• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sora Unlocks the Door! The Sora Social Thread

Sora's chances of getting in?

• Total voters

NoobKemo

Smash Rookie
If a square character was announced and it wasn’t Sora it’s still possible for Sora to be in because he is legally owned by Disney so he would be a rep for Disney.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
If a square character was announced and it wasn’t Sora it’s still possible for Sora to be in because he is legally owned by Disney so he would be a rep for Disney.
yes but square rep is a term used by fans so people think its possible that as the square rep rumour came from a fan that could be sora even if sora isnt square

Starblax

Smash Apprentice
Actually Erdick is likely to be the Square DLC character. Not because of Xenother or Hitagi but a leak on Persona Central that talked about Erdick in Smash and said Persona 5 arena was delayed due to work on a Gran Blu fighting game over at Arc Systems and that was announced yesterday so it's pretty credible.
Well remember when the ERSB leaker gave us the entire roster of Smash 4 and then came up with some random characters to be DLC? We all thought that was likely because "oh yeah that makes sense."

Think of it like this: We haven't even seen Joker's model yet. How the hell is this guy gonna know who the next character is, let alone parts of moveset or stage or that it was achieved on Square's part? You don't have to not believe in Erdrick coming, but I'd remain skeptical.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Well remember when the ERSB leaker gave us the entire roster of Smash 4 and then came up with some random characters to be DLC? We all thought that was likely because "oh yeah that makes sense."

Think of it like this: We haven't even seen Joker's model yet. How the hell is this guy gonna know who the next character is, let alone parts of moveset or stage or that it was achieved on Square's part? You don't have to not believe in Erdrick coming, but I'd remain skeptical.
Well this was the same leak though not a separate leak like what the ESRB guy did, and while we haven't seen Joker's model the DLC is already decided so some people do know who the characters are. If it was some random person calling Erdick and nothing else then I wouldn't put any stock into this but the Arc System game they got in the same leak shows they have some legitimate information which makes Erdick the single most likely character at the moment.

Starblax

Smash Apprentice
Well this was the same leak though not a separate leak like what the ESRB guy did, and while we haven't seen Joker's model the DLC is already decided so some people do know who the characters are. If it was some random person calling Erdick and nothing else then I wouldn't put any stock into this but the Arc System game they got in the same leak shows they have some legitimate information which makes Erdick the single most likely character at the moment.
Hmmm perhaps you've gotten a point there. I heard from someone this guy previously leaked Steve, Rayman, and Heihachi, but I'm not sure if that's true. Either way, don't put all your faith in it.

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
With Sora broken beyond all belief, It looks like there is only one other person who can save us all now.

ferioku

Smash Ace
Massive MAAASSIVE Kingdom Hearts fan and I honestly think he desrves to be in the game! I always refrained from supporting him because I never thought that he could ever make it as a playable character, but since Joker seems to be squeezing his way into Ultimate, then why the hell not?

I'm in!

Starblax

Smash Apprentice
No news, but I’ve talked with people on the SE thread, and unlike characters like Geno, Sora isn’t completely dead in the water if someone like Erdrick gets in due to his Disney properties. Funny how that is his biggest hinderance, but it’s also what’s keeping his chances in check.

It’s not much but at least it’s something to hold onto. Also that recent trailer was pffffff oh lord

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman
No news, but I’ve talked with people on the SE thread, and unlike characters like Geno, Sora isn’t completely dead in the water if someone like Erdrick gets in due to his Disney properties. Funny how that is his biggest hinderance, but it’s also what’s keeping his chances in check.

It’s not much but at least it’s something to hold onto. Also that recent trailer was pffffff oh lord
Honestly though both Kingdom Hearts and Dragon Quest are liscence nightmares.
Dragon Quest has 4 companies behind it and the composer is the same dude that only allowed 2 Final Fantasy songs in smash
Kingdom hearts only has to go though Disney and Square and the composer is already working on smash so I doubt they would have a problem sharing there music.
So logically speaking if Disney is easier to get through than the DQ companies then I'd see Sora taking a Dlc spot

It I see also highly possible they could both make it into the game although they might play similarly.

Starblax

Smash Apprentice
I just say so because in all technicality, Sora would be a Disney rep, not a Square one.

I heard someone say Nintendo has to show interest and then Square, Disney, and Nintendo talk it over which seeing as how all of them have separately worked together, I think it's not as impossible as people say it is. The only problem now is that Nintendo's working with Universal so who knows about that.

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
I just say so because in all technicality, Sora would be a Disney rep, not a Square one.

