• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sonic Says: Ultimate

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Eh, Sticks is popular/relevant right now (outside of the Classic characters, she's literally the only currently relevant character), so she makes sense. I don't think it says anything about her becoming main series, but I wouldn't be against her going in. A lot of purists don't want that though.

I hope one of these games has a story mode though. The DS version of Vancouver Olympics had a (really awesome and RPG like) story mode and the 3DS version of London Olympics had a (really meh and overly simple) story mode. They both had a lot of fun character interactions.

I mainly wanna see Rosalina interact with characters since if this game has a story mode, then it'll be the first time she's had extended dialogue of any sort since Galaxy 2. Sticks should be fun to see too.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
guys

cloud

anything is possible

:093:

YoYoFantaFanta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoyofantafanta
3DS FC
4914-3889-8963
Never played Final Fantasy, but Cloud looks awesome.

Also, I got ****ed over in the tournament today. I'm really pissed about it.

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
guys

cloud

anything is possible

My hype thrusters don't know how to respond to this.

On the one hand, F***ING CLOUD.

On the other hand, he's about as non-Nintendo as you can get.

Let's see if we can sneak some Warcraft dudes in there while we're at it.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Look what came in the mail today:

For those of you who don't know, this game is the brain child of Yuji Naka, who was one of the creators of Sonic. Well, the Wii version is anyway, and you can only get that with first print copies of the Wii U version (which was why I ordered the Limited Edition, to make sure I got it).

SonicMario

Smash Master
As fun as the jokes are, Cloud is still a video game based character. Goku isn't.

Cloud was picked because he's the most recognized Final Fantasy character. Picking someone from one of the previous Final Fantasies that were on Nintendo would of likely got a lot more "WHO?!"s then "WHAT?!"s cause Cloud actually is well known enough for even casual gamers to have seen or heard of at least once. And a generic black mage for example seemed to not satisfy Sakurai.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
legacy of goku tho

anything is possible

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
Sakurai actually mentioned Goku (and SpongeBob) in an interview about he was getting ridiculous requests on miiverse for characters to add. Considering that condescending attitude, I highly doubt he'll appear ever.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Sakurai actually mentioned Goku (and SpongeBob) in an interview about he was getting ridiculous requests on miiverse for characters to add. Considering that condescending attitude, I highly doubt he'll appear ever.
I don't blame him for that attitude, considering they are both lame additions to Smash.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I'm honestly pretty happy they added Cloud. Even more happy that he made it in over that pleb we all know as Geno.

That gives us five third party characters, but who cares? As long as they don't throw the game too far overboard with them, I'm happy.

Last edited:

YoYoFantaFanta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoyofantafanta
3DS FC
4914-3889-8963
I'm honestly pretty happy they added Cloud. Even more happy that he made it in over that pleb we all know as Geno.

That gives us five third party characters, but who cares? As long as they don't throw the game too far overboard with them, I'm happy.
We still have one more third party character who should have been added before Ryu and Cloud.

AND HIS NAME IS-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKVmvVRXXCM

jaimex2

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jaimex2
I Googled iconic video game characters and realised Smash has every character from pretty much every list you find now... except for one.

Lara Croft.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Or Rayman.

I think everyone wanted Rayman for a bit then forgot.

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
I Googled iconic video game characters and realised Smash has every character from pretty much every list you find now... except for one.

Lara Croft.
My wife's a big fan of Tomb Raider. If Lara got in, I'd relish the moment of dropping the reveal on her. =P

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
Final smash would have to involve Rabbids!
His Final Smash should transform him into his original form from the first game. Then at least he wouldn't have that stupid wacky face that he has nowadays.

And **** rabbids. They're like the precursors of minions.. urghhh

jaimex2

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jaimex2
His Final Smash should transform him into his original form from the first game. Then at least he wouldn't have that stupid wacky face that he has nowadays.
It just occurred to me...
I'm so glad Sonic Boom came out after Smash 4. Imagine if they based Sonic off that abomination.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Or Rayman.

I think everyone wanted Rayman for a bit then forgot.

Nah I still voted for him.

Anyway did anyone see the Season Finale of Sonic Boom?

It's hilarious.

Eggman: "OOH, IT'S SHADOW!"
The Walrus guy: "Who's Shadow?"
Eggman: "HE'S ONLY THE SECOND MOST POPULAR CHARACTER IN CANON!"

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Back when the ballot existed, I only voted for ACTUAL Nintendo characters.
Anyway did anyone see the Season Finale of Sonic Boom?

It's hilarious.

Eggman: "OOH, IT'S SHADOW!"
The Walrus guy: "Who's Shadow?"
Eggman: "HE'S ONLY THE SECOND MOST POPULAR CHARACTER IN CANON!"
Ive stopped caring about anything sonic boom related months ago.

ToonKake

So Animated
NNID
ToOn_Cake
*** is a derogatory way of calling the Japanese. It was especially brutal in World War II and it wasn't uncommon to hear slang insults with the word ***. It's not to the exact same extreme, but it'd be like calling Native Americans a buncha Indians or Mexicans Beaners.

**** was used to demean the Japanese instead of shortening it.

The more you know!
So u Main Cloud now huh ? :)

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
So I've been thinking about this megaton reveal, and then I remembered something: there were THREE placeholder character slots discovered in the data files a while back. Remember how only Lucas was teased at first, and then we suddenly got Roy and Ryu at the same time as him? I feel like something similar is gonna happen with Cloud. This opens up a few possibilities.

I believe the likeliest scenario is this: Cloud and the two mystery characters were planned for the game long before the ballot closed out, and they will be released in December. The evidence is the reveal trailer. Cloud is basically done - he has all his moves and traits functioning properly on the surface, so the only thing left to do is tweak and balance him before release.

As for the two mystery character slots, my instinct tells me they're either veterans (easier to implement) or red herrings (Sakurai honing his trollcraft).

KyroChao

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kyro_Keatonlabs
Thats not very far fetched honestly. I can see that happening, sure hope i have some wallet money remaining by that point if thats the case, xenoblade chronicles x may leave me low at the moment heh.

Top Bottom