• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something I noticed about Isabelle's Gyroid planting move

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
One of Isabelle's moves involves her planting a Gyroid into the ground (like Villager's tree), but then the Gyroid flies up once the opponents gets near it. At first I thought this was a reference to the Spiritual Stones from Ocarina of Time and how they can fly up, too, but I don't think that was the case. I was just playing Smash 4 and I unlocked Liftoff Lloid (I never bothered grinding for customs), which is Villager's second? custom side special. It also launches up, but at an angle.
Is it possible that her Gyroid planting move may be an instance where the developers are just taking a Villager custom move, mapping it onto Isabelle and calling it good?

Arrei

Smash Lord
Not... at all? The straight upward trajectory vs. the curved one, the landmine behavior, the repeated hits dragging the target upwards into the final hit, the (presumed) inability to ride the rocket or deploy it in midair, the only thing being reused is Lloid itself.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
If anything Isabelle's lloid is a mixture of both of Villager's 2 custom lloids, along with an added bury ability and activation on enemy contact (and maybe you can manually activate it? that'd be cool)

Teeb147

Smash Legend
If anything Isabelle's lloid is a mixture of both of Villager's 2 custom lloids, along with an added bury ability and activation on enemy contact (and maybe you can manually activate it? that'd be cool)
I'm 90% sure you can manually detonate it. Ive seen it done when no one was near, and she does a little animation.

Top Bottom