• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sonic Says: Ultimate

Sytal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sytal
DB overplayed the supposed lack of intellegence for DK and Knuckles. I don't actually know who would be a better fighter.

Also, as someone who plays Scout as a secondary in TF2 and Tracer in Overwatch, the only comment I have on that video is:
Why did they have a MLG Tracer vs a F2P Scout?
I don't even care who won; it just wasn't entertaining and used mismatched gameplay as a bad source.
Scout didn't even have a non-stock hat. Rigged.

In other Sonic-related news, anyone excited for Lego Sonic in 30 days?

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
DB overplayed the supposed lack of intellegence for DK and Knuckles. I don't actually know who would be a better fighter.

Also, as someone who plays Scout as a secondary in TF2 and Tracer in Overwatch, the only comment I have on that video is:
Why did they have a MLG Tracer vs a F2P Scout?
I don't even care who won; it just wasn't entertaining and used mismatched gameplay as a bad source.
Scout didn't even have a non-stock hat. Rigged.
I didn't really care too much more DK vs Knux, especially since i don't understand either character too much.

Yeah that is basically what everyone is saying about the match. Plus the made it that Tracer somehow survived Scout's taunt kill. Like what?

I mean, i could see why Tracer could win, but over it is very situational, like IF her time thing stops working and IF she is unable to Rewind, then Scout could win

:135:

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Yeah idk why scout was so slow inthat fight; he would easily beat tracer (especially since tracer can only use her blink ability like three times in a match/over a period of time). Also people tend to overlook the fact that the fight is just made for fun and what really matters is the result. As for dk vs knuckles, that one was definitely made to satisfy the mario fanboys, but I still thought that it was alright.

Seriously though, amy vs ramona definitely would've been fun to watch if there was some dialogue or at least some grunts. Remember dante vs bayonetta? Or joker vs sweet tooth? (Which by the way really shoulda been joker vs green goblin). Those fights were phenomonal. Not only were they animated spectacularly, but the dialogue practically made the fights (especially joker vs sweet tooth). If neither character can speak, then it's fine, but amy and ramona clearly have voices, so why couldn't they have at least included some grunts or at least some voice clips?

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
So. Nintendo finally dropped their big NX reveal. And...

It's called the Switch. The trailer seems to be marketing it as a portable console. I like that idea! I can get behind it. I think SEGA attempted and failed at something similar to compete with the Game Boy way back when? But technology's gotten a lot better since then, so I have faith that Nintendo can do SOMETHING with it.

What we know so far:
  • It's running on Nvidia technology, so it's probably a SHIELD-like device.
  • It's either backwards-compatible with WiiU games, or the WiiU games shown are gonna be ported to the device.
  • There's boatloads of third-party support!
  • There MIGHT be a new Mario game in the works for Switch.
  • Also: they're promising Skyrim. *mic drop*

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Yeah idk why scout was so slow inthat fight; he would easily beat tracer (especially since tracer can only use her blink ability like three times in a match/over a period of time). Also people tend to overlook the fact that the fight is just made for fun and what really matters is the result. As for dk vs knuckles, that one was definitely made to satisfy the mario fanboys, but I still thought that it was alright.

Seriously though, amy vs ramona definitely would've been fun to watch if there was some dialogue or at least some grunts. Remember dante vs bayonetta? Or joker vs sweet tooth? (Which by the way really shoulda been joker vs green goblin). Those fights were phenomonal. Not only were they animated spectacularly, but the dialogue practically made the fights (especially joker vs sweet tooth). If neither character can speak, then it's fine, but amy and ramona clearly have voices, so why couldn't they have at least included some grunts or at least some voice clips?
Well to be fair, they did combine all source of information for Scout and Tracer (hence the 20+ Blinks and the Rewind the just happened to work)
Also yeah the fights are how the are determined. They are just a source of entertainment to represent a possible way for the battle to unfold. However, just happens that a number of times, the battles don't truly represent the character properly (like with Scout)

Probably didn't have voice dialog for many reason. Manly copyrights and just making the episode easier and cheaper to do.

So. Nintendo finally dropped their big NX reveal. And...

It's called the Switch. The trailer seems to be marketing it as a portable console. I like that idea! I can get behind it. I think SEGA attempted and failed at something similar to compete with the Game Boy way back when? But technology's gotten a lot better since then, so I have faith that Nintendo can do SOMETHING with it.

