• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic is so much fun!

NyTR0

Smash Apprentice
Why is this character so much fun? Lol
Here's a small little video i did against a Ganon CPU. (Im not all that great and sadly it desynced after the second stock) Http://youtu.be/oa7jqnS8jfA
What's the flashiest thing you guys have ever done as Sonic? If you got any videos of your gameplay share em right here! I always love to analyze different people's Sonics.

Also, please excuse the potato phone quality.

Last edited:

NyTR0

Smash Apprentice

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
Every couple of weeks I start to use an option that I haven't really explored with Sonic before and it's amazing just how dynamic my play can transform as a result of it. It's fantastic that Sonic is such a deep character and can have all of these tools that creates these revelations for me. Long live PM Sonic :)

DrugsM2

Smash Apprentice
Every couple of weeks I start to use an option that I haven't really explored with Sonic before and it's amazing just how dynamic my play can transform as a result of it. It's fantastic that Sonic is such a deep character and can have all of these tools that creates these revelations for me. Long live PM Sonic :)
I actually noticed that a few months ago, and its still going on today. basically ive rotated through all of sonics options and it sorta has boiled down to aerials, side-b, grabs, and aerial down-b in neutral and then my punish game goal has become to get them to the edge and land an utilt>dair/nair/fair - uthrow>dair/nair/fair - Grounded fair meteor>dair/nair/fair - Dair>dair/nair/fair - aerial down-b>dair/fair/nair/footstool

NyTR0

Smash Apprentice
I've actually been working on some stuff lately. What I've learned is is especially good on people that are bad at teching. I've been learning my ledge canceled dairs and a sweet little combo on bad techers. Dair, up tilt, fair, up tilt, etc across the stage and looks really cool. You can also even mix it up with fair meteor to make em bounce up and continue. Neat stuff.

DrugsM2

Smash Apprentice
i actually did that same combo except it was shffl fair>utilt>dair>utilt>nair or something like that but juggling people off missed techs like that just doesent happen, it did work for the longest time till i started playing better players more regularly, sonics entire punish game changes vs people at a decently high level that dont miss techs and can DI well, some good stuff ive come up with is like Shffl dair>Jab 1 jab 2> tilt/boost grab

Last edited:

NyTR0

Smash Apprentice
i actually did that same combo except it was shffl fair>utilt>dair>utilt>nair or something like that but juggling people off missed techs like that just doesent happen, it did work for the longest time till i started playing better players more regularly, sonics entire punish game changes vs people at a decently high level that dont miss techs and can DI well, some good stuff ive come up with is like Shffl dair>Jab 1 jab 2> tilt/boost grab
I do the same as you. The fair was supposed to say dair but spell check made it fair Lol.

Kid Anarkist

Smash Rookie
Yo the most stylish thing i ever did IN MY LIFE was against a puff (i never play against a puff) and in an edgeguard i faired the puff towards the uppercorner. Then i went off stage and followed him with an up-B.

In this scenario the spring was of stage along with us and when i spiked the puff with a fair, i spiked him against the outerside of the spring, which by this point, took his stock into the abyss.

I hope this is a solid edgeguard situation for sonic, cause id love to see it happen again

Edit: i just found an example here!!

https://youtu.be/s75ieeyuKOs

Last edited:

NyTR0

Smash Apprentice
Yo the most stylish thing i ever did IN MY LIFE was against a puff (i never play against a puff) and in an edgeguard i faired the puff towards the uppercorner. Then i went off stage and followed him with an up-B.

In this scenario the spring was of stage along with us and when i spiked the puff with a fair, i spiked him against the outerside of the spring, which by this point, took his sock into the abyss.

I hope this is a solid edgeguard situation for sonic, cause id love to see it happen again

Edit: i just found an example here!!

https://youtu.be/s75ieeyuKOs
Sweeeet! That was the first cool thing I ever did with sonic a long time ago.

Top Bottom