• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic In Doubles?

mesikoko

Smash Cadet
NNID
vexcain
3DS FC
1075-1191-5811
I haven't seen anything recent about this, but I play Sonic of course, and I wanted to know about his viability in doubles. I'm also curious about what characters Sonic could work best with. I've never played doubles seriously, but me and a friend (A kirby main) may start getting into them, so I thought I'd ask the PM Sonic community of their thoughts.
Thanks!

GabPR

Smash Lord
Look for youtube videos with Wizzrobe on VGBootCamp. He entered CEO with A metaknight name nicknamed plup. I Believe they either got second or won. Check them out.

Blenger

Smash Rookie
Wizzrobe you inspired me to main sonic man, and I'm sure other people too.

Keep running.

mtmaster

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mtmaster_2k7
3DS FC
0645-7185-4095
All the Sonic Team ups I
I haven't seen anything recent about this, but I play Sonic of course, and I wanted to know about his viability in doubles. I'm also curious about what characters Sonic could work best with. I've never played doubles seriously, but me and a friend (A kirby main) may start getting into them, so I thought I'd ask the PM Sonic community of their thoughts.
Thanks!
All the Sonic team ups I have seen have been with Metaknight. Wizzrobe and Plup teamed up recently at CEO using Sonic and Meta Knight respectively, and I have also seen videos of Nazo and K9 teaming up using the same combination as well. It seems like pretty good combination from what I have seen, but really I think that if you and your partner have good enough synergy with your characters and playstyles it may not matter. Although personally I would not recommend using Sonic if your teammate happened to main Ganondorf or Bowser. The chances of them killing you if you're not synced will enough is high, and Sonic as we know is very light.

ynglink

Smash Rookie
NNID
ynglink
I feel characters with better kill potential such as Lucario or Mario are good candidates for Sonic as well. Being one of the best guys to wrack up the percentage.

mtmaster

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mtmaster_2k7
3DS FC
0645-7185-4095
I feel characters with better kill potential such as Lucario or Mario are good candidates for Sonic as well. Being one of the best guys to wrack up the percentage.
Mario and Sonic that actually would be good and kind of appropriate in a way if you ask me lol.

N810

Smash Cadet
I feel like Sonic can be one of the best doubles partner because of his speed. Sonic and focus on one fighter and do a hit-and-run on to the other fighter. Keep them guessing. I tried to double up with a Charizard and it worked out okay. Same with a Dedede. With playing with the bigger and stronger fighters, I have to be careful about my spacing with them.

Vultron

Smash Apprentice
I generally play with an Ivysaur that also does Squirtle and Mario. I prefer Mario over all of his choices, then Ivysaur next. Mario just has better kill moves than the others. When he goes Squirtle, it becomes a crazy mess of a game because we both just go nuts on the other team, but we trip on ourselves a lot.

Anyone else played with another slippery / fast character?

N0PE

Smash Cadet
NNID
m0t0_dr0id28
I play doubles with a buddy who mains Mewtwo, it can be a pretty solid matchup if M2 plays defensively and Sonic gets pickoff KO's.

Top Bottom