• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sooooo... How many Daisy fans are switching mains?

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
There are probably dozens of us.

Dozens

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
TBQH, I would feel bit disoriented on watching Daisy basically imitate Peach in her current appearance from what we've gotten so far - since a lot of the moves don't exactly fit her character in Peach's attack repertoire overall. So I'm bit torn on if to try making the switch.

Dandelionel

Smash Apprentice
Peach is basically my secondary already, so Daisy will take her place. But my main will be Zelda since she is so much fun and she is so freaking CUTE in this game.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Peach is basically my secondary already, so Daisy will take her place. But my main will be Zelda since she is so much fun and she is so freaking CUTE in this game.
Definitely cute as all hell. I was expecting a BotW redesign, but LBW was a fantastic choice.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Hard to say... depends on whether Daisy has Peach's floating ability or not.

I imagine the lack of the floating ability would make Daisy play much differently from Peach even if they have the same moves.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Hard to say... depends on whether Daisy has Peach's floating ability or not.

I imagine the lack of the floating ability would make Daisy play much differently from Peach even if they have the same moves.
Considering that Young Link, Pichu and Dr. Mario weren't considered "echo characters" despite their similarities to their counterparts, I'm guessing Daisy is VERY similar. Even though she's never been one to float or garden.

I'd be ecstatic to find more changes have been made to fit her personality, but I'm going to assume basically nothing and be pleasantly surprised if I'm wrong.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
I'm on the Daisy team as a sort of Peach main in smash 4. Let's go flower girl

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Considering that Young Link, Pichu and Dr. Mario weren't considered "echo characters" despite their similarities to their counterparts, I'm guessing Daisy is VERY similar. Even though she's never been one to float or garden.

I'd be ecstatic to find more changes have been made to fit her personality, but I'm going to assume basically nothing and be pleasantly surprised if I'm wrong.
Pretty much my view on this whole thing - hence why I'm bit wondering over her inclusion this way. Seems bit like they threw her to please the fans mainly, but didn't entirely think fully on it aside from certain cosmetic and attribute changes. To me it's bit difficult to adjust the fact that Melee Clones feel more their own character than Daisy is basically.

Morbi

Scavenger
Yes. I never identified with Peach whatsoever. She just fit my play-style; however, Daisy is my favorite Mario character, no brainer. I do not even view it as "switching mains" so much as instead of spray-tan Peach, I get the real deal.

Almand

Smash Journeyman
I've always liked to play Peach, but now I'm moving to Daisy as a main, alongside Pac-Man. I'm still in shock, tbh, I can't believe Sakurai actually did it to us.

RustyRemains

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-1666-4551-3124
Peach being one of my mains makes me really excited to try out Daisy as well, so there's quite a big chance Daisy will end up being one of my mains this time around as well

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Daisy still has the float, but I was always drawn to unorthodox and item characters, so I might take up the challenge for my girl.
However, there are a few characters I'd like to try too, like Pokémon Trainer, Wolf and Zelda

Ulk

Smash Cadet
Peach was never really my primariy main, but I still use her a lot.

And honestly... I don't know. I like Peach. I don't necessarily "like" Daisy yet, but I might when I get to play as her. What I primarily like about Peach however, and what I already like about Daisy, is the moveset. And a slightly different version of Peach's moveset provided it's not purely visual? This can go either way. Chances are I'll like it even more than Peach's.

DrROBschiz

Smash Apprentice
Peach has been my main since melee and no other character has been as great for me

And I play lots of characters for fun and used to be pretty good with Ness, Dr Mario, and Samus

Peach is next level for my playstyle though. So much versatility and can hot swap between offense and defense successfully

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime

Both Young Link and Pichu have different proportions that their original characters, though. With the changes to adult Link, Young Link got slightly more unique by proxy, too. I am sure they could have made Doctor Mario are an echo fighter if their definition of such was a bit loser, though.

Takasmash

Smash Ace
I am going to play my princess trio everyday and of course someone else too it not MK8.

Itty Bit

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Itty Bit♪
3DS FC
2878-9679-6999
Peach is my girl at this point, so it's gonna be hard to let go of her.
I think ultimately its just gonna boil down to what makes Daisy different from peach, and weather or not one of them feels better than the other to me.

-Kagato-

The Final Boss
NNID
Kagato_Jurai
3DS FC
0173-1827-3106
Switching mains? No. But Peach is definitely getting replaced by Daisy in my small band of misfits that I use. I'm sure she'll feel comfortable next to two large fire-breathing monsters, Cat Magneto, a blue lemon dispenser, and a crossdressing ninja.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Switching mains? No. But Peach is definitely getting replaced by Daisy in my small band of misfits that I use. I'm sure she'll feel comfortable next to two large fire-breathing monsters, Cat Magneto, a blue lemon dispenser, and a crossdressing ninja.
Ok I figured out the others, but who the heck is Cat Magneto and the crossdressing ninja?

-Kagato-

The Final Boss
NNID
Kagato_Jurai
3DS FC
0173-1827-3106
Infoholic gets the prize! +25 Kagato Dollars. Please spend wisely at any Final Boss merchandise outlet.

rupan

Smash Cadet
Kinda tried out peach in past games and found it pretty fun, I wouldn't mind learning how to play Peach if it means I get to play as Daisy

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
Actually I prefer Peach over Daisy but there's a good chance I'll be switching. It has everything to do with one thing, their voices.

I know a lot of people give Daisy grief over her voice but I stopped playing Peach in Smash4 because of it, and if it looks to be retained like Mario's was, I'll definitely prefer listening to Daisy based on what I've heard so far.

Uffe

Smash Hero
I've always selected the Daisey color palette in previous Smash games whenever I'd use Peach. I guess for me it would have to come down to whether or not Daisy was a better character in terms of frame data and combos. Then again, I main Ness, and I feel like Lucas is a better character, but I love Ness more, so I'd probably just stick with using Peach. Who really knows, though?

mediyogurt

Smash Cadet
I've been a Peach main for forever, so she's grown on me because of that, but it will ultimately come down to whoever has better data. If they're so similar there's basically no difference, i'll possibly go with Daisy. Her animations are so sassy!

maxistrife

Smash Apprentice
Depends largely if anyone points out differences in their basic stats. I favor speed over power, and if Paisy pulls a Simter or RyuKen, one could be faster than the other in exchange for power/weight, and I would shift to whoever is faster.

Top Bottom