• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sophitia Alexandra for Smash Bros. A Tale Eternally Retold.

Would you like to have Sophitia playable in Smash Bros?

• Yes

Votes: 21 70.0%
  • Hell no!

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Not sure. Undecided. Neutral. Could go anyway.

Votes: 8 26.7%

• Total voters

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
sophitia_ssb4_request_by_elemental_aura_d99nzp1.jpg

Image courtesy of Elemental-Aura. Source: http://elemental-aura.deviantart.com/art/Sophitia-SSB4-Request-560431477

Well this thread is to support the blonde Greek warrior goddess from the Soul series by Bandai/Namco. Just going to add most things from the past support thread, but some stuff will be modified and updated. Including something dealing with her current chances. Anyway here is the re-cap.

Who is Sophitia Alexandra?
Sophitia Alexandra is a character who originates from the “Soul” series of fighting games, where weapon wielding characters from different parts of the world around the late 16th and early 17th century fight each other to gain, destroy or some other goal involving the mystical twin swords Soul Edge and Soul Calibur.

The first game in the series made by Namco in 1996 is titled “Soul Edge” (Soul Blade in some regions like Europe), starting from the second one, the series received the “Soul Calibur” title and onward they kept on giving it a number depending on the sequel. So the latest entry, Soul Calibur V would rather be the sixth game in the series. This is why the series of games is known as the “Soul” series. Alongside, there have appeared spinoff games like Soul Calibur Broken Destiny on the Sony PSP and the latest incursion the Soul series had in Nintendo was the adventure game SoulCalibur Legends, but of course many realize the most significant manifestation of the “Soul” series was the Soul Calibur II version for the Nintendo Game Cube in 2002, but of which will be written later.

Back on Sophitia, she has been present ever since the first game Soul Edge. She begins as a normal young Greek girl, living a normal life part of a family of bakers. Yet despite living in late 16th century Ottoman occupied Greece, she is very proud of her cultural heritage and still is devoted to the ancient Greek gods.

Seemingly, the Greek god of forge Hephaestus took notice of this and manifested himself in front of Sophitia, entrusting her the overwhelming task of destroying the evil sword Soul Edge. Such assignment was something far too overwhelming for a simple baker’s daughter; someone who was not formed to be a warrior. Still the Greek god entrusted Sophitia with holy weapons of his own forge, to help the girl with her mission.

Canon to the story, she is part of the final battle in the first game; as she alongside the kunoichi Taki battle the evil pirate Cervantes to destroy Soul Edge once and for all… or so it seemed.

After that, Sophitia has been present in most of the Soul series, eventually her younger sister Cassandra joins her in the quest to destroy Soul Edge. But in Soul Calibut IV, her children get captured by the enemy and for their safety; she is forced to fight in the name of the forces of evil against her will… also canon to the storyline, she and Cassandra died due to that conflict, and both Greek sisters are absent in Soul Calibur V, but now Sophitia’s children are the ones involved in the conflict between both numinous swords. Still, some way or the other; Sophitia and her kin are something always present in the Soul universe to the point it seems they need the one and the other to move forward.

Sophitia was not born a warrior nor made to be once since early in life, she did receive divine help but with time and experience she grew to be one of the most powerful warriors in her era.

Why Sophitia?

(Part A: Some background).
The Soul series was created by Namco originally to be an Arcade game, eventually it made its way to Nintendo competing consoles like Sony’s Playstation and Sega’s Dreamcast. Eventually it made its way onto Nintendo’s Game Cube under its third installment, Soul Calibur II. What made this game special in the hearts of many was not only that it had great graphics and wonderful play, but it also included a guest character which was a big deal back then for videogames and in general and became a staple in the Soul series.

Soul Calibur II had three different versions; each one had a different guest character. Xbox’s version had comic book character Spawn; PS2’s version had Heihachi from Tekken, another fighting series by Namco while Nintendo’s version had their iconic swordsman in green tunic clad, Link from The Legend Of Zelda game series.

