• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic Speed: A Kirby vs. Sonic MU discussion

Who does this MU favor?

• Kirby

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sonic

Votes: 19 100.0%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member

Hey! I've been thinking about this MU for a while, and would like to discuss it! So, discuss and give your thoughts on this MU below! I will update this once we have gotten a solid grasp on the MU. NOTE: I have included a poll for clarification, but don't pay much attention to it.

Pros for Kirby :4kirby:
Kirby can stop Sonic's spindash with jab (which is incredibly useful). The copy ability makes the MU slightly easier, but still hard. If Kirby plays the waiting & baiting game, camping and baiting out fast attacks, the MU will become winnable, but still hard.

Cons for Kirby :4kirby:
Sonic can overwhelm Kirby with his speed and Sonic has a lot of heavy hitting/fast/multihit moves, which Kirby can not crouch under. The speed problem really makes this MU bad for Kirby. Not only that, but Sonic beats Kirby in air and ground speed and has INSANE killpower.

Pros for Sonic :4sonic:
Sonic can kill Kirby very early with his great finishers, and beats Kirby in air and ground speed. Kirby will just get mowed down by Sonic's speed.

Cons for Sonic :4sonic:
Probably none.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:

brady_boy_26

Smash Cadet
kirby can stop sonics spin dash with rapid jab and nair and can kill slightly earlier that sonic but over all sonic just dominates the MU

D

Deleted member

I agree. Here's my two cents.
So, Sonic is one of the fastest characters in the game, as we all know. Sonic can overpower Kirby with raw speed but the copy ability makes the MU much easier. Kirby can gimp lots of top/high tiers but Sonic is interesting as it's quite hard from my experience to gimp Sonic. Now, I played a tournament set last night vs. a Sonic as Kirby and nearly JV2 stocked him. Course, he wasn't the greatest Sonic, but that might show something.

D

Deleted member

TO ANYONE THAT PLAYS SONIC:
Please, help us out with this MU to give us a better understanding.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Hm. IDK what can really be done about Sonic other than try to make sure he never has the lead. We can't approach him if he doesn't let us, and he doesn't have a copy ability that makes neutral any easier against him. Honestly, that's the biggest thing - we have literally nothing for approach. Everything we have in this MU (like jab) is for stopping approaches.

Oy. Yeah, outside of getting a good lead and making sure it never closes, there's not much to do about this matchup. Final Cutter would be great if had faster startup/endlag.

I can imagine making reads with FC? But that's not something I've gotten to try.

Last edited:

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
I use Sonic as a secondary, and this is easily one of Kirby's worst MU's. Sonic has a lot of kill power, beats us in air and ground speed, and did I mention that Sonic has a lot of kill power? This is a MU I use :4megaman: for, since his array of projectiles do a great job of stopping Sonic.

Top Bottom