• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic Combos

Ragor

Smash Rookie
Dtilt, 1 Jab, Dtilt, Fsmash, works at lower percentages or heavier enemies
Dtilt, 1 jab, grab, pummel, pummel, grab release, Hyphen Smash, works on heavier enemies, use this right away, if used again, the percentage will probrably to high to do the combo
Utilt,short hopped fair, DA,Dsmash, works at very low percents
DA, Utilt, Utilt, Up smash, uair

Thats all have for now, try em out

Ragor

Smash Rookie
Dtilt, 1 jab, grab, (optional)pummel, up throw, Bair

and

Grab, up throw, spring, bair, can KO at high percents

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
Try not to double post, Ragor. Use the edit button.

Utilt has way too much lag for Sonic to use anything else after that.

I'd suggest you have a look at this and check out some tutorials in the video section.

TheAwesomefroggy

Smash Journeyman
Can Sonic jab cancel (almost positive he can).

If so, would this work: Jab 1<Jab 2<Jab 1< Jab 2< Dash Dance< Pivot B-Throw?

True Blue

Smash Lord
Sonic can jab cancel but it sucks because he is little range. He has T-Rex arm range. Especially when you look to someone who has one of the best jab cancels, example Ike.

TheAwesomefroggy

Smash Journeyman
If we can get them with Jab Cancel would the combo work? I don't think the range is really that bad. Not good at all but at least decent imo.

Or maybe not pivot b-throw but any other regular throw?

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
^this

Even with A held down, most characters can jab us during our jab combo. If I EVER jab, its jab 1<dash through/away from the opponent. Its frame 3, so quick, but terribad range/hitstun/dmg.

TheAwesomefroggy

Smash Journeyman
Well I'm nowhere near high level, so i'll believe you. It works decent for me but that's not credible so...

Edit: I'M NOT THE AWESOMEFRO ANYMOAR!!!

True Blue

Smash Lord
Yea jab cancel blows. Especially cause it doesn't stun them enough to keep them in it if they are paying attention. If you connect with a jab you might as well mash A a bunch to finish the combo as quickly as possible. Unless you specifically jabbed them for a reason, like marth jumping on stage with RCO Lag. I think that is the right term. I don't know. Nor care right now. Too much alcohol lol.
The only good part for the jab is because it can finish quickly and come out fairly quick where you can interrupt a Falco jab cancel and kick them away quickly if you are DI'ing the jab correctly. Or something along those lines. I think this all is making sense...
Gonna stop talking now... lol

XLR8TION

Smash Ace
NNID
XLR8TION
3DS FC
4399-0465-6002
homing attack>homing attack>homing attack>more homing attack>spring>dair

new age combo right here!

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
well, Holding A is guaranteed to be as fast as possible, where hitting A can potentially lead to a few missed frames, making it even MORE likely that you'll be interupted

True Blue

Smash Lord
Nah actually I don't believe that. Cause I feel that you can mash A faster to finish the combo than holding A. Cause when ever I hold A on people they potentionally shield the final hit or something but when I mash it they never shield it. Though it could just be my like too I guess.

BSP

Smash Legend
If they're basically touching Sonic, I'll just hold A and the whole jab usually connects. If I hit with Sonic's fist, I'll just do jab 1 and then run away because they'll most likely be able to shield the last hit.

Regardless, Jab suck unless they're right next to you >.< And TB, I don't know if Sonic's jab would activate Marth's RCO. IIRC, I don't think any of Sonic's jabs actually have vertical knockback to pick Marth up for a bit to make him endure the RCO. IE, if you jab someone with Luigi, you see them fly up, but the same doesn't happen for Sonic.

True Blue

Smash Lord
Well when you jab them for the RCO lag they are usually in the air so you are not trying to worry about picking them up. Just stunning them enough the force them to the ground to get a free move on them because they touched the ground and got lagged by the RCO.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Tenki actually covered this a looooong time ago TB. This is also something I have to actively think on when switching from melee falcon (dat gentleman) and sonic. Because holding a does not work there, and works exceedingly well (error free) in brawl (but like I said, if you want to single jab for mix ups/optioons, you hit it just once)

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I'll post something actually useful for once instead of being a pest.

At really low percents, you can combo the front hit of Bair into a grab. The hitbox on Bair is really stupid so it works. You have to time it really low while going towards the ground so you have enough time to get the grab during the hitstun or dash > grab depending on the spacing/%. I generally tend to do it out of spinshot because the arch it sends you at is really nice and it closes the gap between you and your opponent well. More basic **** is that Dtilt from stupid close range can combo into Utilt and probably Ftilt as well. Also, stupid obvious stuff is spindash and ASC **** being able to combo into aerials but that's a given.

As you'll learn, this isn't a combo oriented game. It's a game with strong emphasis on spacing, timing, and reading/conditioning your opponent. It's a game of constant hit confirms that essentially lead into resets where you have to predict where your opponent will land or how they react. For example, during the first stock of the match, you notice that if you Uthrow and try to follow up with a Uair at a low percent, your opponent immediately airdodges anticipating your action. Stock two: you Uthrow at a low percent again, this time, anticipating your opponent's airdodge. You delay, see your opponent airdodge, then you go for the regrab/utilt/uair/whatever. Again, basic level stuff, but that's the mindset you need to have at all times in order to do well. Oh yeah, sometimes Uthrow can combo into Utilt at like 0% on some characters so that's a combo I think sometimes am I still right? Combos.

Also, who could forget the CiTH combo?

UNRELATED EDIT: Moments after posting this I received a "trophy"(?) telling me I've been a member for 5 years. Damn. ****'s crazy.

Anyone know the deal with the new Smashboards? It's obviously been this way for a good while but I can't stand that it's listing my most recent posts as **** from like '08 and I'm seeing them and hating myself wow I was stupid. I know I posted in here semi-recently too on random things but now I have no idea how to check or keep track of my spontaneous self. I can't even name search myself without going into necro territory. Sorry if you guys ever responded to me on some other thread and I didn't see it. I'm not trying to be a COMPLETE troll. I still <3 and miss you guys. Been reading through old threads and YouTube comments and it really brings me back, then this trophy really hit hard. Hope you're all doing well.

:093:

Top Bottom