• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sooooo....

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
You can full hop and fade a u-air and still hit a standing olimar. u-air is also the quickest method in killing pikmin....just saying its possible to win a match using only u-air to move around and fair to knock back/kill ; maybe some pound for retardimars....anyway im bored of the lack of topics and thought id discuss a few things.

nairing backwards- create a bair pressure situation, wait for your opponent to rush you before you can bair and nair instead, sometimes combos into f-tilt/grab.

full-hop fair through your opponent, fastfall up-air- so your opponent thought they could start the match with a generic shield grab...WELL THEY THOUGHT WRONG!:mad::p

grab at nothing twice and dash attack-legit mindgame mango used it on m2k, if they rush they get grabbed if they turtle their shield is most likely small(not gonna happen)

mango combo#2(jabjab d-tilt)- IT WORKS....sometimes xd

cpu jigglerpuff combo (jabjabjab rollout)- thought your cpus weren't mindless? think again. opponent will laugh, and you get 13%

Any questions?

Exegguter

Smash Lord
i lold at the cpu combo deff. gonna try that 1 out if it works ill give u a cooky :3

the nair combo, mehhh, imma try that 1 out 2 but i have my doubts about that

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
only airdodge if your dodging a tilt or smash. if their shielding they can punish you and your better off using up-air or bair as your going through. Or land and grab/tilt, or rest OoSD

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Yeah, the total benefit of landing *ANY* hit on Olimar ends up being pretty high. It's the textbook case of when fair should *not* be saved.

Also, Rollout is the best move in the game for testing the enemy's intelligence.

Vmage

Smash Journeyman
Ok it's Canada. That's it no more details.
Yeah, the total benefit of landing *ANY* hit on Olimar ends up being pretty high. It's the textbook case of when fair should *not* be saved.

Also, Rollout is the best move in the game for testing the enemy's intelligence.
Yes that's true. Well for shielding. That one is the main one. Try doing a rollout on CPU Wolf lvl9. He uses his reflector very well. Try and figure out how to hit him with a rollout.

Note that some CPUs don't know that they should use a higher platform to dodge your rollouts.

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
my cpu jiggz always starts the match by jabbing at the air and charging a rollout right after. i copy him and jab at the air as i lol and don't see the rollout. IT MUST BE A COMBO!!!! xdxdxdxdxd

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
You can full hop and fade a u-air and still hit a standing olimar. u-air is also the quickest method in killing pikmin....just saying its possible to win a match using only u-air to move around and fair to knock back/kill ; maybe some pound for retardimars....anyway im bored of the lack of topics and thought id discuss a few things.

nairing backwards- create a bair pressure situation, wait for your opponent to rush you before you can bair and nair instead, sometimes combos into f-tilt/grab.

full-hop fair through your opponent, fastfall up-air- so your opponent thought they could start the match with a generic shield grab...WELL THEY THOUGHT WRONG!:mad::p

grab at nothing twice and dash attack-legit mindgame mango used it on m2k, if they rush they get grabbed if they turtle their shield is most likely small(not gonna happen)

mango combo#2(jabjab d-tilt)- IT WORKS....sometimes xd

cpu jigglerpuff combo (jabjabjab rollout)- thought your cpus weren't mindless? think again. opponent will laugh, and you get 13%

Any questions?
I love you

Veril

Frame Savant
No, the shield is the best move in the game for that. Its also the best move in the game period... unless its Yoshi, he got shafted with his terrible shield.

other than that technicality... Yes it is a move that genuinely is terrible but good at the same time.

Nairing backwards is bad. I mean, its Jiggs so mindgames son and w/e... but its bad. Except against Diddy.

Vmage

Smash Journeyman
No, the shield is the best move in the game for that. Its also the best move in the game period... unless its Yoshi, he got shafted with his terrible shield.

other than that technicality... Yes it is a move that genuinely is terrible but good at the same time.

Nairing backwards is bad. I mean, its Jiggs so mindgames son and w/e... but its bad. Except against Diddy.
Shield very often. Trust me. It really helps. The only thing that will harm you while shielding is grabs and a charged shield breaker(marth's b move). (Note that you don't need to worry about item shield breakers.)

I have to agree that n air backwards is bad. You got a shorter range and it makes no big difference than doing n air forwards. Just do b air to attack backwards in the air. You can do more damage and has farther range. With a small chance of doing Wall of Pain.:)

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
Shield very often. Trust me. It really helps. The only thing that will harm you while shielding is grabs and a charged shield breaker(marth's b move). (Note that you don't need to worry about item shield breakers.)

