• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sonic Says: Ultimate

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
So Sensane Sensane .

Remember how you said Link was overhyped?

Might want to mention the fact that a Link main took third place at Civil War

It's a mastapiece.

Wait how did they do thie?

Did he play the game then have his friends watch his edit video?

Still funny as hell

:135:

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Nah people aren't saying that Link is gonna be higher tier; I've heard more people say that T carried Link rather than Link carried T. Remember that dearth matchup knowledge can be a factor in tournaments. I mean I've taken sets off of ranked players from Purdue (one of which was a DHD main), but I still ain't gonna flaunt those results and say that Pit has been getting better results and should be higher.

However, I would still like to say that last week I went to Full Bloom 3 and got 17th mostly going all Pit. And since amateur bracket was a requirement I had to be in that. I missed my first set since I didn't know that amateur bracket was a requirement, but I made the losers bracket run and got 4th in that going all Pit. At that same tournament I took a game off of Purdue's best player and had very close games with an HR in Indiana (I got 2-0d, but they were close games). I feel like I'm doing better at a national level. I'm not trying to brag about my results and try to boost my character like I said, I'm only saying this because 1. I never brought it up yet and this is my best result so far and 2. I'm trying to introduce a new subject. Which btw I still need to post it on the Pit discord.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Nah people aren't saying that Link is gonna be higher tier; I've heard more people say that T carried Link rather than Link carried T. Remember that dearth matchup knowledge can be a factor in tournaments. I mean I've taken sets off of ranked players from Purdue (one of which was a DHD main), but I still ain't gonna flaunt those results and say that Pit has been getting better results and should be higher.

However, I would still like to say that last week I went to Full Bloom 3 and got 17th mostly going all Pit. And since amateur bracket was a requirement I had to be in that. I missed my first set since I didn't know that amateur bracket was a requirement, but I made the losers bracket run and got 4th in that going all Pit. At that same tournament I took a game off of Purdue's best player and had very close games with an HR in Indiana (I got 2-0d, but they were close games). I feel like I'm doing better at a national level. I'm not trying to brag about my results and try to boost my character like I said, I'm only saying this because 1. I never brought it up yet and this is my best result so far and 2. I'm trying to introduce a new subject. Which btw I still need to post it on the Pit discord.
Dude i was just taking the piss out of things :laugh:. I mean yeah it did come across as bragging a bit (Link's my guy i defend him), but i can assure you it was meant only as a joke.

I told understand what your opinion on how Link isn't top tier. Though i still think his at the most mid tier (maybe a bit below Robin), he is definitely at times over talked a bit

Huh... those are really good results. Good Job. Seriously really good job Sensane. :) . You're coming along really well

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
Wait how did they do thie?

Did he play the game then have his friends watch his edit video?

Still funny as hell

Yeah, it's edited and commented in post. BrainScratchComms does the same thing - they can get a fair few laughs out of editing jokes.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
*See profile picture and username
Screen Shot 2017-04-01 at 3.34.23 pm.png

Yeah, it's edited and commented in post. BrainScratchComms does the same thing - they can get a fair few laughs out of editing jokes.
I was going to say if they did the editing while play, that's some wizardry **** right there

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
FINALLY a website that understand me & Knuckles.

:093:

Sytal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sytal
Did not expect this first thing in the morning.
7.8/Knuckles, too little &Knuckles.

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Here I come, rougher than the rest of them.
The best of them, tougher than leather.
You can kall me Knuckles.
Unlike Sonic, I don't chuckle; I'd rather flex mah muscles.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I suddenly feel the urge to play Sonic 3 & Knuckles.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Everyone here is taling about Sonic 3 & Knuckles & Knuckles

But what about Knuckles Chaotix & Knuckles

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Gone, but not forgotten.

:093:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Speaking of Knuckles... who were the characters that Sega said wasn't playable in Sonic Forces?

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Speaking of Knuckles... who were the characters that Sega said wasn't playable in Sonic Forces?

Big the cat, Sticks the badger, Rouge the bat, E-102 Gamma, E-101 Beta, Chaos, Bean the duck, FANG, Bark the polar bear, Marine the raccoon, Captain Whisker, Johnny, Shade the clothed female Sonic character from the worst f***ing game ever, Cream the Rabbit, Team Chaotix, Team ZeRo, Team Ally, Team ESAM, Team Nairo, 8 bit Sonic, 8 bit Tails, the Babylon Rogues, Metal Sonic, Tails Doll, Mecha Sonic, Mecha Knuckles, Metal Knuckles, Eggman Robo, and of course komorikiri's favorite Sonic character, Cloud the strife.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Big the cat, Sticks the badger, Rouge the bat, E-102 Gamma, E-101 Beta, Chaos, Bean the duck, FANG, Bark the polar bear, Marine the raccoon, Captain Whisker, Johnny, Shade the clothed female Sonic character from the worst f***ing game ever, Cream the Rabbit, Team Chaotix, Team ZeRo, Team Ally, Team ESAM, Team Nairo, 8 bit Sonic, 8 bit Tails, the Babylon Rogues, Metal Sonic, Tails Doll, Mecha Sonic, Mecha Knuckles, Metal Knuckles, Eggman Robo, and of course komorikiri's favorite Sonic character, Cloud the strife.
Did they specifically mention either Shadow, Silver or Tails?

