• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sora Unlocks the Door! The Sora Social Thread

Sora's chances of getting in?

• Total voters

M@R!3

Smash Ace
Since we're all suggesting music tracks, I created a list for music I want:
Hand in Hand - Kingdom Hearts
Shrouding Dark Cloud - Kingdom Hearts
Forze Del Male - Kingdom Hearts
Sinister Sundown- Kingdom Hearts Chain Of Memories/2
13th Struggle - Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories/2
Scythe of Petals - Chain of Memories
Working Together - Kingdom Hearts 2
Desire for All That is Lost- Kingdom Hearts 2
The Encounter - Kingdom Hearts 2
Vim and Vigor - Kingdom Hearts 2
13th Dilemma - Kingdom Hearts 2
Rage Awakened - Kingdom Hearts 2
The Tumbling - Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep
Enter the Darkness/ Unbreakable Chains - Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep
Dismiss - Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep
Xion Battle - Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
Riku Battle - Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
No More Bugs - Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded
l'impero Oscuro - Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance
L'Oscurita dell'ignot - Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance
All for One - Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance
Wave of Darkness - Kingdom Hearts 0.2
The Deep End -Kingdom Hearts 3
I couldn't think of much KH3 songs. Feel free to suggest some I could use.

I know the list has a lot of songs, but keep in mind Terry came with 55 songs and Simon and Richter came with 30 songs.
Kingdom Hearts 2.5HDR
13th Reflection
Sinister Shadows
Scherzo Di Notte
Fragments of Sorrow
Dance to the Death
A Fight to the Death
Tension Rising
Rowdy Rumble

Kingdom Hearts 1.5HDR
Disappeared
Destati
The Deep End
Destiny's Force
End of the World
Night of Fate

Kingdom Hearts 3 & ReMind
Scala Ad Caelum Battle Theme
L'Eminenza Oscura
L'Oscurita dell'Ignoto
The 13th Dilemma- Saix Version
L'Impeto Oscuro
Vector to the Heavens
Forze dell'Oscurita
Oscurita Di Xehanort

Here's a list of what I could think of that wasn't already included. If I did include another version of the same song it was because I felt it had enough differences to be worth it. I excluded most final boss themes in favor of the ReMind versions since they're not as long, and in some cases have a tone and pacing that would better suit smash.

Edit: Added spoiler tag.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
People need to be suggesting The Other Promise more.

"But would it really fit in Smash?"

Yeah, with the right remix. The 20 something seconds it's heard in World of Tres Overture is some of the best music I've ever heard and would be amazing to hear the full song like that.
The Other Promise starts at 3:20.

Also Vector to the Heavens sounding like it does in ReMind would be another great choice.

M@R!3

Smash Ace

Yeah, with the right remix. The 20 something seconds it's heard in World of Tres Overture is some of the best music I've ever heard and would be amazing to hear the full song like that.

Also Vector to the Heavens sounding like it does in ReMind would be another great choice.
If we're talking remixes a Dearly Beloved remix along the lines of Midna's Lament is absolutely necessary.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

yooooo The Other Promise slaps hard

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
So guys if Sora makes it into Smash Ultimate do you think Square-Enix will promote him by bringing Kingdom Hearts The Story So Far to Switch and advertise the hell out of him just because?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
So guys if Sora makes it into Smash Ultimate do you think Square-Enix will promote him by bringing Kingdom Hearts The Story So Far to Switch and advertise the hell out of him just because?
Really the only third party DLC that's come with a big push for an upcoming game is Hero.

So no, I don't think there will be some big promotion.

M@R!3

Smash Ace
That would be the smart thing to do. Especially since Square likely can't profit from Sora directly in this situation.

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
I'd be surprised if the Switch didn't eventually get at least some of the older KH after so many FF got ported. If X/X-2 & XII can be on Switch why wouldn't KH1 & 2?

Papa Pope

Smash Cadet
I'm just surprised the HD collections haven't had any trace on Switch, not even a hint. KH is long overdue, and it's weird that games like Crash and DMC made it to Switch before KH, it's an interesting and kinda unsettling thought to be honest. I do think we will definitely see the Story So Far if Sora was to get announced, without a doubt.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I'm just surprised the HD collections haven't had any trace on Switch, not even a hint. KH is long overdue, and it's weird that games like Crash and DMC made it to Switch before KH, it's an interesting and kinda unsettling thought to be honest. I do think we will definitely see the Story So Far if Sora was to get announced, without a doubt.
really it seems on brand to me

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

Lyncario

Smash Ace

Papa Pope

Smash Cadet
How about those new Dark Road characters, eh?
Eh, I only played Union X for 5 minutes so I don't think I'll be playing Dark Road. If these new characters are interesting enough and add to the lore, I may just watch the cutscenes on YouTube.

M@R!3

Smash Ace
I won't be playing Dark Road, but I'll keep an eye on the story for a while.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
so over the course of the series, in regards to worlds based on films, we've had, 2d, 3d, live action, stop motion and hybrid. have i missed any/are they missing any?

D

Deleted member

so over the course of the series, in regards to worlds based on films, we've had, 2d, 3d, live action, stop motion and hybrid. have i missed any/are they missing any?
I think we are missing TV shows.

And I think a world based on the Ducktales universe does have potential.

