• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Some kids are so misinformed about Melee...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackFoxPariah

Smash Apprentice
I played melee at a friend's house last night. This kid named mike was talking about the smash series, so I had to get in on it. Anyway, he tries to convince me that if you hit all of the credits at the end you can unlock toad. :confused: I knew this couldn't be true. Think about it, this game has been out for a long time, I'm pretty sure all of the characters have been unlocked by now.

I wasn't about to go and waste time hitting all of the credits, however. He also tried to tell me that Pac Man and Goku were in Brawl. :ohwell: ...and that the N64 was called the N64 because the first prototype was in 1964. He also tried to convince me never to use the shield because it is "incredibly cheap. That's when he lost any shred of credibility.

Anyway, to bring this back to the subject of Melee...

He claimed he could destroy me. So we proceed to play melee. *****. I had him beat with any character at any stage 4 lives left to nothing in a 5 stock match.

I just think its silly how kids can still believe those rumors of more hidden characters in melee. So, what's the most bizarre rumor someone has told you before about this game? (I apologize if there is a thread like this somewhere already.)

antimatter

Smash Lord
the balrog was unlockable by beating a certain amount of people in cruel melee. i didnt believe it, of course.

Aaryk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aarykk
3DS FC
0834-3787-5311
that toad stuff is all over the place. It's what happens when gullible people read EGM.
My fried tried to tell me that they were making a Mushroom Kingdom Hearts.

Gullible + Electronic Gaming Monthly = facepalm

kenhead

Smash Apprentice
wow some people are really really stupid. If you don't know everything about melee by now please don't make up ****.

redgreenblue

Smash Ace
I played melee at a friend's house last night. This kid named mike was talking about the smash series, so I had to get in on it. Anyway, he tries to convince me that if you hit all of the credits at the end you can unlock toad. :confused: I knew this couldn't be true. Think about it, this game has been out for a long time, I'm pretty sure all of the characters have been unlocked by now.

I wasn't about to go and waste time hitting all of the credits, however. He also tried to tell me that Pac Man and Goku were in Brawl. :ohwell: ...and that the N64 was called the N64 because the first prototype was in 1964. He also tried to convince me never to use the shield because it is "incredibly cheap. That's when he lost any shred of credibility.

Anyway, to bring this back to the subject of Melee...

He claimed he could destroy me. So we proceed to play melee. *****. I had him beat with any character at any stage 4 lives left to nothing in a 5 stock match.

I just think its silly how kids can still believe those rumors of more hidden characters in melee. So, what's the most bizarre rumor someone has told you before about this game? (I apologize if there is a thread like this somewhere already.)
Oh god! I know someone exactly like that! He tried to convince people that he "hacked the ISP" in our province and that Spawn (like from a comic book) was in SSBB. Hahaha, oh man.

darklinkjr

Smash Cadet
something that was impossible,

Unlocking Goku in SmashBros64.
-Use Samus' Lazah fully charged 20 times in classic mode: VeryHard
-can't use any other moves.

And the Flaws, Remember that the second match stage in classic mode is killing a billion yoshi's Impossible.

Master hand needs more than 1 fully charged lazah to kill him.

mario-man

Smash Lord
LIKE c'mon, it's unbelievable how unrealistically stupid people can act.

Seriously, it was called Nintendo 64 because it was 64 bits. LOL unreal

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
I remember all those photoshop'd pics of Tails and Sonic being in Melee.

I know this doesn't relate to Melee, but once someone tried to convince me that waterlogged was a status ailment in Pokemon.

Bror

Smash Rookie
The ignorance in some people, arrgh I can't stand it. Here's a real life example:

My brother interviewed 25 people. He joked that dihydrogen monoxide (which is, in fact, a finer name for water) is dangerous because of it's common in acid rain and other things I can't quite remember. After that he mentioned that the goverment hasn't taken any action what so ever against this "dangerous" thing, and he closed with the question "Should dihydrogen monoxide be banned?" . Guess how the results went.

Only 1 of the 25 interviewed knew that it's water. 3 of them were not sure, and the rest did say that the goverment should ban water. Talk about stupidity.

Now, back to 64/Melee. Oh god, how ignorant people can be. The goku thing, the 64 thing, everything. Stupid fanboys.

Spartan1841

Smash Journeyman
Haha the toad thing was a hoax so was sonic and tails (stupid egm made me waste hours by trying to kill 20 in cruel melee when I was a kid)

BlackFoxPariah

Smash Apprentice
The ignorance in some people, arrgh I can't stand it. Here's a real life example:

My brother interviewed 25 people. He joked that dihydrogen monoxide (which is, in fact, a finer name for water) is dangerous because of it's common in acid rain and other things I can't quite remember. After that he mentioned that the goverment hasn't taken any action what so ever against this "dangerous" thing, and he closed with the question "Should dihydrogen monoxide be banned?" . Guess how the results went.

Only 1 of the 25 interviewed knew that it's water. 3 of them were not sure, and the rest did say that the goverment should ban water. Talk about stupidity.

Now, back to 64/Melee. Oh god, how ignorant people can be. The goku thing, the 64 thing, everything. Stupid fanboys.
People would fall for it...:laugh: If only people thought about it first before they answered.

D

Deleted member

I remember when I first got Melee:

I told my friend ******, and a few days later, he invited me to his house after school. He and his best friend helped me in unlocking Luigi, Marth, and Roy. They even showed me Mr. Game & Watch.

After a while, they claimed that I could unlock Sonic and Knuckles. One purchase of a Nintendo Power guide later, I realized they were wrong, although it was hardly believable in the first place.

He never stopped the hoaxes. Just a few months ago, he told Shadow the Hedgehog was in Melee. Shadow. In Melee. I knew he was lying; I pointed out Sonic in the newcomer section on the DOJO!!:ohwell:

Cobalt

Smash Journeyman
You know what's even more awesome? Going to an all-girls school with a petition to "End women's suffrage!" Watch how many people don't know what "suffrage" means.

For those who don't, it's voting rights.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
I seriously have heard the sonic one the most. I also heard that you could unlock Daisy (As her own character). Megaman was another one. I lol'd everytime I heard these....none were true. The one that threw me off, was the one for Crystal in Brawl. *shrugs* I almost didn't believe it, but when Olimar was confirmed....I was slightly intrigued. Turns out she's not, *shrugs* It's cool, but she would have been a cool character. I think it's ridiculous how people come up with these.

RednaXale

Smash Apprentice
On classic Smash, beating Very Hard with 1 life unlocked Master Hand. I believed it for a while but wouldn't say to other people. Then I beat it (with yoshi) and was like, ****, I just wasted so much time.

I can't think of any Melee rumors / myths / lies. Most things I heard about it are actually true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom