• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sora Unlocks the Door! The Sora Social Thread

Sora's chances of getting in?

• Total voters

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
Ansem Seeker of Darkness, Xemnas, Old Xehanort, Young Xehanort, Vanitas, Xigbar, Saix, Luxord, Larxene, edit: Marluxia, and Aqua. That's 11 members of the New Organization XIII. I wonder who the other 2 will be.

Last edited:

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
They’re yellow in the Japanese version of the third E3 trailer. There’s an extra scene at 2:24 that displays this.
Why the hell was this not in the English trailer? Also he and Larxene were traitors, why are they still in? And how is this gonna connect to him being a Dandelion?

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Why the hell was this not in the English trailer? Also he and Larxene were traitors, why are they still in? And how is this gonna connect to him being a Dandelion?
Don't assume Aqua is part of it just yet. Kingdom Hearts is a very context-senstitive series, and there's always the chance this could be a marketing ploy.

As for Disney worlds, that means we have
1. Mount Olympus (Hercules)
2. Kingdom of Corona (Tangled)
3. San Fransokyo (Big Hero 6)
4. Toy Box (Toy Story)
5. Monstropolis (Monsters, Inc.)
6. Arendelle (Frozen)
7. The Caribbean (Pirates of the Caribbean)

I'm thinking we'll get three more. What will they be?

I can see another Princess world - either Brave or Princess and the Frog.
There was a leaked world list that may have confirmed 100 Acre Wood's return.
And there's usually a curveball world - maybe we could see The Emperor's New Groove. Or it could be a proper Lilo & Stitch world. So many possibilities.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
I would lose my mind if we got Emperor's New Groove. Though I'm also a huge Pixar fanboy so I'd really hope at least one of Brave, Wall-E, Finding Nemo, or The Incredibles would show up.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I still don't quite think Aqua is a Xehanort I do wonder who else is in the organization. While I love the original 13 with all my heart I do hope at least a few left are members we straight up didn't see happening. How messed up would it be if Xion turned out to be one. Or since they travel through time Xehanort captures and converts Yen Sid and we see the moment the last Xehanort is created and that's why Mickey had that Keyblade we saw (unless that was Riku's with a different keychain). Also though it may seem hypocritical to mention after saying I want members outside of the original members Demyx better come back. Man the visual details are insane too like Sora's pirate outfit has a gold tooth and in the trailer, you can see the knuckle bones from his fist. Also the more we see of the gameplay god the more fun it looks. I can't wait to play it myself. I'm a pretty patient guy so the 5 year wait hasn't bothered me but after this E3 just the few months left seem agonizing.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
and just the other day i was wondering how a live action world would look in kingdom hearts 3, hope we have a davy jones boss fight

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
Don't assume Aqua is part of it just yet. Kingdom Hearts is a very context-senstitive series, and there's always the chance this could be a marketing ploy.

As for Disney worlds, that means we have
1. Mount Olympus (Hercules)
2. Kingdom of Corona (Tangled)
3. San Fransokyo (Big Hero 6)
4. Toy Box (Toy Story)
5. Monstropolis (Monsters, Inc.)
6. Arendelle (Frozen)
7. The Caribbean (Pirates of the Caribbean)

I'm thinking we'll get three more. What will they be?

I can see another Princess world - either Brave or Princess and the Frog.
There was a leaked world list that may have confirmed 100 Acre Wood's return.
And there's usually a curveball world - maybe we could see The Emperor's New Groove. Or it could be a proper Lilo & Stitch world. So many possibilities.
I'm guessing Agrabah, Wonderland (Tim Burton Version), and Gravity Falls.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Good news: after ZeRo won the invitational, he promoted the idea of Sora playable in Smash Ultimate:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

So even if Sora is not in the base game, you can still bet demand for Sora will remain consistently immensely high during the DLC period.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Excellent. ZeRo strikes me as the kind of person whom, when he speaks, people listen. That said, it's nice to have a high-profile gamer supporting Sora.

[EDIT] I think I'll add that tweet to the OP.