Seeing Link fight against the SC characters was ambitious, there were other instances in the past where other videogame characters met each other but Link in Soul Calibur was sublime. Plus many felt he was the only one of the 3 guests which fit right in.

With Link having been a guest in SC II, some believe the favor had to be returned and place a Soul character on Nintendo’s own fight franchise Super Smash Brothers, which just had its sequel Melee released the previous year as a launch title. Back then, the idea of having a character outside Nintendo in Smash. Was a foreign concept to most people world wide. Though a bit before Melee got released, Sakurai had an open poll to suggest characters. The poll itself was mainly aimed at Japanese audiences but few people outside Japan were able to post. And some suggestions came for Non-Nintendo characters like Sonic or even James Bond. Still back then only Nintendo characters would have been considered.

Those who wanted a SC character in Smash, never crossed their minds the idea of having other characters outside Nintendo, much less opening the doors for them. They just wanted to see the favor returned of Link in Soul Calibur II.

Even if a Soul character joined Smash, who would it be? Considering how early on Smash was of a more silly/cartoony nature, many considered it would be a silly character with perhaps a low profile like Yoshimitsu or a less weird looking Voldo. But Yoshimitsu was also a Tekken character, so if he had been in he would represent 2 franchises, but back then Tekken was seen as a Sony franchise. When Soul Edge appeared, it was seen like Mitsurugi was the overall main character of the game being the archetype of a Japanese swordsman a samurai and this was a Japanese game after all despite the mostly European themes in it. Later they had the pole wielding Kilik and his friend Xianghua as the main characters but there really has not been a clear main character in the Soul series. Some point at Nightmare being the logo of the series but he is mostly the antagonist of the series, usually his role being taken by someone from Seigfried to Sophitia’s daughter Phyrra. So who from Soul Calibur could be in Smash?

Still, the main Soul series never returned to Nintendo, and eventually a third Smash Bros game would be in the works. For E3 2006 we got a big surprise, not only we got to see for the first time footage for Super Smash Bros Brawl… but also the unexpected inclusion of Snake in the Smash Bros series! This was the first time a character outside Nintendo got in, and opened the door for strong fan favorite characters like Sonic and Mega Man to get in! Plus the character design for the Smash series was changed, as not only Snake had a realistic-like look to contrast the rest of the cartoony and fantasy characters, but also Samus had gotten out of her suit and now we could admire her serious looking model which gave a similar contrast. Making this a better way for characters from different style of games be present at Smash! However Brawl closed with only Sonic and Snake as third party characters.

The fourth installment introduced more third party characters, among them Pac-Man who hails from Sophitia´s company; and despite this, it can still help her as there were two Capcom characters.

(Part B: Insight).
As said, there has never been a clear main character among the Soul cast. First Mitsurigi was the poster boy, then Kilik was placed as the main character while Xianghua was the main wielder of Soul Calibur itself, Seigfried redeemed himself after being Nightmare, who was been the series logo actually and also overall present in the series, to now Sophitia’s children which have been rather not received well after Soul Calibur V has been seen as a failure at least for its story and characters since many love the Character Creation mode.

Sophitia has been around since the first game and was part of its final battle, yet was not considered the main character. However, her influence on the series itself is quite enormous. The whole feeling of the series has this ancient European spirit on which Sophitia seems to be the focus as she allegedly gets contacted by an ancient Greek god to destroy an ancient evil sword of unknown origins, and along her quest; she meets many interesting characters which get marked by her forever. Taki finds a friend and ally on Sophitia, Rock values Sophitia as a great, brave woman. And Sophitia aids Seigfried to get rid of his evil influence under the Nightmare entity.

In Soul Calibur IV, she had to give up everything for the sake of her children, who pretty much become the stars of the game; and there is the belief Elyusium the boss of the SC V game was meant to be Sophitia’s spirit, it is of course Soul Calibur’s manifestation but still it is somehow influenced by her.