I heard someone say Nintendo has to show interest and then Square, Disney, and Nintendo talk it over which seeing as how all of them have separately worked together, I think it's not as impossible as people say it is. The only problem now is that Nintendo's working with Universal so who knows about that.
That isn't a problem since that doesn't stop Nintendo and Disney from working with eachother. Point in case: https://youtu.be/REC7daXbjho
It's VERY scary how this article isn't common knowledge to #Sora4smash supporters. The Universal partnership isn't a spit in the face to Disney.

Last edited:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
I made a Sora moveset and I just wanna toss it in here.

Specials:

Sora has an MP gauge near his damage meter. He has 100 MP total. Using specials will consume MP. When MP us depleted, the gauge will go into MP charge, taking 12 seconds to refill. Magic cannot be used during MP charge. If you deal or take damage (MP rage), the gauge will charge faster. Dealing and taking damage with a partially depleted MP gauge will also refill MP.

Neutral Special: Magic
Holding the B button will "open up Sora's magic menu". Sora will charge up the strength of the magic command the longer you hold the B button, building up to -ara and -aga forms of the spell.
Releasing the B button will cast a magic spell, depending on which direction of the control stick you are holding when you release.
-Neutral release: Fire. Sora will cast fireballs to circle around him, ala Kingdom Hearts 2
-Side release: Blizzard. Sora shoots an ice chunk forward.
-Up release: Thunder. Sora will point his keyblade up and cast Thunder to strike in front of him. Thundara and Thundaga will cast two and three lightning bolts respectively.
-Down Release: Aero. Sora will cast a gust of wind around him to push enemies away. Something akin to Cloud's Finishing Touch with more emphasis on windbox.
Base magic spells will cost 10 MP. -ara Spells will cost 20 MP. -aga Spells will cost 30 MP

Side Special: Strike Raid
Sora will throw his keyblade, which will then teleport back to him after some distance. If Sora lands a hit, Strike raid will begin to build a charge, dealing more damage the more consecutive hits you land (similar to the Mario Boomerang item). At the 5th consecutive hit, Sora will then perform the finisher, Judgement. Consumes no MP.

Up Special: Flowmotion.
Sora will take a massive leap, glowing a purple aura while ascending. If Sora makes contact with an enemy while glowing, he will latch on to them and spin around them 3 times. While latched on, you can flick to any of four directions to launch the enemy. Throwing the enemy down will meteor.
While latched on, the more times Sora spins around an enemy, the further he will launch them. However, if no action is taken after the third spin, Sora will let go and go into free fall. Successfully launching an enemy will let Sora perform his Up Special again.

Down Special: Reflect.
Sora will cast Reflect, where a dome of light envelops him. This will reflect projectiles and counter melee attacks. After it guards an attack, it will shoot out beams of light around the dome in 8 directions, dealing damage. Reflect consumes 30 MP. If MP Gauge is charging, Sora will simply perform Guard instead, blocking one attack.

Final Smash: Eternal Session
Sora will perform Magnet in front of him. Anyone caught in the spell is trapped in the Final Smash. Sora then summons Riku to perform his Limit, Session. The attack starts with *Last Saber*, where Sora and Riku perform a flurry of stabs. The attack then shifts to *XIII Blades* where they attack with a series of energy swords. The Final Smash ends with *All's End* where Sora and Riku throw their key blades into the air. The two weapons fire beams of light and dark energy at each other with the enemy fighters caught in the middle.

Just the specials for now. I want to go further and investigate what would be good for his standard attacks and aerials.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I've never played a Kingdom Hearts game before now, but I got Kingdom Hearts the story so far for Christmas and I just started it today. I just beat the giant heartless in traverse town and got Donald and Goofy in the party, so I'm still in the beginning. I don't know anything about the series past where I am except that there's a character named Roxas and there's a Sephiroth boss fight that's balls hard. So far it's just been "Mash x: the game" and I lost the race to Riku so I didn't get to name the ship "Geno" (I thought it'd be funny), but I'm very much enjoying it so far and I'm assuming the combat gets deeper. Right now Geno and Sephiroth are my two most wanted square characters respectively, but if everything I've heard about Kingdom Hearts is true then I bet Sora will be gunning for those spots before long.

