• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sora Unlocks the Door! The Sora Social Thread

Sora's chances of getting in?

• Total voters

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Of all the deconfirmations, Sora's has always felt a litte wishy-washy to me. More or less a "Eh, I dunno" rather than a hard "No"

Sabi's comment above seems like a usual case of "Alright fine I'll say X thing if you'll shut up"

I'd say keep the faith just a little longer, there's still post-pass too.
In that case, it looks like hope yet lives.

It may be small, but I still hold on to it. If not FP5, then the future for sure.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Of all the deconfirmations, Sora's has always felt a litte wishy-washy to me. More or less a "Eh, I dunno" rather than a hard "No"

Sabi's comment above seems like a usual case of "Alright fine I'll say X thing if you'll shut up"

I'd say keep the faith just a little longer, there's still post-pass too.
Yeah I personally dont believe he is deconfirmed, but yeah there's always a next chance if he truly isn't FP5.

Catguy1994

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-1274-8556-4800
So I just had an idea on how to incorporate Sora's spells in a way that would be unique from the Hero and Robin's spells. My issue with giving Sora a spell gimmick is a) it's a tad bit too similar in concept to the aforementioned characters and b) it can lead to a very cluttered move set with too much going on. The latter might vary from person to person.

But what if you could, before the beginning of each match, choose a spell or three to give to Sora. In competitive matches, your opponent would see your load-out so the fear of randomness wouldn't exist unlike the Hero (not trashing hero just so you know. I like him). Here're some examples of what we could see:
-Firaga: A few fireballs surround Sora dealing multiple hits with decent power but okay knockback. Useful as a "get off me" attack and a combo ender.
-Blizzaga: A shotgun-esque spread that's useful for keeping opponents in check. Can freeze opponents solid at higher percents but without the scary knockback of PK Freeze.
-Thundaga: Calls down a thunderbolt at about a height halfway between the lowest and highest Battlefield platforms. Also stuns opponents for follow ups but doesn't deal much damage itself.
-Aeroga: Summons a small tornado in front of Sora that sucks up opponents trapping them in a vortex before spitting them out. Deals the least damage and can be shielded or reflected in return.
-Reflega: Conjures a barrier that reflects projectiles and serves as a counter to physical attacks.
-Waterga: A wisp of water surrounds Sora before being fired as a projectile that slightly homes in on opponents.

Thoughts?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
So I just had an idea on how to incorporate Sora's spells in a way that would be unique from the Hero and Robin's spells. My issue with giving Sora a spell gimmick is a) it's a tad bit too similar in concept to the aforementioned characters and b) it can lead to a very cluttered move set with too much going on. The latter might vary from person to person.

But what if you could, before the beginning of each match, choose a spell or three to give to Sora. In competitive matches, your opponent would see your load-out so the fear of randomness wouldn't exist unlike the Hero (not trashing hero just so you know. I like him). Here're some examples of what we could see:
-Firaga: A few fireballs surround Sora dealing multiple hits with decent power but okay knockback. Useful as a "get off me" attack and a combo ender.
-Blizzaga: A shotgun-esque spread that's useful for keeping opponents in check. Can freeze opponents solid at higher percents but without the scary knockback of PK Freeze.
-Thundaga: Calls down a thunderbolt at about a height halfway between the lowest and highest Battlefield platforms. Also stuns opponents for follow ups but doesn't deal much damage itself.
-Aeroga: Summons a small tornado in front of Sora that sucks up opponents trapping them in a vortex before spitting them out. Deals the least damage and can be shielded or reflected in return.
-Reflega: Conjures a barrier that reflects projectiles and serves as a counter to physical attacks.
-Waterga: A wisp of water surrounds Sora before being fired as a projectile that slightly homes in on opponents.

Thoughts?
i thinl itd be a shame to limit sora to just spells, if he is to have custom moves, essentially then he should have things that come from just about everything he can do

Lyncario

Smash Ace

Thoughts?
Personaly, I would prefer a command system, like in DDD or BBS. Sora has a bunch oof spells that in can choose, and they're all in rotation, while also having a cooldown time after usage. This could also allow to have some more wacky but fun spells like balloonga.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Personaly, I would prefer a command system, like in DDD or BBS. Sora has a bunch oof spells that in can choose, and they're all in rotation, while also having a cooldown time after usage. This could also allow to have some more wacky but fun spells like balloonga.
I imagine a command deck would look similar to Luminary's spell menu but it's a specific set of spells, like Ballonga, Firaga and Thundaga and there's a recharge time between each spell, just like the actual games that have the command deck. Sounds a lot more balanced imo.