Last edited:

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman
We saw Sora at all the big consoles he's got to be jumping on the switch bandwagon, whether that is as a smash character or a port of his games or both (please both). I feel like he has such a big presents now as a character so maybe Nintendo has noticed and he'll come along for a Smash bash (please don't make him an assist trophy like Bomberman).

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
Well, I'm still gunning for Sora joining Smash Bros. and recently we received confirmation that Disney isn't against this idea at all! We also received undeniable confirmation that Disney owns 100% of the rights to Sora, so the fear of Nintendo having to pay 2 companies for the character can be thrown right out the window! To anybody who supports #Sora4smash or even thinks this would be a cool inclusion, this is now your chance! It's too late for him to join the vanilla version of SSBU, but in the event that they bring back DLC for highly requested characters, you can let Disney, Square Enix, Nintendo, and/or Sora Ltd. know ahead of time that we want our boy to join the roster!

Confirmation comes in the way of this video where the youtuber explains his interview with a representative from Disney. Feel free to watch the whole thing if you'd like:
https://youtu.be/CV76QegRezE?t=5m45s

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
we didnt need confirmation every game said the copyright belonged to disney if any part of sora belong to sora it would have said so

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
we didnt need confirmation every game said the copyright belonged to disney if any part of sora belong to sora it would have said so
You'd think it were that simple until you actually learn that next to nobody knows this. Mainly because of the fact that the games are developed by SE, they think they own a portion of the series. Either that or they think that Disney owns the franchise, but somehow splits the character rights for Sora with SE.

With this being the majority opinion, it's better to clear the air so everybody knows that "Sora can't join because Nintendo would have to pay two companies for the rights" isn't a valid argument against his inclusion.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
In a perfect world we would get Sora playable with....lots of echo characters haha

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
You'd think it were that simple until you actually learn that next to nobody knows this. Mainly because of the fact that the games are developed by SE, they think they own a portion of the series. Either that or they think that Disney owns the franchise, but somehow splits the character rights for Sora with SE.

With this being the majority opinion, it's better to clear the air so everybody knows that "Sora can't join because Nintendo would have to pay two companies for the rights" isn't a valid argument against his inclusion.
people and their misconceptions

Marshall13

Smash Rookie
Does anyone plan on doing any tournaments I have only found one in the traverse city area please help

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
I personally do not think Aqua is a Nort for a variety of reasons. But since I am in a rush, heres my guesses for the last three norts.

TerraXehanort
Demyx
Sora's Heartless

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
https://gonintendo.com/stories/311590-nintendo-and-disney-team-up-for-a-switch-focused-tv-show

- show is named "Nintendo Switch Family Showdown"
- set to debut this Summer
- show features four families competing against each other by playing a variety of Switch games
- examples are "finding collectibles in 'Super Mario Odyssey,' matches in 'Mario Tennis Aces' & dance-offs in 'Just Dance 2018'
- available on Disney Channel and Disney XD, as well as the DisneyNOW app
Disney and Nintendo have a very strong relationship at this point.

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
I personally do not think Aqua is a Nort for a variety of reasons. But since I am in a rush, heres my guesses for the last three norts.

TerraXehanort
Demyx
Sora's Heartless
I saw a video predicting all of the Seekers of the Darkness and the last one he predicted was Ansem The Wise, and the idea stuck with me ever since.

lltacx

Smash Journeyman
I support Sora, doing a KH marathon atm after not playing for years and it makes me love the character all over again. Hope that he gets his KH2 (or 3) design though and not young Sora

Takasmash

Smash Ace
I could see Sora as a DLC character and I want Sora in smash ultimate. My heart says Sora will never be in smash I know but I dont care.

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
Guys, guess what?

The full version of Chikai (The Japanese Version of Don't Think Twice) has been uploaded to Youtube!

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I support Sora, doing a KH marathon atm after not playing for years and it makes me love the character all over again. Hope that he gets his KH2 (or 3) design though and not young Sora
Me too mate. KH2 Sora is the best Sora and I'd be pretty sad if he came in as clown Sora.

Top Bottom