• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sora Unlocks the Door! The Sora Social Thread

Sora's chances of getting in?

• Total voters

Starlight Liger

Smash Journeyman
In anycases, another question, what do you guys thinks will happens in the Disney + incoming KH series? It's apparently a KH1 retelling, I'm just curious on what they'll do for Tarzan's world and the FF cameo.
Will we get Cloud vs Sora in Glorious HD?
Do you expect someone more Kidlike or following the main tone of the game.
My guess is that it's going to be a canon alternate retelling of the Kingdom Hearts franchise that samples all the important story beats of all the Kingdom Hearts games that are part of the Xehanort saga. I don't expect any Final Fantasy characters nor do I expect Tarzan for rights reasons.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
My guess is that it's going to be a canon alternate retelling of the Kingdom Hearts franchise that samples all the important story beats of all the Kingdom Hearts games that are part of the Xehanort saga. I don't expect any Final Fantasy characters nor do I expect Tarzan for rights reasons.
rights reasons might what keeps most of the disney characters out

Powerman293

Smash Ace
Here's an idea for a gimmick for Sora. Reaction commands. The way it would work is kind of similar to Kirby's Neutral B in that different characters have different reaction commands. But instead of making a unique one for every character, there's like 10 distributed around the whole cast. And there's only one reaction command Sora can activate against a character out of the ten.

And these reaction commands would only be for specific moves as well. So something like Reversal could be used against chargeable melee specials like DK Punch.

It would give Sora some extra utility in certain match ups and also allow for some hype moments.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Question: what would be Sora's weight, by Smash metric?
Never mind; I figured it’d be between Chrom and Cloud.

Anyways, here’s yet another argument in favor of Sora for people who only naysay him:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Why would SE be the ones objecting to no Disney content in the proposal?

ganondorf_22

Smash Journeyman
I think it's the right call to not include Sora if he doesn't get any disney representation to him. However, I think just including Donald and Goofy to his taunts and/or moves should be good enough. Disney should allow that.

Oh, might Sora be able to do moves inspired by the disney environments he's been in, though? (Ones that are relevant to his games?) I think that should be fair game to do without needing any extra permissions.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I think it's the right call to not include Sora if he doesn't get any disney representation to him. However, I think just including Donald and Goofy to his taunts and/or moves should be good enough. Disney should allow that.

Oh, might Sora be able to do moves inspired by the disney environments he's been in, though? (Ones that are relevant to his games?) I think that should be fair game to do without needing any extra permissions.
donald and goofy may cost more than sora

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

He doesn’t really have Disney inspired moves outside of teaming up with Disney characters for limits, summons, action commands and the like. Closest thing would be attraction flow which are based on Disneyland rides but don't really pertain to the worlds he visits and would probably translate poorly to Smash.

Wings000

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-7648-2024-2417
Sora doesn't have a lot of Disney with him in the first place. If you were to make a moveset for him the absolute most you would include with him is Donald and Goofy.

I'm 90% sure if the rule is "No Disney" you can still make a good moveset for him just using the actual game.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

This should be a pinned comment because Im sick of saying it
Sora doesnt need any disney stuff when he has tons of original content

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I think the Disney+ series will be some sort of spin-off, because of course. The Disney+ Marvel series are tied into the MCU, so who's to say the KH series won't do the same for the games as well? And include some detail that becomes crucial later.

Not to say they'd use any Disney characters for it, but it's still KH even if only the KH-original characters are involved.

This should be a pinned comment because Im sick of saying it
Sora doesnt need any disney stuff when he has tons of original content
What's the point? Most of the time, the only way people get convinced of any hypothetical is when it does/doesn't happen. I'm not even going to bother arguing over this issue anymore.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Been replaying KH3 on critical and just beat the main game, which means I'm ever closer to having the DLC bosses rip me a new one. That makes me think a good legend spirit for a KH board would be one of the series superbosses.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Been replaying KH3 on critical and just beat the main game, which means I'm ever over to having the DLC bosses rip me a new one. That makes me think a good legend spirit for a KH board would be one of the series superbosses.
well sephiroth and julius would require extra licencing so maybe yozora?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Been replaying KH3 on critical and just beat the main game, which means I'm ever over to having the DLC bosses rip me a new one. That makes me think a good legend spirit for a KH board would be one of the series superbosses.
Kurt Zisa would be pretty cool to have, but I'd settle for the Phantom if the former didn't pan out somehow.

Powerman293

Smash Ace
Whenever I see Sora movesets, I hardly any stuff from 3 specifically except Grand Magic and the occasional Flowmotion up special.

IMO Last Charge should be his FSmash.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Man, people will take any chance they can to rule Sora out, won't they?
That thing they mentioned regarding Disney didn't even happen like that; it was purely speculation and not actual fact!

This is straight-up misinformation!

Bobthealligator

Smash Ace
donald and goofy may cost more than sora
I don't think there's any real doubt of this. I don't think this argument makes sense from Disney's side, because of the precedent in that tweet, but I could see this being an issue from Nintendo's side, as in 'It's not Kingdom Hearts without any Disney characters, and we can't afford the royalties for any Disney characters to appear'.

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
Ah crud, I missed it...

I've gotta ask, why do people insist on using this as if it's a genuine argument? I mean, honestly, even ignoring the fact that Sora's a Disney character himself or ignoring that the Kingdom Key actually addressing this issue, why is this such a fixation? He's made cameos in other games without other Disney characters (unless you count Riku) with little issue from Disney AND fans, we all know Sakurai has expressed not wanting to put in non gaming characters into the game, and to top it all off Kingdom Hearts has enough of its own identity to represent itself without the use of characters like Mickey, Donald, Goofy, ect.

Every time I see or hear this argument, I can't help but think that it's just an arbitrary excuse people use just so they can say that Sora isn't happening. It doesn't help that I never get an answer when I bring this stuff up with anybody. So I'll ask you, Why? What makes you think the kind of characters that Sakurai doesn't want in smash bros. are needed in order to properly represent Kingdom Hearts? Why they're needed here when they weren't ever needed any other time Sora made a cameo appearance. And why the likes of Riku, Kairi, Or the Organization aren't enough to properly represent the series they were created in?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I don't think there's any real doubt of this. I don't think this argument makes sense from Disney's side, because of the precedent in that tweet, but I could see this being an issue from Nintendo's side, as in 'It's not Kingdom Hearts without any Disney characters, and we can't afford the royalties for any Disney characters to appear'.
what precedent in what tweet?

Top Bottom