D

Deleted member

Sora should hopefully come with a lot of combos.

I think combos are a strong part of Kingdom Heart’s gameplay.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Sora should hopefully come with a lot of combos.

I think combos are a strong part of Kingdom Heart’s gameplay.
Yeah he should definitely be a high combo character, kinda like bayo (except not broken -cough-) lol

Catguy1994

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-1274-8556-4800
Yes, a character that has great combos, great ways to get them started and ending them, but he relies on combos to get any significant damage as his damage output would be lacking.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
If they gave sora his reflect he would be instantly broken now that i think about it haha

M@R!3

Smash Ace
I've thought about doing a Sora move set, but he has so many options that he simply can't have everything.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
I decided to update my original take on Sora's moveset in a more faithfully deep way to his skills in KH3:

Intro: Sora appeared from a save point and gets into his fighting stance.

Stance/Idle 1: Sora holds his Keyblade near his right hip and looks around.

Idle 2: Sora rests his Keyblade on his right shoulder for a few seconds.

Idle 3: Sora bares his teeth in the direction he's facing.

Notable Palette Swaps: KH3 outfit, KH2 outfit, KH3 Guardian Form, KH2 Valor Form, KH3 Element Form, KH2 Final Form, KH3 Second Form, KH2 Limit Form

Walk: His walk from the games.

Dash: His run from the games.

Damage: His damage animation from the games.

Jump: High Jump and Doubleflight.

Crouch: Crouches with his Keyblade's end on the ground, holding it.

Weapon of Choice: The Kingdom Key, the Keyblade Sora starts his journey with.

A,A,A: Slapshot; Sora slashes twice, then follows up with an uppercut (14%, OK knockback)
Forward+A: Speed Slash; Sora slashes twice (8% each hit, small knockback), and then does a quick dual slash (13%, OK knockback)
Down+A: Sliding Dash; Sora performs a slide across the ground, slightly faster than that of Cloud (12%, OK knockback)
Up+A: Upper Slash; Sora swings his Keyblade upwards with both hands (10%, OK knockback)

Air+A: Magnet Burst; Sora briefly surrounds himself with an array of magnetic orbs (13%, OK knockback). Pressing A again, if necessary, sends these orbs flying out (19%, medium knockback)
Air Forward+A: Aerial Finish; Sora slashes forward three times (12%, small knockback), and then finishes with a strong slash (10%, OK knockback)
Air Back + A: Aerial Sweep; Sora slashes behind himself three times (11%, OK knockback)
Air Up+A: Hurricane Blast; Sora vertically swings around four times with his Keyblade (14%, OK knockback)
Air Down+A: Diving Strike; Sora dives down and strikes the ground with his Keyblade (15%, OK knockback)

Dash Attack: Prism Windmill; Sora spins Keyblade in front of him, protected by a shield of light (15%, OK knockback)
Edge Attack: Magic Flash; Sora lifts himself up and uses a flash of light that affects the area around him (11%, OK knockback)

Smash Moves
Forward+A: Strike Raid; Sora throws his Keyblade forward as it spins (15%, OK knockback). Pressing A again performs two more throws, and then the last throw is slightly stronger (18%, medium knockback)
Up+A: Ripple Drive; Sora swings upwards and summons a barrier of light with rectangular patterns (21%, medium knockback)
Down+A: Explosion; three orbs of light surround Sora as he thrusts his Keyblade down to the ground (22%, medium knockback)

Grab: Sora casts Magnet and binds the opponent.
Pummel: Sora crunches the opponent with Magnet (6%)
Forwards+Throw: Quick Blitz; Sora thrusts his Keyblade on the ground in a downward arc (14%, OK knockback)
Down+Throw: Fail-Safe; Sora spins once before tossing the opponent on the ground (13%, OK knockback)
Back+Throw: Merge; Sora spins around backwards before hurling the opponent in that direction (11%, OK knockback)
Up+Throw: Lunge n' Launch; Sora pushes the opponent forward and slashes upwards (13%, OK knockback)

Special Moves

B : Magic Selection; Sora can select a magic spell from his list (consisting of Fire, Blizzard, Thunder, and Aero). Once a spell is selected, it will stay on that spell until another is selected, which can be done on the fly.
B + Forwards : Sonic Blade; Sora thrusts forward four times, with consecutive button presses (6% each hit, small knockback)
B + Up : Airstep/Flowmotion; Sora travels in the pointed direction at the speed of light after releasing the button (holding it slows him down for six seconds). When he comes in contact with a wall, Flowmotion will activate.
B + Down : Ars Arcanum; Sora charges up and unleashes a flurry of nine slashes (19%, OK knockback)