Something we feel is that Sophitia while not the main character of the Soul series, no pun intended; she is indeed the soul of the game series. Most elements in-game tend to spin around her character, she provides many elements to the storyline from family members to being a good influence on many characters in the series.

As we mention of the series being Euro-centric. Sophitia is the manifestation of what the Japanese believe is the idealization of a blonde western woman, a blend of beauty, innocence, politeness and elegance. You can check plenty of elegance throughout the series, quite viewable in the titular sword Soul Calibur, which took Sophitia’s appearance as its own.

Yet despite that elegance, Sophitia is such a humble and pure woman due to her simple origins. She was not at warrior at first, eventually she became one without losing her womanhood, oddly this rather helped her become a loving mother capable of placing her life on the line for her children… many want a though looking female character to join Smash, but Sophitia can show one doesn’t have to be a “macho woman” to be a true strong female character. Despite all the hardships she went through to become stronger, she remained the same innocent and pure girl she has always been.

Hence why she needs to be in Smash Bros as the Soul Edge/Calibur representative.

But she is another swordswoman, we have lots of sword users in Smash. Why have her in?

And there are Soul Calibur reps which could bring something new.
I understand the frustration of the lack weapon wielding characters who use something else besides a sword. Palutena is so far the only weapon character with no sword and Lucina the first swordswoman to be in Smash. There are probably better Soul Calibur reps to get into Smash and bring something new like Kilik, Talim, Berserker or Viola. But Sophitia has an ever presence somehow in the series to the point she could be the unofficial main character of Soul Calibur.

About something new, well she carries a shield like Link… but in the SC games some characters use shields to attack, maybe she can bring that in or somehow be a “defensive” sword user. That means to be a reluctant attacker as it fits with Sophitia´s character since she doesn’t want to gravely harm her opponents.

The current situation.

Sophitia was absent from the last SoulCalibur game; as it was understood she died so her children could be the new protagonists. But sans for the create a fighter mode; the game was trashed for how short and rushed it was. Plus it replaced many beloved characters like Sophitia herself, for un-likeable characters like her children.

However, last year a new Soul Calibur game was announced in the works; where it somehow retcons the last game and we get to see Sophitia alive and younger; giving some sort of emphasis on her (as well the character of Mitsurugi).

Sadly, the developers have said they had no idea about the Switch when they began working on it; so it all points SoulCalibur VI will not be on Nintendo´s latest console. Which may hurt the chances of Sophitia getting in or of someother character from the series.

This however, may not hurt her chances as now the rules said by the late Satoru Iwata said that any videogame character can get into Smash.

Though given it seems they are giving a shared interest on Mitsurugi, who has chances of being considered the main character of the series; plus many see Nightmare as the mascot of the series. So Sophie does not have an easy road.

This is it for now, I may edit this later and add/remove stuff.

sophitia_and_pacman_by_quas_quas_d7efi1o-fullview.jpg

SUPPORT LIST
Kirbeh
Astraltar
Yomi's Biggest Fan
PsychoJosh
SEGAGameBoy
Dyllybirdy
Night Gale
kool2419
KatKit
shinhed-echi
ninjahmos
toonito
Darkerik
dezeray112
FeMain26
Sophitia

Last edited:

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Support.

As for the lack of a Switch version of SCVI, keep in mind that that didn't hurt Ryu's chances at all even tho SFV was a PS4 exclusive. Legacy is what counts and legacy is something SC and Sophitia most certainly have.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I'm more pro-Nightmare, since he represents the conflict between good and evil at the series' core (think SC6 broken armour costume) and would be a far more unique sword fighter with his extreme range, high-motion moveset and explosive use of the supernatural. Plus, for a heavy, he's remarkably fast, suffering more from move commitment than startup or cool down.

I'm willing to see how this thread plays out, though.

