• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Some unexplained glitches in regards to stage lighting.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
Observe the following pictures:

To be specific with what I'm referring to, both pictures depict the same stage with the same lighting.

Now draw your attention to the lava and Pleiades ships: in one they're dark, and the other is light. I don't know for sure why this is, but I believe it connects directly to what other models are present. You'll notice version 2 uses Pokemon Stadium instead of a Stage Builder block, which is the only notable difference between the two that I figure could cause the problem.

So my question is this: is it, in fact, the addition of models that causes this glitch, or is it something else entirely; and subsequently, once I have all the models in, if I were to texture the problems away, is there a risk of it changing again? Or, can editing materials fix it?

Also, when I'm done this stage, I'm going to assemble a team for my Boss Pack.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
If what chuy told you doesn't work, just use another scenedata and edit it.

Every light effects some certain models. If you're using a scenedata with no lights made for those models, they will get the lighting from the last stage you used or something. The solution is getting a scenedata with lights for every possible model.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
If what chuy told you doesn't work, just use another scenedata and edit it.

Every light effects some certain models. If you're using a scenedata with no lights made for those models, they will get the lighting from the last stage you used or something. The solution is getting a scenedata with lights for every possible model.
Does such SceneData exist?

Also, I checked Flag3 for all of the models, and they're all 1 or 2, including the glitched ones.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
I have had really good results with the one in Distant Planet (I guess I'm always using an edited version of the one in that stage), and I guess I've used lights from Lylat cruise too.

Just try it. Maybe the one in my Crisis City Destination fits with your stage. But NOT the one in the regular Crisis City, because it's not updated and comes from some lava stage I don't remember, maybe the same as yours.

br3compactor

Smash Ace
Just swap it's SceneData for another stage's. I recommend Pictochat, you can test it and see if it doesn't make your stage too bright.

And keep in mind SceneData's are decently customizable. You can change lighting color, direction, fogs, etc.

Top Bottom