• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic VS Belmonts

HenryXLII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HenryXLII
3DS FC
3153-3904-2933
Local Robin main here going through an existential secondary crises, Sonic seems to bring some peace. What I wonder though is how Sonic does against the Belmonts? Or heavy zoners in general.

On paper it should be a winning match up, but I have not gotten the practice yet. Can any long time Sonic players tell me their experience?

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
In my experience, like a lot of zoners, you have to fight them by not letting up on pressure once you get an opening. It can be really frustrating to deal with their barrage of items and coverage of ledge options and jump-ins but overall it's likely Sonic's favor.

:093:

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
You basically have to make the Belmont's commit and get into an acceptable range so when they DO commit to a projectile you can basically zoom in around it, but still beware of angled fair, good belmonts will usually try to cover themselves with that obnoxious whip, but if you can simply get in, it'll be very hard for them to get you off. Knock em off stage but don't underestimate their low uair recovery, make sure you give them zero breathing room even if you think you've finished them off.

Top Bottom