• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic in Teams

DrLobster

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrLobster
3DS FC
4699-5880-7408
How is Sonic as a teams character? What are his goals, strengths and weaknesses? What characters does he team well with? Have a Sonic main in my region that I might end up teaming with, so just curious.

Karma!

Smash Rookie
Honestly, from my teams experience (which isn't all that much), sonic serves best as a support character, however, depending on your partner's playstyle, he can play aggressive as well. He gets around the stage easily and works to both aggravate his opponents and pick them off at high percents (or at 0 vs spacies and characters with easily gimpable recoveries). On the other hand, his movement is particularly hard to control in teams which can end up throwing you and your teammate off. Sonic's best "get off me" option is Nair, which comes out quickly (frame 4) but lacks range making his team's life volatile in close quarters against characters the likes of sheik. In my opinion, he works best with characters that are hard hitting and don't rely so heavily on movement. Also teaming with spacies tends to generally be a bad idea as one poorly chosen spin and they're off the stage. However, I've had success teaming with characters like metaknight and fox, so all in all, working on team synergy with a sonic will go a particularly long way. I hope this was helpful! And super duper good luck to you guys!

DrLobster

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrLobster
3DS FC
4699-5880-7408
Thanks, that's super helpful! That makes a lot of sense, actually. I was imagining that Sonic would probably be best as a support, seeing as he can move around really fast and his lack of super quick kill confirms means he is ill-fitted for the frontlines. I'm a Sheik main, but I have a Peach secondary that I go sometimes, so I think I might run with Peach and be a heavy forward with Sonic being heavy support. Either way, thanks for the advice!

bboss

Smash Journeyman
How is Sonic as a teams character? What are his goals, strengths and weaknesses? What characters does he team well with? Have a Sonic main in my region that I might end up teaming with, so just curious.
Sanic in teams is good for punishes, and his up-b offstage can save your teamate's stock. He's so fast that you can be anywhere you want in a matter of frames. Some (though not me) consider him the best teams character.

Top Bottom