• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic Red the Koopa Katastrophe + Mario Blue the Eggman Enigma

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
So I like most gamers were wondering what would a platformer starring Mario and Sonic would be like, my main issue would be that Mario and Sonic's gameplay would be too different to find a balance so I thought of an alternative idea, two split games featuring Mario and Sonic universes crossing over and when I mean universe I mean the entire universe, from 06 to Boom to Paper Mario to even DKC no potential stone would be left unturned, my goal is to create two games, one a sonic game featuring adventure style structure taking place in mario levels and a 64 style mario adveture taking place in classic sonic stages, soon I will create an intro to this potential adveture.

And they shall be called

Sonic Red the Koopa Katastrophe
+
Mario Blue the Eggman Enigma

Last edited:

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
So I like most gamers were wondering what would a platformer starring Mario and Sonic would be like, my main issue would be that Mario and Sonic's gameplay would be too different to find a balance so I thought of an alternative idea, two split games featuring Mario and Sonic universes crossing over and when I mean universe I mean the entire universe, from 06 to Boom to Paper Mario to even DKC no potential stone would be left unturned, my goal is to create two games, one a sonic game featuring adventure style structure taking place in mario levels and a 64 style mario adveture taking place in classic sonic stages, soon I will create an intro to this potential adveture.

And they shall be called

Sonic Red the Koopa Katastrophe
+
Mario Blue the Eggman Enigma
They sound interesting; what sort of plot does each have?

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Intro

They sound interesting; what sort of plot does each have?
So The basic plot would be

One day Egmkan is on his Winged Fortress with Metal Sonic and his bad nicks, his plans from Sonic Forces in peices, frustrated Eggman decided to use the last Phantom Shard and try to go back in time to stop Sonic

Meanwhile Bowser is plotting to kidnap peach again and asks Kamek to create a portal for him to warp too peaches castle, Kamek obliges but those two forces causes a rift in the space time continuum causing Sonic and Mario to combine into one world

Sonic and freinds gets separated and he begins to fall into a decrepit mansion, (with werehog death sound effects in play when he fall from the sky) he lands in the attic and trips unconcious

Meanwhile Mario and Luigi get separated in a grassy green hill and are trying to reunite with each other

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
This game not only references the main mario and sonic timeline but also the obscure and infamous stuff so yes you will get 06 and Super Paper Mario content

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
So the basic game is that their is a Main campaign and 2 sub campaigns in each version

Sonic will have Shadow and Tails

Mario will have Luigi and Captain Toad

Sonic will go though mario levels and Mario will go though Sonic levels

Sonic will deal with the Koopalings and Mario will deal with the Deadly Six

Sonic uses his boost gameplay and shift from 2d to 3d, Shadow will act as 06 Sonic with fully 3d levels (minus the glitches) and Tails will be more puzzle platform with his gadgets

Mario levels are 64 styled Luigi is 3d world styled and Captain Toad does his Treasure Tracker Gameplay

That's the basic gist of the gameplay

Last edited:

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
So the basic game is that their is a Main campaign and 2 sub campaigns in each version

Sonic will have Shadow and Tails

Mario will have Luigi and Captain Toad

Sonic will go though mario levels and Mario will go though Sonic levels

Sonic will deal with the Koopalings and Mario will deal with the Deadly Six

Sonic uses his boost gameplay and shift from 2d to 3d, Shadow will act as 06 Sonic with fully 3d levels (minus the glitches) and Tails will be more puzzle platform with his gadgets

Mario levels are 64 styled Luigi is 3d world styled and Captain Toad does his Treasure Tracker Gameplay

That's the basic gist of the gameplay
Much of it is like a new language to me though, since I have not played any games in especially the Sonic series, which is ironic, because he and his company comprise one of my favorite gaming franchises in terms of design.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Much of it is like a new language to me though, since I have not played any games in especially the Sonic series, which is ironic, because he and his company comprise one of my favorite gaming franchises in terms of design.
Okay so I'll be more specific

From Unleashed onward sonic's main gameplay gimmick would be he had a special meter to go ultra fast and his stages would swap between 2d plaforming and 3d hallways, this is basically the same thing but in famous mario stages

Shadow uses the adventure/06 gameplay where the level is a large open 3d level and you go down multible route to the goal ring

Tales is based on puzzle platforming in small enclosed spaces using his signature gadgets

Here is an example of sonic gameplay
And an example of shadow gameplay

Tales is totally unique so no video example

Also in the second video replace Sonic with Shadow

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
Okay so I'll be more specific

From Unleashed onward sonic's main gameplay gimmick would be he had a special meter to go ultra fast and his stages would swap between 2d plaforming and 3d hallways, this is basically the same thing but in famous mario stages

Shadow uses the adventure/06 gameplay where the level is a large open 3d level and you go down multible route to the goal ring

Tales is based on puzzle platforming in small enclosed spaces using his signature gadgets

Here is an example of sonic gameplay
And an example of shadow gameplay

Tales is totally unique so no video example

Also in the second video replace Sonic with Shadow
(I made a typing mistake. I meant to say that I have not played 'many' of especially Sonic games.)

