. Heck if you were thinking of trinity limit he can he perform that alone. There's nothing preventing Sora from coming with only the KH stuff.
I don't know if you have played games but if you haven't do so and you'll see why most of your problems aren't issues and if you have played them maybe give yourself a refresher.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

Let’s dissect:

>Nintendo don’t want to add any Disney references because they would have to pay Disney.

Unless you have a source specifically saying that Nintendo hates Disney and wants no money exchange whatsoever, this is untrue.

>Disney won’t let Nintendo use their stuff without paying.

Hey, this isn’t wrong! It’s just useless when that’s the case of every third party.

>You can’t add Sora without Disney refs,

Yes you can.

>The Keyblade has Mickey’s logo all on it.

It’s a small keychain and it has been removed or altered for different appearances. In fact, changing keychains is a mechanic.

>There’s no stages they can use because they’re all from Disney movies or feature heavy Disney references.

Hey, you never played a Kingdom Hearts game! Gotcha! There are plenty of important and iconic worlds like Destiny Islands, Traverse Town and The World That Never Was they would definitely use.

>Don’t even start on his Final Smash.

You’re right, just don’t. Please. It’s embarrassing. You clearly know nothing about what you’re talking about so just stop.

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
User was warned for this post; flaming
Obviously, this guy NinjaSmash_414 NinjaSmash_414 has never played a Kingdom Hearts game in his life if he really thinks that Kingdom Hearts don't have tons of original content that NOT Disney related to offer for Smash. He can honestly, GTFOH if he don't want Sora, and he's obviously trolling this thread and don't come back to argue with us. We have tons of ammo to use when it comes to Kingdom Hearts being represented in Smash and he'll get deflated by every point he tries to make. I don't get why people like this come on character support threads to come and say they don't have a chance. Then why are you even here then, why don't you just ignore us?!

Why he dedcided to come on here as of yesterday, when he's barely done anything on this site since 2015 is beyond me. If you just started coming on here, but never been active up until this point, it's obvious that you are only here to troll a support thread of a character.

Last edited:

Jboy1010

Smash Cadet
Obviously, this guy NinjaSmash_414 NinjaSmash_414 has never played a Kingdom Hearts game in his life if he really thinks that Kingdom Hearts don't have tons of original content that NOT Disney related to offer for Smash. He can honestly, GTFOH if he don't want Sora, and he's obviously trolling this thread and don't come back to argue with us. We have tons of ammo to use when it comes to Kingdom Hearts being represented in Smash and he'll get deflated by every point he tries to make. I don't get why people like this come on character support threads to come and say they don't have a chance. Then why are you even here then, why don't you just ignore us?!

Why he dedcided to come on here as of yesterday, when he's barely done anything on this site since 2015 is beyond me. If you just started coming on here, but never been active up until this point, it's obvious that you are only here to troll a support thread of a character.
Tbf to the Ninja dude, they could be real busy Doing something else, hence the little activity

NinjaSmash_414

Smash Rookie
User was warned for this post; trolling

Hey, there is a poll on this forum saying "Do Sora have a chance?: YES, NONE, IDK". I voted and posted my reasons why. And if you can post your opinions on here, then why can't I? Because it's not a support for him? You don't have to like it, nor reply back to it. This is the thread, if you can't take it then you GTHO. Ain't my fault you and many Sora fans get easily triggered.

And I've played HK 1 and 2 when they first came out on PS2. I'm not that into it to play the 3DS ones. I'm just being realistic when it comes to Disney greedy butts.

Tbf to the Ninja dude, they could be real busy Doing something else, hence the little activity
Yes I have been. Working for a living for one thing.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Hey, there is a poll on this forum saying "Do Sora have a chance?: YES, NONE, IDK". I voted and posted my reasons why. And if you can post your opinions on here, then why can't I? Because it's not a support for him? You don't have to like it, nor reply back to it. This is the thread, if you can't take it then you GTHO. Ain't my fault you and many Sora fans get easily triggered.

And I've played HK 1 and 2 when they first came out on PS2. I'm not that into it to play the 3DS ones. I'm just being realistic when it comes to Disney greedy butts.
It's generally frowned upon to come into a support thread and take dumps on the character.

https://smashboards.com/threads/sup...-rules-and-guidelines-read-this-first.446330/

Detracting is a touchy subject. It is absolutely okay to want or not want a specific character. It is okay to express that opinion. It is not okay to be rude about it. Know that going into a character's support thread and making negative comments will have different consequences than posting it in a general thread or for an unrelated character. If you do this, try to be courteous and polite and open to ideas.
Your aggressive tone and use of "triggered" tells me though you thrive on taking dumps.

