• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Some time ago, I made this document on how I'd change Mario's moveset.

DefinitelyNotSascha

Smash Cadet
I've posted this on Reddit before, but I think you guys here would enjoy it as well.

Note that I made this mostly because I wanted to make Mario more true to his games. I have no real clue about balancing and competitive play, and therefore, I did not considers such factors when making this.

Feel free to tell me what you think about it.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I remember seeing this on Reddit. I like it overall, just two small ideas I think would make it a little better.

1. I would keep Fludd as the Down-B and move Cape to Side-Tilt. Fludd is unique and canonical, and the Side Tilt really isnt important right now. Sure it isn't the most relevant thing, but if removal of unique stuff can be avoided, it's nice.

2. I don't like the FS, honestly. The Mega Mushroom seems like it should be an item, if anything. If I could suggest a replacement, maybe the T-Rex from SMO?

Don't get me wrong, I like the moveset and what you have isn't bad, just a little constructive critisism. I also posted some on your Luigi Moveset on reddit (The one about not liking the FS and the misunderstanding of the fate of the Luigi Cyclone).

MarineIris

Smash Cadet
I'm always going to defend Fludd. I'd honestly rather replace Fireball with Cappy. That can just be Luigi's move.

I love the hammer and Mega Mushroom being brought in, though. Cape as side tilt also makes sense.

Top Bottom