• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Some slight additions I'd like to see that seemingly not many people have brought up.

DefinitelyNotSascha

Smash Cadet
While I do main Yoshi when it comes to fights I want to absolutely win, more often than not, I just play random characters because it's fun to have some change. Same goes with stages.

And while I do like playing different characters, there are obviously still some that I prefer playing as over certain others. Again, the same thing applies to stages. So I'd really like to see an option where you can manually set the probability for characters and stages to be picked when selecting random, exactly like setting which music you want to have on a stage. Stages already have this in a way, where you can disable them at least, but being able to set the probability would be amazing.

Of course not all players have the same preferences. With stages and music, you'll just have to compromise because you all play the same one, but characters are of course different for anyone. So maybe it would be good to link your character preference-setting with the name you're using, just like it's with the control-options.

Overall having more options tied to your name would be cool. Maybe have a specific alt set as default to each character so you don't have to manually select it everytime.

And while I was speaking of control-options, I'd like to turn off the way you execute Smash Attacks by hitting the A-Button and the Control-Stick at the same time. A lot of times I use a Smash Attack when I want to do a simple Tilt. I always do my Smash Attacks with the right Stick anyway, so there's no real need to have the other option.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
And while I was speaking of control-options, I'd like to turn off the way you execute Smash Attacks by hitting the A-Button and the Control-Stick at the same time. A lot of times I use a Smash Attack when I want to do a simple Tilt. I always do my Smash Attacks with the right Stick anyway, so there's no real need to have the other option.
Can you charge smashes that way?

jwillenn

Smash Apprentice
I think that's an innovative idea, and I like it. A random select according to a user-specified pool of favorites, right?

Last edited:

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
Isn't the smash input on the analog stick used for other things, like dashing and pivoting?
Yes, but that doesn't preclude them from making it an option to disable it for attacks. It's a good idea, just like being able to turn off tap to jump. Turning of TTJ doesn't mean you can no longer do uair/usmash/utilt.

Last edited:

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
While I do main Yoshi when it comes to fights I want to absolutely win, more often than not, I just play random characters because it's fun to have some change. Same goes with stages.

And while I do like playing different characters, there are obviously still some that I prefer playing as over certain others. Again, the same thing applies to stages. So I'd really like to see an option where you can manually set the probability for characters and stages to be picked when selecting random, exactly like setting which music you want to have on a stage. Stages already have this in a way, where you can disable them at least, but being able to set the probability would be amazing.

Of course not all players have the same preferences. With stages and music, you'll just have to compromise because you all play the same one, but characters are of course different for anyone. So maybe it would be good to link your character preference-setting with the name you're using, just like it's with the control-options.

Overall having more options tied to your name would be cool. Maybe have a specific alt set as default to each character so you don't have to manually select it everytime.

I had a similar idea to your character random selection too! Although I just figured you could choose characters to take off random like items or stages in custom rules, maybe like how you can select controllers for your profile names, so too could you choose characters for random that you prefer over others

Top Bottom