Jboy1010

Smash Cadet
It's generally frowned upon to come into a support thread and take dumps on the character.

https://smashboards.com/threads/sup...-rules-and-guidelines-read-this-first.446330/

Your aggressive tone and use of "triggered" tells me though you thrive on taking dumps.
Is it really frowned upon to voice your opinion on a character thread? I’m all in on Sora but we shouldn’t make this a complete echo chamber. The more challenging opinions we receive the better the viewpoint becomes. I’ve personally improved knowledge of Sora’s chances via combating all points against him.

StormC

Smash Hero
Is it really frowned upon to voice your opinion on a character thread? I’m all in on Sora but we shouldn’t make this a complete echo chamber. The more challenging opinions we receive the better the viewpoint becomes. I’ve personally improved knowledge of Sora’s chances via combating all points against him.
From that post I quoted:

It is okay to express that opinion. It is not okay to be rude about it.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
oh no its all kicking off again, cant we just focus on the launch at the end of the month?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
We do not allow users to attack other users. Those come with repercussions. Yes, we expect respect to others.

Likewise, these are support threads. Not for bashing. Having a different opinion is not bashing in itself. Being rude about it, however, is. Let's make sure to keep our debates in good faith and be civil to one another, please.

StormC

Smash Hero
Let's be honest here, NinjaSmash_414 was, in no way, shape, or form, being rude in his/her comments. Disagreeable, sure, but not rude.
Telling Sora fans to get the hell out and that they're easily triggered isn't rude?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
NinjaSmash_414 did get a warning for their conduct. So did the user that told them to get the hell out. Both got their warnings.

Time to move on. It's irrelevant to this thread at this point.

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
Telling Sora fans to get the hell out and that they're easily triggered isn't rude?
It isn't when that response was instigated by our party, no. He came in respectfully and wasn't hostile until confronted with hostility and half of the active users of this thread.

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman

Why are you even here then? This is a SUPPORT thread dude do you even know what that word means? As for the whole logo mentality, just what exactly do you think Smash as a whole is really but a giant logo ad-placement for game IP? It might not have started out that way originally as a concept but at the end of the day that's what it became. People can tell themselves otherwise but that's just a fact, otherwise why call characters reps and not just characters. Getting ****** about potential representation because "they're a logo for X or Y company" is idiotic and irrelevant in the grand scheme of things because literally all the characters in the game in question are that, a logo. If you're gonna argue a specific character's chances at least use actual logic instead of self imposed bull****.

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
It isn't when that response was instigated by our party, no. He came in respectfully and wasn't hostile until confronted with hostility and half the thread.

NinjaSmash_414 did get a warning for their conduct. So did the user that told them to get the hell out. Both got their warnings.

Time to move on. It's irrelevant to this thread at this point.
Sorry.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It isn't when that response was instigated by our party, no. He came in respectfully and wasn't hostile until confronted with hostility and half the thread.
Any user who tells someone to get the hell off is being rude. I know this is a bit of a derail, but I just want to clarify that we don't play favorites like that. Starting off the issue makes that user a problem. Anybody who replies by breaking similar rules is doing something wrong too. Who starts it isn't very relevant. It's whoever participated and broke the rules. Some may get verbal warnings instead. Some may get higher rated infractions instead. It all depends the content posted, not simply who started the issue.

I honestly hope this clears up how we moderate a little better. :)

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
Look fella, a month and a half ago I would've said Joker was impossible. Three years ago I would've said Cloud was impossible. At this point, I'd say anyone who's originally from a game (sans OCs tied to a different, non-gaming franchise) has a shot. The limits have been stretched so far that almost nothing's impossible now.

Last edited:

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
So.. what just happened? I just wanted to let everyone know that i preordered KH3 this month, and i'm super excited!

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
I just want to say sorry for disturbing the piece of the thread, but the reason why I was so ticked off by that point was the guy wasn’t really saying anything new about Soras chances that could have an effect on him in Smash. He was echoing everything else that the rest of the Internet had to say about Sora in Smash by that point.

Also, it didn’t help that he was a detractor on a character support thread. For a while he was back and forth and debunking anything in Sora’s favor. Why come over here just to say a character has no chance, and to debunk anything positive about what the character can offer to Smash Bros?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I just want to say sorry for disturbing the piece of the thread, but the reason why I was so ticked off by that point was the guy wasn’t really saying anything new about Soras chances that could have an effect on him in Smash. He was echoing everything else that the rest of the Internet had to say about Sora in Smash by that point.

