• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Some Useful Little Sonic Combos

Status
Not open for further replies.

tripl3dogdare

Smash Rookie
Hey guys =) So I was messing around today, and I found a few nice little combos. They all start off with some form of DSpecial (Spin Charge), so they can be swapped out to fool your opponents. I'm still researching some of the exact info on these (total damage, etc.), so if anyone wants to help out feel free.

Some quick term definitions:
SC - Spin Charge (DSpecial)
FSC - Fake Spin Charge (Charged, but not released)

Also, since I've only ever really used the Wii Remote w/ Nunchuck, and the "official" controls are for the Gamecube controller, I'll try to be as generic as possible (i.e. "Attack button" vs. "A").

SC > USpecial > DAir (Optional)
So this little beauty is tricky to pull off, but can really mess with your opponent's mind. Basically, you want to charge your SC a little, then fire it off at your opponent. Right as you hit them, transition into a USpecial. You'll hit them with your SC, then immediately make a 90 degree momentum switch and hit them with the spring. If your opponent moves into the right position you can even transition into a neat little DAir for a pretty fair amount of damage.

FSC > DAir
This one is a bit weird; Start off by charging up your spin, but don't release it. Make sure to keep holding Down! When an opponent gets close, quickly tap your Attack button twice. You will jump into the air a little bit, damaging nearby opponents on the way up, and then almost immediately transtion into your DAir. If timed properly, both will hit solidly and do quite a bit of knockback (not enough for a KO at low percentages, but not fun for them either).

FSC > UAir
Basically the same strategy as the last combo here, but instead of DAir, use UAir (I think once you start charging, you can change from Down to Up and keep charging, but I'm not sure. If not, this is a bit harder to pull off but still not bad). This causes quite a bit of vertical knockback and will often send the opponent flying straight up.

SC > FAir
Pretty useful as a quick hit-and-run attack. Basically, SC at your opponent, then at the last second jump into your FAir. Good for changing up your basic SC a bit, and your horizontal momentum will usually carry you right past the opponent and allow you to escape easily.

That's all I've got for now, I'll update this post with more as I find them. Hope you found this useful ^-^

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
FSC?

I'm not going to pick apart each one of these, but "FSC"? Why would you "fake-out" with Down-B when the Side-B can literally be shield canceled, making it the vastly superior baiting tool?

Locking for fraudulent charges.

:093:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom