• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic The Fighters

Team Giza

Smash Lord
That one was sweet!

Also, that Laughing Otter loves Amy, doesn't he/she?
He mains as her. Its really the only character he knows how to play as well. He likes her character because she is well rounded. Decent Range, a good throw (especially in corners), a few subpar projectiles, some fast attacks, and power hits too. He doesn't own the game so he decided it would be best just to pick up one character.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
He mains as her. Its really the only character he knows how to play as well. He likes her character because she is well rounded. Decent Range, a good throw (especially in corners), a few subpar projectiles, some fast attacks, and power hits too. He doesn't own the game so he decided it would be best just to pick up one character.
That makes sense.

This reminds me of the first time I played Super Smash Bros., which was over at a friend's house. I wanted to be Mario, but there were already 3 other people there, so I didn't get a chance.

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
I remember playing this game.Great characters,Nack,Bark,Espio.The crazy thing is,the only times I played it were at a Q-Zar,arcade style.Q-Zar anyone?

Sgt.Frog

Smash Apprentice
I found it really hard...
My brother had it on Gems too. It wasn't that great IMO. A bit crappy

K64

Smash Apprentice
Sonic the Fighters is a good game, but I hate Metal Sonic. He's such an overpowered character and can kill u in no time at all. Amy- oh, Amy.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Sonic the Fighters is a good game, but I hate Metal Sonic. He's such an overpowered character and can kill u in no time at all. Amy- oh, Amy.
Agree'd on both the game being good and Metal Sonic being overpowered.

I actually just played this game again on Gems collection recently. My "mains" are Espio and Fang.

Dan G.

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2449-4699-8739
This is actually pretty cool. Someone should probably make an official Facebook group or something so we can better organize ourselves.

Also, yes, I am actually replying to an 8 year old thread. Get on my level.

Theguesst

Smash Rookie
As far as I can tell this game is dead online for xbox 360. Played this game with a buddy and was surprised at how reasonably good is is 1v1. Would be great to see if there's some playerbase out there to connect with.

Team Giza

Smash Lord
A lot of the information I posted is likely outdated and probably could be seen as disinformation at this point.

But yeah, Amy is fun af. I doubt she is top but she is likely better than people give her credit for.

Kaze Arashi

Smash Journeyman
Queens New York. Occasionally in Smashville
NNID
marshie2014
I bought Sonic Gems Collection for pretty cheap. Hoping to finally play the one major sonic game that eluded me for so long, Sonic CD. After playing Sonic CD and being horribly disappointed, I thought I might as well get some time in Sonic the Fighters. I liked it... a lot. So I wanted to see if anyone could help me compile info on techniques and combos and stuff.

Now I am just gonna copy a post I made on another message board some months back.

Tier List (still probably way off)
-As of 4/30/2007-

Top Tier:
Knuckles- (Corner Combo-er. Knuckles has good moves to push opponents into corners. Sub-par throw damage but throw is a great set up move. Good damage, good follow ups. Hyper Mode is pretty devastating since you can continue it into a normal combo easily. Useful kicks and a good dodge.)

Espio- (Long Tongue Allows him to Land Chase well and continue combos. Lots of Ways to Deal with Projectile Spamming. Powerful Hyper Mode potential. Has a beautiful approach in his Overhead Chop. Powerful throws and follow ups.)

High Tier:
Bean- (Double Air Bomb add up damage fast, Decent Hyper Mode, fast neutral punch combo, Powerful and useful throws, Powerful kicks. Melee moves are a bit slow.)

Fang- (Tons of Projectiles, nearly untouchable in hyper mode. Good Land Chases namely Quick Shot, or Super Shot closer to corners. Powerful throws and follow ups. Fast attack tend not to follow. Definitely not the god most people think he is. Has a few unlockables though.)

Mid Tier:
Tails- (Fast dodge, Deadly Throws. Has a Unblockable. Lack of Pushing moves.)

Sonic- (Great Barrier Breaker but those moves actually do weak damage if they aren't blocked. Decent Neutral Punch combos and a few good launchers, grabs are decent. All around poor damage minus jab combo, but fast)

Low Tier:
Bark- (Powerful moves. Devastating throws. Good Barrier breaking moves. Lack of Hyper Transformation in Air. Slow, very slow, lacks the ability to crouch.)

Amy- (Slow. Damage isn't too great for her speed. Throws aren't great and only give set ups in corners. Sub par projectiles. Has some good combos but are hard to perform or can be rolled out of easily except in corners.)
----
~Videos~
Giza (Espio) vs _jFK (Bean) [4/21/07]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOQL6ql7NOs

Giza (Fang) vs _jFK (Bean) [4/21/07]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQMz3VL4KKc

Giza (Knuckles) vs _jFK (Sonic) [4/21/07]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jri4IYnBXVM

Giza (Espio) vs _jFK (Sonic) Set [4/21/07]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsIOcBqOecc

Giza (Bark) vs _jFK (Sonic) Set [4/21/07]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rrj9QgBSLIA

\/-Following are played on Bad set of rules :infinite apologies:-\/
Chucoo (Amy) vs Gai (Knuckles) [10/18/06]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oD-WyOuUV6A

Giza (Bean) vs NwordTim (Sonic) [03/3/07]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8XN874O-Fk
If all of this exists...SONIC FIGHTERS FOR EVO?

Polymath

Smash Rookie
I realize this thread is super old but I just played this game today and it’s a lot of fun. Wish more people played it, a competitive scene would be awesome.

WaffleHouseIndex

Smash Rookie
I realize this thread is super old but I just played this game today and it’s a lot of fun. Wish more people played it, a competitive scene would be awesome.
I picked up gems for the first time in years the other day and started playing Fighters to find that, to my surprise, it's a really deep game. Maybe someone can get some sort of netplay set up.

Top Bottom