Also, it didn’t help that he was a detractor on a character support thread. For a while he was back and forth and debunking anything in Sora’s favor. Why come over here just to say a character has no chance, and to debunk anything positive about what the character can offer to Smash Bros?
I can honestly say that a character support thread that doesn't have anyone having a different belief is kind of a bad thing. People way overhype themselves sometimes to the point of being so disappointed they cause actual drama on these forums. Having a difference in opinion is just healthy debate-wise. Now, not everything he said was the best thing to say either, but having different viewpoints creates constructive discussion.

Honestly, having no discussion is even worse. I have a small amount of support for my favorite character, Brian, but very little discussion. We all know he's severely unlikely, but nobody even mentions that. There's little moveset discussion or what content from Quest 64 they want in. Negative opinions of a franchise/character are absolutely fine anyway. It's bashing that isn't. The user was bashing no one(bar the fanbase a little) and doesn't believe Nintendo and Disney would play ball due to his view on non-game content being in. This is actually a point to consider. Some consider the Disney stuff really important to KH, while others consider it optional. I used to think the Disney content had to be in, but I learned(probably from this thread) how it's more optional instead. Even Disney well approved it having pure KH content in stuff, all created by SE. It's not an issue either, but we don't know how Sakurai and Nintendo will feel. And there's stuff like licensing costs. All it's proven is that Sora is not easy to get in, not that he's impossible. Not everyone believes he is possible, and his reasons aren't really all that invalid(though it's pointless to mention the idea non-game characters will be playable, as we got non-game references within Smash already. It hasn't lead to a playable non-game character and never will. If we get a non-game playable character, it will be because Sakurai wants them in first and foremost. Or the new director. The rest is purely negotiations.)

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
As cool as it would be for Sora to get in, his ownership by Disney and our rules against non-video game properties really makes it awkward. From what I can see about our definition of "video game characters," apparently they have to be owned by a video game developer, and Disney is more of a film studio. Their gaming division Disney Interactive has been closed down in 2016. I don't want to bash anyone for wanting Sora in, but we had once temporarily allowed a Goku thread and everyone started bashing it to the point where it had to be closed down. I had once made a Starkiller thread, and it got bashed and closed down, making it clear that Star Wars video game characters cannot get their own threads even if they originated in a video game and never made a movie appearance. It would be easier for me to support Sora if the rule about non-gaming brands was taken out. The references to other media such as the Pokémon anime, Captain N, and Final Fantasy Advent Children are there because copyright holders of the source material own the derivative works. The Pokémon anime and Captain N is owned by Nintendo while Final Fantasy Advent Children is owned by Square Enix. So Sora's ties to Disney makes him more like Goku in his "video game character" status. If Sakurai really only want video game characters in Smash, he probably wouldn't go near Disney. Nintendo and Disney has worked together for Disney games on Nintendo consoles, but that argument could be used for a lot of forbidden characters.

Anyway, I just got my PS4 and I'm playing a lot of Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5 HD Remix. I pre-ordered Kingdom Hearts III. Even if I am against the idea of Sora for Smash and even want Goku to come in first, I'll always be a Kingdom Hearts fan. Otherwise, I probably wouldn't have got my PS4. Kingdom Hearts is my childhood, just like Pokémon and Crash Bandicoot. Kingdom Hearts has been an inspiration for my own novels. I don't like having to be so against one of my favorite characters getting into Smash. It's gotten to the point where I'm bashing people in YouTube comments for wanting Sora in. If we want to support a character's chances and it's already looking like everyone and everything can be in Smash at this point with a few characters Sakurai said wouldn't be playable like Ridley becoming playable and a lot of Assist Trophies and deconfirmed characters still having threads, I think we should abolish the non-video game character rule. Because it really makes supporting a Disney character very awkward for me. We might only have four DLC characters left, but there's a possibility that one of those characters can come out of the left field and turn out to be Harry Potter. And it can be fun to speculate newcomers for Smash 6. Our rule is just causing a lot of people to dismiss a lot of characters as silly. And the rule was a response to Smash 4's fighter ballot that told us to only vote for video game characters. Since Sakurai has told us to stop requesting characters, all we're doing now is predicting. And with the roster we have so far, we should expect the unexpected.

Anyway, since Sora's inclusion would require Disney's involvement, wouldn't it be cool to have Trinity Limit as his Final Smash with Donald Duck and Goofy there performing the limit from Kingdom Hearts II?

Top Bottom