• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sora Unlocks the Door! The Sora Social Thread

Sora's chances of getting in?

• Total voters

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
After thinking about it some more...if Sora got in, he'd probably be as light as Sephiroth, if not slightly lighter. He can get launched pretty far by enemies in most of the KH games he's playable in.
I fully expect it, honestly. Not a fast character, but a combo heavy one that's easy to launch.

Also:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
I fully expect it, honestly. Not a fast character, but a combo heavy one that's easy to launch.

Also:
Oh, hey, that's cool!

DuskFleur

Smash Apprentice
I had a random epiphany when thinking about hypothetically, if Sora is revealed as the last DLC character. Again, this is completely hypothetical and I don't think it has anything to do with his chances, I just think that if it DOES end up being the case, it'd be hilarious.

Counting the Aegis sisters as separate characters, and also including Piranha Plant as one of the DLC characters despite not being a part of any of the fighter passes, if Sora is confirmed as the final DLC character, that would make him the 13th overall DLC character in Ultimate. And what version update would he consequently be included in as a result? 13.0.

Again, this is all completely hypothetical and I don't think such thematics affect his chances, but I still think that it's a funny idea.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
I had a random epiphany when thinking about hypothetically, if Sora is revealed as the last DLC character. Again, this is completely hypothetical and I don't think it has anything to do with his chances, I just think that if it DOES end up being the case, it'd be hilarious.

Counting the Aegis sisters as separate characters, and also including Piranha Plant as one of the DLC characters despite not being a part of any of the fighter passes, if Sora is confirmed as the final DLC character, that would make him the 13th overall DLC character in Ultimate. And what version update would he consequently be included in as a result? 13.0.

Again, this is all completely hypothetical and I don't think such thematics affect his chances, but I still think that it's a funny idea.
Dude...I guess KH and big-brain moves are never far behind. That'd bring the overall count of DLC characters to:
  1. :ultpiranha:
  2. :ultjoker:
  3. :ulthero:
  4. :ultbanjokazooie:
  5. :ult_terry:
  6. :ultbyleth:
  7. :ultminmin
  8. :ultsteve:
  9. :ultsephiroth:
  10. :ultpyra:
  11. Mythra
  12. Whoever the hell CP10 is
  13. Sora

Last edited:

DuskFleur

Smash Apprentice
I support Sora for Smash! Kingdom Hearts was one of my childhood games I played on the Playstation!
Same here! As a kid, I played the first KH game on my PS2 after my parents bought it for me, saying that they heard it was a Disney game, so obviously as a Disney kid that hooked my interest. Boy, were we not expecting what was in store; the Dive to the Heart tutorial scared me ****less. I pressed on regardless, and I got addicted to the series ever since.
Another fun memory was when I got KH2 as a summer vacation present after I beat the first game. I don’t remember if I had Chain of Memories or not at the time (I think my brother was playing it instead but I thought it was just an unimportant spin off?) but I was stupidly confused either way during the prologue and questioning who everyone was. Took a while for me to find out the full context.

Clumsyzephyr

Smash Journeyman
I first experienced Kingdom Hearts at a friend's house one day after school, I remember thinking that it looked like a real time FF game. I wasn't aware it was also an FF crossover when I saw him play it. I was so interested in it that I ended up getting my own copy not long after, and while I took a long break after 2 up until not too long ago, I've still kept my strong love for the series.

DuskFleur

Smash Apprentice
I was thinking about how a hypothetical Sora trailer would go… could it begin right where Sephiroth’s left off? Have Cloud on the ropes, everyone else beaten down…and then Sora swoops in to save them? Idk, just a thought.

Another thing: would Sora have English voice acting? I mean, would they keep him Japanese for consistency with the other Square Enix characters (particularly Cloud and Sephiroth), or would he have an English voice regardless? One idea I had would be including an update patch including English voices for Cloud and Sephiroth in order to coincide with Sora. But whether Cloud and Sephiroth would have their Kingdom Hearts II / Advent voices or their Remake voices is another story, especially because Cloud’s original VA (Steve Burton) couldn’t be contracted for Smash before due to VA union contract stuff.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
I was thinking about how a hypothetical Sora trailer would go… could it begin right where Sephiroth’s left off? Have Cloud on the ropes, everyone else beaten down…and then Sora swoops in to save them? Idk, just a thought.