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Okay because after i saw a video discussing the third play style i got thinking what if it wasn't a third sonic but just simple a third hedgehog (aka Shadow) that had as an example the Adventure play style?

That way there aren't adding even more Sonic's to confuse people (especially since they have said Dreamcast sonic and Modern Sonic are suppose to be the same person)

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
Here's a video for those who think Sakurai is the only reason Smash is the way it is.

★ARKZ AGES★

Smash Cadet
NNID
ARKZ_AGES
Here's a video for those who think Sakurai is the only reason Smash is the way it is.

Extra Credits has taught me a crapton on how to be a decent game designer. Whenever I'm wondering how something goes in game development they always seem to have a video on it.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"

Hm... now that makes me wonder

Who is to blame for making Ganondorf still a clone of Captain Falcon?

But seriously that is actually a really awesome and enlightening video

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix

I've been catching up with the new season of Samurai Jack. It's quite excellent.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I've seen this on the "Top image" bar. What is it about?

It sounds familiar for some reason

Sytal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sytal
I've been catching up with the new season of Samurai Jack. It's quite excellent.
Once I saw the segment of the show where the assassins noticed the deer, I immediately realized that at least one of them was going to be left with Jack/turn to his side. Classic foreshadowing.
I am a bit concerned that this could cause the focus of the story to be drawn away from Jack, but on the flip side it could also be used to further explore different aspect of Jack (like his encroaching mental instability).
We shall see, I suppose.

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
I've seen this on the "Top image" bar. What is it about?

It sounds familiar for some reason

Samurai Jack? It's a cartoon about a lone samurai's quest to return to his own time after being sent into the distant future. What sets it apart is how artsy it is, especially with huge tracking shots that sweep across epic landscapes, inspiring feelings of awe and emphasizing how huge the world is and how monumental Jack's task is. "Show, don't tell" is used to excellent effect here - many details are conveyed clearly without a single word being spoken.

Originally, the show ran for four seasons on Cartoon Network back in the 90's, and although the continuity was solid, each episode told its own story, and humor was a pillar of the show alongside the action scenes and aforementioned artsiness. But recently, a fifth season began airing on Adult Swim, taking many themes from the original show and putting a much darker spin on them. Each episode connects directly to the next, the humor is dialed back (although not completely absent), and the toll that Jack's never-ending quest has on his mental stability is explored in full. The intent of the fifth season is to serve as a grand finale, wrapping up Jack's story once and for all.

This might jog your memory:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Samurai Jack? It's a cartoon about a lone samurai's quest to return to his own time after being sent into the distant future. What sets it apart is how artsy it is, especially with huge tracking shots that sweep across epic landscapes, inspiring feelings of awe and emphasizing how huge the world is and how monumental Jack's task is. "Show, don't tell" is used to excellent effect here - many details are conveyed clearly without a single word being spoken.

Originally, the show ran for four seasons on Cartoon Network back in the 90's, and although the continuity was solid, each episode told its own story, and humor was a pillar of the show alongside the action scenes and aforementioned artsiness. But recently, a fifth season began airing on Adult Swim, taking many themes from the original show and putting a much darker spin on them. Each episode connects directly to the next, the humor is dialed back (although not completely absent), and the toll that Jack's never-ending quest has on his mental stability is explored in full. The intent of the fifth season is to serve as a grand finale, wrapping up Jack's story once and for all.

This might jog your memory:

Oh that actually sounds like an interesting watch.
But just looking at KYM, Adult swim seem to have done some with Jack that pissed off the internet (and it involved Rick and Morty)

Oh gods, now that you play that theme, the show sounds even more familiar....

I probably watched it a few times when i was a kid..

Sytal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sytal
Oh that actually sounds like an interesting watch.
But just looking at KYM, Adult swim seem to have done some with Jack that pissed off the internet (and it involved Rick and Morty)
I was legit confused when it happened, but I think in retrospect that it was a pretty good joke for April Fools Day. At least R&M fans got a new episode. And Adult Swim could have done much worse in terms of potential pranks.
It just frustrated some of us who started getting really into the first couple episodes, but it was harmless. I thought it was genuinely funny.

Top Bottom