Please forgive that I am trying to avoid certain media until I upgrade my phone plan. Anyway, I know a very small amount about the property, but I mostly have to imagine what it would be like. I have played Sonic Heroes and a few of the mobile games, but that is all. I have intentions of playing the classics in the future.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Okay I'm going to start with Sonic's campaign

"One day a blue hedgehog fell from a tremendous height onto a strange marshy feild, the hedgehog wakes up and see a new strange horizon, what world had he been to, with no allies the blue hedgehog speeds across the great orange pond"

Stage 1 Gloam Valley

Okay your probably thinking, out of all the mario stages you picked Gloam Valley, which even isnt from a main Mario title

Well I have good reasoning for this

Firstly this is sonic's first stage and I wanted to pick a stage that would work as a sonic stage as well as a mario stage

With multible pathways their woudlcbe many possibilities from boosting onto the water's surface or braving the depths a defeating the cheep cheep below, if your high enough you can also go into the swamp canopy

And since it's well Gloam Valley what could be better that ending at the mansion's entrance as your first goal

Would you like me to pick mainstream or more obscure picks in a nice mix?

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
What do you mean? Are you talking about game titles, characters, or something else?
I wanted to have the stage selection consists of both popular and obscure picks, Gloam Valley is from super paper mario a spinoff game but has good environments and I also wanted to add some obscure and iconic levels from sonic

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
I wanted to have the stage selection consists of both popular and obscure picks, Gloam Valley is from super paper mario a spinoff game but has good environments and I also wanted to add some obscure and iconic levels from sonic
Well, I do not know the names of most of them, but Mario stages and Sonic stages seem to be very appealing and varied in general, if my experiences inform me correctly. Obscure/iconic status would matter little to me, provided the stages chosen are easily distinguished as belonging to the Mario or Sonic universes, correspondingly.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Well, I do not know the names of most of them, but Mario stages and Sonic stages seem to be very appealing and varied in general, if my experiences inform me correctly. Obscure/iconic status would matter little to me, provided the stages chosen are easily distinguished as belonging to the Mario or Sonic universes, correspondingly.
Yeah my focus is to try to translate Sonic to Mario and Visa Versa in this game

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Now here is some eggman bowser plot

After some minor scuffling Bowser and Eggman discover each have stuff the other dosnt have (loyal soilders for bowser and techincal knowhow for eggman) and decide to team up to stop their respective enemies

By doing this Bowser orders the 7 koopalings to follow the trail caused by the disruptions from the phantom ruby, it turns out the emeralds and the power stars fused and separated at the same time turning into the 8 Chaos Stars (each pertaining to both the 7 emeralds and phantom ruby) and the Power Emeralds, bowser agrees to collect the Chaos Stars and Eggman orders his robots to collect the Power Emeralds

The first koopaling on the prowl is Iggy who tracked the lacation to Gloam Valley's mansion, he told the people living their that someone is going around stealing the treasures of the land and convinces them to attack sonic when he comes by

By putting two and two together I bet you know what characters those are

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
I am afraid not, for I do not know who resides in Gloam Valley. That is, of course, if you were not referring to something said earlier, which does not seem to be what you are implying.
So far in the very rough story I have Iggy tricked the occupants of the mansion into thinking Sonic was going to steal from them, so they decided to spring a trap for the blue hedgehog, which would go into the first boss fight in the game, and the hostess won't go down without a fight, especially since she is having a nice tea party with her guests

Mimi and her guests (o chunks above, and natasia below) wont allow such things to happen into her guest room and as the hostess Mimi gets first battle

She may not look like much but in her debut game she can change into this form

And this is your first boss in Sonics campaign

As the first boss she isnt much, but she does pull off a good fight, as a spider she can run up walls like sonic and can shoot some rubies ad a nd attack, to defeat her homing attack her head and break off her 6 legs

It's best you look up these characters if your not familiar with super paper mario

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Okay I made some conversations for this boss

(Sonic splashes out of the bog)

Sonic: Aw man my shoes are all soggy, that's no good, I guess there may be some people in this mansion, maybe they know where I am

(Opening the door)

Sonic: Huh it's all dark in here, cant see a thing

(Sonic tires to grap something but he accidentally caused a nearby podium to fall causing a vase to shatter)

Sonic: that's not good I bet

???: who did that

Mimi, master shapeshifter

Mimi: You broke my vase, did you know how many rubees I paid to replace it the first time

Sonic: okay okay I can repay it, I have rings chill out

Mimi: oh you think rings are going to pay for that, who uses rings as currency

Sonic: who uses gems as currency

Mimi: Touche-- wait that's off topic I know you

Sonic: huh??

Mimi: a turtle guy warned me about someone stealing from houses trying to fund a gem, well I'm not going to let you do that

Sonic: I dont know what your talking about

Mimi: you'll see, only a great doofus would steal from the amazing Mimi

Mimimimimi

(Mimi transforms into her true form)

Sonic: What are you some kind of bug, I faced worst things than you, you would be very easy to squish

Mimi: ThE OnE WhO NeEdS SqUiShInG WiLl Be YoU

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Oh no its March 31st Mario Death Day, to celebrate here is Mario's first stage

Crisis City

Mario's Death Place

Mwah Ha Hah

Okay it's not Mario's first stage but it will be one of his final stages

Mario's gameplay is similar to 64, he collects Power Gems and uses them to unlock new areas in the game

Crisis City is one of the later Mario Stages and it's the lava level of the game, their are as usual 6 Power Gems for you to collect

Happy Mario Dies Day and Happy Early April Fools

Top Bottom