• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sonic Says: Ultimate

P.Kay

Smash Apprentice
NNID
plenty.kay
3DS FC
3153-8243-0352
Who's been playing SSF2 Beta recently? If you haven't play it; it's GREAT!!!
I haven't got the chance to unfortunately (my computer is run by an administrator), it looks great though. I hope I get to play it sometime soon!

Kulty

Smash Ace
You know it's been a bit of a slow day.

Lets speed things up with some music

:135:
I listened to that song SO MANY TIMES! IT`S SO GOD DAMN GOOD! :love:. All Hail Lyrics in my:4sonic:game. I think it's really the first time since Sonic Adventure 2 that there's going to be lyrics in the main stages (not counting the spin off Sonic games, just the canon ones. Correct me if I'm wrong about that). I'll leave the extended version here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsxDnyv16Rs. Despite what my signature says (a loyalist of Sonic's main rival), I'm a pretty huge Sonic fan.

Last edited:

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix

Can anyone shed some light on how in the world BUBSY got a reboot?

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I've been looking at a bit of Attack on Titan stuff lately (mostly just the awesome Season 1 theme song and parody videos like Slap on Titan) and it seems like a very interesting anime, though it is quiet intense (so much blood and thumb biting). But there is one thing from all that i've seen that i don't understand

Why do people suddenly get blood around their eyes?

I guess just a lot of old things are starting to be given new life again (Crash Bandicoot for one thing. So hyped for that)

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208

Because memes.

I've been looking at a bit of Attack on Titan stuff lately (mostly just the awesome Season 1 theme song and parody videos like Slap on Titan) and it seems like a very interesting anime, though it is quiet intense (so much blood and thumb biting). But there is one thing from all that i've seen that i don't understand

Why do people suddenly get blood around their eyes?

Do you mean when they look like this?

DBh-ibpVoAEnrI-.jpg

:093:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Solid list of games for that opening montage - not a bad one in the bunch.

Not sure how interesting a purely text-based adventure game would be, but my only experience with genre is parodies like Thy Dungeonman from Homestar Runner or ridiculous examples like the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
So...

Shadow is a villain again.

Not sure how i feel about this one. I mean everyone else I'm fine with (hell I'm excited for Metal Sonic and Chaos). But Shadow being a villain? I just feel like there is some plot twist here they aren't revealing. I feel like maybe his a double agent or something for the Resistance. Idk

But honestly the more we see of Sonic Forces, the more i feel like Sega is actually attempting to pull of a Sonic version of the Flashpoint Paradox.

I cannot be the only one seeing it right?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I feel like the new villain will exist to set up the time travel elements and form a rivalry with your OC, and in the end, your OC will sacrifice themselves to seal the villain away so that neither of them has to be mentioned in a future Sonic game.

★ARKZ AGES★

Smash Cadet
NNID
ARKZ_AGES
I never thought we would get a character edgier than Shadow or Mephiles, but this "" character has actually accomplished just that.

Sytal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sytal
Y'all are going on about Shadow being bad again and all that, and I'm just stuck here going "Why is Chaos0 suddenly here and apparently evil now?" Didn't we resolve that bit already? It's not like they're gonna throw perfect Chaos at us again.
He's the only one that really seems to stick out honestly. I'd buy Shadow being on the dark side again. He seems to do that for kicks and giggles from time to time anyway.

Also, it was explicitly stated that we are still not getting a Chao garden in this game. It is sad day.

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
Don't worry, I'm not expecting any game of the year awards. That trailer I made was just a fun joke by virtue of overacting and the spirit of E3. (With just a dash of Poe's law.)

And ooooooh yes, all that juicy Sonic Forces info! The game is really shaping up to be something good. I'm still looking forward to Sonic Mania, but if they manage to pull off Forces right it'll easily be the bigger and better game.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Y'all are going on about Shadow being bad again and all that, and I'm just stuck here going "Why is Chaos0 suddenly here and apparently evil now?" Didn't we resolve that bit already? It's not like they're gonna throw perfect Chaos at us again.
Honestly, i think it's basically what everyone one else saying; it's going to be some wibbly wobly timey wimey stuff that is the source of all this.

Speaking of Timey wimey stuff
Sonic-Forces-villain-i-a-shellnut.png
[/spoilers]

Last edited:

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Oh hey, I finally finished the first season of Dr. who. Now O need to find time to watch the second season; I hear that they get better and better with each season.

★ARKZ AGES★

Smash Cadet
NNID
ARKZ_AGES
Artificial Chaos is a thing. We might just be seeing a more advanced version of that, Shadow might be secretly double-agenting, Metal Sonic is self-explanatory, Zavok is an interesting move since he can control robots and is strong enough to not really be directly harmed by Sonic.