Magic Spells
>Fire: Sora shoots out a small fireball (9%, small knockback); this can upgrade to Fira, which surrounds Sora in a fiery barrier that cancels out projectiles (12%, OK knockback)
>Blizzard: Sora shoots three snowflakes (11%, OK knockback) that have a chance of freezing the opponent; this can be upgraded to Blizzara, which summons an icy wind that can freeze opponents (16%, OK knockback). Sora can tilt forward after pressing B to create an icy rail, which he can then jump on for a Rail Slide.
>Thunder: Sora summons a spark from his Keyblade that surrounds a fair amount of his surroundings (15%, OK knockback); this can be upgraded to Thundara, which shoots down lighting onto his Keyblade and forms a dome (18%, OK knockback)
>Aero: Sora shoots a wind arc from his Keyblade that turns into a mini-tornado (17%, OK knockback); this can be upgraded to Aerora, a slightly larger tornado that Sora can use as an air boost, even in the air (20%, medium knockback)

Final Smash: Ultimate Union Ragnarok; Sora attempts to unleash Ultimate Form (Final Form in his KH2 outfit), and catches any opponents he successfully hits (8%). The trapped opponents are taken into a cutscene as Sora slashes them with hundreds of swords (32%), and finishes off with Union Ragnarok, with the Lux symbol showing as he fires it (16%) (56% total, far knockback).

Gimmick: Situation Commands; after pulling off successful combos, three arrows appear by Sora's HUD, one by one. Once a combo is successful with all three arrows, a command appears above Sora's icon, and pressing B will activate one of five attacks, four of which are Grand Magic. The -ra tier spells are listed in the spell list. If your combos are purely physical, you will enter Second Form by pressing B. Second Form has slightly altered special moves, all of which eventually tire Sora out of Second Form.

>Firaga: Sora summons a giant fireball that can travel offscreen when it doesn't hit any opponents (21%, medium knockback); this can be upgraded to Firaza, which fires a mini-sun in Sora’s direction (26%, medium knockback)
>Blizzaga: Sora fires a giant ice projectile that freezes the first opponent it hits, and sends all others flying (22%, medium knockback); this can be upgraded to Blizzaza, which sends three icicles raining down in Sora’s direction that explodes and cover a small part of the stage, making the floors slippery (27%, medium knockback)
>Thundaga: A pillar of electricity appears and combos any opponents above Sora (23%, medium knockback); this can be upgraded to Thundaza, which affects opponents in an area nearly half the length of Final Destination (32%, far knockback)
>Aeroga: Sora summons two tornadoes that circle him, sending opponents flying (25%, far knockback); this can be upgraded to Aeroza, which summons a giant Tornado that stays in place and sends opponents flying once it’s finished (33%, far knockback)
>Stun Impact: Appearing for 17 seconds, Sora will briefly explode in a dome of light with a small electric effect, stunning anyone on the ground (23%, medium knockback)

Sonic Blade and Ars Arcanum receive a 5% attack boost, along with the following effects:

>Sonic Blade now has a final fifth thrust stronger than the previous four (18%, OK knockback)
>Ars Arcanum now slashes ten times, and then follows up with three final slashes (21%, medium knockback) followed by Ragnarok, which fires a cluster of energy shots (20%, medium knockback)

Only the -ga tier spells do not immediately cancel out Sora’s Second Form, as using either spell consecutively will activate a -za tier spell as a Situation Command.

Flowmotion: Sora's answer to acrobatic platforming. Activated when he comes in contact with a wall after Airstep, Sora can use two types of Flowmotion attacks:

>Shock Dive: An AOE slam attack Sora uses when he uses Superjump (19%, medium knockback)
>Kick Dive: Sora attacks immediately after shooting off a wall, pointing his feet at the enemy as the Keyblade spins around him.

Flowmotion's startup is indicated by a blue aura, while its fizzling out in a second is indicated by a pink aura. When Sora is using Superjump to recover, he will be left in free fall once Flowmotion goes away.

Taunts:

1: Sora wipes his nose and smiles.
2: "Yeah!" Sora raises his Keyblade high in the air.
1+2: Sora performs Break Time, where he spins around for a bit and says "ta-da!" as he puts his right hand on his hip and puts up his left hand.

