• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Some things I wanted to talk about in terms of reactionariness and dictatorships/fear and one other thing

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I already talked about these subjects with Sucumbio Sucumbio , but I thought I would post them here. I hope this does not cause any discord or anger or anything. Let us begin with the the topic of the reactionary.

You know what the term reactionary is, right? It is when someone or a group, even a government goes back to a previous state things were in before, like state of affairs, views on race, etc. Now, I do think many republican politicians seem reactionary nowadays. Reactionary is an extreme version of being conservative, but the thing is, those republicans do often have kids, whom they can teach their conservative values to. Only thing is, whatever such republicans may teach, what may have been just conservative in their time, may be now reactionary by the time their children come along. I think it is such a shame something like that happens, for not only are those children likely to be taught reactionary things, but it creates more opposition to moving forward as a people, as a country, as a world even.

You know what I mean by this?

Also, a small thing about dictatorships and fear...

About dictatorships, the ones that induce fear into their people, I see a bit of irony there: You see, the dictatorship and the people behind them are likely to have fears too, namely fears of change in their country that they do not want, and with the power they have, they try to keep that change from happening. The irony is, they are inducing fear to prevent their own possible fears from coming true.

And one last thing about the Republican party of the United States of America as they are now, and the politicians, or many of them anyway. This is not necessarily about republicans in general, like civilians that are republicans, so I hope I have made that clear and do not offend anyone. This will also be about the former president, Donald Trump. Anyway...

About what happened on January 6th, 2021; what Donald Trump, the one that was behind the events of January 6 as the January 6th committee shows, was criminal and traitorous. Now, there is a possibility, as well as a probability he won't go to jail, but even then, ever heard of the saying, "Some things are worse than death"? Well, some things are worse than even going to jail. I mean, there are a lot of cases against Trump now that it is not funny. He may lose his businesses in New York, which would hurt him a lot. Now, I remember a case of cyberbullying where a bully made someone commit suicide, so as punishment, he was banned from having electronics of any kind. The bully killed himself over his iPod in the end. That said, I can imagine Trump could end up getting worse than potentially going to jail.

Also, another thing I noticed, Trump got some people, mainly republicans, to believe that the 2020 election was stolen, but not only there was no evidence for that, but Trump got Russia to interfere with the 2016 election so that he could win; yet not much, if anything, was done about that. The republicans seemed to think it was nothing while the election in 2020 was much worse. Plus, just because one thinks an election was stolen, when in fact it was not, doesn't mean they should do a coup to overturn the election, which is traitorous and illegal, but there were a number of republicans who helped with the coup. Compared to the 2016 election being interfered with, do you see the hypocrisy of the certain republicans I am talking about here?

I should probably say that not every republican, politician or civilian, supported or believed Trump on this. Still, it is hard to list them all, or describe who did it or not. Regardless, I am not holding all republicans accountable for what happened nor am I labeling them all as bad guys. I know there are some good republicans out there. Many, in fact as I can imagine. I am just talking about certain ones.

Just a few things I feel I needed to get off my chest here. What are your thoughts, everyone?

Top Bottom