Astraltar

Smash Apprentice
I always liked Cassandra more than Sophitia, and if we were to bring in ANY SoulCalibur character, i'd shoot for someone like Kilik or Talim because we already have so many sword wielders. But i'll support this thread. Sophitia would totally be fun to play in Smash. And the idea of her whacking people with her shield (and lets not forget her little kicks) is a joy to imagine..

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
I always liked Cassandra more than Sophitia, and if we were to bring in ANY SoulCalibur character, i'd shoot for someone like Kilik or Talim because we already have so many sword wielders. But i'll support this thread. Sophitia would totally be fun to play in Smash. And the idea of her whacking people with her shield (and lets not forget her little kicks) is a joy to imagine..
So would you like the honor to make the Cassandra thread, or should I do it?

Astraltar

Smash Apprentice
So would you like the honor to make the Cassandra thread, or should I do it?
No, you can make the Cassandra thread. Though I wonder if a general SoulCalibur thread (like the AMRS characters thread) might be a wiser move.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Just saying, some days ago I had a nightmare where Mitsurugi and Raphael were the Soul Calibur reps in Smash Bros.

Wonks

Smash Journeyman
If Bandai-Namco is helping with this game, too, I think a Soul Calibur rep. could be a very strong possibility. I was thinking Ivy, as her sword whip and white hair are very recognizable, but a case is clearly made for Sophitia.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
I would rabidly support Ivy for Smash if her character weren't so out of place.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
And I think she shouldn't be in Smash.
And I think she should.

I love Sophitia, but I'm not entirely sure how she'd fight in Smash. I'm not even sure if she's the main character of SoulCalibur that she should be its lone representative.

Still though, I'll support her, why not? I'm very weak for anime MILFs I'd enjoy having her in the game.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
And she remains in. Can´t believe all the Bayonetta hate and yet they consider themselves tolerant.

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Bumping with some brief reasons why I personally pick Sophitia over the other potential SC reps.

While the "main" characters can be considered to be Seigfried and Nightmare, the story of Soul Calibur has plenty of other characters who are given a large focus, sometimes even more so than the latter two. Plenty of examples of this include; Ivy, Taki, Kilik, and of course Sophitia. A lot of these characters get plenty of focus, and most of them stand on equal footing as iconic Soul Calibur characters.

In Sophitia's case, she canonically is the one who defeats Nightmare, and remains in a major role in most every game even if she's not the focus. Even in V, while she may not be playable, her legacy still plays a huge part as it's her children who take the helm of the main characters, not Seigfried.

She's been in the series from the start, consistently holds big roles lore wise, and is one of the main characters used to promote the series which still holds true as she was one of the first characters revealed for VI along with Mitsurugi (another "technically not main, but super iconic character"). She's even one of the few SC characters to be featured as a guest in other games, in this case being a Soul Calibur guest in Musou Orochi 2.

She's actually the only SC character to be featured as a guest in this way. The only other time SC characters have appeared anywhere else is in the card game Outcast Odyssey where she was still featured among a few others.

I think it says a lot that Sophitia is one of their main go to characters for promoting the series. She's arguably as much of a face for the series as Nightmare is, and as iconic as Ivy and other characters are as well, she is somewhat of the series' poster girl.

And from a gameplay/development point, I do feel someone like her is better fit while Nightmare could be used in a different role. Given his huge range and power, and moreover his actual role in the series, I think being a boss honestly fits Nightmare better.

Last edited:

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
I hate the idea of Heihachi, not interested in gi wearing kung fu peeps saturating the roster.

Soul Calibur 2 is my second favorite fighting game behind the Smash series and I would be ecstatic to see representation done right, ESPECIALLY over Heihachi or the rest of the Tekken gang.

However, my number one most wanted character from Namco is both a Tekken fighter and a Soul Calibur fighter: Yoshimitsu. He's colorful, quirky, stuffed to the brim with unique attacks and a perfect fit for SSB. I never expect to see him enter the fray, but golly gee willickers would he be the ****.