Winposes:

1: "That's the power of the Keyblade!" Sora's victory animation from KH1, whenever he wins a tournament in Olympus Coliseum.
2: Sora spins his Keyblade and sticks it firmly in the ground, smiling (based on one of his renders based on KH1 artwork of him).
3: Sora opens a treasure chest as he does in the games, and a Meow Wow comes out to cuddle-tackle him.

Icon: The heart in KH series logo.

Boxing Ring Title: The Key from the Sky

Victory Music:

Kirby Hat: Sora's hair and necklace.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Sora would create the most havoc with his announcement (in a good way)! It would be like a Banjo/Sonic reveal. IMO, he is probably the biggest IP still out there not in the game (along with Lara Croft and Master Chief, but I think Sora fits a lot better with the Smash setting and fanbase).

volbound1700

Smash Master
Ask Vergeben "When are we going to get the Minecraft content?" It isn't like Vergeben has missed many of the picks on multiple occasions.

Last edited:

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
Ask Vergeben "When are we going to get the Minecraft content?" It isn't like Vergeben has missed many of the picks on multiple occasions.
Yeaaaaahhh... considering how much he's gotten right on top of the fact that we're not even done with the DLC selection here, it's safe to say that he's still a credible source here.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
0qxltypqeqg21.jpg

If Sora makes it in I'm hoping his render mimics his artwork from his old games and it's used in the same way it is in his games, where if he has over 100% damage or less than 50 HP his face goes from happy to a expression of pain.

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman
Not sure what it is right now but I feel like Sora seems pretty likely to turn up in ultimate at some point. He may not appear as fighter 5 but he just seems really likely. On that note one thing I haven't seen discussed here in a while is the music people would like to see (hear).
With Terry coming to smash with the first instance of anime music I think Simple and Clean, Sanctuary, Don't Think Twice and Face my Fears are all fair game.
I think Sakurai made it clear that we shouldn't expect 50 songs from another character after Terry I'm thinking around 10-20 provided he doesn't only get 2 like cloud.
1. Simple and Clean Remix
2. Don't Think Twice Orchestra
3. Dearly Beloved Remix
4. Destati Remix
5. The Other Promise
6. Night Of Fate
7. Destiny Island
8. Traverse Town
9. Battle Medley
10. 13th Struggle
11. Lazy Afternoons
12. Dark Impetus

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
If they gave sora his reflect he would be instantly broken now that i think about it haha
It would be like bounce
Not sure what it is right now but I feel like Sora seems pretty likely to turn up in ultimate at some point. He may not appear as fighter 5 but he just seems really likely. On that note one thing I haven't seen discussed here in a while is the music people would like to see (hear).
With Terry coming to smash with the first instance of anime music I think Simple and Clean, Sanctuary, Don't Think Twice and Face my Fears are all fair game.
I think Sakurai made it clear that we shouldn't expect 50 songs from another character after Terry I'm thinking around 10-20 provided he doesn't only get 2 like cloud.
1. Simple and Clean Remix
2. Don't Think Twice Orchestra
3. Dearly Beloved Remix
4. Destati Remix
5. The Other Promise
6. Night Of Fate
7. Destiny Island
8. Traverse Town
9. Battle Medley
10. 13th Struggle
11. Lazy Afternoons
12. Dark Impetus
everyone seems to forget The Encounter and Vim and Vigor

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Just had a random though, since Wreck it Ralph has shown up in Kingdom hearts as a summon, that means that the Sonic, Mario, Pacman and Street fighter series are canon to KH. lol

It would be like bounce

everyone seems to forget The Encounter and Vim and Vigor
The encounter would be great I'm smash.

Perkilator

Smash Legend

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
I'll do you one better:
This has been the conversation for most of the morning on Twitter since that trailer dropped! It does sort of looks like it could be a Smash render especially with that much detailing. The only thing is, it is a bit darker compared to Clouds Ultimate render, though I'm pretty sure that's just because of lighting. Why even use a new model anyway, and not go with the one from KHIII and just for this DLC? Maybe, possibly this model could be used for something else possibly! :smirk:

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
We should get that #sora4smash trending again, until the last moment, even if 2019 ends being not our time, there's always 2020!

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
We should get that #sora4smash trending again, until the last moment, even if 2019 ends being not our time, there's always 2020!
I'm personally against the idea since the first time was good enough. Plus, I don't want there to be a situation where another idiot just randomly tags Sakurai and gets his feed spammed again.

M@R!3

Smash Ace
That new render really does look like it's from a different game. Sora looks ready to throw down too.

Top Bottom