• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sonic Says: Ultimate

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
Oh, sweet! That happened just recently too. Funny how these things pop up right before you think about them. =P

But MAN, has it really been almost a decade since the original run of SMBZ started? I feel positively ancient. @_@
Originally I was going to post good fan videos of intro to hypothetical arcs, but I came across that first some how. I'll post those anyway.

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
I know right? It was such a terrible first experience for him because of a broken boss fight >.>

By the way...

I recently finished a Mario & Sonic sprite animation I’ve been working on in my spare time for many years. Thought some people here might be interested.

Any feedback is much appreciated. I was having an issue with the audio volume coming out a lot lower than intended so I just quickly increased it before re-upload it. Hopefully it's all right now.

Cheers! :)
That was great. It avoids many of the unoriginalities that many other SMBZ, such as having Mecha Sonic be the main threat and shoehorning Axem Rangers X and Captain Basilisx just because.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
So SMBZ is back?

I remember when he quit and I went to his deviant art page out of pure ignorance. That was a mistake.

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
I was going to post the news in the Mario Social thread, but it looks...really dead. Even then, the conversations were all super serious and boring and stuff, so I just made a thread in the Nintenzone forum. I appreciate this thread for having fun.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
So apparently, Sega based Sonic's "get it done" personality off Bill Clinton, and his style off Michael Jackson.

Not only that, they based Dr Eggman off of THEODORE ROOSEVELT?!?!?!?! Boy am I learning a lot when classes are canceled for Labor Day.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I know right? It was such a terrible first experience for him because of a broken boss fight >.>

By the way...

I recently finished a Mario & Sonic sprite animation I’ve been working on in my spare time for many years. Thought some people here might be interested.

Any feedback is much appreciated. I was having an issue with the audio volume coming out a lot lower than intended so I just quickly increased it before re-upload it. Hopefully it's all right now.

Cheers! :)
At least we got and extremely funny meme out of it.

Also, that video is AMAZING. Nice work man!

:135:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
So apparently, Sega based Sonic's "get it done" personality off Bill Clinton, and his style off Michael Jackson.

Not only that, they based Dr Eggman off of THEODORE ROOSEVELT?!?!?!?! Boy am I learning a lot when classes are canceled for Labor Day.

I sometimes forget that not everyone else has the same treasure trove of Sonic trivia as me.

:093:

Luig

Confused
The way it works is that most multi hit attacks do .x damage, or they have empty 0% hits like one of them in Sonic's fair. I believe that hit was an empty one, and 6WX's holding up DI'd up and killed him.
AT 0% FREAKING PERCENT.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
The way it works is that most multi hit attacks do .x damage, or they have empty 0% hits like one of them in Sonic's fair. I believe that hit was an empty one, and 6WX's holding up DI'd up and killed him.
AT 0% FREAKING PERCENT.
You can only die off the top if you enter hitstun (or are grounded, or wafting, but that's another point).
If a move deals effective 0 damage, you would NOT enter hitstun (iirc the hitstun formula was like damage*0.4=X frames).
So you wouldn't die.
So this case was a "less than 1%, more than 0%" kind of hit.
:196:

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
So right now there's a storm where I'm at.

I may have asked this before, but does anyone else here listen to Open your Heart in their car radio while driving through a storm?

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix

I may have asked this before, but does anyone else here listen to Open your Heart in their car radio while driving through a storm?
That sounds like a fantastic idea! Myself, I play Meat Loaf.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"

I'm am often listening to Rooftop Run or Escape From the City the most when i am travelling.

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
Not that I drive with music, but I'd be afraid to turn on any Sonic song for the mentality of speeding (especially Green Forest, aka who is having the most fun: the Guitarist, Bassist, or Drummer)

Login_Sinker

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lagoniusmaximus
So, it's no secret that Sonic is widely regarded as an annoying character, and people tend to complain about him. I had such an experience at a tourney recently (heckled by the crowd and sent passive aggressive Skype messages by the dude I beat). Anyone care to share their stories of salt? How do you deal with it?

jordanm43444

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jordanm43444
So, it's no secret that Sonic is widely regarded as an annoying character, and people tend to complain about him. I had such an experience at a tourney recently (heckled by the crowd and sent passive aggressive Skype messages by the dude I beat). Anyone care to share their stories of salt? How do you deal with it?
To deal with salt I just tell the person to get good. Even had to teach someone how to tell the difference between side/downb mid set once. That was fun.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I don't really get salt for playing Sonic, personally.

One time though, I picked Sonic and my opponent mumbled "Cancer..." so I proceeded to camp the **** out of him and take the set 2-0.

If you want cancer, I'll give you cancer.

That's pretty much it though. Some people will say things after a set saying that Sonic gives them a tough time or that they don't know the match-up, or even occasionally before a match they'll say it and I'll have already known that I won at that point. Most of the people I encounter usually respect my Sonic though and just ask for advice, which I'll give if you're chill about it.

I don't know, I think it helps if you're at least known a little because if you're just another annoying Sonic that's not really leaving impressions or just live in a scrubby area, then no one's going to really care.
Even had to teach someone how to tell the difference between side/downb mid set once.
I would never. That's not your responsibility. If they ask for advice after the set, then do it if you so choose. Otherwise, don't.

It's not your fault they're bad/didn't take the time to learn. It's not like customs where there's an excuse to ask what it does/how it works.

jordanm43444

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jordanm43444
I would never. That's not your responsibility. If they ask for advice after the set, then do it if you so choose. Otherwise, don't.

It's not your fault they're bad/didn't take the time to learn. It's not like customs where there's an excuse to ask what it does/how it works.

I mean I usually wouldnt do it until after the set, but there was a **** ton of time to kill (He was using 3DS and it died mid set and he had to find his charger and ****) So it was just a quick "Down B is purple, sideb is yellow btw"

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Now in gif form

Oh that's easy.

Simply tell them,

COME ON STEP IT UP!!!
:4sonic:

Login_Sinker

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lagoniusmaximus
Yeah all I can say about that salt lord is that he ensured I'll be going all Sonic, all defensive at the next tournament we end up at.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Wait, I just realized something...

Why did Ally take an extra percent of damage before landing? He was ways away from the blastzone...

BSP

Smash Legend
This is just sad. #RIPWX

This did suck for him. I wonder whether or not 6WX was holding up when he got hit. He went for a Uair, so my guess is yes. Maybe that boost from holding up would've been the difference between life and death?

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Wait, I just realized something...

Why did Ally take an extra percent of damage before landing? He was ways away from the blastzone...

I think the reason was that he still had the magnifying glass on him (which is the actual cause of the percent damage) due to camera being still zoomed on the top part of the screen.

Sonicrida

Smash Cadet
I think the reason was that he still had the magnifying glass on him (which is the actual cause of the percent damage) due to camera being still zoomed on the top part of the screen.

That's a pretty strict camera. I always figured it would only work like that when also being a certain distance away from the stage. I wonder if that's a design oversight.

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208

Oh, how about that. You're right.
That's a pretty strict camera. I always figured it would only work like that when also being a certain distance away from the stage. I wonder if that's a design oversight.
This game sucks.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Has nothing to do with the camera. As long as you're in the magnifying glass, you take damage. :applejack:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Oh, how about that. You're right.

You sound surprised

I don't think so. That's how the game was design, show it's not really an over sight.

Has nothing to do with the camera. As long as you're in the magnifying glass, you take damage. :applejack:
Though whether you are in the magnifying glass or not is all dependent on the Camera (attires at least)

hypersonicJD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
I don't have
3DS FC
2122-7467-7267
That was totally amazing. Why? Two things: HOW COULD MARIO KILL SONIC LIKE THAT? AND WHY DID 6WX USED UP AIR WHILE IN THE AIR!?

Anyways, I actually wanted to discuss something about Sonic Adventure.

Does anybody here hate the game? Because the Game Grumps have been bashing on it pretty hard and almost every single person is making excuses to defend Egoraptor's insults to the Sonic Adventure fanbase and the game in general. It's like the Sonic haters heated up and wanted to bash the living **** out of Sonic Adventure. Does anyone agree with them? Do you like Adventure? Could Sega have handled the game better at your opinion? Or you just don't even care about it?

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
Both Sonic Adventure games have good parts, but there's plenty of bad to latch on to as well. I think it's mostly just Egoraptor's bias steamroller fueled by the power of his fanbase, though - he's previously stated his opinion that the Adventure games are as bad as '06. Makes you wonder if he actually played '06 or if he just was shooting the breeze with JonTron for over 100 episodes. =P

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Yeah, but I think what he meant was that the magnifying glass damage appeared because of the way the camera was focused.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
That was totally amazing. Why? Two things: HOW COULD MARIO KILL SONIC LIKE THAT? AND WHY DID 6WX USED UP AIR WHILE IN THE AIR!?
For the first question
as for the second question I don't know, maybe he thought he was going to hit Mario

Does anybody here hate the game? Because the Game Grumps have been bashing on it pretty hard and almost every single person is making excuses to defend Egoraptor's insults to the Sonic Adventure fanbase and the game in general. It's like the Sonic haters heated up and wanted to bash the living **** out of Sonic Adventure. Does anyone agree with them? Do you like Adventure? Could Sega have handled the game better at your opinion? Or you just don't even care about it?
I liked SA 1 (still have to play 2) though it did have it's probables at times, e.g. felt to much like an adventure game and not really a Sonic Game, Big the Cat......

Both Sonic Adventure games have good parts, but there's plenty of bad to latch on to as well. I think it's mostly just Egoraptor's bias steamroller fueled by the power of his fanbase, though - he's previously stated his opinion that the Adventure games are as bad as '06. Makes you wonder if he actually played '06 or if he just was shooting the breeze with JonTron for over 100 episodes. =P
I still don't understand why Egoraptor hates Sonic in general so much. Also, yeah I think they might have been a little disracted but all of Sonic '06s "faults" and not paying much attention to how bad it is. Though he does have a point. Sonic 06 seems to have been designed off of the Adventure Games.

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
I still don't understand why Egoraptor hates Sonic in general so much. Also, yeah I think they might have been a little disracted but all of Sonic '06s "faults" and not paying much attention to how bad it is. Though he does have a point. Sonic 06 seems to have been designed off of the Adventure Games.

Everyone's got their unreasonable biases. I, for example, can't stand the Monster Hunter series. I respect it, and I acknowledge its quality of production, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

Now, if you're specifically seeking things that you hate just to complain about them, that's a whole 'nother can of bees. I don't know if this is how the Grumps operate, but it wouldn't surprise me - the main draw of their show is the Seinfeldian conversation, not the actual gameplay.

Top Bottom