What we know so far:
  • It's running on Nvidia technology, so it's probably a SHIELD-like device.
  • It's either backwards-compatible with WiiU games, or the WiiU games shown are gonna be ported to the device.
  • There's boatloads of third-party support!
  • There MIGHT be a new Mario game in the works for Switch.
  • Also: they're promising Skyrim. *mic drop*
First thing, the name. While i don't mind "Switch" i just thing that NX has a much better ring to it. Idk, just me.

But apart from that, HOLY CRAP!!!! THIS THING IS AMAZING

Honestly, if Nintendo can pull this off properly, the Console Wars will end. There will be no competition. Ever

But now I'm at a really sticky position. I mean, I'm not going to get the Switch straight away. But then again, I want to get Breath of the Wild but i don't want to get it for Wii U then just end up getting it for Switch (same with Mario Kart 8 and other Wii U games)

Still this thing looks freaking amazing!!!!

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Are we just going to overlook the fact that we just saw King Boo driving a car in the trailer? I mean seriously, did I miss a dlc update or something?
image.png

Sytal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sytal
No, that's presumably a Switch exclusive. Unless he gets released later.
Its been heavily hinted at that several popular online Wii U games will be ported.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Probably just Mario Kart 8 for Switch. The is no really evidence to suggest that it is a new Mario Kart, otherwise they would have indicated otherwise, more then just item slots and King Boo

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
**** ISSMA rn.

True it could be just MK8 Switch edition, but who knows. Though the two item slots definitely make it seem like MK9, but that's just me.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I think they confirmed that Splatoon and Mario Kart are just enhanced ports.

Also, I watched DB for the first time with Amy and Ramona Flowers (idk why I watched it) but the jokes are horrible. The played up voice with the jokes forced in were annoying. When it's actually informative it's fine, and then the designated ad in the middle is kind of obnoxious. The fight itself was okay. I like that they explored Ramona's bag as a fighting tool but I just think I personally can't get into these sprite battle things. Just never been my thing.

:093:

hypersonicJD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
I don't have
3DS FC
2122-7467-7267
Watch the first battles. Those are the really good ones, Season 1 and season 2 were good. Animation on 3D battles is a bit bad though. Obviously. since it's the beginning. Sonic vs Mario was really good quite honestly. My favourite one was Snake vs Sam Fisher though Full of action.

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Even though DB isn't technically that good, I just can't help but go back and continue watching the series. To be fair though, some of the fights in the current season were phenomenal. Admittedly the overall season is mediocre at best, but there have been some greats. Never found out why people don't like the sprite fights. I mean, they've been around since the beginning and you randomly feel like complaining about it now when it has already defined itself? I know they've been doing 3D animations, but is it really that big a deal that they do sprite fights every once in a while? That's just my little tangent (I have an awful habit of going off into tangents btw (stupid IEP, no one asked you to exist)), and overall most of the fights are well made regardless of style (notice I said most, tracer vs scout/yang vs tifa/most of the early season 1 episodes).

I do have one question though:

Can't we just all agree that DBX is just a bootlegged One Minute Melee that never needed to exist in the first place?

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
Can't we just all agree that DBX is just a bootlegged One Minute Melee that never needed to exist in the first place?
Oh my God is it ever. The very first one ruined the concept for me. It was just so...unimpressive.

As for Death Battle itself, I've seen it slide up and down the quality scale over the years, but it's never bothered me that much. The whole thing is a fan interpretation of what might happen when two or so similar characters fight to the death WITH PRODUCTION VALUE!!, so I'm willing to let some hiccups slide for the sake of suspension of disbelief.

That being said, I think my favorite episode is Deadpool vs. Deathstroke. Mostly because Deadpool was there to break the fourth wall and shake up the formula a little bit. He's just a delightful character all around, and that episode captured his personality perfectly.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Deadpool vs DeathStroke was amazing. Gods it was just so funny (like you said cause Deadpool breaking the fourth wall constantly). Plus it helped the Deadpool was the winner (he is me fav Marvel character). Another Good one was the Iron Man vs Lex Luther. Just Iron Man's quips ahaha

I think they confirmed that Splatoon and Mario Kart are just enhanced ports.

