• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Some tips to play him

SoraDreamer

Smash Cadet
Recently, I tried to use the "worst" character of SSBB and finally I discovery a real power in Olimar. So I need some tips to play him well. I know all basic commands we see everywhere like on SSBB DOJO and other. The thing I want to know is all your personal tips you have to play him. All these little things that make him a better characters and some advanced ways to play him. Thank you.

Oh yeah and also when I went on SSBB DOJO, a sentence intrigues me. It was: " [...] but be aware that certain Pikmin are more likely to appear in specific types of flooring".
Is it real that Pikmins have different place to be plucked? If it is, where can we find each kind of pikmins?

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
@ SoraDreamer SoraDreamer
Just look all over the olimar boards, you'll find tips, tricks, combos, mindgames, and the pluck %s all on here. To play olimar effectively, there are a few thins you must know
-Olimar's up-b is a tether and wont grab ledge if opponent is holding it
-Olimar with no pikmin can recover better than Olimar with 2 pikmin
-Olimar's whistle has superarmor, meaning you wont get knocked away at the beginning of the move
-Purple up-throw is really strong, use it only when you want to kill to avoid stale moves
-Learn to combo dthrow > up-smash
-Momentum cancel with up-air
-I dont remember the exact %s for pikmin plucks, you'll find it on here... but i know you'll find more Purples on Delfino and Lylat.

SoraDreamer

Smash Cadet
What do you mean when you say: Olimar with no pikmin can recover better than Olimar with 2 pikmin ?

But for the rest, really thank you it helps me a lot. I will try to be a better Olimar with these tips.

SoraDreamer

Smash Cadet
Aaahhh, now I understand. I didn't know that without Pikmin, Olimar does a little jump as a Up + B. So if I understand well, this jump is higher than a two-pikmin chain. Right?

Top Bottom