• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Resource icon

Guide Some Tricks for Robin

Anasolian

Smash Rookie
Anasolian submitted a new resource:

Some Tricks for Robin - Mostly swords and restating common knowledge... (WIP)

High fall speed matched with a fast, and small hitbox recovery means that edge guarding robin can be quite finicky. recovery is good for edge guarding itself (If you know what you are doing) using arcfire can trap opponents and can lead to multiple combos, [arcfire to side air or down air (Levin, or down smash if lucky with hitboxes) something I find useful is a strange follow up option that is arcfire to first stage side b. Also, pretty much every smash player should know this but in...
Read more about this resource...

WFTFTW

Smash Rookie
I play as Robin a lot so here are a couple of my strats.

Don't be afraid to charge thunder in midair.
Casting any variation of thunder midair is useful, especially for pestering and distancing.

A common strategy to avoid ground level attacks is to jump toward the opponent. Robin players will see this a lot as opponents expect thunder and fire attacks. You can jump toward the opponent as they are jumping and cast arcfire. When you cast arcfire midair, its hitbox is harder to predict and can catch opponents in midair as well. If you catch them in midair with arcfire once, jump up and cast another. This combo is easy to land with some practice.

Likewise, Robin can employ this strategy by short hopping over enemy projectiles and attacking with Fair.

On the ledge, you have a couple options. First, you can simple attack as you climb up. Second, you can hold dodge and roll past the opponent (hopefully). Another option is to fast fall off the ledge then quickly jump and attack with up-air. Robin will swing a wide crescent through the ledge and hit the opponent.

Pick up Robin's books. They are very fast projectile items that you wouldn't usually see in For Glory.

If you're falling above the opponent, you can usually hit them by casting Robin's recovery at the last second.
Robin's Dair and Bair are both effective at catching opponents off guard, especially if you pester with magic in the air.

Scion of Yggdrasil

Smash Rookie
Robin is the best to punish players with imo: be a reactive fighter until you learn your opponents tempo/habits and don't get caught in close combat unless you feel confident enough to dance with them. Faster fighters (i.e. Mario, Kirby, etc.) will require perfect footwork and perfect timing in close combat, otherwise you gon' get got!

Favorite Maneuvers:
  • Arcfire followed by Nosferatu
  • Grab, Side Throw, Thunder (preferably Thoron)
  • Backwards hop into charging Thunder (release mid air if they pursue, or as you land, or keep charging!)
  • Backwards hop into Arcfire.... so much you can do now...
  • Edge Recovery: while falling, Thunder (preferably Thoron) to clear stage, then Elwind
  • Edge Recovery: while hanging, jump up/away and come back/down with Nosferatu after they miss their edge guard attack (then you end up back on the ledge again if done right)
  • Edge Recovery: while falling, Arcfire at edge of stage (the world is your oyster at this point)
  • Edge Guard: Arcfire followed by Aerial Side-Levin... followed by Thoron
  • Edge Guard: Jump out, Elwind back
Those are just the ones that immediately come to mind, I'll have to find some of my favorite replays

Last edited:
Top Bottom