• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sonic Says: Ultimate

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Eeeeeeehhhhhh Robin I still feel is pretty average imo. He's way too slow to be solo viable and the magic doesn't help that much honestly. He'd be completely trash without the levin sword, though.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Eeeeeeehhhhhh Robin I still feel is pretty average imo. He's way too slow to be solo viable and the magic doesn't help that much honestly. He'd be completely trash without the levin sword, though.
You have some points. He is slow and he isn't as good without Levin Sword than with it. But saying he can't be solo viable because his too slow and his magic doesn't help him? Dude, his entire moveset revolves around his magic. How does it not help him?

:135:

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
You have some points. He is slow and he isn't as good without Levin Sword than with it. But saying he can't be solo viable because his too slow and his magic doesn't help him? Dude, his entire moveset revolves around his magic. How does it not help him?

Remember solo viable doesn't automatically mean he's unviable; it just means he's gonna need a secondary to compete. It's like marth; he's not top 20, but he can compete with a secondary (or if marth is that said secondary).

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Remember solo viable doesn't automatically mean he's unviable; it just means he's gonna need a secondary to compete. It's like marth; he's not top 20, but he can compete with a secondary (or if marth is that said secondary).
Oh okay i see what you mean. But still, if the player is good enough, Robin could be Solo Viable. It would just be hard then if you had a secondary.

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Oh okay i see what you mean. But still, if the player is good enough, Robin could be Solo Viable. It would just be hard then if you had a secondary.

Then that's the player doing all the work, not the character. Some people need to understand that and get it through their heads. Palutena is still considered low tier even though Ramen beat zero once, but there's a slew of people saying that it was kind of a given since apparently Ramen was one of the best pit players in brawl (yet another thing that the smash wiki doesn't state lol). And I'm just gonna say this: I don't feel that TLTC will ever get anything higher than 33rd at a non 2GG major, but I digress. You're probably asking "aside from design, how can we tell the difference between the player and the character?" Honestly, that's a good question; in terms of just looking at a match, it's pretty difficult to fully tell the difference between the player's skill with the character, but it often comes down to if there is something new that isn't commonly known by the general people. Are there any ATs that were discovered about the character? What combos did they pull off that weren't known before? Did the other player understand the matchup? From what I can remember, Ramen's gameplay in that set seemed to pretty much be standard palutena things, and zero wasn't the most aware of the matchup. It's bound to happen to robin at some point (though to be fair I'm not sure where he'll end up), as dath said in that same interview. Honestly, I feel that dath has accomplished his goal as to be a national threat in terms of what he's saying about a lack of mu experience.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
True, that can often be the case at times.

But your right, it is hard to tell the difference at times between the whether the character makes the player good or the play makes the character good (did i word that right?)

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Eyyyyy it's been a while since I've had a mature conversation with someone lol.

Now on another note, I've been working on a sonic footstool combo. So far it works on ganon from 0-17%. Still need to test it on other characters.

I'm also working on a sonic voice mod.

Jrugs

Smash Ace
well thats great to hear, considering sonic has the "best neutral in smash 4" XD lol.

OMFG ZeRo I cant breathe.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Every character is top 20.

Except for Robin. Robin's pretty mediocre.

:093:

Sytal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sytal
IvanQuote IvanQuote The Kirby boards haven't been active in weeks, so I come here sometimes. I do love the Sonic series, hence why I occasionally take a visit here.
Wow, I didn't know that the threads there were inactive.
I guess this is what happens for people at the two year mark for games like this?
I dunno.
At least we're still running.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Sensane Sensane I know Megs is hated around here, but geez. :p

Sytal Sytal Well, Kirby's low tier and Sonic's top tier, so of course you're still running. If you want to see Kirby players be active, go to the Kirby Discord. Though be warned: That place is... uh...
Well it's draining to say the least.

Sytal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sytal
Well that sucks. But I understand how it is. Lower tier characters tend to struggle to stay afloat, especially when the metagame starts to settle down and makes less big changes.
That struggle was certainly present back when I mained Sonic in Brawl. It took a lot of work to make him function at tournament level, and even then it was hard to get good results.

Still, watching MikeKirby topple a Cloud player handily made my day.

At least kirby is still good in the original Smash.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Sensane Sensane I figured, mainly because I haven't ran into anyone here who hates me just for who I play, lol.
Sytal Sytal MikeKirby and Triple R are Kirby's only tournament players that got really high results with him. I would count SuperGirlKels, but she's more of a Sonic player, and her Kirby is... uh... not that good, let's be polite.

Last edited:

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
What about K.I.D. Goggles's kirby? Did you see that one forward throw he got on that one chair? It was so perfectly executed.

Last edited:

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
What about K.I.D. Goggles's kirby? Did you see that one forward throw he got on that one chair? It was so perfectly executed.
I haven't seen Goggles play in forever. I feel bad for that chair. Just because Luma's a *****, doesn't mean the chair has to pay for it. XD

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
So there's just been a big clean going on at our house recent and we just discovered that we have some old Sega Mega drive games (or at least what i assume are Mega Drive games)

I was pretty stoked by the find

Dam, Sega is awesome. Nintendo could really learn a lesson or two from Sega about Fan games.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Of course we're still running. We're Sonic boards. It's our nature.

In Brawl at least, low tier boards were usually the funniest. Top tier boards were dead because the character's so good that there was no need for discussion.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I got the answer to the question that's been on everyone's mind.

What if Sonic was an anime girl?

CswfQYcXEAAVDDk.jpg-large.jpeg

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
Look what I found! Espy made it into someone's Top 10, at #7 to be exact.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
You say this and then you let the sonic boards go inactive for two days. UNAKSEPTABUUUULLLLL!!!
What can I say? I like the suspense.
Look what I found! Espy made it into someone's Top 10, at #7 to be exact.

The second I saw it was a video on edgeguards I knew the exact moment.

I watched that happen live and it was incredible. I wish Espy traveled more.

Top Bottom