D

Deleted member

Ducktales would be amazing, while we're at it, add a Darkwing Duck world as well, they both have a lot of great potential.
I feel they could even mix them both into one.

Since both the original Disney afternoon shows are all connected in the current Ducktales reboot.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Oh boy, we got a LOT to unpack today:

Firstly, the second screenshot shows yet another new character. This time, it's presumably Xehanort and Eraqus's master.

Secondly, a logo reading "Kingdom Hearts: Melody of Memory" was found on the Dark Road website.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

Firstly, the second screenshot shows yet another new character. This time, it's presumably Xehanort and Eraqus's master.

Secondly, a logo reading "Kingdom Hearts: Melody of Memory" was found on the Dark Road website.
Melody of Memory doesn't have X, Union X or anything of the like in the logo.

I'm betting it's one of the other KH projects in development and it's not going to be a mobile game. Well unless they suddenly decide to make a mobile game not based on X.

Hopefully it is the next main instalment for consoles and not a rhythm game with cards if you really want to read too much into the title (though a Theathrhythm Kingdom Hearts would be cool.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

curious, hard to say what kind of game it could be, subtitles more often than not refer to the story rather than gameplay

TraaP

Smash Cadet

Some interesting things to note - which I first saw on twitter somewhere - are that Melody of Memories abbreviates to MoM (Master of Masters). Also, this game highly likely won't have Sora as the main playable characters, because this title has elongated K and S - like the other games which don't star Sora: BBS and 358/2 Days - and the games which do have regular sized K and S.

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
Some interesting things to note - which I first saw on twitter somewhere - are that Melody of Memories abbreviates to MoM (Master of Masters). Also, this game highly likely won't have Sora as the main playable characters, because this title has elongated K and S - like the other games which don't star Sora: BBS and 358/2 Days - and the games which do have regular sized K and S.
Okay first of all I'm both excited yet skeptical about this possible new game. Excited because IF this is a new game I think it's highly likely this could be the game we finally go through a journey from Kairi's perspective. As well as finally give us the answer for who the hell Demyx really is considering he's the only one who's whole purpose in the story makes no sense in terms of why the hell he's even there. Even though clearly he's important if he's one of the strongest people in the KH world considering the fact he is an ORG member. As well as because he's one of two people who's real name was never revealed the other being Luxord and clearly he's also VERY important. But I'm also skeptical of this being a new game for the simple fact of why the hell would they have this title name in the code for a completely different unrelated game. It makes no sense UNLESS it was perhaps a working title for Dark Road before they ultimately decided to go with Dark Road. Just food for thought until Square releases any actual news or statements regarding this new possible KH game. It should be taken with a grain of salt at least for now.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
>"We want Kingdom Hearts on Switch"
>okay
>releases silly rhythm game
To me, this is funny on a cosmic level. Besides practical reasons, the staff basically loves to mess with us at this point.

Also, calling it right now, those mobile phone games will have vital lore that'll become relevant later.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
>okay
To me, this is funny on a cosmic level. Besides practical reasons, the staff basically loves to mess with us at this point.

Also, calling it right now, those mobile phone games will have vital lore that'll become relevant later.
The mobiles games have always had lore dropped on us like how malefacent was able to come back after getting murdered by Sora

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
>okay

>"We want a Kairi game"
>ok
>Sora is the main playable character & Kairi's role is relegated to unlocked cutscenes.

This is like doubly disappointing for anyone wanting/expecting a DDD2.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
What we're all missing here is that the bigger trailer just gave us a roadmap of Kingdom Hearts 2nd phase

1592328775311.png

1592328806569.png

So yeah, there's a lot to look forward to apparently

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Hey at least you're getting the first KH game on switch ever, and you know this will sell like pancakes in Japan, like 200%. If SE had no idea of how KH would sell on switch, now they will, and this not even being your usual KH game. It's still gonna be plot important by the look of those kingdom shader cg cutscenes, and MoM looks like he will finally unveil his face which is a huge selling point (unless he pranks us all and says "nah not yet" when he is finally about to do it). The point is, a KH game on switch is positive no matter what you think of the theme of it, it's gonna sell like crazy and hopefully signify the rest of games coming too.

Also… there's also 2 more games coming apparently
EapLvnPVAAAjbiX.jpg

I got jinxed but whatever

TriggerX

Smash Ace
I'm not surprised that a KH game is coming to the switch at all. They've retained a presence with Nintendo since Chain of Memories and every handheld received a kh title. GBA, DS, and the 3DS.
The Switch replaced Nintendo's handheld so the support just migrated on with it.

I'm actually more surprised that the PS4 and XB are getting that rhythm game.

TriggerX

Smash Ace
What’s interesting is that this might be the first time they’ve provided a road map for future titles/ projects that involve KH.

Ofcourse this doesn’t really have to mean anything in regards to smash, but wanting to promote the KH brand in smash would be a good move for them right now.

Last edited:

StarBot

Smash Lord
NNID
TheStarBot
I'm not really a Sora supporter, nor super familiar with Kingdom Hearts, but congratulations on getting a game on the Switch you guys

I'm surprised there isn't much more fanfare for that, compare to the Lip surport

I always have extreme doubt for him because there was never was a KH game for the Switch

But now we are here, and I just recently bumped him up in my list

Top Bottom