• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic in doubles.

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
For teaming with a Sonic player in doubles, what's good theory to keep in mind regarding neutral and combos?

I main Cloud in doubles, so if I team with a Sonic player, what are the best things to keep in mind?

Rucent

Only strive for first place.
Sonic is an amazing support role in doubles. Possibly the best.
  • He can rack damage very easily. His main problem is killing, but his partner, the lead, should answer this problem. Cloud answers this.
  • He can help set up kills or additional damage pretty easy by utilizing his throws (particularly down throw) and Spin Dash Footstools. What's great about the footstools in a 2v1 setting is that you can force a lot of tech chasing with it that can be covered by both players.
  • Sonic is a character who excels in the ground game, and usually likes to avoid aerial combat. Cloud has the ability to dominate the aerial game with his range and disjoint.
  • Sonic is also very good as a stock tank, because of his movement speed and ability to get out of disadvantage easily. His main scare are opponents who can cover his landings, so if he is in that bad situation, you should should go and help him there.
  • Sonic can come to your aid quickly, and this is important if Cloud is trying to get back into neutral. Sonic is quite literally the fastest runner in the game.
  • Sonic has effective kill setups that can turn the tide of a match in an instant. These include the Spinstool combo and Spring Ride. They are little gimmicks, but can help tremendously. I feel like Sonic should be fishing for these a lot more in doubles as opposed to singles.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
You're Cloud. Throw confirm for Limit Break.

:093:

Top Bottom