• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic Spindash Kill Mixup (Spring Ride)

Xyrohip

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Xyrohip
A few months ago a well known player known as Wrath released a video on a 'tech' known as spring ride (Tech Found by Camalange Camalange and @Sonic Orochi )
(Seen here https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8HteN7wBUkA ) where spring is used to lift midair opponents upwards to get kills at very early percents. Over the weekend I realized that this can be performed out of an u air at low percents. This can also be done out of a spindash
(As seen here https://youtu.be/le6gjiAj8q0 )
Iv decided to test thus further to see what
characters this is best on. Many already know that this technique is not safe on most characters as they can kill you off the top. This technique doesn't work on all characters (Ex Falcon, ZSS, Sheik, Fox other fastfallers etc) there are a few characters that cannot punish you because their aerials get beat out by u air. This then turns into a 50/50 with airdodge / jump. Some characters are able to jump out of this while other cannot. I will be testing this on all characters to see what their options are and the Risk | Reward provided from this. For now I suggest that you only use this as a mixup or against players that have predictable habits. Keep an eye on this thread for updates in the near future
https://youtu.be/UALb-iwtEuM

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Spring Ride is known about, and though I'm not sure if Wrath himself discovered it (Fairly certain it was Sonic Orochi, or possibly even someone earlier), but I support the initiative of a compiled database for it.

Spring Ride can net some early, cheesy kills... But as stated, some characters get sent too high after the bounce, and every character can act out of it before Sonic can on reaction, so it's not safe. Might even result in you dying instead in some cases.

:093:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
View attachment 97277
Wrath didn't discover Spring Ride haha. IIRC it was found in testing with Camalange Camalange @Espy Rose and @Sonic Orochi
It might've been found in Brawl? But not sure
Yeah, I honestly can't remember exactly who put it to test first, but there was a brain trust. Gradually made it's way out there and more people started experimenting with it.

It wasn't in Brawl though, as Sonic couldn't carry people from the Spring bounce in the air, unlike certain characters who could (Game & Watch).

Xyrohip

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Xyrohip
Spring Ride is known about, and though I'm not sure if Wrath himself discovered it (Fairly certain it was Sonic Orochi, or possibly even someone earlier), but I support the initiative of a compiled database for it.

Spring Ride can net some early, cheesy kills... But as stated, some characters get sent too high after the bounce, and every character can act out of it before Sonic can on reaction, so it's not safe. Might even result in you dying instead in some cases.

Again I know its rather risky but its very good against a select few.

WrathTheHedgehog

Smash Rookie
I didnt discover it. I simply only made a video of it because there were no videos at the time. I heard about it from Dino who told me Sonic Orochi and Cama found it so I give full props to them.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Kels, myself, and I'm sure a couple others, will be leading a larger initiative to compile data for Spring Ride on every character.

Xyrohip

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Xyrohip
Kels, myself, and I'm sure a couple others, will be leading a larger initiative to compile data for Spring Ride on every character.

Ik your not a big fan of discord but it would be cool if you guys could pop in every once and a while and tell us what your working on :p I want the character to be more centralized

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Ik your not a big fan of discord but it would be cool if you guys could pop in every once and a while and tell us what your working on :p I want the character to be more centralized
We've mostly been using Skype... I'll probably eventually get a Discord.

megel

Smash Apprentice
so testing on mario luigi peach bowser except roy fox and sheik are fallers can't get spring rider sometimes falcon can get spring ride i testing at lanwar and classroom clash last month

Top Bottom