Also, I watched DB for the first time with Amy and Ramona Flowers (idk why I watched it) but the jokes are horrible. The played up voice with the jokes forced in were annoying. When it's actually informative it's fine, and then the designated ad in the middle is kind of obnoxious. The fight itself was okay. I like that they explored Ramona's bag as a fighting tool but I just think I personally can't get into these sprite battle things. Just never been my thing.

:093:
Surprised to hear that tbh. In short, it can either be a hit or miss. Like either the Battle is good but the results are bad, the results are correct but Battle is bad or just straight up both (as was the case with Scout vs Tracer).

But generally, it doesn't matter who wins. There will always be super salty fans of sorts.

Seriously, there are people who think Mario should have won against Sonic. Like, seriously mate?

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Oh my God is it ever. The very first one ruined the concept for me. It was just so...unimpressive.

As for Death Battle itself, I've seen it slide up and down the quality scale over the years, but it's never bothered me that much. The whole thing is a fan interpretation of what might happen when two or so similar characters fight to the death WITH PRODUCTION VALUE!!, so I'm willing to let some hiccups slide for the sake of suspension of disbelief.

That being said, I think my favorite episode is Deadpool vs. Deathstroke. Mostly because Deadpool was there to break the fourth wall and shake up the formula a little bit. He's just a delightful character all around, and that episode captured his personality perfectly.
If you think that the first one was bad, you'd be shocked to see that the overall quality of DBX hasn't improved at all since the first one. The only ones that have remotely acceptable animation are amy vs ddd and trunks vs silver, but at the end of the day, one minute melee is infinintely better. It's all sprite fights, but they're amazing and at the very least qualify for animation. Besides, they manage to sneak in subplots in some of the episodes to make it interesting.

And yet they made joker vs sweet tooth.....oh well, the guys that voiced the characters were at least phenomenal and it was still animated very well, it's just that the choice was weird (joker vs green goblin probably would've been more fitting).

I forgot about deadpool vs deathstroke; that one was hilarious. Deadpool practically made the fight and deathstroke was his usual bad*** self.

One more thing: can we get a Tales character in DB please?

hypersonicJD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
I don't have
3DS FC
2122-7467-7267
The fight that I find was sooooooo bull**** was Shadow vs Mewtwo. Shadow should have stomped Mewtwo so hard. But nope. I don't care how much you can read minds, if you can't act fast enought to stop Shadow going super or using Chaos Control, you will die. Yeah sure, you can see what is going to happen, but can you actually STOP it? I don't think so. And doing sprite fights it's not bad at all. In fact people love those battles. When they are well animated of course. Sonya vs Cammy was awfully animated, and it was a really good match-up. But the fight was trash overall. And some battles have bad research.

Scout vs Tracer is a good example. Really good animation and overall fun to watch. But the result was bull****. They didn't use any of scouts other weapons, Bonk doesn't make him invincible, it makes him so fast the hits from the opponent just always miss. Tracer is not capable of using teleports more than 3 times.

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
Deadpool vs DeathStroke was amazing. Gods it was just so funny (like you said cause Deadpool breaking the fourth wall constantly). Plus it helped the Deadpool was the winner (he is me fav Marvel character). Another Good one was the Iron Man vs Lex Luther. Just Iron Man's quips ahaha

Surprised to hear that tbh. In short, it can either be a hit or miss. Like either the Battle is good but the results are bad, the results are correct but Battle is bad or just straight up both (as was the case with Scout vs Tracer).

But generally, it doesn't matter who wins. There will always be super salty fans of sorts.

Seriously, there are people who think Mario should have won against Sonic. Like, seriously mate?

Regarding Sonic and Mario, I remember one of the more prevailing comments in favor of Mario was "he got the star rod after Paper Mario, therefore he can wish Sonic out of existence" which is ludicrous. That being said, some arguments for Sonic weren't much better: "Sonic is the FTA, so he would immediately kill anything in 0.01 sec" which goes against his cocky personality.

In general, most arguments like this can eventually devolve into inane fallacies, including the one on this forum.

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Wow there's actually a legitimate forum on this site? I should have a reaction to this, but for some reason I don't.

As for Mario vs Sonic, Sonic still wins imo. Mario may be far stronger, but that's the only edge he has. Both characters have light speed reaction times and their powerups do counter each other, but at the end it comes down to one important detail: STAMINA. Mario has been shown to have about average stamina while sonic can run over 700 mph for days on end. The only time Sonic seemed to look remotely tired out was in the end of Sonic Colors when he literally had to outrun the impact of a black hole. Even light is too slow to escape something like a black hole, so Sonic had to pretty much break the time barrier just to survive.