I have to agree that n air backwards is bad. You got a shorter range and it makes no big difference than doing n air forwards. Just do b air to attack backwards in the air. You can do more damage and has farther range. With a small chance of doing Wall of Pain.:)
lolololololol...sorry, but your posts sometimes....idk....you have to expect more from people's intelligence. Telling someone to shield isn't a good tip for experienced players lolol

Vmage

Smash Journeyman
lolololololol...sorry, but your posts sometimes....idk....you have to expect more from people's intelligence. Telling someone to shield isn't a good tip for experienced players lolol
:(.....:embarrass.......:cry:

I tried But I'm honest but Jigglypuff is the only character I'm good with.:embarrass(hate to repeat this but it's true.)
I have much to learn:(
My character of choice brought me to the wrong path. My replays are full of cpu battles. One day I will find a way that no one discoverd yet. Or help new Jigglypuff users. I have a goal dream. That one day we all advance tiers and soon see Jigglypuff users beat :metaknight::gw::snake: in finals tournaments.(or more often)

Noobicidal

Smash Master
One day I will find a way that no one discoverd yet. Or help new Jigglypuff users. I have a goal dream. That one day we all advance tiers and soon see Jigglypuff users beat in finals tournaments.(or more often)
No, you won't, and no, we won't.

MKOwnage

Smash Journeyman
Nice tips. Is it normal for Ike newbs to rage quit on wifi after getting owned by Jigglerpuff? It happened to me a number of times today.

Veril

Frame Savant
the shield is the best move in the game
:lick:

The shield lasts just 2 frames under 3 seconds and only a tiny handful of moves in the entire game approach actually being frame safe on block. I've written a fairly long and detailed treatise on the shield, but I only show that to researchers and people who I like / ask really nicely.

One day I will find a way that no one discoverd yet.
Best of luck. Keep in mind that Woody, Greg, and I have all put a TON of work into Jigglypuff and we haven't exactly kept secrets. Greg practically s***s golden nuggets of truth. I could, and in the past basically have, written a book on all the technical minutia of this character (and at this point am one of the top frame experts for vbrawl). Woody is really inventive and has a long history of coming up with a lot of the same things I have, even before me in the case of buffering sliding shields on landing to conserve aerial momentum (though I did immediately recognize the value of what he was talking about, despite my being a relative noob at the time, when other people were talking **** >.<). That and he's doing Pivot crap with her that nobody else is from what I've seen.

Jiggs did not lack for people who tried to improve her. I've still got my list of true combos (yes, with Jiggs, in vBrawl) and KO% by stage/location/DI saved on a portable hard-drive along with all the interrupt rest information. Then I look at the Snake/MK frame traps and IC advanced techniques and the jiggs data looks pretty sad.

If you find something genuinely new and tier-shattering that would make us all very happy though, just realize that a lot of work has been pored into Jiggs and she's a simple, unimpressive character with limited options and unlimited... cuteness.

Nice tips. Is it normal for Ike newbs to rage quit on wifi after getting owned by Jigglerpuff? It happened to me a number of times today.
Yes. That sounds about right.

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
lolol mangos jabjab dtilt actually can work in brawl.. i pulled off against someone once..

but it was situational, it was like, the two jabs forced him off the stage then as he fell the dtilt hit him before he grabed the edge.

Veril

Frame Savant
jab jab d-tilt doesn't actually work. I mean, unless the standard for "work" is that the person does nothing to avoid it... at all.

Veril

Frame Savant
Jab doesn't combo into anything unless its a jab-reset in which case they're ****ed cause that's a lock. Jab x2, if the opponent is airborne and lands during the tiny bit of hitstun, can string into grab because of the extra 4 frames of lag they suffer for landing in hitstun (but not tumble). Jab is unsafe on block until upper mid%, or high % against heavies cause of the hitstun variance. Jab sucks!

d-tilt should never be used ever. I know people use it on rare rare occasions... don't. Its terrible beyond belief. I think Sakurai was literally like, lets make this move complete **** so nobody ever uses it.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I hit Kel out of nado in a tourney match this weekend with d-tilt. Best move in the game.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
I stopped a game and watches d-smash with a d-tilt. It felt amazing. It shouldn't of happened. Actually whole match shouldn't of happened lol.

Also Veril whats wrong with retreating n-air? :confused:

Um... I'm sorry, what?
I think what woody means is if your opponent just mindlessly rushes at you and u happen to throw d-tilt out at the right time, it will hit them.

Top Bottom