As for Sophitia, she doesn't offer much in the way of new attacks or fighting styles. I can't get excited over a character like her. Nightmare would be a better choice, but I feel even he doesn't quite appeal to the wacky nature of Smash. I'd love to have a unique fighter from the Soul Calibur series trash the party, but Sophitia is certainly not it.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Bumping with some brief reasons why I personally pick Sophitia over the other potential SC reps.

While the "main" characters can be considered to be Seigfried and Nightmare, the story of Soul Calibur has plenty of other characters who are given a large focus, sometimes even more so than the latter two. Plenty of examples of this include; Ivy, Taki, Kilik, and of course Sophitia. A lot of these characters get plenty of focus, and most of them stand on equal footing as iconic Soul Calibur characters.

In Sophitia's case, she canonically is the one who defeats Nightmare, and remains in a major role in most every game even if she's not the focus. Even in V, while she may not be playable, her legacy still plays a huge part as it's her children who take the helm of the main characters, not Seigfried.

She's been in the series from the start, consistently holds big roles lore wise, and is one of the main characters used to promote the series which still holds true as she was one of the first characters revealed for VI along with Mitsurugi (another "technically not main, but super iconic character"). She's even one of the few SC characters to be featured as a guest in other games, in this case being a Soul Calibur guest in Musou Orochi 2.

She's actually the only SC character to be featured as a guest in this way. The only other time SC characters have appeared anywhere else is in the card game Outcast Odyssey where she was still featured among a few others.

I think it says a lot that Sophitia is one of their main go to characters for promoting the series. She's arguably as much of a face for the series as Nightmare is, and as iconic as Ivy and other characters are as well, she is somewhat of the series' poster girl.

And from a gameplay/development point, I do feel someone like her is better fit while Nightmare could be used in a different role. Given his huge range and power, and moreover his actual role in the series, I think being a boss honestly fits Nightmare better.
Forgot to mention Xianghua out of the notable protagonists. Her and Kilik have canonly beaten Nightmare at some point too iirc (they’re the forefront protagonists in VI’s main story mode), but you make a convincing case for Sophitia still who I would not be against either. Her angelic personality and holy power would be a most welcome addition.

I am more passionate on the idea of seeing Nightmare and thusly disagree on him being a boss, especially when you have his OP forms like Inferno or Night Terror that would fill the boss role more fittingly. What Nightmare has in power range, he lacks severely in speed, and so wouldn’t really be unbalanced, but to each their own.

kool2419

Smash Apprentice
Sophitia would be the best choice if we get a second Namco rep i support.

Night Gale

Smash Ace
Sophitia is the kind of character I would ordinarily pay no attention to. On the surface she's a cookie cutter holy soldier. Boring. That is, until you realize that she fights like a complete savage. This betch doesn't mind resorting to neck snaps and groin attacks; she will launch herself at you with all of her weight ass first if it means total victory. Sophitia is genuinely sorry for doing so, but she apologizes with an ambience of dignity and confidence. There isn't a line she won't cross to do what she believes is right.

My older sister uses Cassandra, who could be included in the form of an echo or costume. Our Soul Calibur duels are markedly more entertaining to me than most fighters because that sh*t is meta, so I would love to 2v2 some mofos with the Alexandra sisters in Super Smash.

Last edited:

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Nice to see more people drop by to support the Greek blonde goddess! Sadly I feel that with the Mai issue; Sophitia´s chances have diminished. I do feel she could easily have some costume changes to cover more her chest area. But considering the replies on Mai, some say if there is a costume change, it would not longer be the same character. I do feel this is not the case, but I have never been a charismatic person.

Again, wish I could do something on Cassandra, but doubt she will work as a skin. Plus I do feel someone else should be in charge of a Cassandra thread.

Night Gale

Smash Ace
Soph's wardrobe won't diminish her chances; all they have to do is put shorts underneath her outfit.

If they use Cassandra's Soul Calibur II move list she could theoretically work as an echo since that is the only game where they share most of their attacks. Though we can definitely keep the focus on Sophitia here, especially since there is a separate support group dedicated to Cassandra. I'll show that thread to my sister a kind stranger who happens to be a Cassandra fan; they could probably provide valuable input there.