This also comes into his durability feat. Sonic was able to just casually stand there without getting sucked in somehow. It's absolutely impossible how that happened, but it's still better than Mario's. He goes near a typical black hole he's as good as dead. And then people randomly feel like saying that Mario is faster than Sonic? Yes, those people exist. And yes, they are 100% ********. Sure, Mario is fast, but his top speed is only around 526 mph (I think). And even then, he'll just get tired much easier doing that.

Screwattack also stated that Mario is not a real strategist, so he wouldn't have any real plans/ideas to kill sonic aside from "finish him quickly" which would deplete his average stamina slightly faster than normal because of this particular mindset. This is more of a psychological thing that would take too long to explain, so I won't go into this much longer.

And even if somehow Mario had an edge, Sonic can just use chaos control to freeze time. Freezing time is a HUGE advantage for anyone. Do I even need to go much further? Granted we've only seen Shadow canonically do this, but Shadow's chaos powers are little different from Sonic's, so it's safe to say that Sonic could freeze time as well.

The fight that I find was sooooooo bull**** was Shadow vs Mewtwo. Shadow should have stomped Mewtwo so hard. But nope. I don't care how much you can read minds, if you can't act fast enought to stop Shadow going super or using Chaos Control, you will die. Yeah sure, you can see what is going to happen, but can you actually STOP it? I don't think so.
OH MY GOD I'M GLOWING! WHY AM I GLOWING?!? A line so dumb even the writers admit it.

Seriously though, Mewtwo could just disable Shadow's memory and Super Shadow would run out before Shadow could recollect everything. Also Mega Mewtwo is pretty powerful, too.

Sytal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sytal
Seriously though, Mewtwo could just disable Shadow's memory and Super Shadow would run out before Shadow could recollect everything. Also Mega Mewtwo is pretty powerful, too.
I don't want to get into arguments that will only spiral downward, but the one thing I have to offer on that DB is the absence of the Archie representation versus the several comic-equivalent manga/anime representations Mewtwo had.
(Archie comics has also insinuated that Super form characters resist or aren't affected by mental manipulation, so there's that)
However, I'm not gonna push any arguments like that any further here, that's just my thoughts on it.

It's a fictional character vs another fictional character.
It's hard to lay down concrete arguments that make sense; because they don't.
Besides. Shadow is clearly a Dark type. Clearly.

On another note, Sonic Colors has been confirmed to not contain any literal Black Holes. It was something along the lines of an energy burst of unknown expansion speed according to the story writers.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
There are actually two fights that I have seen that are a bit contriversal about the results (one more than the other) and just find it really hard to figure out if DB was right or not

The first one was Link VS Cloud. Now I am very happy that Link won in the end and I can see easily why Link won. But after reading a bit into to it, I started seeing some points that made me wonder if LInk really beat Cloud

The Second one is Superman Vs Goku. In short, I never really knew much about either character and so I only really have DB information to go by. A lot of people call Bull**** that Superman won and that the information DB used was very incorrect but honestly, I couldn't really tell either way

Regarding Sonic and Mario, I remember one of the more prevailing comments in favor of Mario was "he got the star rod after Paper Mario, therefore he can wish Sonic out of existence" which is ludicrous. That being said, some arguments for Sonic weren't much better: "Sonic is the FTA, so he would immediately kill anything in 0.01 sec" which goes against his cocky personality.

In general, most arguments like this can eventually devolve into inane fallacies, including the one on this forum.
Seriously? ahaha. I think if then they forget Sonic has had a wish granting item before as well. In the end, Mario vs Sonic was really just Strength vs Speed. And Speed will almost always win.

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
Truth be told, that forum is one of the two reasons I made an account here, the other being MYM contests. After a while, that forum just got repetitive, with the strongest character being somewhere between Sonic, Samus, Ganondorf, Rosalina, Ness, Mewtwo, and maybe Pokémon Trainer and Marth.

