• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sonic Says: Ultimate

KyroChao

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kyro_Keatonlabs
I got this trophy. "Only the best is good enough!" What do

Anyways pretty proud of myself, managed to pull second at a tournament last saturday which i'm proud of and have overall been performing well in my local scene. Pretty happy with myself

Plus it's summer now so i'm going to be getting at it in smash

(M)

Smash Cadet
Hi there everyone! :D

Question, which Sonic character would you like in Smash? With extreme biased, I pick Amy :)

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
Dr. Eggman is my pick.

On a different topic, this is funny if you know about comic book stuff:

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Yeah, I guess they decided to issue out a bunch of new trophies, lol.
Screen Shot 2016-05-28 at 1.03.32 PM.png

If I could add any Sonic character... Probably Knuckles.

:093:

DGAMER

Smash Apprentice
Seagull won vs 6wx and now, he wants to quit sonic and main cloud.

I have absolutely no idea where did he get that idea.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Joe wants to use Dark Pit apparently...

And everyone is salty about Wrath, lmao. I think it's funny. Ally played right into it and had to camp back with Cloud to win.

6WX wants to either go campy Sonic or switch to Cloud.

Everything about Sonic just hit the fan today and it's kind of obnoxious.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
And yet Sonic is top five.
Despite the fact that every top Sonic wants to secondary to adapt.

Mhmm. :applejack:

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte

And everyone is salty about Wrath, lmao. I think it's funny. Ally played right into it and had to camp back with Cloud to win.

Yeeeeee-joe's not gonna do well with dark pit.

The concept of 6wx going cloud is cancer incarnate.

In conclusion: poor sonic. Even when he's loved he's hated.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"

Oh dear gods... no, not the edge....

Why not pick Pitty Pat?! :4pit: His clear the superior one!

:135:

Last edited:

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe

I never wanna quit :4sonic:. He's broken. Yall should really know when I'm trolling by now LOL. I did use hella :4darkpit: in friendlies after the tourney tho for fun. I mess around with :4darkpit:, :4greninja:, :4cloud:, :4bowserjr:, :4cloud:, :4diddy:, and :4sonic:. I'll almost always go :4sonic: in tourney.

:018:

Last edited:

KyroChao

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kyro_Keatonlabs
Nah dude Dank Pit is better than Regular Pit. That Side B is just so good now

Also glad to hear you're staying Joe haha

But can someone tell me what happened? I was out doing stuff but there was a lot of sonic drama apparently?

DGAMER

Smash Apprentice

Also glad to hear you're staying Joe haha

But can someone tell me what happened? I was out doing stuff but there was a lot of sonic drama apparently?

basically, there was this tournament called Momocon, and I think 6wx played vs Seagull and Seagull won. 6wx got a bit salty, and posted some kind of poll on twiter asking if he should drop sonic and main cloud. Then some other people like seagull started saying stuff about it. People also seems to be feed up with sonic. I watched Wrath vs Ally, and everybody in the chat was spamming REEEEE.

At least, that's what I've heard.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Have you guys seen this?

huh, now that I think about it, i can see why Sonic mains like Pittoo alot.

You guys always spam sideB, it would be natural transition

Pit still superior though

Last edited:

Sytal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sytal
Have you guys seen this?
THIS is why I thought Lost World had some great potential. Its pacing and playstyle felt very similar to my favored Adventure games. It's a shame that there weren't more enjoyable levels in that game (Not saying there weren't any, some of them were really cool).

Just saw Wrath's match as well.
I understand that some people are upset with the playstyle, but...his opponent didn't do too much to play around it for a fair portion of the match.
I dunno. It really just seemed like a patience thing to me.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I don't know why people assume everyone knows who wrath is.

THIS is why I thought Lost World had some great potential. Its pacing and playstyle felt very similar to my favored Adventure games. It's a shame that there weren't more enjoyable levels in that game (Not saying there weren't any, some of them were really cool).
You're right. While there are some really cool levels (Windy Mill Zone Act1 and 3), there are others were I just don't really won't want to play again (the aqua zone with all the fruit)

Though one thing I'm said about is the lack of grind levels in rails. I mean, the solo grind level rails are fun enough, but i always love running in a level then hoping onto a grind rail

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I actually prefer Pit over Dark Pit. Used to pocket him for a while but haven't practiced him in months. One of my better characters.
I never wanna quit :4sonic:. He's broken. Yall should really know when I'm trolling by now LOL. I did use hella :4darkpit: in friendlies after the tourney tho for fun. I mess around with :4darkpit:, :4greninja:, :4cloud:, :4bowserjr:, :4cloud:, :4diddy:, and :4sonic:. I'll almost always go :4sonic: in tourney.

:018:
shut up

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Clearly we're forgetting the greatest pokemon of all time:
image.png

And also I just got off of anther's ladder trying to help a fox main by giving her advice on how to fight sonic and she refused to take it. What a b****.

DDK

Smash Rookie
NNID
DumbDumbKun
3DS FC
1435-7313-9691
IDK why people are mad about wrath playing to win. Isn't that technically an assumed goal for when a player goes to a tournament?
It probably has something to do with an "unknown" player beating a top-class player with a huge fanbase. Some fans of top players assume they have a privilege to win against players they've never heard of before.

Sonic also attracts a ton of hate because many people don't know how to punish spindash or understand his mechanics. Wrath was employing a lot of options to condition Ally and punish accordingly, but to the average viewer it just looked like he was "spamming side B".

It's also the in-thing to complain about Sonic. Meanwhile Cloud does Cloud things and everyone cheers. Perfectly fair.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I actually prefer Pit over Dark Pit. Used to pocket him for a while but haven't practiced him in months. One of my better characters.:093:
My respect for you just went over 9000

Sonic also attracts a ton of hate because many people don't know how to punish spindash or understand his mechanics. Wrath was employing a lot of options to condition Ally and punish accordingly, but to the average viewer it just looked like he was "spamming side B".

It's also the in-thing to complain about Sonic. Meanwhile Cloud does Cloud things and everyone cheers. Perfectly fair.
It's funny when you consider Character's like Robin continuously shouting 'ARCFIRE!!!" or Link spamming side B (or DownB for Link) and nobody bats an eye. Characters like Sonic and Ness use SideB continuously in strategic ways and everybody losses there mind

DGAMER

Smash Apprentice
i found this vid of a fan game, and trust me, it is exactly how people seem to perceive sonic. (especially first part)

I found this funny.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Speaking of Sonic and Video's, not sure if any of you have seen this already, but I mange to find this

Not too sure how I found it, but i have no words to describe it

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
i found this vid of a fan game, and trust me, it is exactly how people seem to perceive sonic. (especially first part)

I found this funny.

I just love how insane that is, for all characters in the game (particularly Mario and Ryu)

Also I can see Sonic doing this.

He strikes me as in between Chaotic Hero and Chaotic Neutral.

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
I saw his video too, and it made me realize how lucky we are that Sonic's been untouched for several patches.

For those who don't know:
He ranked Sonic #3, with Cloud at #2 and Ryu at #1. But that's just his opinion; he didn't look up any results to confirm it.

Top Bottom