Edit: I knew it. The mad lass bumped it.

Last edited:

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Yeah I just came from the Cassandra thread and met her. :)

Anyway, of course personally I do not have any problem with the way Sophitia dresses. But we have seen how CERO have been against Sakurai; and that most people have taken it against him. And even before that, usually when I show my support for Sophitia; I am always pointed as a perv that only wants her in for her boobs, and that she is a ho as every game it progresses for wearing skimpy clothing.

I know it can easily be fixed. But many, just as Mai say it would break ruin her character,

She can easily wear her classic blue dress, with a more closed chest area and her long boots. (Though I prefer her classic Greek sandals wear).

A semi-armour like her original appearance.

Her elegant suits.

Her pink suit.

And that funny hat suit.

Not sure what to do now to get her more noticed, as there is no such thing like the ballot. Early this decade, there was this girl whose name escapes me; had an account on Deviantart where she had lots of SC X SSB art, mainly focusing on the Alexandra sisters. But then she closed her DA account, went to Tumblr under the user name fukdapoliz, but seems to have vanished again; and even then she no longer did similar art, and seems her originals are gone forever.

When the 3DS/Wii U incarnation came, this user under the name Gerif_8 really wanted Sophitia as well; but never came back and I planned to make a big campaign to get Sophitia noticed during the ballot days.

Sadly I was alone for it, and nothing came from it.

Nowadays, not sure what to think. I have never been charismatic, and whenever I bring Sophitia in Smash at places like 4chan; things do not end well, as immediatly they bring Nightmare or Yoshimitsu. And they do deserve to get in, due to their own rights; but I am really going on with Sophitia all by myself.

Closest thing I could do, is write via Twitter to Harada. I have done it in the past to get no reply so far, but after the meltdown he had. It would not be wise. Though it has been mentioned that Harada´s favorite SC character is Sophitia; and he did rescue the series after the wreck SCV was with Sophie´s kids.

Night Gale

Smash Ace
Cero's main problem is visible panties, bruh. I think it's a non-issue because Smash Bros. has proven it is willing to use workarounds for its playable characters. I highly doubt that wardrobe is a determining factor. We have a half-naked Shulk costume ffs.

There's a difference between what Sophitia is wearing and this:

All they have to do conceal her panties by giving her shorts or putting a dark void underneath her outfit and she can bypass the censors like Palutena, Corrin, and so on. Relax.

Anyone who thinks you're a perv for liking a character whose entire theme involves righteousness knows nothing about Sophitia. lmao

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Cero's main problem is visible panties, bruh. I think it's a non-issue because Smash Bros. has proven it is willing to use workarounds for its playable characters. I highly doubt that wardrobe is a determining factor. We have a half-naked Shulk costume ffs.

There's a difference between what Sophitia is wearing and this:

All they have to do conceal her panties by giving her shorts or putting a dark void underneath her outfit and she can bypass the censors like Palutena, Corrin, and so on. Relax.

Anyone who thinks you're a perv for liking a character whose entire theme involves righteousness knows nothing about Sophitia. lmao

I don't think using Shulk is the best example.

Besides, the actual issue is that Sak tends to go for a series' oldest known main character first, so Mitsurugi or Siegfried may get in before Sophitia.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
I have heard CERO also has issues with female breasts. And we know Sophitia and Cassandra have certain attacks where they spin in the air. but personally I feel it is easier to do something on it, like longer skirts or stockings like Cassandra.

There really is not support for Sophitia anywhere, and whenever I bring it up they bring the perv thing, heavier on 4chan. and yeah it is not the same thing. Male skin exposure is not the same as to what female characters can wear. Hence why fan service towards females is OK in these times of progress.

Seigfried, Mitsu and Sophitia have been there since the start. But canonwise, Sohitia alongside Taki, was the one who stopped the very first boss.

