• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

someone please help!

Bros229

Smash Cadet
ok, there was a power outage last night where the lightst and power went out for like a second and then came back on. well my wifi usb cable was plugged in to the computer. and it was working fine, then after the outage my wifi plugin wont work. the lights not flashing green. and the computer gives me a pop up screen that say " the device is ont recognized by windows, it has malfunctioned." anyone got any ideas for me?

CartooN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CartoooN
Sounds like one of two things.

One youve broken it (Less likely) and its simply not working anymore.

The other, is that because you didnt shut down you computer properly (Mine often does this when I dont actually) its lost the recognition of the USB. Just uninstall the nintendo USB drivers and install them again. That normally fixes it for me.

Spartan1841

Smash Journeyman
Stuff like that happens when the power goes out and comes like that, maybe its broken or just keep trying.
Anyways try what CartooN said

LyeN

Smash Rookie
Sorry for bumping this super old thread, but I get the same error message: "USB device is not recognized by windows, it has malfunctioned" when trying to use my mayflash gamecube adapter. I've been using it for many months, but suddenly it stopped working today. "USB Gamepad" no longer shows as an option in control panel>game controllers, and when I try to add any game controller it tells me "gameport drivers are not properly configured". So if anyone has had this problem before and fixed it, I'd like to know how you did so. I've already tried many methods, but naturally nothing works.

...So I tried it on another computer, which worked the other day when I installed Dolphin on it, but now it doesn't work either. Guess my Mayflash adapter is broken. I advise everyone to not buy their products; they're cheap plastic crap.

Last edited:
Top Bottom