• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sonic Says: Ultimate

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
The wait is over, my friends. HOW 2FAST4U 202 is complete! Just click the picture and prepare to be amazed...or at the very least, amused.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
*Knight of the Wind intensified

I lost it at that xD

Also with the Little Mac fight at the end, during the part with the Fsmash, if you slow down a look closely, you can see that the Lil Mac moves forward ever so slightly before the Fsmash is thrown out

:135:

Sytal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sytal
I think a lot of people were miffed about Corrin being included. I really don't know who wanted him in. Even Sakurai expressed concern over putting him in at one interview. But as a character, at least he's more unique than Lucina is to Marth.

In all honesty, I was pulling for Viewtiful Joe (Who probably wouldn't have made it anyway), which is why I am tenatively OK with Bayonetta. I don't care for Bayonaise, but the Bayonetta games did have some of VJoe's team working on them (with various references in her first game), so I guess it's kinda a mixed feeling.

Oh well. I'll just go fast instead.

EDIT: Syndralix Syndralix That is my new favorite Smash vid on Youtube. Great job!

Last edited:

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
Glad you guys like it!
Also with the Little Mac fight at the end, during the part with the Fsmash, if you slow down a look closely, you can see that the Lil Mac moves forward ever so slightly before the Fsmash is thrown out
Yeah, going frame-by-frame I'm pretty sure he used his side-B to close the distance. It's just so blink-and-you'll-miss-it that it looks like Sonic channeled his old werehog abilities, and I couldn't resist poking fun at the jankiness.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
So has everyone seen the new evolutions for the starter types in pokemon sun and moon?

Sytal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sytal
I think this is the first generation where I won't pick the water type for my first run through. Or second. Or third.
Point is I like the Grass starter.
Unsure how I feel about Dartrix though. Maybe I'll just do an evolution-locke run

Last edited:

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
I don't really care about pokemon tbh, but I have to admit the designs have been getting better and better each generation. I mean, cmon, an ice cream pokemon is the best idea ever imo.

Sytal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sytal
I don't really care about pokemon tbh, but I have to admit the designs have been getting better and better each generation. I mean, cmon, an ice cream pokemon is the best idea ever imo.
What's better is that it's one of the first pokemon designed by an American artist.
I believe Golurk and his evolutionary line were also designed by that same person.

MajinBuu272

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KidBuu9000
Switch FC
SW-5273-4956-4209
i dont see why people complain about newer pokemon designs when in gen 1 there was a literal pokeball with a face, and a pile of sludge, so whats wrong with ice cream or garbage??

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
The garbage pokemon just looked off. Nothing too poorly designed, but kinda weird. What a lot of people forget is that for all the creative pokemon, there are still some poorly designed ones. Lillipup is just a dog and tyrantrum is just a t rex. Gen 1 had some alright designed pokemon like alakazam. The pokemon fanbase is easily one of the worst fanbases ever; so much so that the very stereotype they created is dying out and morphing into a new one that is much worse.

MajinBuu272

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KidBuu9000
Switch FC
SW-5273-4956-4209
The garbage pokemon just looked off. Nothing too poorly designed, but kinda weird. What a lot of people forget is that for all the creative pokemon, there are still some poorly designed ones. Lillipup is just a dog and tyrantrum is just a t rex. Gen 1 had some alright designed pokemon like alakazam. The pokemon fanbase is easily one of the worst fanbases ever; so much so that the very stereotype they created is dying out and morphing into a new one that is much worse.
i think the stereotype you mean is "gen wunner"
but id argue that the sonic fan base is definantly worse

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
i think the stereotype you mean is "gen wunner"
but id argue that the sonic fan base is definantly worse
Yup, you be right.
I never said it was worse than the sonic fanbase, but every fanbase has their own toxicity in it (except for maybe the Tales fanbase since most of them are more laid back and open to opinions).

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I just hope I get get an eevee easily plus a thunderstone so i can get my Jolteon

Also Rowlet all that way man

I think this is the first generation where I won't pick the water type for my first run through. Or second. Or third.
Point is I like the Grass starter.
Unsure how I feel about Dartrix though. Maybe I'll just do an evolution-locke run
Well hopeful Dartrix ends up being the archer Owl that was leaked a while ago. But then if that ends up being the case, we might get a Litten that evolves in what *looks* like a Fighting and Fire type.

MajinBuu272

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KidBuu9000
Switch FC
SW-5273-4956-4209
im hoping there wil be a way to transfer pokemon from oras/xy to sun /& moon, there probably will be but id be kinda upset if there wasnt (i gotta get a ludicolo some how)

Sytal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sytal
im hoping there wil be a way to transfer pokemon from oras/xy to sun /& moon, there probably will be but id be kinda upset if there wasnt (i gotta get a ludicolo some how)
All Pokemon from Gen 6 games can all be transferred forward, as well as the virtual console gen 1 games, through Pokemon bank. They cannot be transferred back though. The fact that Pokemon Bank only goes forward frustrates me.