Last edited:

KatKit

Smash Lord
Siegfried/Nightmare, Mitsurugi, Taki, Kilik/Seong Mi-na, and Xianghua all have a viable shot, TBH. With that being said, Sophitia has a lot in her favor. She's a poster girl used in promotional material, she's popular, she's both an antagonist and protagonist, she's appeared in crossovers, she's the developer's go-to moveset like Ryu is for his series, etc. Here's what I said about her elsewhere:

As we know, Soul Calibur is Siegfried's story, but other characters (Kilik/Sophitia/Xianghua/Ivy/Nightmare), have been given huge roles at times, and/or are heavily promoted (Mitsurugi/Taki/Sophitia). However, I could easily see Sophitia Alexandra getting in. Sophitia has a lot going for her in and out of her home series. She's relevant enough to have two kids and her sister in the games; the former being the central characters of their game, and the latter representing the only physical connection to the old timeline (i.e. everything before the Soul Calibur 6 reboot). She's a well-intentioned extremist, and it's fitting that her likeness was used to portray the physical manifestation of Soul Calibur itself. The titular blade represents absolute order at all costs, which is Sophitia in a nutshell. Sophitia was one of the few to defeat Soul Edge (with some help from Taki) in canon. She's heavily featured in merchandising. Several reveal trailers use Sophitia's home stages and themes. For example, remember the reveal trailer and gameplay showcase trailers for Soul Calibur 6?

Being the wandering swordsman seeking strength type, I can see Mitsurugi getting in; dude is like Soul Calibur's equivalent to Ryu in that regard. However, gameplay-wise, Sophitia fills that role; throughout the series, we've had 4 different characters with movesets based off of her (Cassandra, Lizardman, Pat, and Pyrrha) and one that was planned but scrapped: Azola (who later made an appearance in SC4). Heck, even the Charades in Namco x Capcom had her moveset.
Anyway, you can add me to the support list. :) Though I'm all about dat Cass, ahaha.

Last edited:

Night Gale

Smash Ace
We should talk about her move list. Sophitia would bring a new movement option to the game in the form of Angel Step and Angel Twin Step.

We customarily associate the :GCD::GCDR::GCR: input with projectiles such as Hadoken. However, the motion has other uses like Angel Step, which is extremely versatile because it is Sophitia's primary means of movement, attack, and defense. It can never be used mindlessly because the numerous follow-up attacks it enables require proper execution, spacing, and timing. For instance, it is a mobile counter but its counter window is very short and you are still susceptible to being attacked. In order to perform certain strikes you also need to be the proper distance from your opponent. If you press forward or quickly input the motion a second time, the character gains momentum, crouches closer to the ground and uses a maneuver called Angel Twin Step with its own set of uses.

We could get all that s*** from just one move assigned to a sequence of directional button inputs. Sophitia would bring a new way to manuever and approach; a new way to dodge and counter; and a new way to combo and use follow-up attacks.

Here's an old snippet of a match against my sis. B**** had me beat but went for the anime ending.

Last edited:

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Sort of off topic. but also on Sophitia. I feel someone it would be really hard for someone like Sophitia to exist.

However, the closest I could imagine would be actress Margaret Markov in her prime.

4ac65a8f729eeed34b6138c3040ac2c5.jpg

11.PNG

lzYQqlNiGKGHPDSPDNmXSfdyYj2.jpg

Margaret was very beautiful, still alive but I really cannot see someone who could match Sophitia nowadays. Back in the early 2000's, some suggested Charlize Theron, should had played Sophitia in live action SC movies; but Margaret has always been the closest. Margaret mostly did NSFW stuff, so these are the only pics I will place of her in this site.

Night Gale

Smash Ace
Soul Calibur is a hot topic right now so I'm going to bump this in case new people are interested in Sophitia over other characters.

Season 2 came out recently and now my betch has new attacks.

Last edited:

Night Gale

Smash Ace
I wanted to use Nightmare but I suck with him. lmao He's cool nonetheless.

