• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic Central stream announced for May 27th

Sonic_30th_promo.jpg

In honor of celebrating the Blue Hedgehog's 30th birthday, Sega will be hosting a stream that features new Sonic the Hedgehog projects and events. What will this event contain? We may learn more about the upcoming movie, and Sonic Prime on Netflix. In terms of games or other projects, fans are left in the dark until the event.

The event will be held at 9 AM PST/12 PM ET/6PM CET on May 27th, 2021. It will be available on both the Sonic YouTube and Twitch pages.

Author's Note: I'm looking forward to this! Not majorly hyped, but hoping for at least a cool announcement or two. How about you? Let us know below!

Lucas "Thirdkoopa" Guimaraes

Comments

Do you think Sonic will be announced as FP10?
He's been requested since the Melee days. It would be the hypest newcomer ever.

Do you think Sonic will be announced as FP10?
He's been requested since the Melee days. It would be the hypest newcomer ever.
I mean, you could definitely unlock him (and Tails even!) in Melee, you just had to defeat 20 enemies in Cruel Melee. 🙃

Real talk though, I don't think I'd be completely shocked at Tails or Eggman in Smash, but I would think it would happen at E3, not this Sonic stream. I've always really liked Tails and the Sonic crew, so it'd be neat, but I'm not really expecting it.

Hopefully I can sneak in watching this during Algebra class tomorrow. I'm in person so it might be tricky, but as long as I can conceal my emotions it's possible.
(It's the last day of school, so no biggie)

I mean, you could definitely unlock him (and Tails even!) in Melee, you just had to defeat 20 enemies in Cruel Melee. 🙃

Real talk though, I don't think I'd be completely shocked at Tails or Eggman in Smash, but I would think it would happen at E3, not this Sonic stream. I've always really liked Tails and the Sonic crew, so it'd be neat, but I'm not really expecting it.
They could do the ARMS approach and say, "Another Sonic character will be in Smash, but which one?" then reveal the character by E3.

They could do the ARMS approach and say, "Another Sonic character will be in Smash, but which one?" then reveal the character by E3.
That could happen, but I think Sakurai would want all (or most) Smash fans to be able to see the reveal at the same time, even if it’s just a “which one?” kind of deal.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS:sonic::sonic::sonic::sonic::sonic::sonic::sonic::sonic::sonic::sonic::sonic::sonic::sonic::sonic::sonic::sonic::sonic::sonic::sonic::sonic::sonic::sonic::sonic::sonic::sonic::sonic::sonic::sonic::sonic::sonic::sonic::sonic::sonic::sonic::sonic::sonic:

Oh crap, just realized this is tomorrow! That’s exciting! I would love to see Sonic make it onto the PS5 or Switch. Even if it’s redoing certain games. I loved Colors and Generations, and obviously the classics are great. Never played some of the middle ones that involve werewolves, Silver, or knights, and while I haven’t heard great things about them, I’d probably check out any remake or rerelease.

Hoping for a brand new game! Yeah, an Adventure remake would be cool, but I think a new game would be cooler.

Here's hoping that the blue blur's 30th Anniversary is a good one! :ultsonic:

Top Bottom