• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Some trouble against Ridley and Bowser

Dissi

Smash Rookie
Hi,

I have some trouble to face Ridley and Bowser.

Ridley’s pretty annoying with his fair and his ftilt. They have better range and he can use them to keeping me away. His neutral seems to be a strong spacing and edge guarding tool.

For Bowser I feel like he beat me with some fraudulents moves like the side b, the down b or the neutral b who give me ~30/40% in one touch.
His jabs are pretty good too, I don’t really know what to do in neutral.
Sometimes he beat my fair or nair only with up b on the ground or neutral b.

Have you some tips against them ?

KatKit

Smash Lord
It's harder to poke and juggle Bowser because of his super armor. His f-air and flame breath can be lethal to their recovery. Look for openings with their aerials; avoid using counter unless you have a really good read on him. He's a big target, so when you have an opening, go to town and try not to lose momentum. Your mobility is probably one of your best tools in this match-up; your ability to easily gimp his recovery at the ledge is another. When you have an opening, punish accordingly; fish for grabs. However, respect his brute strength by avoid being too reckless. You shouldn't be getting hit by his down-B, for example; it's usually choreographed. You can DI or airdodge out of his flame breath in neutral; it shouldn't be doing 30-40 percent in one touch. Personally, I jump and/or dodge out of its range before itc does a ton of damage.

Dissi

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the tips ! I think I try to rush him too much.

I'm scared to use my shield with his side b. I'm gonna try to space him better and focus on the edge guard.

For his flame can I get out quickly if I take them in front of his face ? I feel like i'm stucked for a lot of percent.

Do you have a favorite stage ? Battlefield is still okay with his side b ?

Top Bottom