Another thing: would Sora have English voice acting? I mean, would they keep him Japanese for consistency with the other Square Enix characters (particularly Cloud and Sephiroth), or would he have an English voice regardless? One idea I had would be including an update patch including English voices for Cloud and Sephiroth in order to coincide with Sora. But whether Cloud and Sephiroth would have their Kingdom Hearts II / Advent voices or their Remake voices is another story, especially because Cloud’s original VA (Steve Burton) couldn’t be contracted for Smash before due to VA union contract stuff.
I was thinking they could pull Sora's English quotes from KH3.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
i imagine itd start with DK, diddy, k.rool and B&K relaxing to the point of boredom. and then suddenly the hear something and race to the window and see a silhouette of a spiky haired figure. and then its edrick who proceeds to laugh at them. then he gets knocked away by a giant key and then it pulls back to reveal sora

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
i imagine itd start with DK, diddy, k.rool and B&K relaxing to the point of boredom. and then suddenly the hear something and race to the window and see a silhouette of a spiky haired figure. and then its edrick who proceeds to laugh at them. then he gets knocked away by a giant key and then it pulls back to reveal sora
That kind of trailer would work for Conker or Dixie Kong, but K. Rool and Banjo-Kazooie are connected to DK and Diddy because they're all Rare characters. (and their series coexisted before the buy-out, going by Diddy Kong Racing) Sora doesn't have anything to do with them.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
That kind of trailer would work for Conker or Dixie Kong, but K. Rool and Banjo-Kazooie are connected to DK and Diddy because they're all Rare characters. (and their series coexisted before the buy-out, going by Diddy Kong Racing) Sora doesn't have anything to do with them.
im sorry i thought it was obviously a joke but i guess not

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
im sorry i thought it was obviously a joke but i guess not
Haha I probably tend to take things too seriously. (plus, given the amount of times I've seen people guess that a trailer's going to continue off of a previous one, even if the characters aren't connected, I though that was happening here)

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Haha I probably tend to take things too seriously. (plus, given the amount of times I've seen people guess that a trailer's going to continue off of a previous one, even if the characters aren't connected, I though that was happening here)
well I never use emojis so I guess it’s not always clear when I’m joking

DuskFleur

Smash Apprentice
What are some random details/references you’d like to see with Sora, if he was hypothetically included? Like, what would you want his boxing ring title to be, and other inconsequential details like that?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
What are some random details/references you’d like to see with Sora, if he was hypothetically included? Like, what would you want his boxing ring title to be, and other inconsequential details like that?
perhaps for the boxing ring he could borrow roxas' title "the key of destiny"

Perkilator

Smash Legend
I think his Boxing Ring title should be "Guardian of Light". I know it's pretty generic but I couldn't think of anything else that sounded good.

As for other details? This a pretty low bar, but I want Sakurai to go full ham with KH sounds effects for Sora's attacks (namely his Kingdom Key making the sound it makes when it hits an enemy).

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
What about his battle stance? Do you want it like in the KH games and have him crouched a little or like shulk where he’s in his walking animation most of the time?

DuskFleur

Smash Apprentice
People in the general speculation thread are discussing the Castlevania Netflix show, and how it’s getting a sequel/spinoff starring Richter.
That actually reminded me of something; Kingdom Hearts was actually going to get a TV show way back when the first game came out! No, really!

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
People in the general speculation thread are discussing the Castlevania Netflix show, and how it’s getting a sequel/spinoff starring Richter.
That actually reminded me of something; Kingdom Hearts was actually going to get a TV show way back when the first game came out! No, really!
i think thats come up a few times before

DuskFleur

Smash Apprentice
I wonder if Roxas would be an echo fighter of Sora, hypothetically… I mean, I know that his dual wielding is his major play style in recent times, but he still controls just like a Sora substitute in KH2’s prologue and in Days.

…have one of Roxas’s taunts be eating some sea salt ice cream. Make it like Steve’s beef taunt and he can just munch on it endlessly.

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
I wonder if Roxas would be an echo fighter of Sora, hypothetically… I mean, I know that his dual wielding is his major play style in recent times, but he still controls just like a Sora substitute in KH2’s prologue and in Days.

…have one of Roxas’s taunts be eating some sea salt ice cream. Make it like Steve’s beef taunt and he can just munch on it endlessly.
I wonder about that myself. After all, he's most well known for his ability to dual wield.
There's also the fact that Roxas could Dual Wield in KH3 despite it going against previously established lore from the Ultimanias. Y'know, a single keyblade for a single heart, and all that.
Assuming Sora would just use the single keyblade, Maybe Roxas would just Have the same Specials and his standard tilts and smash attacks would just be varients of Sora's regular moveset.

GhostRoy

Smash Apprentice
Grand Rapids, MI United States of America
NNID
RoyUchiha

I say it could work as an alt as we have other character alts in the game who shouldn't play "exactly" the same way as the original such as bowser jr, hero, steve(enderman/zombie??)

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
What do you guys think of Pirates of the Caribbean coming to Sea of Thieves? Makes the whole argument of Disney not letting their own IPs crossover with other video games pretty pointless now.
The Pirates of the Carribean LittleBigPlanet DLC didn't do that, I don't see this changing people's minds either.

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
What do you guys think of Pirates of the Caribbean coming to Sea of Thieves? Makes the whole argument of Disney not letting their own IPs crossover with other video games pretty pointless now.
"That's my secret cap, it's always been pointless."
- probably someone using that argument somewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
There's also the fact that Roxas could Dual Wield in KH3 despite it going against previously established lore from the Ultimanias. Y'know, a single keyblade for a single heart, and all that.
i was beginning to think i was the only one who noticed

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Just some common sense here.

Top Bottom