TheFVguy

Smash Apprentice
I'll be honest, I have doubts for Sora to show in Smash, but as someone who's loves Kingdom Hearts, put me in that support list.
Let's do this simple and clean, let's go!!!1

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Well next week might be a good time to get our nintendo direct of every January (around the 10th or friday 11th as the earliest date, if not, then definitely the week after). Crossing fingers for Sora here.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I won’t exactly count on it, since we haven’t even gotten Joker gameplay yet, but let’s just wait.
I don't think each character depends on another tho, and they definitely are going with non gameplay reveals to push the season pass sales the earliest possible (it seems to me anyway, otherwise they wouldn't have revealed joker yet at all). God knows people are buying it already just for knowing joker is in, so gameplay isn't really needed to reveal a character if the character alone being in smash already makes people buy it, specially since the majority of playerbase are casual players.

Last edited:

Jboy1010

Smash Cadet
I just came to this thread and I already like it... people here Seem to know that Sora is a Disney rep and not a SE rep. Meaning he doesn’t have to compete with erdrick.

I’ve seen far too many people lump them in as Competition or treat sora as a SE repwhen conveninent to their argument

May I ask where you heard Nintendo takin interest in Disney?

Jboy1010

Smash Cadet

Starblax

Smash Apprentice
so getting into some datamine territory, I think it's pretty possible for Sora to be the next DLC character.

You might know already that Brave's stats have been found, but someone managed to hack them onto Ike. A tad shorter than Luigi, pretty nimble, and he slides whenever he turns around. Now don't get me wrong this could still be someone like Erdrick or Slime or someone else, but, it seems like it could very well be Sora just based on those stats alone. Putting a trailer out for him now might help support KH3, or promote it, as everyone thinks is required of the character.

Either way, it's very interesting stuff.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
The only thing that makes me know it might not be Sora is that the Datamined character doesn't walljump.

Also I don't recall any occasion where Sora slides when turning around.

Jboy1010

Smash Cadet
The only thing that makes me know it might not be Sora is that the Datamined character doesn't walljump.

Also I don't recall any occasion where Sora slides when turning around.
Luigi is able to walljump in Mario games but not in smash

Also in KH1 Sora is able to do a sliding dash, in which he he spins a round on his keyblade and slides into the opponent

so getting into some datamine territory, I think it's pretty possible for Sora to be the next DLC character.

You might know already that Brave's stats have been found, but someone managed to hack them onto Ike. A tad shorter than Luigi, pretty nimble, and he slides whenever he turns around. Now don't get me wrong this could still be someone like Erdrick or Slime or someone else, but, it seems like it could very well be Sora just based on those stats alone. Putting a trailer out for him now might help support KH3, or promote it, as everyone thinks is required of the character.

Also, where was this mod you talked about?

Last edited:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Luigi is able to walljump in Mario games but not in smash

Also in KH1 Sora is able to do a sliding dash, in which he he spins a round on his keyblade and slides into the opponent
I guess if we avoid pulling a moveset from DDD and 3 we can probably go without a walljump. In that case it throws Flowmotion in my moveset speculation out the window.

I don't understand the criteria for receiving a walljump. Especially since Little Mac and Mewtwo have it.
and I get that Joker is supposed to be nimble but he doesn't particularly perform wall jumps in game. At most he just kind of vaults over walls.

Jboy1010

Smash Cadet

I guess if we avoid pulling a moveset from DDD and 3 we can probably go without a walljump. In that case it throws Flowmotion in my moveset speculation out the window.

I don't understand the criteria for receiving a walljump. Especially since Little Mac and Mewtwo have it.
and I get that Joker is supposed to be nimble but he doesn't particularly perform wall jumps in game. At most he just kind of vaults over walls.
Well a walljump can still be possible, just via Flowmotion specifically when Up-B is used

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman
I just came to this thread and I already like it... people here Seem to know that Sora is a Disney rep and not a SE rep. Meaning he doesn’t have to compete with erdrick.
I understand that Sora is owned by Disney but my concern is that Sora and Erdrick would play to similarly. Both wielding swords and magics. I think that if Erdrick gets in Siras chances drop significantly.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I understand that Sora is owned by Disney but my concern is that Sora and Erdrick would play to similarly. Both wielding swords and magics. I think that if Erdrick gets in Siras chances drop significantly.
The problem with this thought process is that just having a sword and magic means nothing. If that were true then neither are getting in due to Robin. Unless Sakurai views Erdrick as spinning around in Sora characteristic approach to combat I don't think moveset wise there will be a conflict.

Jboy1010

Smash Cadet
That’s like saying Robin, Sora and erdrick will all play similarly... which isn’t true

Someone programmed the stats of “brave” onto Ike... surprisingly Nimble (though a lot of SE characters and other characters are): https://mobile.twitter.com/_Mizumi/status/1082674700810182657

Top Bottom