Last edited:

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
On another note, Sonic Colors has been confirmed to not contain any literal Black Holes. It was something along the lines of an energy burst of unknown expansion speed according to the story writers.
Huh...... Well my point still stands :p
There are actually two fights that I have seen that are a bit contriversal about the results (one more than the other) and just find it really hard to figure out if DB was right or not

The first one was Link VS Cloud. Now I am very happy that Link won in the end and I can see easily why Link won. But after reading a bit into to it, I started seeing some points that made me wonder if LInk really beat Cloud

The Second one is Superman Vs Goku. In short, I never really knew much about either character and so I only really have DB information to go by. A lot of people call Bull**** that Superman won and that the information DB used was very incorrect but honestly, I couldn't really tell either way

I need to watch the link vs cloud fight again so I can recap their research, look at the comments, and then come up with a resolution.

They did get some information wrong in the second fight, but aside from that, from what I've seen, Goku vs Superman depends on which DC universe they use. There are some rather weak supermans, some really strong superman, and a superman that is literally designed to never lose a fight.
Truth be told, that forum is one of the two reasons I made an account here, the other being MYM contests. After a while, that forum just got repetitive, with the strongest character being somewhere between Sonic, Samus, Ganondorf, Rosalina, Ness, Mewtwo, and maybe Pokémon Trainer and Marth.
Rosalina's power is kind of a misconception and more "in theory" rather than actual fact (at least if we're gonna go over the games). Her magic is mostly for protection and someone like Ganon could probably break through it or someone like Mewtwo could manipulate it or something, but that's just me. Marth being in there sounds a bit weird, but idk his source material, so maybe he took down a god or something. Otherwise no. I saw pit in there, too, though, so #pitbois

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Marth being that high is a little weird since, despite being able to beat a Dragon/God, it's not like someone like Link hasn't done that. Plus Link did it on his own. Not with an army.

I need to watch the link vs cloud fight again so I can recap their research, look at the comments, and then come up with a resolution.

They did get some information wrong in the second fight, but aside from that, from what I've seen, Goku vs Superman depends on which DC universe they use. There are some rather weak supermans, some really strong superman, and a superman that is literally designed to never lose a fight.
I think the main thing people were annoyed about was that they used ALL Link's not just one specific one.

Ah okay. Yeah I'm not much of a superman person, though one fact they used was just a really weird one. That he somehow heard his "dog whistle" in outerspace billions of distance away and got there in 3 minutes.

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
Marth being that high is a little weird since, despite being able to beat a Dragon/God, it's not like someone like Link hasn't done that. Plus Link did it on his own. Not with an army.
The argument for Marth was that the Falcion made him OP in the very first FE game for the Famicom (made him invincible to everything except dragons, which are weak against the Falcion anyway, and gave him a sizable healing factor). This was later discounted as later games, including the remake, make the sword more reasonable (mainly keeping the dragonbane and healing factor).

Ganondorf's sole weakness was heavily discussed a lot too, but I personally felt that most universes had holy equivalents to get around (Mario Star Power, Sonic's Chaos Emeralds, Samus' Light Missiles, etc).

Pokémon Trainer's ranking was based on what he could get. For example, there is a difference between Gen 1 only vs a team of 6 reality-bending Legendaries.

Rosalina...I don't even want to get into those discussions. Let's just say the No Limits Fallacy was in full effect and then some.

Mewtwo was also heavily discussed as to whether inducing amnesia and otherwise incapacitating the opponent counted a victory (e.g. Erasing their memory and warping them to, say, Tennessee where they could live the remainder of their happy lives without ever seeing Mewtwo again, at which the latter will win by outliving them, or warping them into space where they essentially cannot move).

Pit and the space animals were discussed on whether they could use their vehicles or not, as the Great Sacred Treasure is a war machine and not much could survive being hit by the Blue Falcon or even reach the Arwing. One guess was to have the characters only use their vehicles against others with similar vehicles.

Nearly forgot about Shulk. His Monado and future sight is fantastic, but he is as squishy as the White Mage in game and his battles are meant to be fought in teams, never solo.

All this said, nearly everyone agreed that ROB was dead last. He doesn't exactly have a canon portrayal (SSE doesn't count) so it was assumed that he was...merely the peripheral, something even Olimar could beat. :4lemmy:

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
All this talk about which character is strong has made me had an interesting thought

Who would win; Link or Pit?

I mean both of them have very very similar feats, taking on foes significantly more powerful than themselves and are often Gods (or deities at least) and come out triumphant

Honestly, I would have to say Link wins personally. Now i know what you will say "oh, but Pit one shot the devil. That makes him strong."

This is wrong, Pit did not one Shot the devil. And even you say he did, he didn't do it on his own. He had help from 3 other Goddess. Who does Link have? Navi or someone like that at most and even then they often only give just small amounts of advice. Which is cancelled out by the fact Pit is helped by Palutena 24/7

The argument for Marth was that the Falcion made him OP in the very first FE game for the Famicom (made him invincible to everything except dragons, which are weak against the Falcion anyway, and gave him a sizable healing factor). This was later discounted as later games, including the remake, make the sword more reasonable (mainly keeping the dragonbane and healing factor).

Ganondorf's sole weakness was heavily discussed a lot too, but I personally felt that most universes had holy equivalents to get around (Mario Star Power, Sonic's Chaos Emeralds, Samus' Light Missiles, etc).

Pokémon Trainer's ranking was based on what he could get. For example, there is a difference between Gen 1 only vs a team of 6 reality-bending Legendaries.

Rosalina...I don't even want to get into those discussions. Let's just say the No Limits Fallacy was in full effect and then some.

Mewtwo was also heavily discussed as to whether inducing amnesia and otherwise incapacitating the opponent counted a victory (e.g. Erasing their memory and warping them to, say, Tennessee where they could live the remainder of their happy lives without ever seeing Mewtwo again, at which the latter will win by outliving them, or warping them into space where they essentially cannot move).

Pit and the space animals were discussed on whether they could use their vehicles or not, as the Great Sacred Treasure is a war machine and not much could survive being hit by the Blue Falcon or even reach the Arwing. One guess was to have the characters only use their vehicles against others with similar vehicles.

Nearly forgot about Shulk. His Monado and future sight is fantastic, but he is as squishy as the White Mage in game and his battles are meant to be fought in teams, never solo.

All this said, nearly everyone agreed that ROB was dead last. He doesn't exactly have a canon portrayal (SSE doesn't count) so it was assumed that he was...merely the peripheral, something even Olimar could beat. :4lemmy:
Ah okay. But minus that, Marth really isn't all the superior to other fighters

I reckon while those Weapons may effect him (at least the Chaos Emeralds would have a great effect) the Master Sword and other holy Zelda items have a greater effect

Yeah true. I mean, what if he was just a simple Bug Trainer?

Don't know anything about Rosalina.

Or he could just make them Explode. Or thrown into the sun.

Yeah, Shulk really isn't all that great one his own. Which is weird all things considered.

ROB is inferior Bastion.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm a bit late, but I think the main Death Battle that I had a problem with was Dante vs. Bayonetta. While Superman vs. Goku was annoying (they claimed that Goku could only lift 40 tons based on a scene where King Kai gives him weights, when it seems likely that he can lift much more than that - Toriyama's never been great with math), the outcome made sense given how insanely overpowered Superman is.

However, for Dante vs. Bayonetta, all of the research pointed towards Bayonetta winning, since she outclassed Dante in every way aside from healing factor (which clearly has its limits, as a character with a similar healing factor is still canonically dead, and Dante was only shown to regenerate stab wounds and bullet holes, not lost limbs or vaporization).

Then, the Death Battle itself played up Dante's healing factor, exaggerated his abilities (using hyperbole to claim that Vergil's sword can cut through anything when it clearly can't cut through Dante's weapons; greatly exaggerating the duration of Quicksilver compared to how long it lasts in game or in cutscenes), and downplayed Bayonetta's abilities (using the one or two moments that she was caught off-guard, while conveniently ignoring Dante's similar moments in DMC3 and the start of DMC4) to claim that Dante edged Bayonetta out in basically every category.

Last edited:

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
All this talk about which character is strong has made me had an interesting thought

Who would win; Link or Pit?

I mean both of them have very very similar feats, taking on foes significantly more powerful than themselves and are often Gods (or deities at least) and come out triumphant

Honestly, I would have to say Link wins personally. Now i know what you will say "oh, but Pit one shot the devil. That makes him strong."

This is wrong, Pit did not one Shot the devil. And even you say he did, he didn't do it on his own. He had help from 3 other Goddess. Who does Link have? Navi or someone like that at most and even then they often only give just small amounts of advice. Which is cancelled out by the fact Pit is helped by Palutena 24/7
Regarding Link, it was argued a lot how he should be represented: composite or individual. Regarding individual, there were 3 in Smash (TP, OOT/MM, and WW/PL). Then there's also the argument that "Hero of Time Link can get Chateau Romani alongside Nayru's Love to be completely invincible for > 3 days straight and use the song of time to reset if anything goes sour". I think the latter is flawed, as he would lose all of his arrows, potions, etc upon resetting while his enemy would begin fresh.

Since Pit wouldn't get the Power of Flight, his main draws are his speed and rate of fire. If he can keep Link at bay, he'd probably win, but Link would trounce him in close combat and some incarnations Mirror Shields would definitely help survive as he closes the gap.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Regarding Link, it was argued a lot how he should be represented: composite or individual. Regarding individual, there were 3 in Smash (TP, OOT/MM, and WW/PL). Then there's also the argument that "Hero of Time Link can get Chateau Romani alongside Nayru's Love to be completely invincible for > 3 days straight and use the song of time to reset if anything goes sour". I think the latter is flawed, as he would lose all of his arrows, potions, etc upon resetting while his enemy would begin fresh.

Since Pit wouldn't get the Power of Flight, his main draws are his speed and rate of fire. If he can keep Link at bay, he'd probably win, but Link would trounce him in close combat and some incarnations Mirror Shields would definitely help survive as he closes the gap.
Yeah i had similar thoughts. Though to be honest, there are very few Links that are actually weak, or at least the all have one ability that gives them extraordinary powers (probably minus Minish Cap)

I just think in the end, Pit relies so much on Palutena that it can be a hindrance

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
In other news, regarding Sonic Mania, a new zone based off of the Sonic 2 beta zone Dust Hill has been announced, as have Tails and Knuckles be shown footage of.

Also apparently a new character and gameplay change apart from the 2D/3D gameplay have been announced for Sonic '17. No details apart from the existence of these are as of yet known.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
The only DBs that I was interested in were Goku vs Superman and Dante vs Bayo, and that was mostly for the animated fight scenes which were good imo.

However, for Dante vs. Bayonetta, all of the research pointed towards Bayonetta winning, since she outclassed Dante in every way aside from healing factor (which clearly has its limits, as a character with a similar healing factor is still canonically dead, and Dante was only shown to regenerate stab wounds and bullet holes, not lost limbs or vaporization).

Then, the Death Battle itself played up Dante's healing factor, exaggerated his abilities (using hyperbole to claim that Vergil's sword can cut through anything when it clearly can't cut through Dante's weapons; greatly exaggerating the duration of Quicksilver compared to how long it lasts in game or in cutscenes), and downplayed Bayonetta's abilities (using the one or two moments that she was caught off-guard, while conveniently ignoring Dante's similar moments in DMC3 and the start of DMC4) to claim that Dante edged Bayonetta out in basically every category.
iirc they were talking about the fact that Yamoto can cut through dimensions, which is stated in the weapon's flavour text. Dante and Bayo's time slowing abilities are rather similar from what I've seen. Bayonetta was flat out beaten three time in Bayo 2 while Dante in DMC4 sandbagged throughout the game.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
In other news, did you guys know that Crash Bandicoot was on Netflix?

In other news, regarding Sonic Mania, a new zone based off of the Sonic 2 beta zone Dust Hill has been announced, as have Tails and Knuckles be shown footage of.

Also apparently a new character and gameplay change apart from the 2D/3D gameplay have been announced for Sonic '17. No details apart from the existence of these are as of yet known.

Sonic Mania looks sooooo crisp. Like seriously, look at how smooth the animations are!!!

Oh a new Character? Maybe we'll finally get Classic Knuckles or Amy.

I wonder what the new gameplay mechanic is.

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
By the sound of it, I took it that they were making a NEW, new character, like Shadow for Adventure 2 or Silver for '06. Even still, Playable Knuckles or Amy would be nice.

For gameplay, I'm hoping for something a bit more open in 3D (e.g. Adventure style) or Chao Garden. Please Chao Garden.

Sytal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sytal
From what I hear, it could just be the BOOM Sonic as playable.
I don't know what other characters would complement a Sonic/CSonic duo nicely anyway. Unless Tails/CTails Co-op becomes a thing.
I wonder if they'll give Classic Sonic a voice this game.
If that were to happen, I might actually lose it if I hear anything about Ryan Drummond being involved.

Top Bottom