• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sooo No boss rush mode ?

JonSmash

Smash Ace
sakurai said home run is the last new game mode to be added :/

I feel like boss rush would be easy to add tho :/

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
Development is winding down to some degree. I expect season 2, however many more characters that'll be, will conclude Ultimate's support outside of, perhaps, small balance patches if they even go that route. It'd be nice to have but modes divert attention from the character creation, I'd assume. Characters MAY come quicker if the team is focused on just characters and not new modes? Dunno. I still would love a Break the Targets or Board the Platforms mode again but that'll never come back T_T

Sebas22

Smash Journeyman
The last stage of World of Light is the Boss Rush mode.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
Sebas22 Sebas22 can that stage be replayed over & over again easly ?

Wigglerman Wigglerman they could just update stage builder to have a target & board the platorms make letting us make infinite BTT & BTP stages

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
Sebas22 Sebas22 can that stage be replayed over & over again easly ?

Wigglerman Wigglerman they could just update stage builder to have a target & board the platorms make letting us make infinite BTT & BTP stages
I'd rather official ones. No offense to be made here but many, many stage makers are not good stage makers. Maybe creative at times but mechanically they are bad. Often overly complex which makes it so platforms aren't complete and cause random fall throughs or other nonsense. I wouldn't expect them to make unique stages for everyone like Smash 64 as doing so for every character now would be a nightmare, even if it would be neat to have the stages catered specifically like they were prior to make use of the characters strengths.

I'd settle with fan made target/platform stages but I'd imagine it wouldn't be as fun an experience as things like Mario Maker since it'd be tacked on and not built around like Mario Maker, thus a bit of a problem.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Seeing how Break the Targets was on off-brand Angry Birds last time, I can take it not coming back until they have a chance to come up with something good for it again next game.

I'm just glad Home Run Contest is still a tradition. :ultganondorf:

HenryXLII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HenryXLII
3DS FC
3153-3904-2933
Rather than boss rush mode, I would prefer a "Build Your Own Classic Mode" kinda thing. It would enable you to fight any boss you want at any point, and you could share created classic modes online with other players. You could even make Galeem or Dharkon the final boss of classic if you beat world of light before hand.

The mode would be simple. You go to the character select screen, pick the characters you want to fight as well as the stage, and do that a few times with a boss selector at the end.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
At this point I'd much rather have more developed gamemodes than more DLC fighters.

If they did a DLC pack where instead of new fighters it's new gamemodes I'm sold.

I miss boss rush so much.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
I'd have to wonder how difficult it'd be to just slap the Bosses onto Classic Mode's format, especially since you already have that kind of thing going on (minus the hands) in the WoL finale (and maybe instead of the minigame, it's the Master Hand beating up mob characters thing). Hell, could it still exist under the "pretty much the final new mode" comment Sakurai made for Home-Run Contest, considering the basis of this mode would be both presumably extremely easy to do in comparison and almost entirely covered already through the WoL thing of the game?

Top Bottom