• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Some suggestions to improve Smashboards

Zorai

Smash Journeyman
NNID
x_Zorai
Hi all,

There are likely many of you who remember AllisBrawl back when it was the premiere Smash site by FAR, and had the biggest userbase. Now, if you look at the reasons as to why it had the biggest userbase, you can see that there are certain things, that if were incorporated into Smashboards, could produce the same outcome.

Now of course, Smashboards already has a fairly sizable userbase. However, this entire userbase is centered around the forum ALONE. Which is the primary and to be fair, only social attraction this website has to offer. Now, say this website began to incorporate more social features, such as custom profiles, a Ladder system, a social chat, and things of that nature.

We would then begin to see a very steady rise in Smashboard's popularity - similar to how AllisBrawl was immensely popular from 2008-2013. And what then would have caused such an increase? Nothing but a sheer increase in things TO DO on the site that do NOT just revolve around discussion of the game and so on and so forth. I mean it's great that Smashboards is a huge reservoir of knowledge but in all honesty, that is not going to attract a newcomer searching Google for Smash-related sites any more than it's going to attract someone who just totally randomly got the game for Christmas. See what I'm getting at here?

Last edited:

Keman

Smash Apprentice
I can see what you are getting at. some of the other things like a ladder and social chat are done alot on anther's. maybe smashboards could work more to incorporate or collaborate with other said sites, but I don't know they seem to be growing at a pretty steady rate as it is atm.

Top Bottom