I share the same sentiment. We all have our favorites but I think SC fans just want it to be in Super Smash in general. The timing for others joining the bandwagon is great though because season 2 is the s*** and I can talk about it all day.

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I’ve always secretly wanted Sophitia tbh. I’m not familiarized with the SC lore all that much.

I know a bit of Soul Edge since I beat the arcade once.
SC3 and SC4 because I own both.

And that’s it.

But my favorite characters are:
Sophitia
Mitsurugi
Nightmare
Taki
Kilik.

For Smash though, Sophitia has always been my most wanted, but I’ve also eased to the idea of Nightmare.
I wouldn’t find anyone else too amusing.

Edit: Have I missed out on anything SC related lately? It can’t be pure coincidence that I just discovered this support thread. :o

Last edited:

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
OK, I have been trying to say I have a devious plan; but been too busy with work and family to say it here.

I have the idea that we should send respectful short messages to Mr. Harada on how we want Sophitia to be playable in Super Smash Bros.

This not only because he works at Bamco, but because he has said Sophitia is his favorite character from the Soul Calibur series.

However, he has also said to people to stop sending him Twitter messages about Super Smash Bros or else he will tell Sakurai to not respect any of the character requests sent to him (Sakurai said it himself about him in the latest Direct). So I believe we should try to be as brief and respectful to Mr. Harada about wanting Sophitia to be playable, and pointing out he loves her too so maybe wishes to see her among Nintendo´s greatest in SSB. Because doubt he would try to neglect her in a way; unless he really does not want to see Sophitia playable in Smash.

And we have to be careful; while he does not see to be rude as Bayonetta´s creator who bans people in Twitter, we should not try to annoy him, so we only send him one message each, but it would help all Sophitia fans Twit him about this, so we can have support in numbers.

For now I will ask you guys for help. This is the message I plan to write to Mr. Harada, but I will quote it here so you can give me suggestions on how to make it breif and respectful by proofreading it. I may send it tomorrow night or on Sunday. Even if we somewhat fail, there is the saying that there is no such thing as bad publicity.

Hello Mr. Harada. Sorry to bother you; I have heard Sophitia Alexandra is your favorite character from Soul Calibur. She is mine as well, and is loved worldwide. I know you did say for people to stop seinding you suggestions for the Super Smash Bros games; I understand it is overwhelming. What I wish to say is that I would like to have Sophitia Alexandra playable someway in the future of the Super Smash Bros. series. Ever since Link was a guest in Soul Calibur 2 for the GameCube; there is the need of a Soul Calibur character in the Smash Bros series; and Sophitia is the perfect choice as she represents the series as a whole, being the soul of the "Soul" series itself, for the way she reaches many of the characters in it. That is all, I am trying to be breif in order not to bother you; but I know you love Sophitia, and it would be great to pay her that admiration by being present and playable sometime in the future in the Super Smash Bros series. Hopefully as soon as possible. Thank you for your time Mr. Harada!

Night Gale

Smash Ace
The DLC is already decided but you can politely bring it to his attention if want to, although I wouldn't advise it. If I were you, I would try to translate the message to Japanese, if possible.

Instead of making a request, I would make a suggestion. For example:

"Hey, Harada. I'm a fan of Sophitia and I heard you are as well. It was interesting to see her guest star in Warriors Orochi! Personally, I think she would be perfect for Tekken, a 2D weapon-based fighter, and Super Smash Bros. Are there any games you'd like to see her in? Thank you for your time. Keep up the good work."

Any response would put her in the spotlight. It's brief, shows that I have knowledge about the character, expresses interest in his work, and doesn't give the impression of begging, while simultaneously gets him to think about the implication.

Last edited:

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Yes, I know, forgot to add that I already know that next 6 characters are already decided, that is why say the possibility of adding Sophitia in a nearby future.

OK you suggest not do do it, I can´t type in Japanese but thanks for a suggestion on the message.

Top Bottom