Expecting an ego clash with Shadow and Zavok, if the villains even interact that is, I hope they do.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Honestly, as much as i have a few questions about the villains in this game (mostly the Infinite guy), i am honestly happy with where Sega is going with Sonic Forces and I am genuinely excited for the game.
The Sonic "Fan" base, however, does not seem to share my same opinion -_-
Oh hey, I finally finished the first season of Dr. who. Now O need to find time to watch the second season; I hear that they get better and better with each season.
Trust me they do. Well that is until Capaldi. Not say his the worst, hardly (his latest season is absolutely amazinh) but it's just not as good as Tennant or Smith's seasons

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Trust me they do. Well that is until Capaldi. Not say his the worst, hardly (his latest season is absolutely amazinh) but it's just not as good as Tennant or Smith's seasons

I feel like I'm the only one that likes Eccleston. I guess that maybe it's just a case of "not as good as the other ones", but besides that I see nothing wrong with him; I think he's hilarious.

But besides that, I gotta say: Billie Piper's effin HAWT!!

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I feel like I'm the only one that likes Eccleston. I guess that maybe it's just a case of "not as good as the other ones", but besides that I see nothing wrong with him; I think he's hilarious.

But besides that, I gotta say: Billie Piper's effin HAWT!!
I thought he was pretty go, but there was something about him that i never enjoyed as much as Tennant or Capaldi.

For (at least in the modern seasons) it goes Tennant>Capaldi>Smith>Eccleston

Yeah, don't think you're the only one who thinks that about Rose.
Seriously though, see is an awesome companion, but just wait until you meet Amy and Rory

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
Yesterday there was a Cox truck working on some telephone poles not 1000 feet from my house. So I'm gonna go find a star to wish upon and wish that it was setting up some internet cables that'll run to my house.

OF ALL THE THINGS TO RELIVE FROM MY CHILDHOOD, SATELLITE INTERNET WAS NOT MY FIRST CHOICE

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
I'm at the stage of developing my game where I"m like, "Oh, I need to fix this bug I found a while back - wait, I already fixed it..."

Next time I make a game, I need to write down more notes.

Still on schedule for July 1st. Get hyped.

Sytal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sytal
Wait, you aren't you writing change logs?
My C-language class required them for each programming session on a Rouge-like game as part of our grade.
I really recommend doing it early and often. It makes coming back to a program later on muuuuuuuuch easier.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Here's a little something to lighten everyone's day

I'm at the stage of developing my game where I"m like, "Oh, I need to fix this bug I found a while back - wait, I already fixed it..."

Next time I make a game, I need to write down more notes.

Still on schedule for July 1st. Get hyped.
What game are you making?

Is it a sonic fan game?

I made pong once.

It was fun

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
Wait, you aren't you writing change logs?
My C-language class required them for each programming session on a Rouge-like game as part of our grade.
I really recommend doing it early and often. It makes coming back to a program later on muuuuuuuuch easier.
I'll own up to it. Comments make dissecting the program a lot easier, but it's far from perfect. I blame 3 years of rustiness.

What game are you making?

Is it a sonic fan game?

I made pong once.

It was fun
It's a text adventure called Master of the Earth. As of this writing, it's feature-complete, so the only thing left to do is polish and bugfix.

I made an E3-style trailer for it back during E3:

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
IIt's a text adventure called Master of the Earth. As of this writing, it's feature-complete, so the only thing left to do is polish and bugfix.

I made an E3-style trailer for it back during E3:

Reminds me a lot of the Mania trailer.

I'd buy it if it was for sale. Good job man

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
Well, I almost made that July 1st release date I promised. Lesson learned: give thyself extra time to polish and bugfix.

The story goes that a lightning strike knocked out power to my house the night before last, delaying some much-needed work until the very last minute. It wasn't long, but it was long enough.

I'm not gonna beat myself up over it, though. In spite of the delays, Master of the Earth is a finished product. Here's the download link.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/xir3du2p62grod5/Master_of_the_Earth.zip

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Sonic Forces main theme's lyrics just dropped

tbh, i think the lyrics are fine though the sing just seems... flat. Like he doesn't emphasis at points he should and it just leaves it without the "omph" that most other Sonic themes have.

Oh and the name just feels a little silly too.

★ARKZ AGES★

Smash Cadet
NNID
ARKZ_AGES
Well, it is a sample. It could be impoved/changed by the time the game comes out. Honestly it's already grown on me.

Also, holy **** Douglas Robb? Of Hoobastank? What year is it?

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Well, it is a sample. It could be impoved/changed by the time the game comes out. Honestly it's already grown on me.

Also, holy **** Douglas Robb? Of Hoobastank? What year is it?
That is very true. Like i said, i don't hate it, just feels like something is missing atm

People reacting about the singer yet i have no idea who he is

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Hoobastank is like... The most random choice.

:093:

Top Bottom