As a programmer, I understand that it's not super easy to provide backwards compatibility for the data, but actually implementing it is nowhere near as ridiculous as some make it sound. It would just need some flags that prevent new stuff from going backwards (Basically a slightly more complex version of the time travel mechanic in gold/silver/crystal).

That being said; I have a lot of perfect IV and EV trained Pokemon that I'd like to keep on my Alpha Sapphire game, so I might try to back up my Alpha Sapphire save file to keep my boxed Pokemon in both sets of games.

... we might get a Litten that evolves in what *looks* like a Fighting and Fire type.
No more fire/fighting starters please. 3 is enough.

MajinBuu272

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KidBuu9000
Switch FC
SW-5273-4956-4209
That being said; I have a lot of perfect IV and EV trained Pokemon that I'd like to keep on my Alpha Sapphire game, so I might try to back up my Alpha Sapphire save file to keep my boxed Pokemon in both sets of games.
ya, im gonna do the same with omega ruby and my 8-ish boxes of mons i wanna transfer

Sytal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sytal
Hope you had a good birthday!
Kinda funny Birthdays got brought up, cause today is mine also.
My Uncle's was 4 days ago, and my friend had one on the 12th.
Losta October Birthdays apparently.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Happy Birthday!
Thank you!
hey i know both of these songs

Thanks!
Hope you had a good birthday!
Kinda funny Birthdays got brought up, cause today is mine also.
My Uncle's was 4 days ago, and my friend had one on the 12th.
Losta October Birthdays apparently.
Thank you!

Happy birthday to you as well ;)

October's a good time to be born.

:093:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
So apparently most of the Pokedex Pokemon sprites for Sun and Moon have been leaked. I've only seen a few (cause i don't want to spoil them all for me) and well....

Just go to KYM to see yourselves

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
I'm good with the official/CoroCoro information, but for something on this scale, I'm staying FAR away from.

On a side note, there is a fangame that recently got updated called Sonic World that has Heroes-length levels and a wide cast of characters, including but not limited to the 4 teams from Heroes, Team Babylon, Fang, Bean, Bark, Mighty, Emerl, and Tails Doll. The scope is amazing.

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Tails doll? Really? Out of all the characters they pick the most arbitrary thing to ever exist? Eh, I need to stop; it's a fan game (but tails doll though).

It does sound like a fun game. Heroes I find to be a little overrated, but I liked the team aspect and the gameplay in general. I don't ben mind playing through the game four times with minor level tweaks (though team rose's story felt unfinished imo). It definitely was good enough to make a sequel to (even though there isn't one at all).

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
On another side note, the most recent Death Battle featured another Sonic character: Amy Rose vs. Ramona Flowers (Scott Pilgrim series). It went about as I expected it to. The main thing that bothered me is that the song they used was Night of Nights from Touhou of all things. One would think that the Scott Pilgrim game and Sonic games would have the music to fit here, but alas.

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
My biggest issue with it was that for some reason there was no dialogue or voice clips. Wouldn't have hurt to have someone at least say "ouch" for once. It felt so lifeless and mundane at times.

Last edited:

Sytal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sytal
I saw the Death Battle in my youtube feed. I watched it until the point that they used the Archie comics as a reference for Amy. I then stopped watching.
They specifically ignored Archie as a resource in some previous DBs where it would have made an impact, if not a difference, so I wasn't having any of that selective source garbage.
They seem to be doing that sort of thing a lot lately with their DBs. They are getting less entertaining.

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
I saw the Death Battle in my youtube feed. I watched it until the point that they used the Archie comics as a reference for Amy. I then stopped watching.
They specifically ignored Archie as a resource in some previous DBs where it would have made an impact, if not a difference, so I wasn't having any of that selective source garbage.
They seem to be doing that sort of thing a lot lately with their DBs. They are getting less entertaining.
Exactly. Specifically, Penders!Knuckles would easily trounce DK.

On the plus side, I can't wait for the next one in Hulk vs Titan Tails.

:4lemmy:

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
On another side note, the most recent Death Battle featured another Sonic character: Amy Rose vs. Ramona Flowers (Scott Pilgrim series). It went about as I expected it to. The main thing that bothered me is that the song they used was Night of Nights from Touhou of all things. One would think that the Scott Pilgrim game and Sonic games would have the music to fit here, but alas.
Doesn't matter the result, one side will always be salty their favourite lost. Though sometimes that salt is deserving

Might we be remind of what Happened with Scout vs Tracer.

Literally gave Tracer the best possible odds to win.

While on the other hand, the basically made Scout a Fat Scout. Seriously, where was the double jump?!

I've seen them all already. Not psyched about the water starter still, but the others look cool.

Serebii's discussion thread has the last big reveals.
Here's a link to some of them, but be warned: SPOILERS
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showth...ST-POST-HEAVY-SPOILERS-NO-SPOILER-TAGS/page35

The Alolan Persian makes me chuckle
I've seen a few of the pictures, one of them being the starters. Safe to say if this is all true i am very happy

Top Bottom